Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (802485 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MzPearl1914: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
Alphadoor:

is this the geology guy?
Congrats mates
You have a made a wise choice, may the land favor you abundantly

To everyone,
Allow me to reiterate my views on visa 489 once again.
Its not a terrible visa as the general notion always imply.
Its a very good path to PR

The questions you have to ask yourself are

what other choices are available for you?
how much time do you have to decide?
why do you need to relocate?

For visa 489 holders you can always get Insurance.
Depending on your family size and options needed prices are from AUD70/month

While all hope was lost for 189 in December 2017, I applied for 489 to SA and i was nominated in January.

Hello, I would love to apply for either the 190 state or 489 state visa to Australia, but my bone of contention is that I do not have any family or friends at all in the country. Could you please provide helpful tips as to what steps to take as soon as landing in the airport, to getting a modest accommodation relative to a middle class first timer immigrant, as well as securing a job.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

TIA
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DIVFAVOR(m): 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
catchdwind4rmkd:
Too easy boss!

100% positive assessment as a Chemical Engineer with such a profile... and it's assessed by Engineers Australia

Depending on how you package your application and the evidence submitted in support of your experience, your 5 years as a Materials and Planning Engineer would also be recognised as a related occupation coz Materials and Chemical are under the same ANZSCO 233*** (233111 and 233112).

Best wishes.

Thank you so much.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MzPearl1914: 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hello, I would love to apply for either the 190 state or 489 state visa to Australia, but my bone of contention is that I do not have any family or friends at all in the country. Could you please provide helpful tips as to what steps to take as soon as landing in the airport, to getting a modest accommodation relative to a middle class first timer immigrant, as well as securing a job.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Rapture07: 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
sokem:
I must say that this platform has equipped me with many information. Please i need your advice. I am planning to send my credentials for assessment but i'm confused. I have Bsc Mass Communication (4 year course) from a Private University and Msc in Human Resources Management from a UK University. I have 8 years work experience in Human Resources and i plan to apply for NT SUBCLASS 489 visa-Human Resources Adviser (This is the only option i found to be relevant to my present job role). Do you think my first degree could affect the assessment. I also have a professional qualification (Chartered Institute of Personnel Management Nigeria). Will it add to my assessment.

Include ur msc sir i think that may equate it to an aqf bsc. I guess others here can give better advice

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
MzPearl1914:

Don't you think you are putting the cart before the horse?

You have actually not provided any information or said anything to help you.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Rapture07: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
MzPearl1914:

Kindly refer to page 0 for info on visa class 190 and 489 for tips on job and accommodation, airport stuffs, there is a thread dedicated in the travel section of nairaland, kindly see that to
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
@Sokem,

Adding your MSc will give you the positive advantage to a successful assessment. Is the MSc before your experience?

Why not try Canada in between because it takes at least 7 months for NT to assess application going by previous record.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by qixxy: 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
Mcslize:

Of course your accessing body will inform you if there is any delay from your school responding to their request. If that happens, then it will require you to push some button to hasten things up.

Thank a lot. Your reply was what I was praying for. cheesy
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by qixxy: 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
Please guys don't send me back to 0 for this question oo. I have been searching and can't find anything on it.

Does my spouse's profession have to be on the MLTSSL list?

Can it be from the STSOL list?

I want to apply for 189
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
qixxy:
Please guys don't send me back to 0 for this question oo. I have been searching and can't find anything on it.

Does my spouse's profession have to be on the MLTSSL list?

Can it be from the STSOL list?

I want to apply for 189

Your spouse's occupation must be on the same list as the occupation you nominate.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by paschakarorji: 6:23am On Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone,
Please i need someone to help me out on this, my brother just got positive assessment on his bachelor's degree in Estate management, also he got positive assessment of 4.1 years work experience as a valuer. In the assessment letter, VITASSESS also recognized and assessed positively his masters degree in project management acquired from UK. Given that he will get 15 points from his bachelors degree, will he also get additional 10 points from his Masters degree?? Note that his nominated occupation is valuer.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 7:08am On Jun 12, 2018
paschakarorji:

Hello everyone,
Please i need someone to help me out on this, my brother just got positive assessment on his bachelor's degree in Estate management, also he got positive assessment of 4.1 years work experience as a valuer. In the assessment letter, VITASSESS also recognized and assessed positively his masters degree in project management acquired from UK. Given that he will get 15 points from his bachelors degree, will he also get additional 10 points from his Masters degree?? Note that his nominated occupation is valuer.

Do you people read the thread at all? Someone already answered you when you first asked, you are here asking the same question again.

Now, go back and read the response and reread the opening page.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by sokem: 7:18am On Jun 12, 2018
@ Rapture07. Thank you. I appreciate you response. This has cleared some doubts in my mind.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by sokem: 7:21am On Jun 12, 2018
@bellong, thank you. I appreciate your help. Yes the Msc is before my work experience. I will sure try Canada as well.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jones2014: 8:56am On Jun 12, 2018
Sir bellong, good AM. Please I need ur input on this, just clocked 2 years in a company i work and d experience is very relevant to my PR dreams. i get paid in cash, so i am asking my boss to sign a salary certificate to cover ds period, will this work for vetassess? Secondly do i hv to show my own tax document or i can use d company own? I ll appreciate ur feedback, Thanks Sir.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mummytutu: 11:04am On Jun 12, 2018
Good day Guys,
Please any Legal practitioner in the house? clarification on Assessment needed.

Thanks.
........and thank you to all contributors on the thread.great job smiley
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 12, 2018
bellong:

Your spouse's occupation must be on the same list as the occupation you nominate.

@bellong: This is of you are claiming partner points right?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Sylverkachi: 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
Yes
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Sylverkachi: 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2018
Misoke:

@bellong: This is of you are claiming partner points right?
Yes
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trastar(f): 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
Your chances are better with Canada, honestly. Especially with your Msc.

sokem:
I must say that this platform has equipped me with many information. Please i need your advice. I am planning to send my credentials for assessment but i'm confused. I have Bsc Mass Communication (4 year course) from a Private University and Msc in Human Resources Management from a UK University. I have 8 years work experience in Human Resources and i plan to apply for NT SUBCLASS 489 visa-Human Resources Adviser (This is the only option i found to be relevant to my present job role). Do you think my first degree could affect the assessment. I also have a professional qualification (Chartered Institute of Personnel Management Nigeria). Will it add to my assessment.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by amazingraze: 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
They accept both general and academic
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Rapture07: 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
Guys is it possible to use one itles result to apply for both Australian and Canadian migration programme
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Orofun1: 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
Yes, your IELTS result is not addressed to any particular organisation
Rapture07:
Guys is it possible to use one itles result to apply for both Australian and Canadian migration programme
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by feelzee: 6:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
Orofun1:
Yes, your IELTS result is not addressed to any particular organisation
please I also need clarification if Australian PR also accept IELTS general as I saw on an accessing bodies website that it should be academic and I know Canadian PR is strictly general. Please clarify.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by amazingraze: 10:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
feelzee:
please I also need clarification if Australian PR also accept IELTS general as I saw on an accessing bodies website that it should be academic and I know Canadian PR is strictly general. Please clarify.

They accept both general and academic
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
jones2014:
Sir bellong, good AM. Please I need ur input on this, just clocked 2 years in a company i work and d experience is very relevant to my PR dreams. i get paid in cash, so i am asking my boss to sign a salary certificate to cover ds period, will this work for vetassess? Secondly do i hv to show my own tax document or i can use d company own? I ll appreciate ur feedback, Thanks Sir.

Yes, he can create payslip for you.

It is your own tax document that is needed.

@Misoke,

Yes
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Techengine: 6:28am On Jun 13, 2018
Hello all seniors @bellong.....

Please is it possible to add my fiancee (would do court wedding) after submitting my 489 visa but before grant?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by manga5: 6:35am On Jun 13, 2018
Techengine:
Hello all seniors @bellong.....

Please is it possible to add my fiancee (would do court wedding) after submitting my 489 visa but before grant?

Yes,
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hollie2605: 7:14am On Jun 13, 2018
Hello everyone,

If you need any transactions done in AUD and your in Nigeria; Austransaction is the way to go. Am not in anyway related to him just a satistifoed customer. Good business communication and you can trust it is safe. Just thought to give feedback.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jones2014: 7:36am On Jun 13, 2018
bellong:

Yes, he can create payslip for you.

It is your own tax document that is needed.

@Misoke,

Yes
bless u bro, enjoy ur day
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by sokem: 9:21am On Jun 13, 2018
@ trastar: Thank you for taking time to respond. Thanks for your help. I will sure try Canada as well.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by odundimple: 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2018
Pls i need your advise on the best way to go about this, i need to be to able to claim as much points i can get for my working experience:
i studied computer science and graduated from a federal polytechnic in 2002 , i had 1 year IT in 2003/2004, did direct entry into federal university to study computer science, after 200L we had SIWES prog in 2005(its like an IT prog) for 3 months, in 300l in 2006, we had another 3 months IT, in 400L in 2007 we had 6 months IT and then graduated in 2008, went to serve in 2009. i am currently working with an ICT company since 2012 to date.

With the possibility of ACS deducting 2 yrs from the experience, relying only on my experience in my current place of work might not give me the required points i need to get an ITA, not even with the competition with the prorata occupations.

i cant get reference letters from those places i did IT and wasn't even paid for all the periods i did the IT progs but i spoke to a senior friend who has event management company about giving me a reference that will cover for all those IT periods before 2012 when i started working with my current company, and she has agreed to it.

The issue is i dont have any other proof to back this up except for the reference letter she will give me. Pls how do you think i shld handle this given i need all the points i can claim for work experience?

Hope having all the experience in one letterhead will not look scattered cos the periods are not back-to-back? for e.g 1st IT after my ND is 2003/2004, 2nd 3months IT is 2005, 3rd 3months IT is 2006, 4th 6months IT is 2007, then NYSC and post is 2009 - 2012.

Also, i have been reading that its possible to write IT experiences while in school as part time jobs, how true is ds pls?

Your candid advise will be appreciated, Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.