Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria (43377 Views)

Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement / Anyim: Why We Wanted To Impeach Obasanjo — Former Senate President / Plot To Impeach Gov Ambode Thickens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by spartan117(m): 11:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
lecowas:

See according to what I learnt from what the op posted, the following are extremely crucial to scale through the impeachment process:
1)the NASS must have at least 2/3 of the members
2)they must rely on the report of the panel constituted by the CJN

As it stands:
Nass can't get that number
a)because the Hausa NASS members will not want osinbanjo(a Yoruba) to be president
b) the executive will threaten the stubborn ones among them with efcc because they all have skeleton in their cupboard
c)APC governors are 24 and they wield enormous power on their national assembly representatives(that's if they want to use it.

2)the CJN as it stands is an ally of the President and will therefore constitute a panel that favors him. Once that's done, the NASS are toothless bulldogs
Who told you that the chief justice is an ally of the President?
Have you forgotten this
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/lawyer-sues-fg-refusal-confirm-onnoghen-cjn/
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by surgical: 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2018
lecowas:

See according to what I learnt from what the op posted, the following are extremely crucial to scale through the impeachment process:
1)the NASS must have at least 2/3 of the members
2)they must rely on the report of the panel constituted by the CJN

As it stands:
Nass can't get that number
a)because the Hausa NASS members will not want osinbanjo(a Yoruba) to be president
b) the executive will threaten the stubborn ones among them with efcc because they all have skeleton in their cupboard
c)APC governors are 24 and they wield enormous power on their national assembly representatives(that's if they want to use it.

2)the CJN as it stands is an ally of the President and will therefore constitute a panel that favors him. Once that's done, the NASS are toothless bulldogs
The NASS made the cjn ,cjn by compelling Osinbajo to forward his name after buhsri condemned him to acting cjn, first in history, 2/3 is easy to secure because by so doing, they are saving their own ass as buhari is threatening all of them, self preservation is the first law
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by surgical: 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
oga..no one..I repeat..no one can impeach a Nigerian president..except God...... Una think say na your CLO for NYSC..it is highly difficult
the impeachment on the grounds of gross misconduct is easy,especially now. even obj that is more intelligent and was totally in control unlike this one had to bow and beg with Ghana must go before he was left off the hook

1 Like

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by lecowas: 11:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
spartan117:

Who told you that the chief justice is an ally of the President?
Have you forgotten this
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/lawyer-sues-fg-refusal-confirm-onnoghen-cjn/

Bygone is bygone I think(my opinion). From the latest judgements I observed, the judiciary seems to be cooperating with the executive. Look for instance;
a) senator peter was remanded yesterday when he could be granted bail
b) the case of the election reordering against NASS all favoured Buhari
c) dino melaye's brother and allies have just been remanded
d) the CJN and Buhari are having closed door meetings up & down
e) the clampdown on Justices has been alleviated ( except for the few scapegoat we'll still hear) and lots more
I think the CJN and Buhari may have made a good bargain already(my opinion)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by lecowas: 11:44pm On Apr 26, 2018
surgical:
The NASS made the cjn ,cjn by compelling Osinbajo to forward his name after buhsri condemned him to acting cjn, first in history, 2/3 is easy to secure because by so doing, they are saving their own ass as buhari is threatening all of them, self preservation is the first law

Let's even put aside the issue of the CJN( I don't wanna type long epistle), Buhari is not threatening people who are on his side(not APC) take for instance:
a) what was done to Omo agege of the infamous mace saga
b)no punishment has been meted out to Buhari loyalists even though many of them have been indicted on several occasions...
Back to the 2/3 discussion, i still maintain that it'll be extremely difficult for the NASS to come around that number Especially in the north where anybody perceived to be an enemy of Buhari is been stoned.

1 Like

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by enlady(f): 1:47am On Apr 27, 2018
I wouldn't term the obvious blunders by the judiciary "cooperating" with the executive. They have been reduced to executive errand boys. Senator Peter ought to have been granted bail.

lecowas:

Bygone is bygone I think(my opinion). From the latest judgements I observed, the judiciary seems to be cooperating with the executive. Look for instance;
e) the clampdown on Justices has been alleviated ( except for the few scapegoat we'll still hear) and lots more
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by lecowas: 8:35am On Apr 27, 2018
enlady:
I wouldn't term the obvious blunders by the judiciary "cooperating" with the executive. They have been reduced to executive errand boys. Senator Peter ought to have been granted bail.

If u don't accept the word *cooperation*, I will ur own diction - *errand boys* but I think we're still on the same page
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by spartan117(m): 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2018
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by MEILYN(m): 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
I don't think this can be accomplished in Nigeria. The senators and reps are there for their own interests and not the interests of the people.
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by asawanathegreat(m): 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
Impossible mission to accomplish in Nigeria
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Onoja2016(m): 2:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
All I want to say on this mata is that, any pussy that is too tite the make man the quickly vomite akamu
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by johnnyvid(m): 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
spartan117:
There have been reports that some members of the Nigerian upper and lower legislative chamber have threatened President Muhammad Buhari with impeachment.

Kingsley Chinda the chairman house committee on public accounts made this call on Wednesday 25th April 2018 over the withdrawal of $462million dollars from the excess crude account to fund the purchase of tucano jets from the United States without prior approval from the National Assembly.
This call was re-echoed in the upper legislative chamber by senator Matthew urhoghide where he urged the Senate to invoke section 143 of the Constitution which bothers on the President's impeachment.

The process of impeaching a Nigerian president is rather long winding and complex. In this light,i bring you the procedure for removing the president of Nigeria from office as stated clearly in Section 143 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) .
check the video here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjWMaH7Vt8E
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by MEILYN(m): 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
Onoja2016:
All I want to say on this mata is that, any pussy that is too tite the make make the quickly vomite akamu
Na wa oo grin
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Chrisbeks: 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
They can't impeach the president. How will they get the CJ to set up a panel of men who will be favourably disposed to indicting the president?
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by johnnyvid(m): 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2018
check the YouTube videos here from channels television �. check the link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjWMaH7Vt8E
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Chrisbeks: 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
Onoja2016:
All I want to say on this mata is that, any pussy that is too tite the make make the quickly vomite akamu
Oya judge yourself, did u make any sense now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by johnnyvid(m): 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
lecowas:

yes it is very true, you analyzed it very well here.
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by HolyGee: 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
spartan117:
There have been reports that some members of the Nigerian upper and lower legislative chamber have threatened President Muhammad Buhari with impeachment.

Kingsley Chinda the chairman house committee on public accounts made this call on Wednesday 25th April 2018 over the withdrawal of $462million dollars from the excess crude account to fund the purchase of tucano jets from the United States without prior approval from the National Assembly.
This call was re-echoed in the upper legislative chamber by senator Matthew urhoghide where he urged the Senate to invoke section 143 of the Constitution which bothers on the President's impeachment.

The process of impeaching a Nigerian president is rather long winding and complex. In this light,i bring you the procedure for removing the president of Nigeria from office as stated clearly in Section 143 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) .
spartan117:

spartan117:

. What's holding it?

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Divay22(f): 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2018
Lemme read it well o
Who knows, it might just come out in my exams cool
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by jamace(m): 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
madridguy:
IMPOSSIBLE.
Very very possible!
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Doerstech(m): 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
I don't see anything complex or complicated here..,... it can be done

1 Like

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by kareemkamil(m): 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
Disunited National Assembly. Idiot people
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by dinachi(m): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2018
Daviddson:
I've read this before now. I must say that's not really very complex if laws work in Nigeria. Since our judiciary is very lame, one sponsored person will just fly to the court and ask for an injunction to stop the national assembly from proceeding, and the court will shamelessly grant it. You see?!
Did you read no 12, lazy youth?
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by phantom24: 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2018
Buhari can't be impeached, he's like abacha or every other military ruler in Nigeria. We all know the best way to get him off[size=8pt][/size]
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by pawesome(m): 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2018
IMPOSSIBLE
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by smirn(m): 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
surgical:
This is very different, if it were to be on medical ground now ,I would say it will be tough if not impossible but this one depends on the way the NASS wants to handle it but so far its doesn't seem they are a courageous lot,in the end nothing might happen
What you should be asking yourself is the gross misconduct by the president. The reason for the call for his impeachment has no basis. Withdrawing money from the Excess crude account to finance the purchase of aircraft or what have you without the approval of the NA. First by law, there is no law backing the set up of ECA and it has no constitutional provisions. Secondly the ECA is jointly own not only by the federal government but including the state and local government. So why do the NA feel that they are in position to approve transaction emanating from ECA spending? Instead of displaying only the provisions of impeaching the president, why not also reveal the provisions of how the president breach the spending of the ECA fund. ECA is owned by the three tiers of government and it's no news that the owners of the fund approved that certain amount from the fund should be channeled towards enhancing security in the country. The PDP are just as usual chasing shadow and making no sense.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by SirBunky85(m): 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Seriously it is easier for Satan to turn a new leaf than for a sitting Nigeria President to be impeached even if ALL members of the National Assembly consent to it.

He can frustrate the move by nominating his boys to the CJN as members of the 7 man panel, who in turn will give him a clean bill of health (this is what Almakura did in 2014). All he had to do is to show him his corrupt file and he'll fall inline.

If the CJN is uncooperative, he can simply send EFCC/Police/DSS after him and "suspend" him from office while a new acting CJN will be given the responsibility. The suspended CJN will be battling in court...

Alternatively, if he is a mean President, all he had to do is to sponsor thugs to the National Assembly complex to cause trouble and will use the excuse to shut down the complex in order to restore law and order even before sitting commence.

A second alternative is to sponsor series of court cases to get some kangaroo injunctions against the National Assembly and that will be it.

Welcome To Naija...

But let's sack Buhari in 2019 And bring Senator Ahmed Makarfi to power
many people thought obj was blabbing wen he said dat if he applies 5% of his powers,no opposition can withstand his venom
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by dinachi(m): 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
Daviddson:
I've read this before now. I must say that's not really very complex if laws work in Nigeria. Since our judiciary is very lame, one sponsored person will just fly to the court and ask for an injunction to stop the national assembly from proceeding, and the court will shamelessly grant it. You see?!
Is the law followed in Nigeria? Don't you know that several governors have gone to court to challenge their removal from office after they were removed? There's practically no suit, no matter how useless it is, that Nigerian judges will not entertain in court due to corruption.
Read no 12 again! It is very clear and no Judge will touch it.
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by IdeyFindWife: 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
spartan117:

LOL you sound so naive

Lol, but it's true.

Does Buhari and his cohorts look like a bunch on any hurry to leave the Villa soon. Does his meaningless #BodyLanguage resemble one who would graciously concede defeat on the interest of peace, progress, the coming generations and the man in the street? Like GEJ for example?!

You can't talk an incumbent like PMB out of office. The fact that APC drummed a lot of support for PMB riding on GEJ's purported ineptitude and clever social media hate speech doesn't mean we are ready to see the same now because their is now focal point, no cohesion and strategic governing mind to this present movement.

The energy is there, yes, but I doubt this anti-PMB movers will do a little bit more than denting his armor come 2019.

1 Like

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by tunary(m): 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
So they'll have to go through all this process before the animal can be impeached, It is clearly an indication of impossibility
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by kmaster007: 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2018
all I said all of dem suld jst liv does sit for lazy youth make we teach dem hw we own d country.
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by SirBunky85(m): 2:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
surgical:
oga as it stands today, buhari can. be Impeached without much difficulty, he has played into the hands of mass only that they may not want to do it. lesson, no matter your position humility pays there is always tomorrow, and don't lose your head to sycophants and praise singers, now his fate lies in the hand of the cjn his cabal did not want him to appoint and the bass he so much lothed ,despised ,harassed, and undermined as if he has all the powers in a democracy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Storms Head Bridge Onitsha (Pictures) / Stella Oduah In Israel (Pictures) / Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.