Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (996048 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (619) (Go Down)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2018

Welcome to Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program Thread- Part 4

Kindly go through the previous parts (PART 1, PART 2 and PART 3) of this thread to know more about the Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program.

A big THANK YOU to the elders of this thread: @Zandora, @Dupyshoo, @Vcole, @JesusDway, @Blackbuddy, @40manlappy et al.

Thanks to all members of this thread especially the “selfless contributors”. May the Lord grant all our heart desires. Amen!

@Zandora, thank you for starting the first part of this thread.

@40manlappy (my E-brother smiley), thanks for starting the second and third part of this life changing thread.

@Justwise, you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work bro!

And to the brain behind this great forum, @Seun, thank you for starting this great forum-Nairaland.

To the Newbies, kindly learn to read, read and read. Don’t rely on the answers and information given here alone. The authentic source of information about the whole process is CIC’s website.

May all our dreams come true! Amen!!!

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-How to Immigrate to Canada

Express Entry manages applications for three key Canadian economic immigration programs:

Federal Skilled Worker Program
Federal Skilled Trades Program
Canadian Experience Class

Provinces and territories can also recruit candidates from the Express Entry pool through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to meet local labour market needs.

If you’re eligible to immigrate under one of these federal immigration programs:

• You will be placed in a pool with others who are also eligible.

• You will be ranked with others using several factors such as your skills, experience, education and other factors.

• You will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) to a specific program if you are a top candidate. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducts Express Entry draws at regular intervals (usually every two weeks). In these Express Entry draws, candidates above a certain rank are invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence.

• You can apply online for permanent residence when you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Invited candidates are given 90 days to submit an online application for permanent residence including all supporting documentation.

STEPS TO CREATE AN EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE

1. Use the Come to Canada online tool to know if you're eligible for Express Entry. The tool will generate a reference number at the end. If you get a positive result from Come to Canada tool, it will send you to your online account to fill out an Express Entry profile.

You need to score at least 67 points out of 100 to be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. You can manually calculate your points using the six selection factors as outlined on CIC’s website.

The following are important requirements for entering the pool:

*Language:

You must:

• meet the minimum language requirements for your eligible category. All the skilled immigration programs that are part of the Express Entry system require applicants to prove their knowledge in at least one of Canada’s two official languages.

• provide your language test results from a designated agency.

*ECA:

Complete an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) through one of the designated agencies. Applicants who were educated outside of Canada should have their certificates assessed in order to ensure that their foreign education is equivalent to a similar Canadian education. The assessment is NOT mandatory if:

• The applicant is applying under the Federal Skilled Trade Program.
• The applicant is applying under the Canadian Experience Class.

*Skilled Work Experience

You need to have at least one year continuous, full-time (at least 30 hours of paid work per week) or equivalent part-time work experience in an occupation that is categorized under NOC A, B or 0 in the past 10 years. Check the National Occupational Classification (NOC) to learn the skill type of your work experience.

2. You can then create your profile if you are eligible. Getting into the pool doesn't mean that you will be invited to apply for permanent residence. You'll be invited only if you're among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience. You will be ranked in the Express Entry pool using a points-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System. The CRS gives you a score from the information in your profile, including your skills, education, language ability, work experience and other factors. You can calculate your CRS score here to know your projected CRS score.

---You can stay in the pool for up to 12 months as long as you meet the criteria for one of the federal programs. You should update your profile anytime as your case changes. If you are not invited to apply for permanent residence within 12 months of submitting an Express Entry profile, you can submit a new profile. If you still meet the criteria, you will re-enter the pool.

OTHER THINGS TO NOTE

* If you get an invitation to apply, you can apply for permanent residence. When you apply for permanent residence, you will also need to meet eligibility and admissibility requirements under Canada's immigration law. According to IRCC, all complete applications will be processed in six months or less.

*After you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA), there are other requirements that you must meet before you submit your Permanent Residency application. They include:

- Proof of Funds: You must show that you have enough money to settle in Canada. If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. To calculate the size of your family, you must include:

*Yourself

*Your spouse or partner

*Your dependent children and

*Your spouse’s dependent children

Funds must be readily available to you. For example, you cannot use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds.

- Medicals: You and all your dependents (whether accompanying or not) MUST undergo a medical test. The medical test must be conducted by a doctor on the list of CIC designated panel physicians.

- Police Clearance Certificates: Police certificates are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent six months or more in a row within the last 10 years since the age of 18. PCC is required for the Principal Applicant, spouse and dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying).

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR. For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.

-Reference Letter

-Passports/Travel Documents

Read the CIC checklist for more details.

*Read this post to know the estimated cost for the whole process. Kindly note that this is just an estimated cost. The final cost depends on a number of factors such as the number of times you write your IELTS test, the size of your family and some other factors.

I wish everyone the best!

Cc: Justwise, 40manlappy

50 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2018

IMPORTANT LINKS

Creating An Express Entry Profile

Acronyms Used in PR Process

Summary From Page 0 - Page 100 (Part 1)

Summary From Page 101 - Page 200 (Part 1)

Summary From Page 201 - Page 300 (Part 1)

Frequently Asked Questions from Page 1 - Page 100 (Part 2)

This is Mostly What Happens Doing Medicals at Children’s Practice, Ikoyi

Read This Post To Know What The Medical Process (Q-Life Family Clinic) Entails

What To Expect For Medicals in Abuja Clinics, Amazon Street, Maitama

What The Medical Process at IOM Abuja Entails

All About Medical Inadmissibility

PR Process as Observed From Trend

A Collection of Success Cases on Canadian Express Entry Thread

A Collection of Rejection Cases on Canadian Express Entry Thread

Choice of ECA---WES versus IQAS

The Following People's Timelines Helped in Answering Some Frequently Asked Questions

All About Proof of Funds

All About Gift Deeds

Financial Implications (Estimated)

A Sample of Bank Reference Letter (For Proof of Funds)

A Sample of Mutual Fund Reference Letter

A Sample of PFA Letter (For Proof of Funds)

Resources for IELTS

Additional Resources for IELTS

Tips To Pass the IELTS Exam

Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Form

This post is for Doctors, Lawyers, Pharmacists
and Nurses

A Sample of Work Reference Letter

What To Do When You Cannot Get A Work Reference Letter

A Sample of One and Same Person Affidavit

Notary Locator

Submitting Your Documents With VFS in Lagos or Abuja

Read THIS POST and THIS for Canadian PR Visa Interview Tips

Crossing the Border: Documents To Show at Port of Entry

Benefits of Pre-arrival Programs

Follow These Steps To Calculate Your Language Score

Breakdown of The Canada PR Options

Names of Some of the People Who Got Their PPR/COPR in Part 1

Names of People Who Got Their PPR/COPR in Part 2

How to Search the “Canadian Express Entry” Thread

CIC Online Help Centre (FAQs)

Glossary-CIC

Canadian Provincial Nominee Programs' Thread

25 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2018

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2018

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2018

I forgot to buy my COPR land on the first page of part 3. Make I buy the land here. grin wink

Moi Timeline smiley

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by henrinco(m): 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2018
Present!!!!
PPR must land in this part 4.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Vancouver4(f): 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2018
I am glad to be here. My ITA will be announced in this part...... Amen

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2018
Job well Done GlitteringStar... We shall all testify! Amen

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by bbaby84(f): 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2018
[quote author=GlitteringStar post=67031218][/quote]

Lol
Part 4! We made it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Dulles25: 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
Good job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
Expecting ITA in this thread

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArabianRose(f): 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
New thread, new testimonies, I will announce mine soon grin!! Congrats to ITA recipients, we are behind you! Well done GS� Outstanding as usual kiss

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 25, 2018
ArabianRose:
New thread, new testimonies, I will announce mine soon grin!! Congrats to ITA recipients, we are behind you! Well done GS� Outstanding as usual kiss

Yes o.. Same here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bimsebony: 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2018
My testimonies will be shared in this part 4 by his grace.

It will end in worship!!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Obi1conte: 9:33pm On Apr 25, 2018
So we have moved...hmmmm. Blessings follow ALL of us.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by 40manlappy: 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
Well done GlitteringStar wink

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Opsycal: 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2018
Part 4..My testimony is here! It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by conebeam: 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2018
My testimonies will be shared in this part In Jesus Name.

Congratulations to all ITA recipients

Thumbs up GlitteringStar and all other gurus. You are all blessed.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArcUgo(m): 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2018
Prepping for my ITA, AOR, IP1, MEP, IP2, PPR and COPR (no ADR grin) in this part. GOD go do am for us IJN. AMEN

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by FullyFaithFully: 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2018
Just observing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jholarharde(f): 9:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
great job GS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Dizzy007(m): 9:46pm On Apr 25, 2018
*Exits Silent reading mode*

Justwise, 40manlappy, GlitteringStar and everyone that started this threads, from part 1, 2, 3 and now 4, you all deserve some ACCOLADES!!! You are all just wonderful people.

I pray everyone here gets their wish in this part 4, ITAs, PPRs, IELTS, etc.

It shall most definitely end in praise for us all!!

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pepe1: 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2018
Glad to here.

Good job you are doing @GlitteringStar.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2018
My PPR plot

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pepe1: 9:48pm On Apr 25, 2018
My PPR in this part 4...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tobey2ng(m): 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
I'm going to announce my PPR on this thread before it gets to the middle. I promise to help my fellow nairalanders to the best of my knowledge, so help me God. Well done for keeping this forum together @ justwise @40manlappy @ Glitteringstar

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:56pm On Apr 25, 2018
Reserved for my testimonies grin
Well done GS, you're amazing

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Divinegifts: 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
Plot of land for ITA and PPR now that BBB is here.

Document gathering in progress.

ITA soon, PPR in less than a month. No ADR grin

So help us God. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by hykin: 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
Glad to be here in Part 4.
PPR Plot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
Part 4!!! It's good to be here. I don buy ITA, COPR, PPR and Landing plots on page 0

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by adeniyi3971(m): 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
Wow!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
So Soon!
Part 4 already, i pray to receive my ITA on Part 4, IELTS exam loading! May 12th ...
Congrats to all ITA recipients today! we shall all smile IJN

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.