Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission (31796 Views)

Ahmed Isah Slaps Man He Accused Of "Writing Names Without Permission" / How Corper Linda Nkechi Igwetu Died After Police Shot Her - She Was Treated / For Celebrating Sallah With Girlfriends, Zamfara Hisbah Commission Arrest Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by dre11(m): 7:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
Posted By: Osagie Otabor

A young man identified as Glory Imarogie has died after he was arrested and allegedly tortured by policemen who arrested him on the orders of his landlord, who is a serving police officer, SP Austin Ehiziegbe.

It was gathered that the now embattled landlord had called in his colleague after he got infuriated by the action of his tenant who celebrated one of his grand daughter’s birthday without his permission.

The incident was said to have taken place at Evbuomama community in Ikpoba-Okha local government area.

A fracas was said to have ensued between the landlord and his tenant when the deceased and his brothers resisted attempts to stop the birthday party.

SP Austin was said to have invited policemen from the the anti-cult unit and told his colleagues that cultists had invaded his residence to celebrate a birthday party.

Father of the deceased, a retired police officer, Mr. Joseph Imarogie, said his two sons were arrested during the birthday party of his grand-daughter because the landlord said he did give them permission.

Mr. Imarogie said his twos sons were arrested and tortured till they were granted bail but one of his sons had already taken ill.

He said Glory later died at the hospital .
According to him, “This policeman said why will my son celebrate birthday without permission.

He locked the gate and brought out pistol. We begged him that we will come and see him after the party but he did not agree.

“I was at the hospital with my son and did not know about the mob action.”

A niece of the landlord, Odion Jimoh, said the deceased and his brothers dragged the gun with his uncle after a first shot was fired before the anti-cult arrested them.

The news of Glory’s death made irate youths in the community set the house ablaze on Tuesday morning.

It was the intervention by men of the Edo Fire Service that made the building not be razed even though household items were burnt.

On his part, the landlord said he was surprised when he received a call that the house has been set ablaze.

“I receive a call this morning that the boy that fought me and was granted bail was rushed to the hospital where he died. My family later called me that people have set fire on the house.”

Edo police spokesman, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor, confirmed the incident and said some persons have been arrested.

http://thenationonlineng.net/man-dies-police-torture-celebrating-birthday/

lalasticlala
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by madridguy(m): 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nigeria police again?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by IdeyFindWife: 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
Can you see slavery mentality in action?

What pple won't readily admit is that some of these lawless police sadists are what society's made of them.

Pple embolden these crazy guys to maltreat others for them and like crazed pets, who've tasted raw blood from fresh kill, they start perceiving everyone else as prospective prey.

It's bad the capital penalty's been downplayed in Nig. It should be part of punishments for whatever Police Service Reforms they're gonna have next because until the bar is raised to summary execution for all these kinda police 'furkeries', those bad cops won't shy away from crazy errands like that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by neonly: 7:28pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hahaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
blood government
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by ehbellsho(m): 7:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
wicked landlord. bt come to tink of it, there's sometin between dm that has resultd to d tenant's arrest nt just permision for d birthday party. lying againt your neighbour isn't just right.
RIP to d dead

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by livinus009(m): 7:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nigerian Police force is the Best in the World
I repeat,

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by mytime24(f): 7:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
Rip to d dead lipsrsealed

Naija police their heart is black just like their uniform undecided

6 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by Cadec007(m): 7:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by prosper21(m): 7:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
y
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by emeijeh(m): 7:41pm On Apr 26, 2018

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by Flokey: 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
The police are right , you must report to the station to take permit before celebrating your birthday
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by demson23: 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
Bad
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by beautyhd: 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
You are concerned about your house buh not bothered about someone's death.

Nigerian landlords behaving like gods. It pained him that he wasn't invited. I hope the youths will finish him off when they see him.

Crazy lazy Nigerian adult

8 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by kings09(m): 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hope d landlord's happy
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by Gangster1ms: 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2018
I don't understand.. you killed person cos of birthday. embarassed
Something is wrong somewhere..

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by Profitsng(m): 7:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by ifeolamide00(m): 7:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
Total rubbish
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by nathan26: 7:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by chinjo(m): 7:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
The boy fought you,
the boy was arrested,
The boy that fought you later died in the hospital.
Haba Oga landlord fear God na.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by menix(m): 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nna na wa ooooo!!

End Time News..
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by vheekaustine(m): 7:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
y wud d man nt ask 4 permission is the house his own_. 7 RIP RIP TO THE DEAD
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by Anonymous47: 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
Smh
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by Temptee101(m): 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
Can't people just live in peace for a second in this God forsaken country?

Honestly, am tired of the happenings in this unfortunate country
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by Jamaticulus(m): 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
Awon Olokpa yiii ooo ni kuuuu 'reee

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by slawomir: 7:58pm On Apr 26, 2018
Benin City

isoright

all those bini landlord and land ladys
their matter dey tire person o
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by olaskul(m): 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
You are Mad
I repeat,
You are Mad
You are Mad
You are Mad
You are Mad

livinus009:
I repeat,

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by Itzonlyme(f): 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
Bloody policemen everywhere.. Same thing happened here in Ai. A police man shot an okada rider just cos of #50 bribe. He died instantly. Thank God for the Governor's intervention. He ordered them to arrest him and charge him to court immediately. For the landlord let him go and eat his corpse. There is something some ppl fail to understand. We came into this world with nothing and we all shall go with nothing....The youths should go back and set that house ablaze!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by erico2k2(m): 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
we seem to take people for granted, the house you rent is for living not to throw parties, if your landlord says he cant accommodate noise calmly take your party to a registered venue, You need to take permission from your neighbours b4 you make such noise. Now for Landlord, his eyes is now clear, No MORE HOUSE to collect rent and he has lost all he owns in that house,!
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by anyimontana(m): 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
Karma is a bintch...
No police officer retires in peace

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by anyimontana(m): 8:09pm On Apr 26, 2018
Flokey:
The police are right , you must report to the station to take permit before celebrating your birthday
is ur father\uncle\brother a police man?..no one in his right senses will ever support them,even wen they r right...
Re: Man Dies After Police Torture For Celebrating Birthday Without Permission by okomile(f): 8:09pm On Apr 26, 2018
If I pay my rent, must my landlord be involved in my personal activities? Rip to the dead

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Kidnapped By Herdsmen In Ogun Found Dead / Thief Killed At Nkpor Flyover Onitsha (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian National Arrested With Cocaine At Airport In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.