Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku (11677 Views)

I Am Not Desperate For Second Term, Kogi People Will Return Me - Yahaya Bello / Kaduna Governorship: I Am Not Desperate To Win - El-Rufai / Atiku: "I Am Not Desperate To Be Nigeria's President" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by adonis89(m): 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
Former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, has dismissed criticisms that he's desperate to become president of the country as he braces up for the 2019 presidential election.

In an interview with BBC Hausa on Tuesday, April 24, 2018, Atiku said he's passed up previous opportunities to become president because he's not desperate for power.

He pointed to his decision to step down for MKO Abiola during the race for the 1993 presidential election whose result was eventually annulled by the military government of  Gen. Ibrahim Babangida.

"If I am desperate, I wouldn't have stepped down for M.K.O Abiola in 1993 presidential race. In 1993, I contested with M.K.O Abiola. I later withdrew from the race.

"In 1999, I was elected a governor of Adamawa state, then invited to be Nigeria's vice president, under Olusegun Obasanjo." he said.

Atiku, who was vice president under former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, between 1999 and 2007, said he hasn't had proper opportunities to contest as a presidential candidate.

"All the times I have been contesting for the presidency, I have been opportune only once to be presented to Nigerians as a candidate.

"I could have become Nigeria's president in 2003 when virtually, all the state governors then, rallied support for me to contest which I declined. I am not desperate to be president as some Nigerians view it." he said.

He also boasted that he knows what it takes to revive Nigeria's economy and maximise the country's wealth.

He said, "As a former vice president, I am opportune to know things. If I am opportune to be elected as a president, I will accomplish my mission by reviving the economy, by making Nigeria an investor’s haven.

"The present administration discouraged investors into the country, because the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) exchange rate policies is too tedious for investors. CBN has three different exchange rate policies, which is not supposed to be.

"If elected Nigeria's president, I will expand the nation's source of wealth to cater for the growing youth population in the country.

"Nigeria can justify my claims, going by the number of youth that are working in my industries across the country."

https://www.ozonereporters.com/2019-i-am-not-desperate-to-become-president-atiku/

4 Likes

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by NwaAmaikpe: 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
shocked

Shut up mumu.
You are the most desperate amongst all the contenders.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by dfrost: 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2018
cheesy grin shocked Aaah brother, you can lie for Africa. You that wanted to topple your oga during your tenure as VP? Infact the Devil will be scared of you.

10 Likes

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by zlantanfan: 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
So the desperation had started since 1993

6 Likes

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
If he wasn't a desperado, he wouldn't have been named the most jumping politician in Nigeria.
He has left and returned to the PDP about twice or thrice.
He's the only presidential aspirant who have been a member of all the major parties.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by dadavivo: 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2018
Dankwabo we know cos he's the chosen one.

1 Like

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by fourhayz: 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2018
Even though we want to send back Buhari to Daura....Atiku abubakar is not a good contender....He wont even get a Draw against PMB.

7 Likes

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by babyfaceafrica: 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2018
Nice...who president EPP sef?
Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by Paperwhite(m): 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2018
Even this press release is a sign of desperation. sad

10 Likes

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by Igba123: 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
V
Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by positivelord: 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
Head2Head Atiku is far better than the Crazy Lazy Disaster of a dull-ard we have now ...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
Desperate or not, you are not smelling that seat of power ever again.

Go and answer your Haliburton criminal charges.

7 Likes

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by Igba123: 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
U
Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by TheTrueSeeker: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
dfrost:
cheesy grin shocked Aaah brother, you can lie for Africa. You that wanted to topple your oga during your tenure as VP? Infact the Devil will be scared of you.

Go and get your facts right Sir, he only prevented OBJ from altering the Constitution to allow for a third term for the president...!!!

Atiku is the man to beat...!!!
He's my choice anytime...!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by rusher14: 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2018
Jennifer Elizabeth Douglas, who has also gone by the names Jennifer Iwenjiora, Jamila Abubakar, and Jennifer Douglas-Abubakar, is the fourth wife of Atiku Abubakar. According to the Atiku Biography,Ms. Douglas was born in Nigeria as Jennifer Iwenjiora, worked as a television journalist at the Nigerian Television Authority, and dated Mr. Abubakar in the early 1980s, before leaving for the United States.

She lost touch with Mr. Abubakar while attending Howard University. She subsequently married in the United States, took the married name of Jennifer Douglas, and later divorced, becoming a naturalized U.S. citizen during this time period. Ms. Douglas eventually renewed her relationship with Mr. Abubakar who came to visit her in the United States. According to the Atiku Biography, from late 1995 to early 1998, while Sani Abacha was in power in Nigeria, Mr. Abubakar “spent most of his time in Maryland” with Ms. Douglas, making occasional visits to Nigeria.

Skipped a lot of paragraphs to the important bit on Page 190.

In December 2008, the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filed criminal and civil pleadings alleging that Siemens AG, a major German company traded on the New York Stock Exchange, violated the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) by making bribery payments to obtain business in multiple countries, including Nigeria.

Siemens pleaded guilty to violating the books and record keeping provisions of the FCPA, and agreed to pay combined criminal and civil fines totaling more than $1.6 billion.

One of the allegations in the SEC civil complaint against Siemens was that “approximately $2.8 million of the bribe payments was routed through a bank account in Potomac, Maryland, in the name of the wife of a former Nigerian Vice President.”

The Subcommittee has obtained wire transfer documentation substantiating this allegation, as explained below. Through her legal
counsel, however, Ms. Douglas denies any wrongdoing

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/FOREIGNCORRUPTIONREPORTFINAL710.pdf

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by elyte89: 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
He's not desperate..... He just want to "die" contesting

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by DoTheNeedful: 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hahahahahah grin. Say something more believable.

From wanting to contest against your principal (Obasanjo) to joining ACN for presidential ticket in 2007 to going back to PDP in 2011 to get presidential ticket to betraying GEJ and moving to APC to still trying and get this ticket to still still going back to PDP again to get the elusive ticket. grin

Just few weeks ago, his campaign office hinted that if he doesn't get the ticket under PDP they might look for an alternative.

Maybe someone needs to educate me about the meaning of desperation.

Just like Buhari, he is over 70 years and he is Fulani. To those supporting him, you can't tell me not to support Buhari when you are supporting Atiku, kolewerk angry. I would rather have Buhari continue than have Atiku in 2019.

If you really think Buhari is not good enough then let's support entirely new people. Buhari should be the last of the recycled politicians.

If you say "no" to Buhari, I also say "no" to Atiku.
Over and out! wink

7 Likes

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by Captainmudi(m): 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
That old man is over desperate

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by KhaleesiAdaz(f): 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2018
I somehow like this man
There's this vibe around him, it's either desperation or confidence. I believe it's the latter
Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by adekhingz(m): 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2018
grin

3 Likes

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by michoim(m): 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
Atiku is a liar indeed! Trust him at your peril.

1 Like

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by oshdam2015: 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
Baba, you appears desperate.
Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by Rockyrascal(m): 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
You are desperate sir thus your frequent Levant from one party to the other.

1 Like

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
rusher14:
Jennifer Elizabeth Douglas, who has also gone by the names Jennifer Iwenjiora, Jamila Abubakar, and Jennifer Douglas-Abubakar, is the fourth wife of Atiku Abubakar. According to the Atiku Biography,Ms. Douglas was born in Nigeria as Jennifer Iwenjiora, worked as a television journalist at the Nigerian Television Authority, and dated Mr. Abubakar in the early 1980s, before leaving for the United States.

She lost touch with Mr. Abubakar while attending Howard University. She subsequently married in the United States, took the married name of Jennifer Douglas, and later divorced, becoming a naturalized U.S. citizen during this time period. Ms. Douglas eventually renewed her relationship with Mr. Abubakar who came to visit her in the United States. According to the Atiku Biography, from late 1995 to early 1998, while Sani Abacha was in power in Nigeria, Mr. Abubakar “spent most of his time in Maryland” with Ms. Douglas, making occasional visits to Nigeria.

Skipped a lot of paragraphs to the important bit on Page 190.

In December 2008, the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filed criminal and civil pleadings alleging that Siemens AG, a major German company traded on the New York Stock Exchange, violated the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) by making bribery payments to obtain business in multiple countries, including Nigeria.

Siemens pleaded guilty to violating the books and record keeping provisions of the FCPA, and agreed to pay combined criminal and civil fines totaling more than $1.6 billion.

One of the allegations in the SEC civil complaint against Siemens was that “approximately $2.8 million of the bribe payments was routed through a bank account in Potomac, Maryland, in the name of the wife of a former Nigerian Vice President.”

The Subcommittee has obtained wire transfer documentation substantiating this allegation, as explained below. Through her legal
counsel, however, Ms. Douglas denies any wrongdoing

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/FOREIGNCORRUPTIONREPORTFINAL710.pdf

Are you not tired of regurgitating this same nonsense everytime?

Buhari who is the biggest FOOL ever is doing worst right under your nose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by Octaves(m): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
he can see that nigerians don't want him. so he should step down if he's not desperate. and stop scattering our votes

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by NotBeenPaid: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
Lol! See who's talking.
Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by KAYTEK111: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
1,000acres of fertile land is available for sale, along Ibadan- Iseyin road, at affordable price... Any interested person should please contact me on Whatsapp: 08162224654....
Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by Assassin101: 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
we outrightly reject any oza leader from za North

1 Like

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by justtoodark: 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
when you study this guy,its clear to the blind that he is desperate....

1 Like

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by Jasomine: 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
This is good for your health
Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by semyman: 4:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
Come and spend the loot, and I am sure you know it that you will not win

1 Like

Re: 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President- Atiku by Fesomu(m): 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
Explain why you are moving from one place to another when you are not a marketer

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Owo Massacre : Akeredolu Backs Matawalle On Self-defence / APC Speaks On Allegation Of Influencing Police Postings To Rig 2019 Elections / Western Region Ministerial List In 60s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.