Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:39 AM

Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road (9912 Views)

Gov. Fashola Plans To Defect To PDP / Fashola - Plans For Lagos Inner City Roads On Course / Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by selingel: 9:44pm On May 18, 2010
Lagos Plans N60 Billion Alternative Road To Ikorodu

Ikorodu Road Lagos

The Lagos State government is proposing a N60 billion alternative route to link Ishawo to Ikorodu in order to decongest the daily traffic gridlock in the area.

The proposed road is under the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) programme of the state government and is expected to be built by foreign investors.

Mr. Ayo Gbeleyi, Director-General, Lagos State PPP Office, said the project is expected to increase the real estate potential along the Ikorodu axis and reduce considerably the number of man-hours spent on the road.

According to him, the road would be built in four phases and the indicative cost of the project is N60 billion.

“The road will be tolled and include a bridge. Preliminary feasibility studies, design and detail drawings have been submitted,” he added.
In the area of housing, Gbeleyi said the state wanted investors to partner with it, as government has provided opportunities for affordable housing as well as enabling housing supply.

“Government has initiated programmes to promote housing demands by providing land subsidy to private developers and providing home buyers initiative,” he said.

He also spoke on the proposed Alausa Greenfield Captive Power Generation Project which is expected to generate 7.5 megawatts of electricity to illuminate the Lagos State government’s seat of power.

The project is scalable to 12.5 megawatts. A 10-15 year Power Purchase Agreement is to be signed between the state and concessionaire.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/05/06/lagos-plans-n60-billion-alternative-road-to-ikorodu/#comment-680
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On May 18, 2010
selingel:

In the area of housing, Gbeleyi said the state wanted investors to partner with it, as government has provided opportunities for affordable housing as well as enabling housing supply.

Government has initiated programmes to promote housing demands by providing land subsidy to private developers and providing home buyers initiative,” he said.

Now that's what I am talking about!
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by selingel: 9:49pm On May 18, 2010
Fashola is at it again. I just hope all these gigantic projects come to reality, and Lagos will be better for it.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Hardtalk: 9:56pm On May 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Now that's what I am talking about!

You and Fashola, and his supporters! Na wah oh!. Meanwhile, I covet your stand and most of all, your boldness. You never showed any form of weakness, or signs of being bought over by his supporters.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On May 18, 2010
Hardtalk:

You and Fashola, and his supporters! Na wah oh!. Meanwhile, I covet your stand and most of all, your boldness. You never showed any form of weakness, or signs of being bought over by his supporters.

ROFLMAO!!! I have just had to learn to ignore the trash-talkers, to concentrate on saying what I have to say on issues

On the housing , I did have a debate with @Doyin23(I believe that is it) on the government needing to look into the issue NOW and not two or ten years from today when the population is expected to hit the 25 million mark. And I am glad to see that the government is not sleeping on the housing issue.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-431355.320.html
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Hardtalk: 10:37pm On May 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!! I have just had to learn to ignore the trash-talker and press on to make my point.

On the housing issue, I did have a debate with @Doyin23(I believe that is it) on the government needing to look into the issue NOW and not two or ten years from today when the population is expected to hit the 25 million mark. And I am glad to see that the government is not sleeping on the housing issue.

I must admit here too, there is serious need to look into Housing Policy in Lagos, before it gets out of hand. Your point is what we are suffering at MMIA, Lagos, and similar others scattered all over Nigeria. We dont have long term policies that have the future at heart, minding the fact, the population is growing. We are always in a hurry to attend to immediate pressing issues, without thinking about the status of those projects 15 to 25 years later, and at the same time, minding what is happening in other sectors. Keep the flag flying buddie.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Enjoyment1(f): 11:55pm On May 18, 2010
This is good news for developers in Lagos, Ikorodu axis!. Soon, even those (developers) in neighbouring states, will relocate to Lagos. My fear is that, Fashola please watch out for the kind of materials these developers will use, to avoid the issue of collapse buildings.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Fhemmmy: 1:27am On May 19, 2010
Good news
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by selingel: 2:34am On May 19, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Good news

Indeed good news, but are these big projects not too many, considering the time limits left for Fashola? Anyway, he will win a second term in Lagos.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by selingel: 2:35am On May 19, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Good news

Indeed good news, but are these big projects not too many, considering the time limits left for Fashola? Anyway, he will win a second term in Lagos.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by msaalli(m): 4:42am On May 19, 2010
selingel:

Gov't is a continuum, even an Akala would not come in and tamper with such lofty goals. Well I guess tho.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by mbulela: 5:35am On May 19, 2010
Akala don suffer for una hand.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Omolulu(m): 6:25am On May 19, 2010
mbulela:

Akala don suffer for una hand.
na akala now, im still dey build public toilet?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by mbulela: 7:28am On May 19, 2010
^^^
he just laid the foundation for an ultra modern beaching cream manufacturing plant in Molete. grin
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by desgiezd(m): 8:34am On May 19, 2010
It is good that Fashola's government is taking up this road that has been on the cards for some time. This will be a great relief to the people coming from Ota area, Ikeja, Ogba and all that axis going to Ikorodu, rather than pass through Ketu and adding to the traffic problems there, they will link Ikorodu through Isawo/Agric in no time.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by selingel: 12:55pm On May 19, 2010
mbulela:

^^^
he just laid the foundation for an ultra modern beaching cream manufacturing plant in Molete. grin

I wonder why a man like that can still be bl***ching. Anyway, it is a personal issue. Talkiing governance, the man has failed in his capacity, while his colleague in Lagos at least is doing something no matter how gigantic or small. My only problem is, will he finish all this projects? We are only fortunate that Fashola came to continue what Tinubu started. What if it was Obanikoro that won?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by desgiezd(m): 1:09pm On May 19, 2010
selingel:

I wonder why a man like that can still be bl***ching.

Is it only bleaching? What of bangles, necklaces and big, big rings. By the way, has anyone drove along Iwo Road, from Old Toll Gate to the roundabout that leads to Ojoo/Ife Road? The condition of that road is appalling.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by selingel: 1:12pm On May 19, 2010
desgiezd:

Is it only bleaching? What of bangles, necklaces and big, big rings. By the way, has anyone drove along Iwo Road, from Old Toll Gate to the roundabout that leads to Ojoo/Ife Road? The condition of that road is appalling.

Please tell us, because it has been 10 years I went there, and might not be going there soon!.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 19, 2010
Thumbs up Fashola!!!
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by doyin13(m): 3:22pm On May 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!! I have just had to learn to ignore the trash-talkers, to concentrate on saying what I have to say on issues

On the housing , I did have a debate with @Doyin23(I believe that is it) on the government needing to look into the issue NOW and not two or ten years from today when the population is expected to hit the 25 million mark. And I am glad to see that the government is not sleeping on the housing issue.

Oiiiiii. . . .Get the name right will ya. angry angry angry angry
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 19, 2010
^^^^^

i think its gayin13 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Hardtalk: 4:14pm On May 19, 2010
oyb:

^^^^^

i think its gayin13 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Why make jest of Kobojunkie? Whatever she typed, she has made her point. It is a mere typographic error. Anyone could have fallen prey to it.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by saintade01(m): 4:47pm On May 19, 2010
Tolled and Fenced too, abi? grin
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Ourturn(m): 8:09pm On May 19, 2010
saintade01:

Tolled and Fenced too, abi? grin

I am after the project being completed. These gigantic projects are too many, though welcome.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 8:35pm On May 19, 2010
Our-turn:

I am after the project being completed. These gigantic projects are too many, though welcome.

When there's none, you complain, when there's something, you b@it/ch moan and complain again.

Nigerians are just funny animals,
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by xterra2(m): 8:50pm On May 19, 2010
Good and better be fast let Lagosians expect less traffic gridlock before i temporarily relocate there by next year
And good thing is that it is a PPP built by foreign investors
Thnx Fashola
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Ourturn(m): 9:01pm On May 19, 2010
babapupa:

When there's none, you complain, when there's something, you b@it/ch moan and complain again.

Nigerians are just funny animals,

My guy, I know what I am saying, and I am not daft. Whatever I say, is within Nigerian context.

The immediate past governor of Akwa Ibom state had similar projects in the state, please tell us, how many he completed in the state before he left in 2007?

In fact, mention one he completed in his 8 years of governorship?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Ourturn(m): 9:02pm On May 19, 2010
@ Babapupa, I am waiting,
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 12:29am On May 20, 2010
Our-turn:

My guy, I know what I am saying, and I am not daft. Whatever I say, is within Nigerian context.

The immediate past governor of Akwa Ibom state had similar projects in the state, please tell us, how many he completed in the state before he left in 2007?

In fact, mention one he completed in his 8 years of governorship?

Must you mention your village or compare your village with The Great of Lagos?

We are talking about Lagos State, not some Micky mouse state and Governor wannabee local government counselor.

Who gives a freeking damn about what some governor is doing in Akwa or what ever you call it?

Shouldn't you be telling me the number of white elephants and unfinished projects in Lagos state if you really wanna make a case?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Ourturn(m): 3:06pm On May 20, 2010
babapupa:

We are talking about Lagos State, not some Micky mouse state and Governor wannabee local government counselor.

Who gives a freeking damn about what some governor is doing in Akwa or what ever you call it?

Shouldn't you be telling me the number of white elephants and unfinished projects in Lagos state if you really wanna make a case?

I can see I have a serious case in hand here. I may require the assistance of a medical team. Please wait, I will be back.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by olafolarin(m): 8:14pm On May 20, 2010
selingel:

I wonder why a man like that can still be bl***ching. Anyway, it is a personal issue. Talkiing governance, the man has failed in his capacity, while his colleague in Lagos at least is doing something no matter how gigantic or small. My only problem is, will he finish all this projects? We are only fortunate that Fashola came to continue what Tinubu started. What if it was Obanikoro that won?

Obanikoro would have destroyed Lagos State.Obanikoro has no plan or vision to develop Lagos.

These projects will be contnued either by fashola in his 2nd term or the next Governor.Lagos enjoys continuum which Bola Tinubu laid down.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by gidson12(m): 8:21pm On May 20, 2010
babapupa:

whats ur point here!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What A Yoruba Christian Said About Nnamdi Kanu Now And Got 1000 likes (Pictures) / BREAKING: Presidency Confirms Receipt Of 2018 Budget / Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.