Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice (1929 Views)

Marriage Advice Needed. No Insult Please / What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? / Please My Marriage ! Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by dtruth50: 3:55pm On Apr 29, 2018
Let me go straight to the point.
I'm intending to marry My fiancee next year but her mother is really troublesome which I'm really afraid of now. While my fiancee is opposite of her. she possessed everything I'm in need of in woman.
My question is "Is there any possibility that I will cross her mother's path in future that will lead her to show me her troublesome character?"
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by blackpanthar: 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
there is something called OMUGWO which women get from their mothers on their first DELIVERY... so YES you will cross PATHS o

BUT

the solution is to be on her good side now till that time... or to leave the country then she would not have to come.

either way NEVER be bullied by her attitude.

dtruth50:
Let me go straight to the point.
I'm intending to marry My fiancee next year but her mother is really troublesome which I'm really afraid of now. While my fiancee is opposite of her. she possessed everything I'm in need of in woman.
My question is "Is there any possibility that I will cross her mother's part in future that will lead her to show me her troublesome character?"

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by Olalan(m): 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
First how closely tied is your partner with her mother and how much influence does she wields over her? If the answer is very little or small you need not to worry, but still you have to be very diplomatic answer smartnwhile dealing with her as she surely would spend some time in your home.
Wishing you all the best in your union

1 Like

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by okenwa(m): 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2018
The daughter has what you need and not the mother.

Advice:
1. Go ahead with the marriage
2. Draw a good plans to limit the closeness of the mom in your family.
3. Let her come around for OMUGWO however she should not overstay her welcome
4. Find out the source of the mother's anger.(and avoid it)

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by dtruth50: 4:12pm On Apr 29, 2018
blackpanthar:
there is something called OMUGWO which women get from their mothers on their first DELIVERY... so YES you will cross PATHS o

BUT

the solution is to be on her good side now till that time... or to leave the country then she would not have to come.

either way NEVER be bullied by her attitude.

thanks but if it is for Omugwo, I will take my wife to my mother's place when she give birth
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by whitebeard(m): 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2018
Yes u will cross paths.. My dad's mum didn't like my mum until recently... But I advise u have ur mum come over to ur house rather than u taking it wife to ur mum's place in order not to make breeding grounds for problem..treat ur wife's mum as ur mum...u passed through the rebel age na..if she is giving u too much headache just ignore her..!

1 Like

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2018
Do you want to marry the mother or the girl ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by dtruth50: 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2018
chivera018:
Do you want to marry the mother or the girl ?
the girl of course
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
dtruth50:
the girl of course
the mother should not be the reason why you should not to marry her.

4 Likes

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by dtruth50: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
chivera018:
the mother should not be the reason why you should not to marry her.
while, I pray so
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2018
dtruth50:
while, I pray so
I hope and pray that there would be no problem in your marriage in the future.

5 Likes

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by dtruth50: 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
chivera018:
I hope and pray that there would be no problem in your marriage in the future.
Amen. Thanks so Plenty and same to yours

1 Like

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by Katier00(f): 7:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
What do you mean by troublesome? Pls go ahead and marry your girl . treat her mum with respect and like your mum. Define the rules that will govern your home and don't let tolerate third party inference. Invite her when there is need make her feel at home. Above all make money so that you won't have to go to her for any financial assistance or otherwise
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by peacengine(m): 8:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
The girl has a mother but you are already planning to take her to your mother's place for omugwo, knowing fully that there are somethings your mother will not agree to do for her but her own will do without quarrel. Guy, you are playing with trouble. Ask your wife what she prefers before making such decision. I don't think there's anything your MIL will do that you can't handle maturely.

3 Likes

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by dtruth50: 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
peacengine:
The girl has a mother but you are already planning to take her to your mother's place for omugwo, knowing fully that there are somethings your mother will not agree to do for her but her own will do without quarrel. Guy, you are playing with trouble. Ask your wife what she prefers before making such decision. I don't think there's anything your MIL will do that you can't handle maturely.
that's how we do it here
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by JoannaSedley(f): 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
dtruth50:
thanks but if it is for Omugwo, I will take my wife to my mother's place when she give birth
You will take her to your mum's place after giving birth when she need her own mother the most.? This wife of yours don't she have a brain to handle herself and her mother. You will take her to your Mum without her consent to prevent her from relating with her mum just because you are not a full fledged man to handle your mother in law. What the fvxk are you smoking.?
For your mind you believes that your wife will be more comfortable with your mum than hers when she never had any issues with her own mother to begin with. .
Whatever the hell you are smoking just stop it and relate with your in law as a respectful adult.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by JoannaSedley(f): 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2018
dtruth50:
that's how we do it here
You neva marry you don dey breathe fire and brimstone. Don't worry your wife will tell what she like to do about herself except you no love the girl at all. Imagine planning to remove the greatest cushion the girl has during one of the most vulnerable time in her life because you believed that her mother is troublesome. Wait until she defines your own mother in her own terms when you think your mum is a saint.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 29, 2018
You've not started the marriage but you've used your hands to scatter it.. Just don't sell expensive asoebi cos na the party guests I pity.. How do you intend to separate a girl from her mother?? . undecided

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by dtruth50: 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2018
JoannaSedley:
You will take her to your mum's place after giving birth when she need her own mother the most.? This wife of yours don't she have a brain to handle herself and her mother. You will take her to your Mum without her consent to prevent her from relating with her mum just because you are not a full fledged man to handle your mother in law. What the fvxk are you smoking.?
For your mind you believes that your wife will be more comfortable with your mum than hers when she never had any issues with her own mother to begin with. .
Whatever the hell you are smoking just stop it and relate with your in law as a respectful adult.
thank for ur contribution but i didn't smoke anything. just that i don't like to associate with her mother that much
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by dtruth50: 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2018
yettymuse:
You've not started the marriage but you've used your hands to scatter it.. Just don't sell expensive asoebi cos na the party guests I pity.. How do you intend to separate a girl from her mother?? . undecided
I don't have an intention of separating her with her mom but i'm just afraid of that woman attitude
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by dtruth50: 10:33pm On Apr 29, 2018
JoannaSedley:
You neva marry you don dey breathe fire and brimstone. Don't worry your wife will tell what she like to do about herself except you no love the girl at all. Imagine planning to remove the greatest cushion the girl has during one of the most vulnerable time in her life because you believed that her mother is troublesome. Wait until she defines your own mother in her own terms when you think your mum is a saint.
my mom is not a saint but she is much better than her mom
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by JoannaSedley(f): 5:15am On Apr 30, 2018
dtruth50:
my mom is not a saint but she is much better than her mom
This is a grossly childish sentence from an adult who is about to get married.

5 Likes

Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 30, 2018
Dude,

Couple of questions for you :

1) how much influence does her mother have over her daughter ?

2) on a scale of 1-10 how detrimental is the aforementioned influence to your ability to take charge over your relationship and your home ?

Forget about any sentimental reasoning you have read here tho valid nonetheless but might not be suitable to your case .

You haven't provided enough information on her mother to be honest .

However it's a common theme for a married man to be put under pressure from your in laws regarding certain matters . But let's stick to the topic at hand .

I'm wondering what trouble specifically she has caused or why you sense that she's troublesome ?

Also isn't the mother married ? Where's her father ?

Perhaps if you answered these questions ...you would get better responses here .

But from experience when it comes to mother in law's there are certain things that occur ?

1) if the lady is last girl of the house or last child be prepared to be expected to treated as a friendly enemy should things go wrong .

2) whatever you start with your mother in-law be prepared to keep on doing it till the kingdom come .

3) often when the parents your spouse are divorced and the woman does not have a viable and ever expanding business ...chances are it's a two for one package . Good if she's a lovely person ...not so if she is belligerent .

4) everything goes well between you and your in-laws at the start the carry you up and celebrate you ...at the slightest hint of trouble or the day you can not meet up with their demands ...it's all arsenal and Wenger .

5) don't let her status in church fool you either .

Even with all these things could still go well but as my clients landlord once said ," money will solve any family problem " .
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by dtruth50: 10:15am On Apr 30, 2018
tobianthony:
Dude,

Couple of questions for you :

1) how much influence does her mother have over her daughter ?

2) on a scale of 1-10 how detrimental is the aforementioned influence to your ability to take charge over your relationship and your home ?

Forget about any sentimental reasoning you have read here tho valid nonetheless but might not be suitable to your case .

You haven't provided enough information on her mother to be honest .

However it's a common theme for a married man to be put under pressure from your in laws regarding certain matters . But let's stick to the topic at hand .

I'm wondering what trouble specifically she has caused or why you sense that she's troublesome ?

Her Husband is late now.
My fiancee is her last born which she cherish so much.
she told me dt when she was in sec sch, her mother followed her to sch to quarrel with her teacher just bcs he punished her.
There are many things she does whch i can't mention now
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by dacool1(m): 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
it's your decision to make but this Yoruba adage which says; iyawo buruku shey ni ano buruku.....
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 30, 2018
dtruth50:
Her Husband is late now.
My fiancee is her last born which she cherish so much.
she told me dt when she was in sec sch, her mother followed her to sch to quarrel with her teacher just bcs he punished her.
There are many things she does whch i can't mention now

Just as I suspected ...just as I feared .

You are right not to expose those things here .

Send me a pm if you wish to talk or better yet do it here .

Only thing I will say is this ...if you cannot exercise control over your relationship overtly and covertly as the case commands ...things will get difficult .

The concern here is not her mother's belligerent nature but your ability to control your relationship .

See buktayne's post on genuine desire it's here on the family section somewhere .

I was in your shoes years ago ...

I know how it feels ...but the problem was me not so much as her .

It's never to late to change .

One thing is for sure if you catch yourself feeling drained after every encounter with this woman ...and you feel like you can take it for the rest of your life a la Jesus Christ on the cross ....I think you should be careful .
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by ImaIma1(f): 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
Don't over familiarize with her. Maintain a safe distance. When she talks to you, give her short answers. Don't talk too much. So that she won't have any reason to quarrel and she will learn to respect you and give you
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by grafixdon: 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2018
How certain are you that your fiancee is opposite of her mother, don't be fool by her character until you put her under your roof.

She has been living with her mother ever since she's born. Subconsciously she must have learnt some evil behaviors from her mother. If you love yourself, let that gal go.
Re: I'm In Need Of Marriage Advice by baby124: 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
Your inlaws are as important as you wife/husband in marriage. Imagine where she will get advise from when you have issues.

(1) (Reply)

. / My Mum Want me To Marry My Cousin Husband Because Of Money / Please I'm At A Crossroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.