Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Does Music Affect Your Emotions? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Does Music Affect Your Emotions? (3865 Views)

Blackface Features Faze On New Song, Emotions / Will Fuel Subsidy Affect Entertainment Business? / Does Music Affect Your Mood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 4:31am On May 18, 2010
Since we are all human beings we all experience joy, anger, sadness and other feelings like those. We all have a ton of emotions that control how we act and what we say. Our emotions are triggered by many things. One of those things is Music smileyMusic has the ability to change the emotional and physical status all of us, whether we are in bad moods, good moods, or sad moods.
What kind of music do you listen to when your sad? What kind of music do you listen to when you're happy?
Does music really affect your emotions or does it change your mood?

cheers smiley
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by ZakuraFlow(f): 4:41am On May 18, 2010
It depends, when listen to music most people go for songs that sound like its talking about their life. Music can change and control emotions, Classical was prove to help enhance the brain when working and it calms the person when under stress. Not only that some songs, like sad love songs, tend to hit a person heart and cause them to see themselves in that postion. Now music happens to play a big role in my life, when i need to think or i have writers block i pull out my Ipod and listen to different kinds of music which help me come up with new chapters or ideas for what ever i was stuck on. Yet this is my point of view but i do believe that music can infact change the way you act.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 4:46am On May 18, 2010
^ I see your point. I believe everyone  has had music affect them in some way.
Music gives me a lot of inspiration and it totally affects my mood and emotions as well. But i believe not everyone likes music though. or has his or her emotions affected by it.
I stand to be corrected. smiley
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by ZakuraFlow(f): 4:49am On May 18, 2010
Most likely yes due to use almost being the same, human have only one thing in common which can never be changed. Emotions are something we have and no matter what deep down the music and effect them just like our emotions, some people might disagree but hey that's them.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 4:57am On May 18, 2010
I believe without music you would not get that feeling of happiness or that feeling
of sadness. you will just be blank smiley music brings these emotions out somehow smiley.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Jaideyone(m): 5:52am On May 18, 2010
Yes you're right. i enjoy listening to evanescence. amy lee's songs always change my mood. That's why i would always choose her over all other female rockstars.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 6:16am On May 18, 2010
U're very rice. Just lik when i listen 2 justice timberlake(too late 2 apologize) it changes my mood n i feel lik goin out there 2 break some heart.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 7:16am On May 18, 2010
hmmmmmmm smiley
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by madlady(f): 7:23am On May 18, 2010
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jijujMGJqT0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"           

@Poster, music moves me almost as much as words.

Music does not change my mood, I play certain types of music according to my mood.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 7:37am On May 18, 2010
^^ nice smiley
Think of the last time a song really moved you, or meant something to you. Listening to and playing music stimulates many different sections of the brain, affecting us physically as well. Why are we as humans so connected to music?
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by asas(f): 8:05am On May 18, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Koz393gAwjQ

any song by  boyz II men ,jagged edge or joe fine for me
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 8:20am On May 18, 2010
^^so wht does tht kinda song do to you. smiley
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by CuteAngel(f): 8:42am On May 18, 2010
Sometimes am sad and let down, hurt and humilated i listen to some kind of music mostly inspirational gets me back to life, sometimes i just feel like a loud pop/rock makes me happy, sometimes listen to some, here the lyrics i feel God is tryina tell me something. It all depends the mood i am. I like good music, makes me happy.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by madlady(f): 9:03am On May 18, 2010
luizworld:

Think of the last time a song really moved you, or meant something to you. Listening to and playing music stimulates many different sections of the brain, affecting us physically as well. Why are we as humans so connected to music?

I have not idea, but music really does affect me greatly.

When I am painting or doing some other craft I never play music shocked, I am unable to concentrate if I do.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 9:08am On May 18, 2010
^^really shocked well different things work for us all. Someothers can't paint without listening to inspiring music.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by madlady(f): 9:16am On May 18, 2010
^^Yes, If I am happy the music I play would over-stimulate me.

If I am down (which is rare for me) the music I play would be detrimental to my work.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by segzicres(m): 9:40am On May 18, 2010
yeah it does, infact i can use it to change my mood especially rock.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by SeanLewis(m): 11:00am On May 18, 2010
Music is good to the soul,  I do listen to mario - miss my friend or if i want to go jagga: i will play three 6 mafia or yung jezzy cool
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Donshegxy10(m): 11:12am On May 18, 2010
Yeah guyz, for me, musik is life, it gives hope, it gives inspiration 4 a beta 2morrow,talk of rock i love nickle back, sad songs make me cry anytime i listen 2 dem, it brings bak memories, i 2 luv sad songs.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Amya(f): 11:55am On May 18, 2010
Dumbest question i ever had. Like asking if alcohol makes one high!
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 18, 2010
Amya:

. . . undecided
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by tosinaded(m): 6:21pm On May 18, 2010
Amya:

weed makes u high s.tupid!
u get tipsy or drunk on alcohol slowpoke!!!

only yabbing u cos u went at the poster tongue
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by eldee(m): 8:23pm On May 18, 2010
tosinaded@:

Hehehe . . . I think in her own case, it's water that gets her tipsy, and Coke gets her drunk.
She drank too much water this afternoon grin grin
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 18, 2010
eldee:

Hehehe . . . I think in her own case, it's water that gets her tipsy, and Coke gets her drunk.
. . . grin grin
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by tosinaded(m): 8:34pm On May 18, 2010
eldee:

eldee is always there wen i find trouble grin
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Amya(f): 9:22pm On May 18, 2010
tosinaded@:

and if i may ask you Mr-know-it-all, what's the meaning of 'high' booze gets you high when you are drunk! So do weed, heroin, coke and other drugs you so obviously do!
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by eldee(m): 9:31pm On May 18, 2010
tosinaded@:

eldee is always there wen i find trouble grin

Emi ke . . . I don disappear.
I'm going to go get high on some beer. grin grin
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Amya(f): 9:41pm On May 18, 2010
eldee:

agreed! How did you know?

But you, you only take a whiff of water and you are throwing up everywhere, stinking of real booze, crawling home and stuff,
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by tosinaded(m): 9:44pm On May 18, 2010
u still dey yarn se grin
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 18, 2010
una wan turn my thread to chatterbox lounge abi grin
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 12:36am On May 19, 2010
Music is my fuel and I put particular songs on rotate until I'm calm
Re: Does Music Affect Your Emotions? by Nobody: 1:07am On May 19, 2010
I think music opens up the soul too smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Upload Damoche Ft. Skally .mp3 / DOWNLOAD MP3: Mayorbeatz - Hustle / DOWNLOAD MP3: Lyta - Worry (prod By Killertunes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.