Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,907 members, 7,799,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Mobil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mobil (3300 Views)

How Good Are This Mobil 5w30 Oil / Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. / ₦572m Volkner Mobil Motorhome That Comes With Hydraulic Supercar Garage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobil by Dreamword24: 11:13pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hello Guy
Re: Mobil by Dreamword24: 11:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
LL
Re: Mobil by dru23(m): 1:18am On Apr 28, 2018
Dreamword24:
Hello Guys, i want to change my c300 engine oil. my mechanic ask me to get Mobil 1 5W30. But when i went to mobile feeling station. i saw this two mobil 1 5w30. one with Green color and the second with ash color. whats the difference between the two pls.

Omo could the European made o .. The American vision is better and safe ,since you are not sure .I will be bringing my own from the states soon .. And also castrol full synethic is another good one. The ones sold in naija usually are either fake or substandard...
Re: Mobil by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 28, 2018
Dreamword24:
Hello Guys, i want to change my c300 engine oil. my mechanic ask me to get Mobil 1 5W30. But when i went to mobile feeling station. i saw this two mobil 1 5w30. one with Green color and the second with ash color. whats the difference between the two pls.

How much are they?

For the record. there is no reason why you couldn't use either one, especially the ESP since it meets MB 229.31 / 229.51. I would.

Go and read this https://mobiloil.com/~/media/amer/us/pvl/files/pdfs/mobil-1-oil-product-specs-guide.pdf
Re: Mobil by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:08am On Apr 28, 2018
Dreamword24:

for a mercerdes go with 0 or 5w40,
available.

Re: Mobil by Dreamword24: 7:57am On Apr 28, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

available.

How much?
Re: Mobil by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2018
Dreamword24:

How much?

currently 16,000
Re: Mobil by ColeworldMD(m): 11:55pm On May 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

currently 16,000
Is one enough to service accord end?
Re: Mobil by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:49am On May 07, 2018
ColeworldMD:

Is one enough to service accord end?

more than enough
Re: Mobil by ColeworldMD(m): 1:02am On May 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

more than enough
how much to Abuja & how many days.
Re: Mobil by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:05am On May 07, 2018
ColeworldMD:
how much to Abuja & how many days.

search NL there's another supplier in abuja, but not me (will be cheaper for you)
Re: Mobil by ColeworldMD(m): 12:07pm On May 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

search NL there's another supplier in abuja, but not me (will be cheaper for you)
thanks finally got from eterna filling station.
Re: Mobil by ColeworldMD(m): 12:09pm On May 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

available.

I saw 0w20 written "approved for most Hondas and Toyotas" I was told it's the new one. Is this also made in USA?
Re: Mobil by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:27pm On May 07, 2018
ColeworldMD:
thanks finally got from eterna filling station.

sorry you got the crappy brand
Re: Mobil by ColeworldMD(m): 9:33pm On May 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

sorry you got the crappy brand
they're the official sole distributor in Nigeria. Licensed by Castrol USA. So why did make that conclusion? I'm here to learn. Thanks

PS - it was Castrol Edge I got from eterna not the mobil 1 0w20 I talked about earlier.

1 Like

Re: Mobil by prosnadis(m): 9:44pm On May 07, 2018
Ur right bro.
ColeworldMD:
they're the official sole distributor in Nigeria. Licensed by Castrol USA. So why did make that conclusion? I'm here to learn. Thanks

PS - it was Castrol Edge I got from eterna not the mobil 1 0w20 I talked about earlier.
Re: Mobil by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:49pm On May 07, 2018
ColeworldMD:

still got the crappy brand.
Re: Mobil by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:50pm On May 07, 2018
toyota cars made in south africa nd made In USA have diff quality standards.

Same with kia/hyundai cars made for Nigerian market and US market.

draw your conclusions from there.
Re: Mobil by dru23(m): 11:51pm On May 07, 2018
ColeworldMD:

Either one of them is crappy... go on the mobil oil section on the thread.. There is that talks about the types of oil like castrol and mobil ..he talks about how they are not up to standard compare to the Yankee.. Read it and digest it.. U will understand better

Ps Google is your friend
Re: Mobil by dru23(m): 11:52pm On May 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
toyota cars made in south africa nd made In USA have diff quality standards.

Same with kia/hyundai cars made for Nigerian market and US market.

draw your conclusions from there.

Say no more ....

Re: Mobil by dru23(m): 10:37am On May 08, 2018
Euouae:

Sold in Mobil filling station, fake?

There is a lot fakes out there... the bottom line is the mobil or castrol oil sold In Nigeria by mobil is not up to standard compare to the Yankee stuff.. Search mobil oil on the thread and there is guy that explains the difference between the ones sold in mobil station in Nigeria and the imported ones.. Funny enough I just spoke to him this morning... my own stuff is arriving nxt week...baically it is almost sold between the buyer I have on ground...and also for better clarification you can ask gazzuz and he will explain better
Re: Mobil by ColeworldMD(m): 12:19pm On May 08, 2018
dru23:

Either one of them is crappy... go on the mobil oil section on the thread.. There is that talks about the types of oil like castrol and mobil ..he talks about how they are not up to standard compare to the Yankee.. Read it and digest it.. U will understand better

Ps Google is your friend
it will never be the same as those in Yankee. Even total Nigeria is not the same as total France. Not everybody can afford foreign oils. That doesn't mean all those not using foreign oil will damage their engines.

4 Likes

Re: Mobil by dru23(m): 5:03pm On May 08, 2018
ColeworldMD:
it will never be the same as those in Yankee. Even total Nigeria is not the same as total France. Not everybody can afford foreign oils. That doesn't mean all those not using foreign oil will damage their engines.

Sometimes we rather be pennies wise and pound foolish... if can buy the right quality now, u can save urself stress and money down the line.... Somethings u don't joke with at all, if you can afford a 1.3m million car ,you should able to afford 14k engine oil.. Chances are you won't have to change your oil that often and it will cost just a pretty penny and the difference is very clear... funny enough I was talking one of my buyers for the engine oil this morning.. I told him that my America castrol full synethic oil is sold for 13500k compare to the Onado oil made either in Nigeria or made for Nigerian market was going for 14500k.. My point is that if you look hard enough you can afford to buy foreign stuff.. By the way we Nigerians have very bad maintenance culture.. It is a disease that starts from the top (the government). And trickles down to the bottom.. Only if we just put a little bit of effort into quality and maintaince , we save ourselves money down the line..

(1) (Reply)

Can Your Engine Oil Do This ?... / My Car Tries To Lose Balance Wen I Accelerate Hard / Toyota Camry Hybrid 2009 2AZ Vtt-i Engine Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.