Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

"Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted (26777 Views)

Native Doctor Spotted Moving With Armed Security Men (Video) / Payment Of Ibedc Prepaid Meter On Gtworld / IBEDC Begins Deployment Of Distribution Transformer Meters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by MistadeRegal(m): 7:30am On Apr 30, 2018
nathskib:

Ibadan is the one controlling the south west I think. Not so sure about this. They made their complain to them

Maybe...
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 30, 2018
Makschinchin:

From my own point of view, I guess they stopped distributing the prepaid meters because they saw the disadvantage it will cause them, i.e, no more exorbitant bills, no more "egunje" collection each time they come to Streets to cut light, etc.

It happened in my area, they were sharing the prepaid meters in our area, fortunately for us, they shared in out Street too. We asked the officials if the meter is going to reach all Lagos state and he assured us that it will even get to the whole of Nigeria before Feb 2016 (they gave us ours in Sept 2015). They gave each flat in my compound one prepaid meter and they also gave us an extra meter for our pumping machine (if you needed ten meters for your flat, they would gladly give you as far as they will all be reading grin )

To my greatest surprise, within few days, we stopped seeing them. They stopped sharing the meters. Since then till today, we haven't seen them with the meters. They didn't even share to all houses in my area not to talk of the whole Lagos state. We are just fortunate to have gotten ours before they stopped.

And honestly, we spend far lesser amount now than we did in the era of "NEPA" bills. No one bothers us about cutting our wires because of incomplete payment and all that. We don't have any business with those guys anymore. With the prepaid meters, you can recharge any amount anytime and turn off all switches when you're not home.

Like I said earlier, I guess they used their teeth to count their tongues. They realised they will lose more if prepaid meter is shared to all..

My opinion.

Exactly.
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Preator: 8:55am On Apr 30, 2018
olaade21:

Corruption PRO. Provide prepaid meters and leave fake propaganda. Assholes
You certainly lack proper upbringing if you can call me an asshole for saying my opinion. Last I checked there is freedom of speech. So, the discos should get money from heaven to give you PPM then wait while "assholes" like you bypass the same meters?
Idiot
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Preator: 9:17am On Apr 30, 2018
Makschinchin:

From my own point of view, I guess they stopped distributing the prepaid meters because they saw the disadvantage it will cause them, i.e, no more exorbitant bills, no more "egunje" collection each time they come to Streets to cut light, etc.

It happened in my area, they were sharing the prepaid meters in our area, fortunately for us, they shared in out Street too. We asked the officials if the meter is going to reach all Lagos state and he assured us that it will even get to the whole of Nigeria before Feb 2016 (they gave us ours in Sept 2015). They gave each flat in my compound one prepaid meter and they also gave us an extra meter for our pumping machine (if you needed ten meters for your flat, they would gladly give you as far as they will all be reading grin )

To my greatest surprise, within few days, we stopped seeing them. They stopped sharing the meters. Since then till today, we haven't seen them with the meters. They didn't even share to all houses in my area not to talk of the whole Lagos state. We are just fortunate to have gotten ours before they stopped.

And honestly, we spend far lesser amount now than we did in the era of "NEPA" bills. No one bothers us about cutting our wires because of incomplete payment and all that. We don't have any business with those guys anymore. With the prepaid meters, you can recharge any amount anytime and turn off all switches when you're not home.

Like I said earlier, I guess they used their teeth to count their tongues. They realised they will lose more if prepaid meter is shared to all..

My opinion.
Of course discos know they will lose more from providing PPM. Its quite simple for everyone to see why. They can't bring estimated billing again. Let me explain how crazy billing works.

1. There are 100 houses in street A. 50 of them are registered while the other 50 are tapping illegally.
2. Out of the 50 registered, only 20 has meters and the are billed accordingly
3. The other registered 30(without meters) will get billed for the consumption of the tapping 50. If each house consumes 1unit each during a month:
A. Metered 20 gets billed 1 units each.
B. Tapping 50 gets nothing
C. The registered 30 without meters get billed 2.33 units each (70/30) cause the discos know the consumption based on the transformers serving an area.
D. The most easy way to reduce the crazy bill is to identify those tapping 50 to the discos (we did that in my area successfully though not all and the bill went down) so that more people can share the burden.

If the discos provide the registered 50 with PPM, who will bear the burden of the tapping 50 now?

So NERC must mandate that only those with utility number should use energy(like it was done in banking and telecoms)
Until then, solve your area issues by identifying energy thieves in your area to your disco or ask for bulk metering from your transformer and let the whole community share the bill(areas in Ibadan do that too)
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by buchasman(m): 9:21am On Apr 30, 2018
this guys don use lamp and charcoal iron tire
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Makschinchin: 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
Preator:

Of course discos know they will lose more from providing PPM. Its quite simple for everyone to see why. They can't bring estimated billing again. Let me explain how crazy billing works.

1. There are 100 houses in street A. 50 of them are registered while the other 50 are tapping illegally.
2. Out of the 50 registered, only 20 has meters and the are billed accordingly
3. The other registered 30(without meters) will get billed for the consumption of the tapping 50. If each house consumes 1unit each during a month:
A. Metered 20 gets billed 1 units each.
B. Tapping 50 gets nothing
C. The registered 30 without meters get billed 2.33 units each (70/30) cause the discos know the consumption based on the transformers serving an area.
D. The most easy way to reduce the crazy bill is to identify those tapping 50 to the discos (we did that in my area successfully though not all and the bill went down) so that more people can share the burden.

If the discos provide the registered 50 with PPM, who will bear the burden of the tapping 50 now?

So NERC must force mandate that only those with utility number should use energy(like it was done in banking and telecoms)
Until then, solve your area issues by identifying energy thieves in your area to your disco or ask for bulk metering from your transformer and let the whole community share the bill(areas in Ibadan do that too)

Cc: alsudaes1

1 Like

Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Preator: 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
By the way, I in no way support the estimated billing regime of the discos which is largely unfair as it foists the burden of their ineptitude at the upstanding citizens( registered customers who by no fault of theirs have no meter).
But it is still necessary that other views be sought especially the underlying issues.
If I spot you tapping light illegally in my area, I'll report you to the disco. I don't see why you should enjoy freely what I pay for. I also luckily have a meter in my house.
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by olaade21: 1:32am On May 01, 2018
Preator:

You certainly lack proper upbringing if you can call me an asshole for saying my opinion. Last I checked there is freedom of speech. So, the discos should get money from heaven to give you PPM then wait while "assholes" like you bypass the same meters?
Idiot

Says the paid internet rat. Opinion my foot.
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Hargbo(m): 9:56am On May 01, 2018
lonelydora:
With PhEDC i enjoy a minimum of 20 hours of light a day.

People, make sure you get prepaid meter and have peace
they are nt even releasing out Prepaid Meter
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by Preator: 1:24pm On May 01, 2018
olaade21:

Says the paid internet rat. Opinion my foot.
You really are an idiot. I didn't know that discos now pay people to comment online like politicians do. In case you don't know, they are virtual monopolies, they don't really care if you die of heart attack on their issue. If you think their services are untenable, get disconnected and use alternative sources.
Uncouth animal
Re: "Enough Is Enough To Ogun IBEDC" Poster Spotted by olaade21: 5:36pm On May 07, 2018
Preator:

You really are an idiot. I didn't know that discos now pay people to comment online like politicians do. In case you don't know, they are virtual monopolies, they don't really care if you die of heart attack on their issue. If you think their services are untenable, get disconnected and use alternative sources.
Uncouth animal

Mumu, they do and you are one of their paid pr rats. Olodo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Biography- History, Age & Early Life / Nairaland Members You've Met Or Would Like To Meet / Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.