Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,449 members, 7,801,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question (29426 Views)

Collins Oscar Shares His Wedding Photos, Responds To Critics / Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 26, 2018
Leitner:

Stop trying to be clever by half.
it's common knowledge that cases of physical attack by a perpetrator is treated differently depending on the gender.

was watching a documentary recently (US). A guy reported a case of physical attack by his wife. The police got there and told him he's alright and "you better get out of there fast coz once there's as little as a scratch on that woman ( probably even in the case of struggling), we are arresting you". Imagine!!

There are also many other cases like this i.e downplaying attacks by women and aggressive clamp down in Men when they are the perpetrators.

cases of custody, child support, abortion,pay gap etc are another thing.

It's you who is trying to be clever by half. You watched a documentary? Oh, wow! And it confirmed your bias! Congratulations!
I live in Europe and I only hear this sh.it on NL. Oh, the irony.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 26, 2018
DexterousOne:

I wonder.

People just do stuff without checking the origins

Do people actually know the origins of changing surnames, or the culture it originated from

Though I did not like how Adiche handled the issue of wife and all (comparing her husband's page with her own)
I still think that a lot of men running their mouth do so out of insecurity.

Joke Silva and Olu Jacobs have been married for donkey years, has their marriage collapsed?

what of Wendy Williams?

or Boris Kodjoe and Nicole Ari Parker?

People hyperventilating over frivolous things

But you don't have to like the way two adults converse, I mean - she clearly asked questions important to her, how's that anybody's problem?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Himmler: 8:58am On Apr 26, 2018
Leitner:

Just stop abeg, you're not making any sense .

Do people call Hillary, wife Clinton coz wife's on her twitter bio?. Your analogy is flawed.

And back to the main point. Hillary has decided to put wife on her Bio because ::

1) Hillary's ACTUALLY a wife- married to Bill . So case 1: it's not like she's lying about who she's not. She has not called her self Superman

2) A wife has a duty in a family setting, just like a husband, child, Aunt etc also have.
Hillary has felt she has perform her duty really well ( whether it's washing plate, telling your husband to cook,giving your husband good advice or whatever) and she feels she should flaunt her accomplishments ALONG WITH OTHER ACCOMPLISHMENTS which she has in other areas of her life. Case 2 :: Hillary's DECIDED to flaunt her ACCOMPLISHMENTS.

Now what Adichie is trying to do and also one of the things which most FEMINISTS have been trying to do is UNDERMINE THE INSTITUTION CALLED MARRIAGE. She's trying to say Hillary can flaunt her achievements in other fields but can't flaunt her achievement in marriage, all coz she's a WOMAN. To me, Adichie is a misogynist trying to force an individual to decide what she deems fit to flaunt or not . If she feels she's had a hand in making who Bill Clinton was, then she should be allowed to flaunt it!! Adichie lacks critical reasoning.
You nailed it!! Absolutely spot on
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:32pm On Apr 26, 2018
nkemdi89:

Oh you are in your house, please go get a job and be productive , lazy youth.
who tell u say I lazy?

see u see my CV below...

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Arsenalholic(m): 5:51pm On Apr 28, 2018
Mariinee:
Lol. I'm a hundred percent sure she only came up with this trash because of the backlash. If this was truly the reason why she asked Hillary that question, she would have phrased it in a better way.

That aside, why try to create dispute in someone's marriage? Well, I just can't wrap my head around feminism.
Apart from your (obvious) intelligence and physical attributes, wink do you know another reason I admire you?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2018
Arsenalholic:
Apart from your (obvious) intelligence and physical attributes, wink do you know another reason I admire you?
Aww. I don't know, tell me. kiss
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Ndipe(m): 2:37am On May 10, 2018
Why get upset over someone's else's decision or should you, Adichie, be making decisions for people all in the name of being a feminist?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Arsenalholic(m): 1:03pm On May 24, 2018
Mariinee:
Aww. I don't know, tell me. kiss
oh, your IDGAF attitude and saying it as it is no matter whose table you're shaking, is endearing.

There's a lot more I admire. I will unfurl them one after the other. #NoRush grin

Can I get my kiss in peace now, please? tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 24, 2018
Arsenalholic:
oh, your IDGAF attitude and saying it as it is no matter whose table you're shaking, is endearing.

There's a lot more I admire. I will unfurl them one after the other. #NoRush grin

Can I get my kiss in peace now, please? tongue
Hehehe. Thanks.
Oya chop kiss....bring your mouth closer. tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Arsenalholic(m): 3:11pm On May 24, 2018
Mariinee:
Hehehe. Thanks.
Oya chop kiss....bring your mouth closer. tongue
Lol. My lips have always been "closer".

How are you doing?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 24, 2018
Arsenalholic:
Lol. My lips have always been "closer".

How are you doing?
Then, we should kiss often. grin
I'm good oh. How about you?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Arsenalholic(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2018
Mariinee:
Then, we should kiss often. grin
I'm good oh. How about you?
grin at emboldened -- I'm all for it! wink

I am doing okay.

Are you on hols?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 24, 2018
Arsenalholic:
grin at emboldened -- I'm all for it! wink

I am doing okay.

Are you on hols?
Nope. I'm in school. kiss
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Arsenalholic(m): 8:43pm On May 24, 2018
Mariinee:
Nope. I'm in school. kiss
okay. Trust studies are coming along fine?

You write, don't you?

I don't know if you'd have the time to help me review something. Can I send an email via the addy on your signature? I'd love to make a request...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 24, 2018
Arsenalholic:
okay. Trust studies are coming along fine?

You write, don't you?

I don't know if you'd have the time to help me review something. Can I send an email via the addy on your signature? I'd love to make a request...
Fine and good, thanks.
Sure dear, shoot me a mail.wink
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question by Arsenalholic(m): 10:08am On May 25, 2018
Mariinee:
Fine and good, thanks.
Sure dear, shoot me a mail.wink
Done. kiss

I've shot my shot grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' / Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It / The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.