Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Let’s Settle This Once And For All – Is Kissing A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let’s Settle This Once And For All – Is Kissing A Sin? (618 Views)

Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships / Is Kissing Before Marriage A Sin? / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Settle This Once And For All – Is Kissing A Sin? by Samuelgr8: 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hello people!

You are all welcome. Please take your seats. We have come to settle this matter once and for all. Amen?!

Grab your bibles too and throw away every opinion you may have had before now. Let’s be open-minded and look at this thing together. So, is kissing a sin?

Ad banner
So a friend of mine engaged me in this discussion some weeks ago and although I knew my own stance in the matter, I was lacking words to convince him from the bible that it is wrong. He was of the opinion that it was a matter of conviction. Hence… my bringing the matter to the market square so it’d be settled once and for all.

Kissing is We all know what kissing is. The issue is… is it a sin? I want to believe as believers, we aren’t talking about kissing random people.

To be more specific, is it wrong to kiss someone you are in a relationship with?

We know what the bible says concerning fornication sex outside of marriage (1 cor 6:18-20, Hebrews 13:4, Gal 5:19-21) These bible verses are just in case you were wondering. But sex outside marriage for us as believers is non-negotiable no matter who does it. Our standards have not changed.

So we know s*x is wrong but I think the issue with most people is that they know this so they try to avoid the act of sx. But in this their avoidance of s*x, they seek other things to satisfy their desires without the actual act. Then kissing, smooching, oral s*x, touching would now enter the matter. Some self-righteously justify this, after all, they didn’t have s*x.

Now let’s look at what the Word of God says about that:

https://livelystones.com.ng/lets-settle-this-once-and-for-all-is-kissing-a-sin/

Re: Let’s Settle This Once And For All – Is Kissing A Sin? by greatnaija01: 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2018
there is NOTHING to Look for.

IF JESUS SAID LOOKING AT A LADY LUSTFULLY IS A SIN, THEN WHEN THE LIPS TOUCH IT CAN NOT BE RIGHTEOUSNESS.

sO your LINK is not needed.... find better things to talk about.

Clap will always lead to DANCE.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Settle This Once And For All – Is Kissing A Sin? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
Stand in the middle of road to pray, is it sinful? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Let’s Settle This Once And For All – Is Kissing A Sin? by paxonel(m): 5:51am On Apr 27, 2018
There is no scripture that has specifically says kissing is wrong they are all assumptions by religious people.

Kissing is a natural gift to be enjoyed by couples or people of 18+ engaging in a committed relationship, there is nothing sinful about it.
Re: Let’s Settle This Once And For All – Is Kissing A Sin? by Beke2020: 7:02am On Apr 27, 2018
Hmmnnnn Pastor paxonel
paxonel:
There is no scripture that has specifically says kissing is wrong they are all assumptions by religious people.

Kissing is a natural gift to be enjoyed by couples or people of 18+ engaging in a committed relationship, there is nothing sinful about it.
Re: Let’s Settle This Once And For All – Is Kissing A Sin? by paxonel(m): 7:42am On Apr 27, 2018
Beke2020:
Hmmnnnn Pastor paxonel
it's true now grin
Re: Let’s Settle This Once And For All – Is Kissing A Sin? by Samuelgr8: 11:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
I believe u
paxonel:
it's true now grin
Re: Let’s Settle This Once And For All – Is Kissing A Sin? by candelahria(f): 8:41am On Apr 28, 2018
I won't really say kissing a sin. However, it shouldn't be encouraged among true Christians.The best thing u can do for yourself as a true Christian who wants to keep yourself sexually pure until marriage is to stay away from kissing. Every human has desires inbuilt by God. Kissing stirs up those desires,which could lead to touching, which could lead to heavy petting and then finally sex.It would be very difficult for one to be satisfied with just kissing. One would desire to get to deeper levels of intimacy once the fire is lit up.Do not carry fire in your bosom. You'll get burnt.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Settle This Once And For All – Is Kissing A Sin? by Samuelgr8: 11:39pm On Apr 28, 2018
God bless u...like dey say, na clap old mama take dey enter dance
candelahria:
I won't really say kissing a sin. However, it shouldn't be encouraged among true Christians.The best thing u can do for yourself as a true Christian who wants to keep yourself sexually pure until marriage is to stay away from kissing. Every human has desires inbuilt by God. Kissing stirs up those desires,which could lead to touching, which could lead to heavy petting and then finally sex.It would be very difficult for one to be satisfied with just kissing. One would desire to get to deeper levels of intimacy once the fire is lit up.Do not carry fire in your bosom. You'll get burnt.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Settle This Once And For All – Is Kissing A Sin? by Kingsley1000(m): 4:57am On Apr 29, 2018
Nawa o..to enter heaven no be here o

(1) (Reply)

Prayers For The Fruit Of The Womb / Watch Ada Ehi's New & Official Video For "Cheta", Download Audio / "Pastor Put His Hand Inside My Pant And Grabbed My Breasts!!!"---victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.