Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,117 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Ballack Out Of World Cup - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ballack Out Of World Cup (3397 Views)

Incredible World Cup Art / Evidence Of Match-fixing In Champions League & World Cup Qualifiers / Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On May 17, 2010
Germany's chances of winning their 4th world cup took a huge dent when o bloddy olori buruku, Ghanaian called Kevin prince Boatend injured him last weekend.

The MRI scan reveals he would be out for 2 months

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/787899/ce/uk/?cc=5901&ver=us
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On May 17, 2010
Schweinsteiger would now probably the oldest starting German midfielder in the world cup at age 25
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On May 17, 2010
Former Germany boss Rudi Voller claimed Ballack was irreplaceable. Voller, who led the national team from 2000 to 2004, said in Bild: ``It's brutal, terrible for Michael. He was full of optimism and wanted to play a good World Cup. There are players in the team who can't be replaced and Michael Ballack is certainly one of them .''
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On May 17, 2010
This was definitely his last world cup and probably his last major tournament for the Manschafft
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:46pm On May 17, 2010
Ironically the player who injured Ballack, Kevin Prince Boatengs younger brother Jerome is in the German squad and would play for Germany at the world cup while Kevin is in the Ghanaian camp hoping to play for Ghana
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 6:44pm On May 17, 2010
No Biggie. I remember us loosing Canna on the eve of Euro 2008. This if nothing else gives england a chance in SA.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by khanye(m): 7:19pm On May 17, 2010
Kevin Boateng dey vex for the guy gan grin
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 7:43pm On May 17, 2010
That muchacho is jinxed! Bad-luck must be following him from his village

I doubt he would be missed sha. He is past his prime and one can't win a major final with him anyway although the bulk of the midfield is largely inexperienced SA would give em a chance to shine and it would benefit them in the long run! I remember the good ol days when Germany where spoilt for choice with midfield generals. Matthaus,Hassler,Effenberg,Moller,Basler,Deisler,Scholl,Ziege e.t.c they have somewhat lacked genuine quality in that part of the pitch lately
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 8:24pm On May 17, 2010
Genuine quality you say?

Germany has one of the most talented midfields in Europe at the moment.

Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Kroos are top notch anyday. Marin, Muller and Khedira are no pushovers either. Ballack would be missed for his leadership and experience.

But the average EPL fan wouldnt know anything outside of the regular names like Gerrard, Lampard, Carrick etc
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 9:19pm On May 17, 2010
Egbon aside Schweinsteiger awon iyoku si n wo pampers. Yeah i know they have won their age grade tourneys but the WC is another stratosphere entirely! I don't think anyone would deny that the Mannschaft midfield is not as strong as it used to be in the 90's. Abi who would you compare to the midfield oligarchs i mentioned earlier? Those new boys still have work to do lets see if they perform in SA
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 8:44am On May 18, 2010
Leave DK to be fantasizing about a midfield without international experience.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by mykali(m): 10:26am On May 18, 2010
this is really sad news for Ballack sad
now he knows old age is setting in,
and should be contemplating retirement. tongue
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Borat1: 12:27pm On May 18, 2010
Boateng will be bludgeoned in the Ghana-Germany game! grin
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 4:32pm On May 18, 2010
Leave DK to be fantasizing about a midfield without international experience.

The experienced midfield of Lampard, Barry, Gerrard and other fools couldnt even qualify fr the last Euro cup
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 18, 2010
dayokanu:

The experienced midfield of Lampard, Barry, Gerrard and other fools couldnt even qualify fr the last Euro cup
Did I mention England here?
Why do you have a half erect.ion for anything English?
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 5:19pm On May 18, 2010
Did you really expect any better from the Nazi? undecided
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:30pm On May 18, 2010
Did I mention England here?
Why do you have a half erect.ion for anything English?

The best example of Failure can either be England or Arsenal. Thats why they always fit into the context
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 5:43pm On May 18, 2010
Hopefully England will jam the Nazis during next month's tourney.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On May 18, 2010
You know how it always ends, an agonising defeat for the 3 rats of England anytime they meet in the knockout stage of a major competition
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 18, 2010
dayokanu:

The best example of Failure can either be England or Arsenal. Thats why they always fit into the context
And while I wont disagreewith you on the above,one wonders why Germany have been murdered the last two times they've met England IN Germany.
This is in spite of the much heralded midfield. . .
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On May 18, 2010
And while I wont disagreewith you on the above,one wonders why Germany have been murdered the last two times they've met England IN Germany.
This is in spite of the much heralded midfield. . .

Murdered in a qualifier and in a friendly. Keep winning those while Germany keeps winning trophies. When was the last time England played a final?

Germany did last major tournament
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 6:17pm On May 18, 2010
dayokanu:

You know how it always ends, an agonising defeat for the 3 rats of England anytime they meet in the knockout stage of a major competition
Ever heard of the saying 'Everyday is for the thief but one day is for the owner'? undecided
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 6:26pm On May 18, 2010
Wait for that day, before your grandchildren die, they would see that day
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 6:32pm On May 18, 2010
Nah I wouldn't have to wait that long. I see it happening very soon. Next month to be precise.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 7:37pm On May 18, 2010
I see Arsenal winning the league this month too
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Digriz(m): 11:05pm On May 18, 2010
Who cares, let him be out or in!
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 11:42pm On May 18, 2010
:-x :-x :-x
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 8:08am On May 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Murdered in a qualifier and in a friendly. Keep winning those while Germany keeps winning trophies. When was the last time England played a final?

Germany did last major tournament
Did they win?
And when was the last time you beat England inside 90 or 120 minutes?Always hanging on for dear life whenever you meet and winning on penalties.
And after 1996,what has Germany done?
Runners up in 2002 and 2008?Or since when have you stooped to the level of Netherlands as "almost-wons"?
England have a 100% record in finals played (1-1) 1996. grin
Compared to your beloved Germany.Losing finals here and there.
Yeah,murdered in a friendly and a qualifier.But in Germany.I guess that should say something.
Oga get some perspective here.It's only a matter of time before they start getting you exposed.For the record,if you remove two penalty shoot-out wins, England would be leading the head-to-head count over Germany 12-10 in all international fixtures (friendlies inclusive).
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 9:19am On May 19, 2010
That injury will be there till 2011

he has been paid back in his own coin; isnt that the way the evil child tackles people on the pitch

may he suffer more on his sickbed
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 11:12am On May 19, 2010
tkb417:

he has been paid back in his own coin; isnt that the way the evil child tackles people on the pitch

I for say "Amen ",but i dont like wishing people ill. . .
Anyway somebody has already beaten us to his ill-will,as the guy no gree win major final. . .
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dyabman(m): 2:18pm On May 19, 2010
tkb417:

which kain talk be this , dem suppose ban you . .
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 3:24pm On May 19, 2010
@Eastbay
Abeg no dey compare England to Germany on any levels them no be mate. Barber l'oba clipper.

3 Euro's 3 World Cups
3 times Euro runner up and 4 time World Cup runner up
Let us check out England:
1 world cup pere (1966)

How is England better than Spain,Holland or Portugal?? So why the fuss over those average Joes

Even France and Argentina are higher in the footie hierarchy. At least France have two Euros and a WC to their name

The likes of Germany should only be mentioned with the Brazil's and the Italy's

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Arsene Wenger A Magician? / Marseille Vs Bayern Munich (0 - 2) On 28th March 2012 / Champions League Draw: The Round Of 16 Fixtures Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.