Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Salah Won’t Have It Easy Against Former Club Roma, Says Liverpool Boss Klopp - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Salah Won’t Have It Easy Against Former Club Roma, Says Liverpool Boss Klopp (266 Views)

Iwobi Suffers Injury In His First Game Against Former Club, Arsenal / Oshoala Scores A Brace Against Her Former Club As Barca Defeats Arsenal 2-5. / Jurgen Klopp Says "Liverpool Is Team Of The Season" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Salah Won’t Have It Easy Against Former Club Roma, Says Liverpool Boss Klopp by Sportxclusive: 9:32am On Apr 24, 2018
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp looks forward to seeing newly crowned Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year Mohamed Salah get a rough ride from his former Roma team-mates.

Mohamed Salah returned to Liverpool on Monday for final preparations ahead of Tuesday’s first leg with Roma – the club he left in the summer to join Liverpool.

Salah’s record-breaking Liverpool debut season, which has seen him score 41 goals in 46 appearances so far in all competitions, was recognized by his peers at an awards ceremony in London on Sunday as he beat Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne and Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane to the prize.

Italian defenders have a reputation for their uncompromising approach and Klopp alluded to that when discussing Salah’s situation.

“Players change clubs, managers change clubs – I had it with Dortmund two years ago already,” Klopp said.

“It is a normal game but it feels quite special because you know much more about the team than you usually know, and you are more interested in the other team than you usually are.”

“I am pretty sure Mo follows the whole season of Roma as he had a fantastic time there and he became the player there which we have now here, so big credit to all the staff and the players at Roma because they are all part of his development.”

“Italian defenders are famous for not having friendly games so I think Mo will feel pretty early in the game they are not his team-mates anymore and then he can strike back in a football way.”

Klopp said it was already a special campaign for record-breaking Salah after his individual award but wanted him to achieve something with the team.

“It’s great but the season is not finished and there are a lot of things to come but I am sure it is a nice boost for him,” the German added.

“In this season when Kevin De Bruyne played the season he played it makes it even more special.”

“The players know how difficult it is to score that many goals and be involved in that many goals so I think it is well deserved.”
READ MORE:http://sportxclusive.com/2018/04/23/salah-wont-have-it-easy-against-former-club-roma-says-liverpool-boss-klopp/

(1) (Reply)

Andres Iniesta To Leave Barcelona At The End Of Season / Breaking: Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager / "It Was Nice To Be At Madrid" Says Ronaldo After Champions League Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.