Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Are Nurse Practitioners (NP) Recognized In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Nurse Practitioners (NP) Recognized In Nigeria? (2678 Views)

Ghanaian Nurse Who Twerked In Her Uniform Declared Wanted By Nurses Association / Engineering Graduates & Practitioners- Share Your Experience During Your IT / Court Strikes Off Ugwuonye Emeka’s Name From Legal Practitioners' Roll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Nurse Practitioners (NP) Recognized In Nigeria? by Mofpearl: 3:50am On Apr 25, 2018
Hello,

I'd like to direct a question to the nurses and healthcare professionals in the house, I would like to ask if nurse practitioners are recognized in Nigeria. Do they practice? If they do where can I read about the ethics and scope of practice guiding their profession?

Just to give a bit of a background, "a nurse practitioner is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse who has additional responsibilities for administering patient care than RNs.NPs can prescribe medication, examine patients, diagnose illnesses, and provide treatment, much like physicians do" (nurse.org).

https://nurse.org/resources/nurse-practitioner/
Re: Are Nurse Practitioners (NP) Recognized In Nigeria? by Mofpearl: 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
1forall and CrazyMan
is it possible to move this to the health section since I have not gotten a response?

1 Like

Re: Are Nurse Practitioners (NP) Recognized In Nigeria? by Tvickie(f): 10:03am On Feb 05, 2019
No they are not recognized in Nigeria. Masters in nursing isn’t even recognized in the clinical area. We have a long way to go
Mofpearl:
Hello,

I'd like to direct a question to the nurses and healthcare professionals in the house, I would like to ask if nurse practitioners are recognized in Nigeria. Do they practice? If they do where can I read about the ethics and scope of practice guiding their profession?

Just to give a bit of a background, "a nurse practitioner is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse who has additional responsibilities for administering patient care than RNs.NPs can prescribe medication, examine patients, diagnose illnesses, and provide treatment, much like physicians do" (nurse.org).

https://nurse.org/resources/nurse-practitioner/

(1) (Reply)

Sales Development Representative (intern) / Nigerian Airforce Section / International Well Control Forum(iwcf) Free Online Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.