Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries (23325 Views)

Charterhouse: Why We Charge ₦42M Fees For Primary School Pupils — Lagos School / Lagos School Principal Becomes A Student For One Day / How Do I Get An Indigene Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by diasporaman(m): 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
LAGOS SCHOOL REFUSED TO ADMIT OUR MAID BECAUSE SHE IS NOT AN INDIGENE, MAN CRIES OUT

Europe based Igbo man has alleged that their maid was refused admission into Festac secondary school on the ground that they only admit indigenes of Lagos State.

Mr Arinze who resides in Madrid, Spain asked his wife to take their maid to the nearby secondary school in Festac so that she could get some glimpses of education. Getting to the school, he alleges that the school management told his wife that they only  admit indigenes of Lagos state.

You would recall that February this year the Governor of Lagos state, His Excellency  Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode formally signed a bill into law “to provide for the preservation and promotion of the use of Yoruba Language and for connected purposes,” thereby making it the first state to enact law seeking to preserve and promote its indigenous language.

The yoruba language preservation law made it compulsory for all primary and secondary schools – private or public – in the state to include teaching of Yoruba Language as a core subject at all levels. According to the government, violation of the law will attract a fine of N500,000 or complete closure of the school.

More also, candidates seeking admission into all tertiary institutions in Lagos state must henceforth possess credit in Yoruba Language.

However, whether the new law which  was trailed with mixed reactions has snowballed into discrimination of students in regard to admission or the management of the government owned schools are using it to deprive indigenes of other states is yet unknown.

https://diasporareporters.com/lagos-school-refused-admit-maid-not-indigene-man-cries/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by diasporaman(m): 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
Attention is needed here. We need to understand what's happening.

Lagos is no man's land

17 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by tociano009(m): 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
Lies

5 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
ehya... issa sorry case
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Mynd44: 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
Such lies.

So you took your ward to a public secondary school in the third term and expect her to be admitted?

No public school in Lagos will take her not because she is not an indigene but because the school year is far gone.

Go back in August

180 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Pierohandsome: 7:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
I am not trying to say u are lying, i dnt jst believe u

Anyway sha, afonja people people are capable of anything jst to make their st.upid language relevant

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by diasporaman(m): 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
Imagine Festac that the Igbos developed that supposed to be a colony of Ndi Igbo

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by blackboy(m): 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2018
that cannot be true. lets get the facts right. Lagos is so open

11 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by diasporaman(m): 8:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
It might be true and if this post goes viral it will get the attention of the state government and they will investigate the matter
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by dollyjoy(f): 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
Pierohandsome:

Anyway sha, afonja people people are capable of anything jst to make their st.upid language relevant
Lazy Nigeria Youth.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Homeboiy: 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
Mynd44:
Such lies.

So you took your ward to a public secondary school in the third term and expect her to be admitted?

No public school in Lagos will take her not because she is not an indigene but because the school year is far gone.

Go back in August

You just typed trash

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Movic1(m): 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
Pierohandsome:

st.upid language relevant? I won't say anything. ignorance is bliss

26 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by princechurchill(m): 8:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
She's an illegal immigrant they should deport her as they do to us in Spain

11 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Movic1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
She was refused admission on the ground that they only admit indigenes of Lagos State is a pure lie. Oga find another lie. playing victim is their way . Beside you guys own lagos/ lagos is no man's land. Why the tears?

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by chukzyfcbb: 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
Big lie, virtually all the maid within my vicinity attend festac girls, festac grammar school etc and they are not indigene.

In fact Lagos state education is soo good that they get FREE Textbooks for most of the subjects to use every term, but its all signed to avoid it being resold and must be returned back to school at the end of the class year.

Lagos invests in their education esp for pub schools.

Gerrarahere with ya lies
#Festac resident says so

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by QuotaSystem: 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
Flattties will concoct any tale to try to frustrate that Yoruba language law grin

One is even dreaming of the lie going viral so the law can be reviewed... Lol.

I'm a northerner, grew up in Ikoyi, but I still recognize that Lagos is Yorubaland, just like Abuja is Arewaland.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Flattties will concoct any tale to try to frustrate that Yoruba language law grin

One is even dreaming of the lie going viral so the law can be reviewed... Lol.

I'm a northerner, grew up in Ikoyi, family have had properties there for decades, but I still recognize that Lagos is Yorubaland.
Ikoyi indeed but your people still wave at aeroplane

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by oyatz(m): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
Afonja has no business with Lagos.

Pierohandsome:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by anibirelawal(m): 10:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
A fat lie!

That cant be the real reason.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by QuotaSystem: 5:37am On Apr 28, 2018
QueenOfNepal:
Ikoyi indeed but your people still wave at aeroplane

Lol yet those people also own Kabo Air, Max Air, Chanchangi etc and are presently building the worlds largest refinery.

I won't mock you for your brain fart of thinking those politicians were waving at the presidential jet instead of the president that was departing inside the jet.

48 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by jy2kbeyond(m): 8:48am On Apr 28, 2018
Lagos is a no man's Land. So who are the indigenes? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by ISLAMBAD: 8:48am On Apr 28, 2018
Why can't you put your maid in private school ?
I never liked public school for once.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by ISLAMBAD: 8:49am On Apr 28, 2018
OK
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Diso60090(m): 8:50am On Apr 28, 2018
diasporaman:
Imagine Festac that the Igbos developed that supposed to be a colony of Ndi Igbo

Your matter long nor be small lazy Nigerian boi

14 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by skales67(m): 8:50am On Apr 28, 2018
The same Lagos government that has enforced the inclusion of Yoruba language in their school curriculum. If I say af*njas are tribal now, some lazy jobless youths will come here to mention me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 28, 2018
Pierohandsome:

When you get up from the potty and you've taken your bath and dressed up come back and read your dumb comment and edit it. Or get someone to edit it for you.

20 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by marvin906(m): 8:52am On Apr 28, 2018
lie of the century..
my eastern brothers always trying to degrade the west
jealousy is a disease

34 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by SIRmanjar(m): 8:52am On Apr 28, 2018
Nawaooh! Its time for every region to control there region..Be it education,security ad resources let's see who will loose.

Ambode is a tribalist and if he continues being so.. I foresee yorubas in other pipus region getting payed back in there own coin.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Pidginwhisper: 8:54am On Apr 28, 2018
Pierohandsome:

That their stupid language is more relevant than your existence and whatever language your speak

45 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Emassive(m): 8:54am On Apr 28, 2018
I believe it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Uncovers N1.2bn Fraud At FUTO, UNIABUJA / Nigerian Students In Germany Annual Gathering (Photos) / Pls I Need Help In My Studying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.