Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,782 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

"Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted (26778 Views)

Native Doctor Spotted Moving With Armed Security Men (Video) / Payment Of Ibedc Prepaid Meter On Gtworld / IBEDC Begins Deployment Of Distribution Transformer Meters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by lakeside3020(m): 7:05pm On Apr 29, 2018
We need to #Takeitback,f this country rom.this old wicked leaders,so I support Sowore for president.let #takeitback
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by expert234: 7:06pm On Apr 29, 2018
LibertyRep:
That's the way to go.
Enough is truly Enough.

Estimated Billing System is a monumental fraud and exploitation of the masses that should attract the attention of a corruption-fighting government.

Buhari isn't fighting corruption; he's only fighting opposition. Even buhariguy and madridguy know this, except they love to fool themselves.

1 Like

Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by expert234: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2018
vioment:
Light issue is the third biggest problem we have in Nigeria.

1) honesty or corruption;

2) education - if not we would have solved our light issues ourselves, we have most of the resources in africa.

3) Light - because since we cannot solve it ourselves for many years now, the people that know how to do it have been playing pito with us.

Fashola said, about 4 years ago, that a government that can't provide electricity is an irresponsible government.
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by TMemos: 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
Since the regulatory bodies have become inefficient, the people have decided to take their destiny into their hands
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Adedebar(m): 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
Fight for ur rite
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Preator: 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2018
An average disco like IBEDC will collect about 3.5 billion monthly from its customers.

They get billed about 5.5 billion from both NBET and market operator.

Of course they cant pay all, they pay about 2 billion to both MO and NBET and keep accruing interest on the balance( wch is at NIBOR + 4%)

They probably have a labour and maintenance fee of around 1billion monthly.
Leaves about 500 million give or take a few hundred millions.

They have to service the CBN loan they were forced to take monthly-another 300million gone(by the way, CBN didn't give them cash, just paid NBET, MO and gas suppliers part of what the discos owe.

Now an average single phase smart prepaid meter cost 40k
Estimated 1million customers for IBEDC will require 40billion to meter. Commercial banks won't grant such loans cos the discos are bad market( as at 2016, all of them have negative equity)

No foreign investor will bring his money to invest in such non-viable business.

The problem is why Ibadan will have around 1million customers( half of which are non-paying) when the 2006 census stated there are much more than that.

Until government mandates kyc for discos and penalize them for giving light to those without utility numbers as well as start jailing those who steal energy(50% of energy generated in Nigeria do not yield any cash: NERC website)

With the current trend, no stable light in Nigeria for the next 30yrs. By the way, it will be worse if government takes over. They have never been good at managing utilities

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by sapeleboi(m): 7:24pm On Apr 29, 2018
people living in that state rite now

Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
Very naughty and hilarious
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by barajo1(m): 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
The day this protest will start, I will be at forefront to say No to estimated billings.
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
Preator:
An average disco like IBEDC will collect about 3.5 billion monthly from its customers.

Of course they can pay all, they pay about 2 billion to both MO and NBET and keep accruing interest on the balance( wch is at NIBOR + 4%)

They have to service the CBN loan they were forced to take monthly-another 300million gone(by the way, CBN didn't give them cash, just paid NBET, MO and gas suppliers part of what the discos owe.

Estimated 1million customers for IBEDC will require 40billion to meter. Commercial banks won't grant such loans cos the discos are bad market( as at 2016, all of them have negative equity)

The problem is why Ibadan will have around 1million customers( half of which are non-paying) when the 2006 census stated there are much more than that.

Until government mandates kyc for discos and penalize them for giving light to those without utility numbers as well as start jailing those who steal energy(50% of energy generated in Nigeria do not yield any cash: NERC website)

With the current trend, no stable light in Nigeria for the next 30yrs. By the way, it will be worse if government takes over. They have never been good at managing utilities

Therein lies our problem.....good analysis.
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by BabaRamota1980: 7:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
Certain communities can get by the daily grind with just Co-Operatives.

These distribution companies do not generate power. They are resellers. They buy from power generating companies and transport over pre existing power lines and transformers and other infrastructures and then to the line drop at individual home. They add no value to the supply-chain.

Communities can set up CoOperatives and go into contract directly with the power generators thrmselves for wholesale consumption....and they turn around and retail to the residents in their communities. The profit is shared amongst members in the CoOp.
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
I support this
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Tajikia: 7:57pm On Apr 29, 2018
Since November 2013 when the discos were created less than 1million prepaid meters were installed annually out of over 20 million needed for the country. The NERC has 'agreed' with discos to bill consumers by the meters installed on their transformers. Discos thereafter bill consumers any amount that they think is favourable to them (the origin of the crazy bill). They must remember that from the service wire to the transformer the community, in most cases, paid and installed them and they are now discos asset. They are now getting dilapidated with little concern to repair or replace any on top of the crazy billings. The MAP (Meter Asset Provider ) scheme being recently concorted will take another year to mature. All: NERC,DISCOS,FMRP&H are cheating the people they claim to be serving. The Ogun State post is another warning and a good election material for me. The day will soon break.

1 Like

Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by idris4eva(m): 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2018
In my area we only use 1day light 1month bill

Good I persuade my mum to get the prepaid meter when it was easy to collect then
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by vioment: 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2018
expert234:

Fashola said, about 4 years ago, that a government that can't provide electricity is an irresponsible government.

He made sense then but he is not making sense now. Instead of him to be juicing the fg to invest in this critical infrastructure especially in the area of sourcing eg the power plants themselves and then transmission. He spends so much time in the transmission section while not having a reliable source. He should be going to schools and occasions to remind nigerians that electromagnetism, load balancing, combustion calculations and accessories, solar calculations, material making and uses etc are hindering us. As for now, we should just be buying them or fapping the know hows.
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by sommyfred(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2018
Thank God I av finally escaped from Nigeria atleast cameroon is far much better than Nigeria in terms of light 24/7 power supply. And security etc
I reserve my comment for buhari when I return
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by expert234: 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2018
vioment:

He made sense then but he is not making sense now. Instead of him to be juicing the fg to invest in this critical infrastructure especially in the area of sourcing eg the power plants themselves and then transmission. He spends so much time in the transmission section while not having a reliable source. He should be going to schools and occasions to remind nigerians that electromagnetism, load balancing, combustion calculations and accessories, solar calculations, material making and uses etc are hindering us. As for now, we should just be buying them or fapping the know hows.

How much do you know about power generation?
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by vioment: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
expert234:

How much do you know about power generation?

Quite enough to understand and operate various types of power sources except nuclear.

Still learning and understanding various set ups and configurations.

What about yourself?
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by expert234: 8:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
vioment:

Quite enough to understand and operate various types of power sources except nuclear.

Still learning and understanding various set ups and configurations.

What capacity of alternator can generate 1MW of electricity?
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by expert234: 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
sommyfred:
Thank God I av finally escaped from Nigeria atleast cameroon is far much better than Nigeria in terms of light 24/7 power supply. And security etc
I reserve my comment for buhari when I return

What of language barrier?
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by vioment: 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
expert234:

What capacity of alternator can generate 1MW of electricity?

Ask google and do your load calculations yourself. I tell you say I dey find work or say i wan write test. Free me abeg. We dey look as people go use coordinate for reliable and safe power supply. We need more inspiration to make us remove this shame.

If I need job and I go interview where them dey vet for their candidates, then i go answer to the best of my ability. Or if i set up more, cun dey hire people well, i go use the question.

Honestly, you can't judge my knowledge through basic question wey i fit just go ask google.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Mayour11(m): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
That's the truth, I am a witness of the gory experience. The community had to beat some of the IBEDC officials sef
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by 1sttruth: 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
Hmm and some fellas from that end will be here shouting, Since inception of Buhari regime, we have been having constant power supply, mtchewww
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by mrmattolanrewaju(m): 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
It's not funny @op

The exploitations of the people from these guys need to be called to order! Nigerians can not continue to pay for services that is not rendered.

But seriously after politicians, NEPA is another corrupt body eating up this nation. sad

I think attacking them from the pole wen they are about to disconnect wires will be our next strategy grin
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Makschinchin: 10:06pm On Apr 29, 2018
lonelydora:
With PhEDC i enjoy a minimum of 20 hours of light a day.

People, make sure you get prepaid meter and have peace

I dey tell you.. prepaid meter is the best. We don't have any business with "Nepa" men and "NEPA" bills grin

1 Like

Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Makschinchin: 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
alsudaes1:
It's painful paying for what you did not use

Fashola have so far disappointed so many people

Why the difficulty in enforcing the installation of prepaid meters by the Electricity Distribution Companies
Why are they ripping us off our hard earned money

Even though I am taxed, I pay for virtually everything I use except those gifted by God Almighty

From my own point of view, I guess they stopped distributing the prepaid meters because they saw the disadvantage it will cause them, i.e, no more exorbitant bills, no more "egunje" collection each time they come to Streets to cut light, etc.

It happened in my area, they were sharing the prepaid meters in our area, fortunately for us, they shared in out Street too. We asked the officials if the meter is going to reach all Lagos state and he assured us that it will even get to the whole of Nigeria before Feb 2016 (they gave us ours in Sept 2015). They gave each flat in my compound one prepaid meter and they also gave us an extra meter for our pumping machine (if you needed ten meters for your flat, they would gladly give you as far as they will all be reading grin )

To my greatest surprise, within few days, we stopped seeing them. They stopped sharing the meters. Since then till today, we haven't seen them with the meters. They didn't even share to all houses in my area not to talk of the whole Lagos state. We are just fortunate to have gotten ours before they stopped.

And honestly, we spend far lesser amount now than we did in the era of "NEPA" bills. No one bothers us about cutting our wires because of incomplete payment and all that. We don't have any business with those guys anymore. With the prepaid meters, you can recharge any amount anytime and turn off all switches when you're not home.

Like I said earlier, I guess they used their teeth to count their tongues. They realised they will lose more if prepaid meter is shared to all..

My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by omoiyalayi(m): 10:53pm On Apr 29, 2018
Useless PHCN

Even in abuja here we re not finding it funny

Useless AEDC

Give us meter dey will not

I think we should demand metering of every household from whoever want to be the next president of this country

The cheating is too much
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Welrez(m): 11:05pm On Apr 29, 2018
Trendy247:
In my community (Abak, Akwa Ibom State), we pay N2500 a month, and they give us light twice a month (I.e between 14th to 15th because they want to come and give bill, and between 26th to 28th because they want to come and collect their money)
No one in the community is talking, probably because they've bribed the village head.
No one is currently using prepaid meter in the whole L.G.A.

Please is it possible to buy and install prepaid meter when no one else is using it in the community?
Ditto Etinan axis!
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by olaade21: 11:06pm On Apr 29, 2018
Preator:

Of course they cant pay all, they pay about 2 billion to both MO and NBET and keep accruing interest on the balance( wch is at NIBOR + 4%)

Corruption PRO. Provide prepaid meters and leave fake propaganda. Assholes
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by pepereina: 11:59pm On Apr 29, 2018
Anie007:
"we can't be paying for darkness" got me. ��� grin cheesy
It's happening here in On do state, precisely Ugbe Akoko. We pay for darkness while our neighbor Semusemu and the environs enjoy light

1 Like

Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Dman00(m): 12:39am On Apr 30, 2018
same is happening in my area, we haven' got light since about 2 months ago they said some1 stole the transformer fuse and every house is just contributing and they said the fuse is 127k. God punish them bcs am damn sure they were the 1 who stole it
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by nathskib(f): 6:35am On Apr 30, 2018
MistadeRegal:
undecided
From Ibadan to Ogun State.... Something is fishy there....

Ibadan is the one controlling the south west I think. Not so sure about this. They made their complain to them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Biography- History, Age & Early Life / Nairaland Members You've Met Or Would Like To Meet / Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.