Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,940 members, 7,803,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster (2709 Views)

Webmasters, What Can I Do To Make My Blog Load Faster? It Takes Forever To Open. / How To Make Your Wordpress Site Load Faster With W3 Total Cache + Cloudflare / How To Change Your Blogger Blog Sub Domain To Custom Domain On Freenom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by wisdomsnr(m): 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
Every one appreciate a blogger that Loads fast and ease the stress of stirring at your gadget for minute yet not even a kilo-byte is achieved..... This 5 ways wil help you one the right steps to take as a blogger owner

Way 1: Limit the number of posts on the front home page of your blog
The more posts you show on your front page the longer your blog will take to load. I recommend showing no more than 10 posts on the front pages. However, if your posts are long and/or they have a lot of images, then it would be wise to show even fewer posts. To change the number of posts your home page shows, go to “Layout” > “Blog Posts” > “Edit.”
Under “Main Page Options,” switch the number of posts shown on the main page to a number less than 10. Then click the “Save” button. View your blog and it will now only show the number of posts you have set it to show.

Way 2: Display Expandable Post Summaries on the Home Page
If you would prefer to show a lot of posts on your main page, using expandable post summaries is a great alternative to tip

#1. Expandable post summaries is a feature that shows a short paragraph for each post and then allows your users to click on a “read more” link to view the full content of each post. Using expandable post summaries on your home page dramatically decreases load time because only a small snippet of each post on the homepage has to load.

Way 3: Resize images before uploading them to your blog.
Uploading images in their original size is a surefire way to slow your site down. The larger the images you upload, the longer your site will take to load those images. The goal is to size your images no wider than your post area width, so it’s important to know that width. If you are using a Linda ikeji Blogs design, they state the post area width on each of our designs so you’ll know the exact width to use when resizing your images. Most post area widths are between 600-800px wide.
Photoshop is the best tool for resizing images, but if you don’t have Photoshop, Pixlris a free service you can use to do this. Here’s how to easily resize a photo using Pixlr:

1) Hop over to Pixlr, scroll down and click “Launch Web App” under the Pixlr Editor option.

2) Click “Open Image from Computer” and find the image you want to use from your computer.

3) Your image will appear and will be ready for editing. At the bottom of the image you’ll see the current image size. My sample image is currently 4000px wide, which is WAY too large to be uploaded to a blog. So I’m going to change it to the width of my post area, which is 800px wide. In the top navigation bar, click “Image” and then “Image size…”

4) Change the image width to the width of your post area. The height of the image will automatically adjust to keep the proper proportions. Click “OK.”

5) Now you just need to save the resized image, so go to “File” and then “Save.” Rename the file (if needed) and then click “OK.” Find the folder on your computer where you’d like to save the image and click “Save.” You’re now ready to upload your resized image to your blog.

Way 4: Get Rid of Clutter
Keep the number of gadgets you use on your site to a bare minimum.Ask yourself, “do I really NEED this gadget?” If not, get rid of it. Keep the essentials. Lose the non-essentials. You don’t want your users getting distracted from your amazing content by an overly cluttered sidebar. Less is more when it comes to sidebar gadgets. Keeping your sidebar gadgets to a minimum will allow your content to shine and will help keep your site load time lightening fast!

Way 5: Minimize the number of HTML/JavaScript gadgets
This happen to be the most popular problem
Adding your own HTML/JavaScript gadgets can be a great way to customize your blog, but adding too many can slow your site down, so use them sparingly. Your blog loads from the top down, so if you do decide to use them, it is best to position them at the bottom of the sidebar or blog so that your users can still read your content while the javascripts are loading.
If you are using them within the main code of the site, it’s best to position them at the end of the body tag (right before </body>wink.

Remember to use javascripts sparingly and, when used, to position them at the bottom.
Try this simple but technical ways and give me the feedback

source: https://www.legendbaze.com.ng/showthread.php?tid=28

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by Authoreety: 7:12am On Apr 25, 2018
Nairalanders rarely open this kind of thread....

2 Likes

Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by DIYhackers: 7:12am On Apr 25, 2018
Good ideas

Bloggers check my signature
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by marsh4332(m): 7:13am On Apr 25, 2018
Please Give us Five ways to Vote out Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by Nairalandguru(m): 7:13am On Apr 25, 2018
ok, noted.
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 25, 2018
Your URL look like an entertainment domain name.
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by iamleumas: 7:35am On Apr 25, 2018
Come and get these Well designed and SEO Friendly Blogger Template for Just N1,000. This offer is for 5 persons. Offer ends May 1.
NOTE: I can also help you design a blog as low as #2,999.
If you're interested, kindly call/whatsapp 07064272729

Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by ijebuloaded(m): 7:39am On Apr 25, 2018
Your no 1 z off-point wisdomsnr , having too much post on homepage is good.. but having too much images on homepages makes website slower....

Why is Nairalander having more than 30post on homepage... and yet it still faster than 98% website online..

Check the likes of ijebuloaded.com and co...

1 Like

Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by ijebuloaded(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2018
I would advice optimizing font weight and simply layout... it improves SEO and makes website faster
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by wickyyolo: 7:45am On Apr 25, 2018
I dont use CMS or third party SEO companies. I build everything from scratch. All my blogs are ranked high and load faster.

It's best to read books on HTML , CSS JavaScript, SEO Photoshop and build from scratch.
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by Nlearn: 7:45am On Apr 25, 2018

Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by zangiff(m): 8:11am On Apr 25, 2018
Good......
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 8:11am On Apr 25, 2018
nice post
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by wisdomsnr(m): 8:23am On Apr 25, 2018
ijebuloaded:
Your no 1 z off-point wisdomsnr , having too much post on homepage is good.. but having too much images on homepages makes website slower....

Why is Nairalander having more than 30post on homepage... and yet it still faster than 98% website online..

Check the likes of ijebuloaded.com and co...
I was referring to blogger not wp or pbnl

1 Like

Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by SpecNg: 9:00am On Apr 25, 2018
Good article but basically for platform
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by akinkol4real: 9:01am On Apr 25, 2018
plr i need your review and How can I enable Expandable post summaries on my blog
www.petalsng..com
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by wisdomsnr(m): 9:40am On Apr 25, 2018
akinkol4real:
plr i need your review and How can I enable Expandable post summaries on my blog
www.petalsng..com
noting is showing on your blog sir
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by newslifeop: 10:01am On Apr 25, 2018
hmmm
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by Mustay(m): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2018
Why do we like to elevate things beyond normal?

A blog, blogger and website are three different things. Once you know the meaning of a blog, you'll know how silly it is to have a 'blogger website' or 'make your blogger load faster'.
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by wisdomsnr(m): 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2018
Mustay:
Why do we like to elevate things beyond normal?

A blog, blogger and website are three different things. Once you know the meaning of a blog, you'll know how silly it is to have a 'blogger website' or 'make your blogger load faster'.
lol you are just confusing your self.
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by akinkol4real: 2:18pm On Apr 25, 2018
wisdomsnr:
noting is showing on your blog sir

It's showing sir. may be it's network.
You can retry pls
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by wisdomsnr(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2018
akinkol4real:

It's showing sir. may be it's network.
You can retry pls
ok I'll do that, you can goto legendbaze.com.ng register(it won't take your time) and ask for your wish just incase I'm not fast
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by Mustay(m): 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
wisdomsnr:
lol you are just confusing your self.
Lol go check out the meaning of the three terms to avoid confusion
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by tuhamworld: 2:08am On Apr 26, 2018
Nice tips bro

I wonder why some website have up to 25 posts on their homepage when they can use Pagination to break it into three Pages
Re: This 5 Ways Will Make Your Blogger Load Faster by wisdomsnr(m): 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
tuhamworld:
Nice tips bro

I wonder why some website have up to 25 posts on their homepage when they can use Pagination to break it into three Pages
same here sir

(1) (Reply)

Join Our Telegram Group If You Want More Knowledge On Web/app Development / Unlimited Free Airtel DATA Cheat For June 2018 / Paypal Response To My Payment Receiving Complaint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.