Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing (32022 Views)

Glo Introduces New Mega Data Plans / Glo Introduces New Data Plan. 2GB For N500, 4GB For N1000, 180GB For N20,000 / Glo Introduces New Improved Data Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Andotee: 1:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
In line with its status as the game changer in telecommunications services provision in Nigeria, Globacom limited has again taken another step towards the transformation of the ICT landscape in Nigeria with the construction of a multi-billion naira optic fibre submarine cable.

[B]Glo 2,[/b] the road map for the project was unveiled at a contract-signing ceremony between the national operator, Globacom, and global telecom solutions vendors, Huawei at Eko Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos, on Tuesday.

According to Globacom’s Regional Director, Technical, Mr Sanjib Roy

“The new submarine cable will be approximately 850 kilometres long and will be integrated to Globacom’s existing terrestrial Backbone Network to provide additional service redundancy”, especially in Abuja and other parts of the country. Glo 2 will have the capacity of 12 Terabytes per second and will provide ultra-high speed connection to oil platforms and communities to empower data coverage and support Enterprise market growth in this part of Nigeria.”

Also speaking, the Managing Director of Huawei Nigeria, Mr Li Beifang, said that:

“Huawei is proud to partner with Globacom to build a revolutionary submarine cable using innovative and leading technology. We believe the cable would bring a new era of digitalization to Nigerian economy”.

Glo2 complements the Glo 1 international submarine cable built by Globacom in 2010. It is the only international submarine cable in Nigeria managed end to end, from Lagos to London, by one Company and currently provides sufficient bandwidth for the West Africa sub-region.

Source:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/broadband-penetration-glo-huawei-sign-contract-for-laying-glo-2-submarine-cable.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzO4Nwo9JjY?t=12

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by hadjipapiey(m): 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
Good one from Glo. .

Lalasticlala ;

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Horus(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzO4Nwo9JjY

Glo, Huawei partner to boost connectivity in Nigeria

Nigerian telecoms firm Globacom, has partnered with Huawei to construct a submarine cable terminating in Southern Nigeria. CNBC Africa’s Christy Cole spoke to the Regional Director, Technical, at Globacom and discussed how this will impact data connectivity in Nigeria
Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by calddon(m): 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
Better for their life...their network atimes is Slow2Xtreme!

7 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Andotee: 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by BalleyB: 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2018
So when will this start? I need the fast data

2 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Andotee: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2018
calddon:
Better for their life...their network is Slow2Xtreme!

Not true bcus Globacom is the fastest network here in Abuja

14 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Folasho99: 4:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
Wow. Glo is finally improving at last. Good job

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Catheriny: 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2018
I should get a glo Sim if this is true

4 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by toyosilawal12: 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2018
This is a game changer. This could mean fast internet for all and from any location.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Ewlery: 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2018
Nyc one Mtn is making me angry over my data
Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Andotee: 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
Ewlery:
Nyc one Mtn is making me angry over my data

Mtn zaps data faster than a lion running after a bush meat

44 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Ewlery: 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
Andotee:

Mtn zaps data faster than a lion running after a bush meat
lol gospel truth. I am tired of spending 1k every 4 days

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by mariamm234: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
Finally, Glo is setting a good example for other networks. They are already improving their network.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Andotee: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
Ewlery:
lol gospel truth. I am tired of spending 1k every 4 days
every four days? That is tremendous

9 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Ewlery: 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
Andotee:
every four days? That is tremendous
I am just sick of the useless network even Airtel doesn't work here

2 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Andotee: 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
Ewlery:

I am just sick of the useless network even Airtel doesn't work here
give glo a trial. Their data bundle is the best. Especially for heavy users

6 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by trendsgirl: 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2018
i'm glad Glo has been listening to us and are actually make a change unlike some other networks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Ewlery: 5:15pm On Apr 25, 2018
Andotee:
give glo a trial. Their data bundle is the best. Especially for heavy users
tnx

2 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Fynestboi: 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2018
Make sense.
Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2018
I no want undecided

4 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Oyebee91(m): 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2018
Wow. ..so early for this development. ..awon scam oshi
Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by MorataFC: 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by GeneralOjukwu: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
Nigerians, support indigenous companies to grow.

If not for Glo, MTN lied in 2004 that per second billing was impossible till 2007

The same way DSTV, Shoprite have market dominance and exploit Nigerians with the connivance of our leaders is what telecoms would have still been.

YES, i use a GLOBACOM line kiss though they have network issues in a lot of places, very good in the North kiss

20 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Dottore: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
Hia
Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Abfinest007(m): 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
testing d water
Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by Demonicide(f): 6:26pm On Apr 25, 2018
Thank God huawei is involved, the story would have been the same

2 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by shammah1(m): 6:26pm On Apr 25, 2018
Dead on arrival. Glo has the worst ever 1st generation internet service

4 Likes

Re: Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing by ogolomachi(f): 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2018
nice move by globacom company.... where my glo SIM dey?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander Unboxes His Brand New BB OS 7.1 Device / Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Is Coming Soon, See Rumored Specs And Images / 5 Must Have Accessories For Smartphone Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.