Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss (4098 Views)

Dangote Cement Obajana Hit By Fire Disaster / Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO / Dangote Crashes Cement Online Sales Price, Signs On Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by akelicious(m): 4:42am On Apr 26, 2018
Despite price gains that outweighed losses, transactions on the equity sector of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) closed on a downward note yesterday, as most highly capitalised stocks, especially Total and Dangote Cement depreciated in price, causing market capitalisation to dip by N16 billion.

Specifically, at the close of trading, 23 stocks depreciated in price, whileTotal emerged the day’s highest price loser, shedding N11.20 to close at N222.60 per share.Dangote Cement followed with N3 to close at N245 per share, as FBN Holdings lost N1.20 to close at N12.20 per share, while WAPCO depreciated by 85 kobo to close at N42.40 per share and Oando declined by 45 kobo to close at N8.70 per share.

On the other hand, Nestle topped the gainers’ chart with N74.60 kobo to close at N1568.20 per share, followed by Seplat with N27.90 to close at N765 per share.Forte Oil gained N4.40 to close at N47.70 per share; Presco added N3.30 to close at N69.30 per share; and GlaxoSmithKline garnered 70 kobo to close at N24 per share.

Consequently, the market capitalisation of listed equities dropped by N16 billion to N14,721 trillion from N14,737 billion achieved on Tuesday.Also, the All-Share Index dipped by 45.31 points or 0.1 per cent from 40,801.04 points to 40,755.73 points.

Analysts expressed optimism that the market would record sustained uptrend as more earnings’ surprises hit the market.Precisely, The Chief Research Officer of Investdata Consulting Limited, Ambrose Omodion, said: “We expect a sustained uptrend as more earnings’ surprises hit the market in the midst of profit taking and expected first quarter 2018 Gross Domestic Product that is likely to be supported by monetary stimulus and extraneous factors like upswing in oil price, among other global events now closely under watch.“Even so, value investors continue to position for the short and long-term on the strength of company fundamentals.

However, we would like to reiterate that investors should not panic, but go for equities with intrinsic value, especially during this season when dividend payment is ongoing and first quarter results are expected in the market arena.
“We advise investors to allow numbers guide their decisions, while repositioning in any stock, especially now that stock prices remain volatile amid improving company, economic and market fundamentals. It is time to combine fundamentals and technical tools to take decision by knowing the support and resistant level to reposition or exit any position,” he said.
On the activity chart, FBN Holdings dominated in volume terms with 80 million shares worth N1.2 billion, while United Bank for Africa followed with 60 million units worth N684 million.
Fidelity Bank accounted for 40 million units valued at N101 million, as Access Bank traded 32 million units valued at N366 million, while Flourmills exchanged 15 million units worth N538 million.
In all, investors exchanged 350 million shares valued at N4.6 billion in 5,020 deals, higher than a total of 246.58 million units valued at N3.22 billion, transacted in 4,918 deals on Tuesday.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/04/total-dangote-cement-lead-stock-markets.html

Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by inoki247: 7:21am On Apr 26, 2018
They loosing weight like our president...

3 Likes

Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by funnynation(m): 7:22am On Apr 26, 2018
Ok
Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by Drnice: 7:26am On Apr 26, 2018
If Facebook could lose $4b in 4 days, what do you expect then from that of Dangote? Do you know why I don't count Dangote as a wealthy Man? Ask me & I will tell you.

5 Likes

Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by stevio(m): 7:27am On Apr 26, 2018
Since Buhari has been the most mentioned name in Nigeria this past year, i think Oxford dictionary should consider creating a space for him in the dictionary. like; 
Buhari: /boo-ha-ree/ nouns: Buhari 1. hard, hardship, difficult, harsh, tough. e.g the economy is now Buhari for the masses 2. to complicate, make worse, unbearable. e.g "please don't come and Buharificate issues here". "the only way to reduce applicants is to Buharify the process. Adjective : e.g how was your exam? it was Buharific! grin

7 Likes

Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by Ojuororun(m): 7:27am On Apr 26, 2018
wowsmiley
Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by Ojuororun(m): 7:30am On Apr 26, 2018
Drnice:
If Facebook could lose $4b in 4 days, what do you expect then from that of Dangote? Do you know why I don't count Dangote as a wealthy Man? Ask me & I will tell you.
why...?
Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by bigt2(m): 7:31am On Apr 26, 2018
Drnice:
Why

Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 26, 2018
Drnice:
If Facebook could lose $4b in 4 days, what do you expect then from that of Dangote? Do you know why I don't count Dangote as a wealthy Man? Aske me & I will tell you.
why?
Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by lonelydora: 7:34am On Apr 26, 2018
Drnice:

He is a wayo man

1 Like

Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 26, 2018
lonelydora:

He is a wayo man
ibu uchu!

1 Like

Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by pol23: 7:38am On Apr 26, 2018
Wet in Buhari gonna use b4 2019 ehn...E go shock everybody.
Man like me use to assume government policies no fit affect me...my country people now it's like that Nigga Buhari get me for mind.

1 Like

Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by Drnice: 7:45am On Apr 26, 2018
holyidol:
why?
See the wealthy men, they invest heavily on human & social development especially in their countries, that's how you know a wealthy man. Not the one that keeps investing in every business just to retain the position of being rich. I'm not hating, but look at the likes of Gates, Mike Adenuga, Zuckerberg, Abramovich, Oprah, etc.

5 Likes

Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by Drnice: 7:48am On Apr 26, 2018
For those asking why, I've answered. Check the one above this post.
Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by Tego(m): 7:58am On Apr 26, 2018
*EOWODUNNI CONSULTANTS* .... Architectural Design,Consulting, Construction, and General services. Phone:08065236328 Email: owodunn.emmanuel@gmail.com
Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by LegitBoy(m): 8:13am On Apr 26, 2018
Drnice:
See the wealthy men, they invest heavily on human & social development especially in their countries, that's how you know a wealthy man. Not the one that keep investing in every business just to retain the position of being rich. I'm not hating, but look at the likes of Gates, Zuckerberg, Abramovich, Oprah, etc.
i thought you even wanted to come up with something intelligent or reasonable. ...arrant nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by Drnice: 8:37am On Apr 26, 2018
LegitBoy:
i thought you even wanted to come up with something intelligent or reasonable. ...arrant nonsense.
and this one you posted is the one that is intelligent or reasonable? Go for a medical check-up, bro.
Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by Horus(m): 8:44am On Apr 26, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJWv1Z93jw

Dangote Cement: Nigeria Unit Volumes Beat Pan-African Pt.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-r2CcBva5A

Dangote Cement: Nigeria Unit Volumes Beat Pan-African Pt.2
Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by kalu61(m): 8:46am On Apr 26, 2018
Drnice:
hahahah, why?
Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by kalu61(m): 8:48am On Apr 26, 2018
that's the market for your. is like forex, it goes up and down. You gain and lose ask your broker to buy or sell
Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by Drnice: 9:07am On Apr 26, 2018
kalu61:
hahahah, why?
It's true, check you will see where I answered to it.
Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 26, 2018
Drnice:
See the wealthy men, they invest heavily on human & social development especially in their countries, that's how you know a wealthy man. Not the one that keeps investing in every business just to retain the position of being rich. I'm not hating, but look at the likes of Gates, Zuckerberg, Abramovich, Oprah, etc.
I was going to react to the stupid statement but then I see your signature:Im Igbo in my mind I be like No wonder!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total, Dangote Cement Lead Stock Market’s N16b Loss by ronaldbecky(m): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2018
Drnice:
why

(1) (Reply)

Mulberry Extract Powder / Latest - International Ideas & Technologies for Business / How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.