Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (155334 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Lankymafiaso: 10:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
God punish Yaya Bello
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2018
dafeyankee:

Father paying his son a visit.

grin grin
Fear don grip you....you quick quick gon on attack.

You no see as Yoruba people calm dey look you. The visit is self-evident, needs no comment. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2018
Gassa007:

Wetin concern Easterners for Benin kingdom
it concerns them cause na them be d mouth piece of Edo all d time to contradict yorubas when making point.
I guess u r new on nairaland.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by usibengate(m): 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2018
Lazy youth all over nairaland, with a lots of them not being to school, lack common sense, looking for free money, free health care, sprue frivolous comments, beclouded with ethnic, cultural, religious and political sentiments. What is really wrong with Nigerian YOUTH? A lot of them are so garrulous, stup!d, loquacious, good for nothing. Your mates here are changing the word with the speed of light, here you are arguing superiority between 2 deities.

I weep for Nigerian youth. A youth with misplace priority.

I think it high time Nigerian youth purged their indifference, stereotypical and ethnical mindsets.

The World envy Nigeria and Nigeria envies the world

Get your self useful please, whether Afonja, Ipob,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 10:26pm On Apr 28, 2018
odigbosky:
To all those Ignorant people here who have come here to show their high level of ignorance well let me educate you all.

1. The Oba leaves his palace, His grandfather Oba Akenzuwa visited England. His own father Oba Erediauwa did a nationwide coronation thank you visit where he visited many palaces across Nigeria. This present Oba is doing just same. He has Visited Buhari, the Sultan and now he has visited the Ooni as i earlier predicted. His next visit would be to Onitsha and i expect some dundies to run here and run their mouth when that happens.

2. All coronation rights have ended and he isn't going to do any in Ife, please can you yorubas just focus on how to keep the emir of yorubaland from running his mouth and leave my King alone. At least the Ooni sharea the same state with the Emir of yorubaland.

3. We the Edo people want to use this medium to repeat ourselves, neither did we or our monarch come from Ife, we might have shared many historical ties which is what empires do as there is barely any tribe in southern Nigeria that doesn't have Benin in its folklore.

4. Oba gha to kpere......ise

No Yoruba has ever said Edo people are from Ife. We dont know you and dont care where you come from or go to.

Bini is our son and our people and you can fill a library with all kind of literatures you want to contradict it...writers and researchers before you have recorded their truthful findings and taken oral narratives from Bini courtiers as evidence of Bini roots in Ife.

Please stop making Edo important in Bini, you are non entity. Your Ogiso reign is over long ago, this is Yoruba dynasty in Bini, bow to the Omo N'Oba, and the Omo N'Oba bow to Oranmiyan, his ancestor.

If you are not happy with the arrangement feel free to reinstall your Ogiso back in power, lets see if you can.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by MYHUBBY: 10:26pm On Apr 28, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This yeye Oba travels more than a runs girl.

Ozuo King.

are they the one that relegate your own igwe to remain indoor like those Nnamdi KANU order not to open shops?

your folks ve said it that, they don't regards king in Igbo land and not every region should emulate your disrespectful culture even Hausas that you people abused regards their emir

you people are just full of hate

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 28, 2018
PRESENTATION:

After how many years? Hide your face in shame bruh. Perhaps d Sultan palace and aso rock is also an ancestral home?
You people argue so blindly, sometimes required to be flogged 25 strokes before getting wisdom.

Have u ever read d history of Oba of Benin? the first king that brought Oba to Benin is from Ife.

And Ife was his ancestral home. Don't be impress with d ibos on nairaland giving you cheap likes you don't warrant.

All Obas in Nigeria and beyond migrated from IFE.

11 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Fronesis: 10:32pm On Apr 28, 2018
The battle for superiority is for the weak, empty heads and minds and low lives. Only empty minds say "Do you know who i am?", "Do you know who my father is?". Great minds don't make noise or argue over superiority because they know who they are within. They are aware that productivity is higher than title, and impact is stronger than image. See these two great men in their glory having fun together and you see empty heads fighting on social media about who is superior. I weep for my generation. The leaders of tomorrow. Empty!

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by cue64: 10:36pm On Apr 28, 2018
all this yoruba people can funny me, so una never still rest for the issue of a man that came from the sky with chains?? At least the benin's have prove that ogiso's existed before the reing of the Oba's, they have prove of the last ogiso who sent that his son be killed and the have proves in land marks of the sojourn of oromiyan, son of ekaladerhan as a matter of fact one of the places he settled is named after him today and it leads to Egor, where the child who later became king was conceived.... Even after all this proves the Yoruba people will still argue that somebody came from the sky with chains

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Rex123(m): 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
Wealthandjobs:
The heads of past Oba of Benin buried in Ile-Ife says it all. Don't argue at your own disadvantage.
Give it to those wise ancestors of the Yoruba who insisted that their son's descendants heads be buried in Ile-Ife,they knew that someday some smart Alec will attempt to twist the truth.
Have you ever heard of an Ooni visit the Oba of Benin? The respected Oba of Benin is even behind the Alaafin of Oyo in ranking.
Long live Yoruba land. Long live Nigeria.

You guys say shit, the Ooni has been to the bini Palace twice. The ọba is just returning the courtesy call.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
Oduduwa was a stranger. Ask the Yorubas where he is from. No need 2 argue with them. Binis conquered and colonized them. They only make mouth because of help from the British who liberated Lagos and other places from Binis. The words Oba, Eko, Oduduwa were derived from the Bini language.

Ok, let me give u the answer. Oduduwa is Bini, he migrated 2 Ife and became d first Ooni. All the major kings (not the vilagers) in Western Nigeria including Lagos and large part of South South have Bini Origin.

U can argue with your keypad.
I m nt from Bini but I know the history.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by dhestiney(m): 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
odigbosky:
To all those Ignorant people here who have come here to show their high level of ignorance well let me educate you all.

1. The Oba leaves his palace, His grandfather Oba Akenzuwa visited England. His own father Oba Erediauwa did a nationwide coronation thank you visit where he visited many palaces across Nigeria. This present Oba is doing just same. He has Visited Buhari, the Sultan and now he has visited the Ooni as i earlier predicted. His next visit would be to Onitsha and i expect some dundies to run here and run their mouth when that happens.

2. All coronation rights have ended and he isn't going to do any in Ife, please can you yorubas just focus on how to keep the emir of yorubaland from running his mouth and leave my King alone. At least the Ooni sharea the same state with the Emir of yorubaland.

3. We the Edo people want to use this medium to repeat ourselves, neither did we or our monarch come from Ife, we might have shared many historical ties which is what empires do as there is barely any tribe in southern Nigeria that doesn't have Benin in its folklore.

You've said it all. There's nothing more to add.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 28, 2018
odigbosky:

Keep running your mouth like a foolish person.. I can categorically say you're not a Bini person. is either you're from IBO or Auchi.

Oranmiyan (Yoruba)
Oba (Yoruba)
Uselu(Yoruba)
Omo(Yoruba)
Iye Oba(Yoruba)
Bini (Yoruba)
Eweka(Owomika) (Yoruba)
Amongst many other Yoruba words.

You're just blinded by ur hatred for Yoruba.
6 years ago on nairaland, Edo people were claiming Eweka is their first Oba until Oba ewuare ll set d historical fact straight that Oranmiyan(Yoruba) was the first coronated king in Bini kingdom.

Lastly you still believe Oba of Benin came to Ife for nation wide coronation visit after two years or more? this is preposterously untrue.

Many Edo towns trace their kingship titles to Yoruba lands eg Benin, Ibilo and some Akoko Edo towns.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by usibengate(m): 10:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
odigbosky:

My brother just ask any Yoruba person a simple question, where he or she comes from he will tell you from the Sky. U can tell of a race or a nation that knows nothing about his origin, but telling you about others, their Aborigine.

A simple question for the Yoruba, go asked His Majesty Ooni of Ife where his forefather Oduduwa which is also called Ekelederan is from?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 28, 2018
luvablesam:

Yu are obviously Yoruba n illiterate
you that u r literate y not educate him if he is wrong? Omo noba simply means son of d King in Benin.
And d first Oba is a Yoruba person from Ife #Fact

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
usibengate:

My brother just ask any Yoruba person a simple question, where he or she comes from he will tell you from the Sky. U can tell of a race or a nation that knows nothing about his origin, but telling you about people their Aborigine.

A simple question for the Yoruba, go asked His Majesty Ooni of Ife where is forefather Oduduwa which is also called Ekelederan from?

There is different between Oduduwa as a religion and d personified Oduduwa. The Christian religion believe God is d father of Jesus Christ, also that Jesus fed over 5000 with five fishes and he turned water to wine etc

So also Oduduwa as a religion is similar to that but Oduduwa as a person is a Yoruba King(Oba).

Nobody knows who Ekelederan was in Yoruba lands. if you ask Oni of Ife the questions you asked he will tell you "all life started in Ife"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by usibengate(m): 11:08pm On Apr 28, 2018
Seriously! Are you kidding me right now?

Onijagidijagan:

There is different between Oduduwa as a religion and d personified Oduduwa. The Christian religion believe God is d father of Jesus Christ, also that Jesus fed over 5000 with five fishes and he turned water to wine etc

So also Oduduwa as a religion is similar to that but Oduduwa as a person is a Yoruba King(Oba).

Nobody knows what Ekelederan is in Yoruba lands if you ask Oni of Ife the questions you asked he will tell you "all life started in Ife"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
zeni7:
Oduduwa was a stranger. Ask the Yorubas where he is from. No need 2 argue with them. Binis conquered and colonized them. They only make mouth because of help from the British who liberated Lagos and other places from Binis. The words Oba, Eko, Oduduwa were derived from the Bini language.

Ok, let me give u the answer. Oduduwa is Bini, he migrated 2 Ife and became d first Ooni. All the major kings (not the vilagers) in Western Nigeria including Lagos and large part of South South have Bini Origin.

U can argue with your keypad.
I m nt from Bini but I know the history.
Oduduwa isn't the first Ooni..there were many Oba before him which there names are lost in history. Obatala reigned before Oduduwa.

7 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Wealthandjobs: 11:15pm On Apr 28, 2018
Rex123:

You guys say shit, the Ooni has been to the bini Palace twice. The ọba is just returning the courtesy call.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Oduduwa isn't the first Ooni..there are many Oba before him which there names are lost in history. Obatala reigned before Oduduwa.

We are saying same thing. Obatala reigned before Oduduwa. Oduduwa ended the reign of Obatala and became the first Ooni.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by zoltan02(m): 11:19pm On Apr 28, 2018
For Benefit of Doubt, Please Read..........

Edo kingdomEdit

During the 15th century Benin was the first to receive foreign traders.The last Ogiso son who was to succeed his Father was banished from Edo and arrived in the Yoruba kingdom, crowned as their King, and titled the throne as Ilefe Izoduwa in Edo Language which was corrupted to Ile-ife Oduduwa in Yoruba. The Powerful Kingdom in Nigeria and first Empire recognized by foreign traders was (Ubini) Edo Kingdom. The Edo King captured many towns such as Eko which is now Lagos and also captured Ijebu and Edo Kingdom was stretched from Ijebu and Lagos to Republic of Darhomey which is now change to Republic of Benin. Respect for the priestly functions of the Oni of Ife was a crucial factor in the evolution of Yoruba ethnicity. The Ife model of government was adept and derived its military strength from its cavalry forces, which established hegemony over the adjacent Nupe and the Borgu kingdoms and thereby developed trade routes farther to the north.

Edoland established a community in the Yoruba-speaking area east of Ubini before becoming a dependency of Benin Kingdom at the beginning of the 14th century. By the 15th century it became an independent trading power, blocking Ife's access to the coastal ports as Oyo had cut off the mother city from the savanna. Political and religious authority resided in the oba (king) who according to tradition was descended from the Ogiso dynasty in Benin Kingdom. Benin, which may have housed much inhabitants at its height, spread over large square km that were enclosed by concentric rings of earthworks. By the late 15th century Edo Kingdom was in contact with Portugal who discovered an Empire of great men with civilization and resources (palm oil, ivory, cotton etc.) which was traded through a trade of import and export of natural resources which has been part of Edo culture. At its apogee in the 16th and 17th centuries, Edo encompassed parts of southeastern Yorubaland,and the western parts of the present Delta State.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by usibengate(m): 11:19pm On Apr 28, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Oduduwa isn't the first Ooni..there are many Oba before him which there names are lost in history. Obatala reigned before Oduduwa.

Guy stop lying against your culture and kings. We all know the story, of how the banished prince was made the king at Ife and how he gave birth to other princes in which Oronmiyan was the last of the all.

Even in the British library here, this version is that is on shelf

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 28, 2018
odigbosky:

1000 likes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by JIGHU(m): 11:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
You morons the Oba of Benin is paying a thank you visit to kings who honoured him with their presence at his coronation just as he visited Sultan and Buhari recently

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
usibengate:
Seriously! Are you kidding me right now?

Kidding as how? Yoruba's traditional belief suggested it came from the east or whatever but the real Oduduwa was a Yoruba king.
Oduduwa is not the only king depicted with religious narratives.

Ogun

Sango

Oya

Obatala

Orunmila

Oduduwa

They were all kings except Oya (A queen) depicted with many religious belief and narrative

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by JIGHU(m): 11:25pm On Apr 28, 2018
Chi59:

1000 likes

PLUS IFE is not and was never an empire.....just a small village that had no conquered territories

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 28, 2018
Chi59:

1000 likes
Read this history and Info from the official website of Edo palace immediately you will give him 20000 dislikes.
http://www.edoworld.net/Obas.html
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 28, 2018
JIGHU:

PLUS IFE is not and was never an empire.....just a small village that had no conquered territories
You're way a slopepoke? who lectured u that? all the Oba titles in Benin republic, Togo, Nigeria etc where did u think they came from?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
JIGHU:
You morons the Oba of Benin is paying a thank you visit to kings who honoured him with their presence at his coronation just as he visited Sultan and Buhari recently

The Oba of Benin visited Abuja, Sokoto, Auchi, Esan and now He is in Ife, but the Yorubas are seeing things differently. No need for insults, they just need to be guided.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (123) (Reply)

Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! / 55 Different Yoruba Hairstyles / The "REAL" Hausa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.