Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia (29933 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo Cries Out To Dencia: "They Collapsed My Business" / Dencia Shades Wizkid & Jada Pollock, His Manager Turned Baby Mama (Photo) / Dencia Steps Out In Bathrobe For Early Morning Interview On TVC,Lagos (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by PierreDeFermath(m): 6:29am On Apr 24, 2018
CSTR1003:
She has her circles. ?

If Beyonce who sees her as a mentor is part of her circles, then what other circles is there. ? grin

She is a millionaire. Her books especially that americanah are raving success.

Her husband is a surgeon in America, and I learnt she earns more than double his income.
no wonder why she thinks every woman must be a feminist. but how many woman earns more than their husbands? they say when a woman is richer than her husband,she becomes proud. Beyonce that is one of her followers one of the most submissive female celebrities I know.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Kumar4india: 6:32am On Apr 24, 2018
Like wise Chimamanda compared to Hilary Clinton. Chimamanda has no right to talk about Hillary that way.

CSTR1003:
smh.

Dencia must have hurt herself trying to think. smiley

The places chimamanda have entered and dominated , dencia would be chased away with police dogs.

Attention seeking bleacher that does not know her level.

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by PierreDeFermath(m): 6:33am On Apr 24, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Which America? The one I live in or which one? You guys just cook up lies for convenience. She has her circle though.

They spend in dollars also. I strongly doubt she is a millionaire.
thank you jare. my people at home feed us with lies and hype everything,make up rumours

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Surrey2Bimshire: 6:33am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:

hope you won't be angry when you do 50/50 with your husband? smiley

sarang why did you ignore this question? grin

There’s nothing wrong with 50-50 in marriage ..

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Aldebaran(m): 6:34am On Apr 24, 2018
SuperSuave:
It's the single ladies that follow those feminists and their mumu advice and motivational talks I pity.

Last last your feminist leader will show off her engagement ring and pre wedding pics. You think she got engaged by being rude and saucy? Think twice, think wise.
True
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Emycord: 6:35am On Apr 24, 2018
dafeyankee:
True.

A fake feminist.

Who is a feminist?usually a frustrated single lady in their mostly 30's, 40's and 50's who after failing in life, will now discover that their calling is to bash men, while pretending they seek equality.

Equality my banga soup. Who una wan dey equal to?you want to be equal?the feminists should first pick an empty bottle of coke,and try to pee inside.

If you can pee into an empty coke bottle, you have earned the right to be called an equal.

PUT In Another Way: A frustrated feminist Or A Frustrated Single Lady At 40. 50. Should Be Regarded As A Men If Not What Else. She Don Turn To Man Now Why Wont She See Herself As Equall To Her Father?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by RillJ(m): 6:35am On Apr 24, 2018
Knock out! H Einstein dey learn for your side bro!

dafeyankee:
True.

If you can pee into an empty coke bottle, you have earned the right to be called an equal.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:38am On Apr 24, 2018
Sarang:
says who?
what has marriage got to do with feminity? shocked
feminism is equality.. it means don't treat your sisters, mothers, wives or any woman at all like trash.. it means respect. This is what true feminism stands for,
Justice not marriage and yes equal responsibilities.. you guys be thinking like backward people sef.. Shockingly it's mostly guys that hate feminism? Why? because you need a maid in your house and not a partner right? Trash! angry Chimanda is a well versed and educated writer..and who is Dencia? A social media influencer? cheesy.. Pot calling kettle black..or in this case pot calling snow black undecided

don't quote me please just go and see my signature and support my cause
On point sis.*Applauds her*

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by elmegde1970: 6:40am On Apr 24, 2018
Tamara15:
what Chimamanda's statement was she reacting to?
the interview with Hillary Clinton. She questioned Hillary the reason behind her saying she was a mum, and grandmother in her twitter page.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Kumar4india: 6:41am On Apr 24, 2018
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie interviewed Hillary Clinton at a PEN World Voices Festival lecture at the Cooper Union in Manhattan on Sunday night, and she took the opportunity to confront the former Democratic presidential candidate with something that was bothering her. Why, with all of Clinton’s career accomplishments, did her Twitter bio primarily identify her as a “Wife”?

“In your Twitter account, the first word that describes you is ‘Wife.’ And then I think it’s ‘Mom,’ and then it’s ‘Grandmother,’” Adichie said. “And when I saw that, I have to confess that I felt just a little bit upset. And then I went and I looked at your husband’s Twitter account, and the first word was not ‘husband.’” (Bill Clinton’s Twitter bio leads with, ‘Founder, Clinton Foundation and 42nd President of the United States,’ for interested parties.)

Adichie wanted to know if it was Clinton’s choice to first identify in relation to her husband, and if so, why. “When you put it like that, I’m going to change it,” Clinton said, prompting roars from the crowd. But she did have a pretty good explanation for why “Wife” kicked off her bio, which is that women should be able to celebrate both their accomplishments and their relationships. She told a story about hearing the late Barbara Bush speak at Wellesley in the early 1990s. “She said, you know, at the end of the day, it won’t matter if you got a raise, it won’t matter if you wrote a great book, if you are not also someone who values relationships,” Clinton recalled.

And though Bush got a standing ovation after that speech, Clinton told Adichie and the PEN crowd she’s not sure Bush was right:

It shouldn’t be either/or. It should be that if you are someone who is defining yourself by what you do and what you accomplish, and that is satisfying, then more power to you. That is how you should be thinking about your life, and living it. If you are someone who primarily defines your life in relationship to others, then more power to you, and live that life the way Barbara Bush lived that life, and how proud she was to do it.

But I think most of us as women in today’s world end up in the middle. Wanting to have relationships, wanting to invest in them, nurture them, but also pursuing our own interests.

prechbills1:
Chimamanda thinks like a backward clock - Dencia

she also said;
Feminism isn’t about cooking & cleaning or whatsoever but like I stated, most of her followers I know will say “they won’t be under a man or whatsoever & when u tell them she is married with a child they are so shocked, her life & feminist ways work for her, the average person sees feminism in a different way.Do u guys know how hard it is being married to someone or raising kids? If a woman thinks that’s something she should be proud of, why even question that? If feminism isn’t about marriage & all why even question her bio? Infact who even questions people’s SM bio? It’s just SM, ladies, live ur lives as u please, don’t let others lives & what works or doesn’t work for others determine ur life.Ur face feminist are humans like u figuring out their lives day by day.Just be humans and stop the extra Tags!! Women already are higher up than men cuz they birth men, stop fighting positions u already have, u raise men, these are ur kids !! Wear ur crown � queens and live ur life.

©Nairaland 2018.
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Tonason: 6:43am On Apr 24, 2018
Have I not said it over and again that she is a confused fellow

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by prechbills1(m): 6:43am On Apr 24, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

There’s nothing wrong with 50-50 in marriage ..

this man go wicked oh grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Avicol: 6:44am On Apr 24, 2018
It is painful that most people misunderstand the point being made by Chimamanda. She had a motive for asking that question.

She was trying to expose the hypocrisy of Hillary Clinton. Hillary was NEVER first a wife in reality and Hillary NEVER preached to women to take their family as first. Hillary does everything to look good even if that is not what she deeply in.

In fact when one of her staffer, Prof Mary-Anne Slaughter, resigned in order to take care of her family, Hillary was the first to castigate her as 'not a feminist enough'. Pls check the debate between Ann-Marie Slaughter and Hillary Clinton. It's online. Anne Slaughter has to give a TED talk to explain why sacrI fixing her job for her family didn't make her any less a feminist.

So at what time in Hillary's career did she EVER preached that being a WIFE was ever first for women? For me, it was that hypocrisy of feminist that Adichie tties to expose. If you read about Adichie, she has always criticised the type of feminism that Hillary and the rest stand for.

Everywhere, Hillary told women that being just a wife makes you not woman enough. She always advocated that women should not see the home as good enough like carreer achievement. So when was Hillary FIRST a wife, mother, grandmother etc. Hillary put these things last since 1995 when she made a powerful and compelling speech at the Beijing Conference which is a recent foundation for mother feminism. Every worst thing you have ever read about feminism, Hillary believes in them or has never directly criticised any form of feminism. So between Adichie and Hillary, Adichie has never been a feminist icon that underplayed the role of a wife. Hillary almost always has.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Twoclans(f): 6:47am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:

this man go wicked oh grin grin

Morning dear

I can see you are completely strong now, you don't feel ill anymore.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by prechbills1(m): 6:48am On Apr 24, 2018
crazymommy:
Even ladies that cannot afford good bra unless their boyfriends buy it for them sef dey claim feminist for nairaland....grin they do forget feminism when money is involved....hypocrites...

father lawd grin
sarang,ladyhippolyta can you guys see this grin
my best friend's ex was always advocating for equality yet she wanted my guy to foot all her bills.. thank God my friend dumped her like sand grin

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Boyooosa(m): 6:49am On Apr 24, 2018
Sarang:
says who?
feminism is equality.. it means don't treat your sisters, mothers, wives or any woman at all like trash.. it means respect. This is what true feminism stands for,
Justice not marriage and yes equal responsibilities.. you guys be thinking like backward people sef.. Shockingly it's mostly guys that hate feminism? Why? because you need a maid in your house and not a partner right? Trash! angry Chimanda is a well versed and educated writer..and who is Dencia? A social media influencer? cheesy.. Pot calling kettle black..or in this case pot calling snow black undecided

Tor, shaybi we told una say make una drop this unworthy cause of una but you insisted that una want equality as if someone is there taking ride on you. As if you are overwhelmed with the achievement and growth of the other gender.
You uncovered your complex to the world, now u r waking up.
#ConfusedSouls
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by prechbills1(m): 6:50am On Apr 24, 2018
Twoclans:

Morning dear

I can see you are completely strong now, you don't feel ill anymore.

Morning dearie..

you didn't talk to me last night..
I'm feeling good now but not too strong

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by HeWrites(m): 6:51am On Apr 24, 2018
Sarang:

I concur.. ofcourse.. equality means equality
Even when you hit me, I hit you back.
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Twoclans(f): 6:53am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:

Morning dearie..

you didn't talk to me last night..
I'm feeling good now but not too strong

Sorry about that, I slept quite early like a chicken. Your thread is on front page. Let's not derail it. Have a lovely day ahead. kiss kiss
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by prechbills1(m): 6:54am On Apr 24, 2018
Sarang:

This on got me rofl grin cheesy.. She's just lazy, glad your friend got rid of hersmiley
98% of naija feminists still want their men to foot all their bills.. only God knows who they're deceiving cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by davidque007(m): 6:54am On Apr 24, 2018
Dencia is making sense for the first time
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Mikora: 6:55am On Apr 24, 2018
Sarang:
says who?

Your description of feminism is good but I'm curious as to how chimamanda's attack on Hilary Clinton advances the cause of the kind of feminism you just described above. Clinton's only crime was to describe herself as a wife and a mother!! What's wrong with that? If feminism has started seeing being a wife and a mother as something to be ashamed of then it's only people who are not wise that will think it's only about equality. I don't know how a woman like Clinton who has done a whole lot more than chimamanda in advancing the cause of equal opportunity for women will be the butt of an attack just because she chose to be proud of her achievement as a good wife and a good mother. Another note, stop calling people backward just because they disagree with your views. Many people like me are also advocates of equal rights for all. We are just totally against the kind of devilish feminism that is being espoused by the likes of chimamanda and Nkechi bianze. The other time a woman killed her husband in abuja and some feminists were celebrating her as a hero and calling it the beginning of a Women revolution. Where does women right activism stop and stupidity start?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by PierreDeFermath(m): 6:57am On Apr 24, 2018
Tamara15:
what Chimamanda's statement was she reacting to?
Hilary Clinton referred to herself in her twitter bio as Wife,Mother,Grandmother, former presidential aspirant,hair expert,Flotus,etc while her husband's bio states Former US president,etc. and so Chimamanda boiled that Hilary shouldn't be that submissive as to calling herself wife,mother ,etc . like why didn't her husband refer to himself as husband,father,etc

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by djl(m): 6:59am On Apr 24, 2018
CSTR1003:
smh.

Dencia must have hurt herself trying to think. smiley

The places chimamanda have entered and dominated , dencia would be chased away with police dogs.

Attention seeking bleacher that does not know her level.

Adonbilivit!!!! So u mean Dencia no know her level but Chimamanda know her level talking trash about Hilary's bio?

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by prechbills1(m): 6:59am On Apr 24, 2018
Twoclans:

Sorry about that, I slept quite early like a chicken. Your thread is on front page. Let's not derail it. Have a lovely day ahead. kiss kiss

are you leaving for work?

how was your night? kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tuface, Agwu & Ay Comedian's Kids Celebrate Children's Day With Costume Party / Obi Obadike: Fitness Trainer Making Nigeria Proud Abroad (Photos) / Fan Gave An Artwork To Junior Pope While On Set In Enugu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.