Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly (20669 Views)

Reasons Your Whatsapp Was Banned And How To Reactivate it (Whatsapp) / Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by fabinfos(f): 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
@KikioTolu

Checkout the list below;

Your phone screen brightness is set too high. This is one thing that consumes your battery power. When your phone screen brightness is set high, then don’t expect your battery to last too long.

Your phone is on 4G network. 4G consumes more data than 2G and 3G, so also does 3G consume more data than 2G. The thing is, if you are not doing any heavy download or streaming, turnoff your 4G network and switch to a less battery consuming 3G network.

Your software isn’t up-to-date. It is possible that there is a bug in your software that is making it drain your battery, and the programmers have improved on it. You’d need to upgrade to the latest version.

Your phone has hardware issues. Yes, hardware issues can lead to your phone going dead real quick. Getting a professional opinion on things is a good step to take.

Apps and data are automatically syncing. When you are automatically syncing your photos, videos, apps, music, and app data, then your phone battery is likely to go off faster.

Using battery savers. I don’t like this apps, and neither should you. They claim to save your battery, but in the end keep running in the background and consume a lot of power.

Using resource intensive apps. When you are making use of resource intensive apps like games then your battery is most likely to die quickly. So if you fall into that circle of game addicts, just get yourself ready to charge your phone.

You’re overdoing it with battery-draining apps and activities. Some battery draining apps are really good, and we can barely do without them, but when you are using them too frequently, then your phone battery is likely to go off quick. Google Maps for instance is a well known battery draining app.

Background apps. This is a top suspect, and you need to be on the look out for apps that are not useful but keep running in the background. To do this, you don’t need to install a battery saver app, but simply use your device apps manager.

Notifications. Yes, when your notifications keep going off all day, you are likely to lose power soon. Notification sounds, screen wake up, and led lights are activities that consume battery, so look into them.

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/reasons-your-phone-battery-dies-quickly/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by okey777(m): 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
Nice one,
This FTC is dedicated to fellow lazy Nigeria youths, who re struggling in one way or the other to make a living, our laziness will pay one day

10 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by talk2saintify(m): 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
shocked
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Emac34: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
Noted coolcool
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Jh0wsef(m): 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
11. NL updates from BBN
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Reeberry: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
Old gist
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
So refreshing!

God bless the Mod that pushed this to FP.

I'm frickin' tired of BBNaija.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
grin
All this Phone professionals again.

If your phone is running the battery down, so often.
First check is to know if your battery is healthy. Are you charging with the right Charger and cord. Is your voltage too low or too high, if you are on gen set what is the frequency.
Most cheap chargers are not smart and might give you a full battery indication, but poor really weak stored current.
Also you might have a hardware fault mostly along the charging line draining your current.
If all this are done, it is normal for phones to run down under heavy to moderate usage based on the mAh rating of your battery.

If you don't want your phone running down, simply don't use it.
Your smart phone is a machine that draws power when on and the number one culprit is screen brightness, followed by CPU during heavy gaming, vibration and speaker.
Sync this days draws minimal power.

So my dear, while you are right in some, this days most of what you listed are not culprits.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Oozflame: 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
OKAY
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by ibkayee(f): 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
Lol pretty much everything applies to me
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by KrystosCJ(m): 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
Playing games with your phone every moment.

Just put it plainly like that.. which one is resource-intensive app?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by neonly: 4:18pm On Apr 23, 2018
Using it to veiw this man

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Simeony007(m): 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
Let my battery die is it your battery?

If you get a better battery savers you would love it, you can try PURIFY battery saver and thank me later.

It was when I upgraded from 4.4 KitKat to 5.1 Lolipop that my battery became a nightmare. But thank God for purify in my life I can smile again.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Scholarsticchai: 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
grin
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
Leaving your Wi-Fi open when there's no Wi-Fi network, much like the geh below grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by PrincessB1(f): 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
Nice one cool
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by jerflakes(m): 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2018
okey777:
Nice one,
This FTC is dedicated to fellow lazy Nigeria youths, who re struggling in one way or the other to make a living, our laziness will pay one day

grin

grin

Clown

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Contut23: 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by dasanchez1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2018
get xiaomi redmi note 4x , 5 plus, mi max 2....... the battery never die based on the said topic.... grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by fabinfos(f): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
KrystosCJ:
Playing games with your phone every moment.

Just put it plainly like that.. which one is resource-intensive app?

Don't mind me, na too much English cause am

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by gr8tone: 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
Reeberry:
Old gist
Abeg park well. Mr know it all
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Reeberry: 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
gr8tone:
Abeg park well. Mr know it all
It is old recycles gist. Mr I no Sabi anything.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by NotBeenPaid: 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2018
Your number two option though. Won't say anything because sun quite hot down here cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flKDtaUUJmo
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by steveDpro: 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
noted
Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by propanet(m): 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
if you want to have rest of mind as regard battery issues on mobile phones, simply ditch your android device and get yourself an Apple device and all your worries will be over.
Since i made this decision, till tomorrow i am not regretting

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by masciv: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
11. Using a fake, incompatible or damaged charger to charge.

12. Charging from low/fluctuating current devices (I beta pass my neighbor gen)

I believe science people will understand these.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Ifedith(m): 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
fabinfos:
@KikioTolu

Checkout the list below;

Your phone screen brightness is set too high. This is one thing that consumes your battery power. When your phone screen brightness is set high, then don’t expect your battery to last too long.

Your phone is on 4G network. 4G consumes more data than 2G and 3G, so also does 3G consume more data than 2G. The thing is, if you are not doing any heavy download or streaming, turnoff your 4G network and switch to a less battery consuming 3G network.

Your software isn’t up-to-date. It is possible that there is a bug in your software that is making it drain your battery, and the programmers have improved on it. You’d need to upgrade to the latest version.

Your phone has hardware issues. Yes, hardware issues can lead to your phone going dead real quick. Getting a professional opinion on things is a good step to take.

Apps and data are automatically syncing. When you are automatically syncing your photos, videos, apps, music, and app data, then your phone battery is likely to go off faster.

Using battery savers. I don’t like this apps, and neither should you. They claim to save your battery, but in the end keep running in the background and consume a lot of power.

Using resource intensive apps. When you are making use of resource intensive apps like games then your battery is most likely to die quickly. So if you fall into that circle of game addicts, just get yourself ready to charge your phone.

You’re overdoing it with battery-draining apps and activities. Some battery draining apps are really good, and we can barely do without them, but when you are using them too frequently, then your phone battery is likely to go off quick. Google Maps for instance is a well known battery draining app.

Background apps. This is a top suspect, and you need to be on the look out for apps that are not useful but keep running in the background. To do this, you don’t need to install a battery saver app, but simply use your device apps manager.

Notifications. Yes, when your notifications keep going off all day, you are likely to lose power soon. Notification sounds, screen wake up, and led lights are activities that consume battery, so look into them.

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/reasons-your-phone-battery-dies-quickly/
Your point 2 is not entirely true. 3g consumes battery more than 4g. 2g is the most battery efficient. This is a fact i experience with mtn on my redmi note 4x. I also read somewhere online that though 4g consumes more battery, all things being equal, the constant search for 3g network drains more battery. I. E if 4g is more stable than 3g, the 3g battery will burn out faster than the 4g phone. This is true for mtn and my redmi note 4x.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by Obeto(m): 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2018
propanet:
if you want to have rest of mind as regard battery issues on mobile phones, simply ditch your android device and get yourself an Apple device and all your worries will be over.

Sorry, not absolutely true. I use iPhone; and everything this dude mentioned are all applicable. I also support I-devices. But Android is hmmmm...

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by GindoX(m): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2018
All this are normal things jaree.. Put any of those functions off, then u are in instant noikia 3310 grin

Just get a value phone with better battery, minimum 3000mah

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by savannahGist: 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2018
Power Bank also kills phone battery when you use it much.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly by AkpaMgbor(m): 5:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
propanet:
I concur

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Was Ur First Ever Phone? / Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time / How Do You End Call You're Tired Of Without Sounding Rude?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.