Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:11 PM

My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life (7522 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / Scottish Lady Recounts Her Encounter With A Nigerian Toilet Attendant (photos) / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 12:17am On Apr 30, 2018
This happened to me two days ago on my way to Iyana Ipaja.

I was in a bus yesterday when I espied a "Galla" seller in the distance, manoeuvring his way through traffic. A driver in a blue camry had motioned him. Instead of waiting for the hawker to reach him, the cab driver increased his speed- fast enough to make the hawker start running to reach him.

The "Gala boy" kept on chasing him, hoping somehow, he would reach him and make a sale.

A trailer ahead caused the driver to slow down. Just then, the hawker reached him and lowered his carton of gala in fron of him.

Instead of picking one and paying immediately, the driver decided to pick one then dropping it immediately to pick up another. He continued this way, picking one up, squeezing it, and dropping it again.

Finally, he picked one up, examined it for a while—and just when I tthought he would pay—he dropped it and zoom of.

The hawker couldn't believe what had just happened. He stood there like a statue, carton of gala in hand. I could tell from a distance that he wasn't happy.

The blare of a bus coming behind startled him back to consciousness.

I alighted from the bus, crossed to the other side of the road, and headed towards his direction. I slowed down my pace when I spotted him from afar heading towards me. He was about to walk past me when I stopped him.

"Guy how far, Give me four Gala there," I said.

"Which type bros, " he replied calmly, setting his carton of Gala on his thigh"

"Normal Gala guy," I replied, handing him a neat N200 naira note.

" Thanks," he said, his frown transformed into a smile as he raised the carton and balanced it on his strong shoulders.

"No probs guys." I said.

After a few steps, I turned around and saw him selling to another customer. I smiled, crossed to the other side and boarded another bus.

Life is not that HARD, yet we make it HARD via our actions.

Do something that will make someone smile today. Look for someone around you who is feeling down, and say something to life them up.

Look for that person in your life that you have been having issues with. Forgive them or apologise--then MOVE ON.

Life is too short to be keeping malice.
Make someone happy today.

Sorry no pictures or video. There was no reason to snap the guy.

Source: XXtedyxxx.

cc lalasticlala ; Seun : Ishilove

cc mynd44

154 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by 2horsePOWER(m): 12:31am On Apr 30, 2018
OP na Alamu

6 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by WaleGent(m): 12:32am On Apr 30, 2018
God Bless you for your kind gesture

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 30, 2018
Touching indeed! I felt his frustration here. It is not easy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by potent5(m): 2:03am On Apr 30, 2018
Well...
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by isacolukay(m): 4:53am On Apr 30, 2018
2horsePOWER:
AYE LE O! angry
IBOSI OOOOO
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by terrezo2002(m): 6:35am On Apr 30, 2018
The OP is a human being. Some people are not humans. They have little or no human sympathy.
Some will even collect the gala and then collect their change and make the seller to run another 50meters before collecting his money.
The golden rule says "Do unto others what you want others to do unto you"

34 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by sheggsliveth: 6:35am On Apr 30, 2018
isacolukay:

IBOSI OOOOO

Thanks bro, sometimes its cost someone nothing to put smiles on another person face...so do good so that good will follow you.

4 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by symbianDON(m): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2018
God bless your good heart @op......if only half our leaders were this caring and kind hearted...instead ALL of them are like the guy in the blue Camry, testing our patience and toying with our emotions!

10 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by partnerbiz4: 6:58am On Apr 30, 2018
Eiyaa, touching....

Surviving in this country isn't easy...

2 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Margy: 7:37am On Apr 30, 2018
#accolades

if you see what people do to survive ehhh.. my Lord!!
as we meet different people every day, let us always show kindness... it goes a very long way.

8 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Yewandequeen(f): 7:57am On Apr 30, 2018
Something similar happened to me yesterday.

I was returning from salon yesterday when a man stopped our taxi, he told the driver he should help him to next bus stop that he doesn't have money(the man really needed help, he looked famished and exhausted). I was quite tired and all my thoughts were focused on rushing to go resume work just the moment I told the driver carry the man he zoomed off. I was so pissed I was shouting that he shout carry him i wouls pay but all turned to deaf ears all. He actually thought I told him to carry the stranger for free. I was so pissed that how could I have asked u to carry someone and you would think I wouldn't pay you. Felt like going back but was late for work.

It got me thinking, that we make life harder for ourselves than the harsh conditions already existing. What will it cost you to help your fellow man when you see them desperately in need which you can offer without a sweat?

Really humans are evil.

28 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by rex444(m): 8:40am On Apr 30, 2018
That driver is a lazy naija ...he doesn't deserve any accolade
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by simplebb: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2018
God bless your good heart @op Life is simple, we humans make it complicated and difficult. we all must learn from this.

3 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by koolaid87: 9:33am On Apr 30, 2018
Crazy society

We'll have to beg mods to push this to fp. If na tonto dike now, fp ni st8.

Crazy people

OP, God bless you for your kind gesture.

2 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by dunsin125: 10:04am On Apr 30, 2018
Waoh....... God bless you OP
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Akinbahm(m): 10:08am On Apr 30, 2018
Nigeria hidden motto: Nothing good comes out easily u must suffer directly or indirectly based on ur challenges...
Nigeria I personally hail thee

2 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by tegamarro(m): 10:56am On Apr 30, 2018
God bless you blood for putting a smile on someone's face I always say this to do good or make some happy actually costs us nothing help someone today life would be a better place.

1 Like

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by oyekanwahab(m): 11:07am On Apr 30, 2018
God bless you for putting smile on his face
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Viserion: 11:19am On Apr 30, 2018
the man deserves this

2 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Hhenryy: 11:57am On Apr 30, 2018
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 1:23pm On Apr 30, 2018
cc lalasticlala
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by Holywizard: 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
Many years ago when I was coming back from lectures there was this young sachet water hawker that was trying to rush to some group of students at our back but Lo and behold, his basket of sachet water fell from head and many busted.He started crying heavily and I was so moved because he might be staying with a guardian meaning he may see hell at home. I gave him a #200 note and he stopped crying. Since that day we became friends. He once came to my lodge and I gave him food.
God bless all the kind hearted men on earth

27 Likes

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by prisiluv(f): 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2018
The world is designed in such a way, that whatever you do, good or bad, comes back to you in multiple folds. The interesting part is that you don't even need to believe in the authenticity of this "law" to have it's effect in your life... Never get tired of doing good. For in due season...
Nice one @ OP

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 3:43pm On Apr 30, 2018
prisiluv:
The world is designed in such a way, that whatever you do, good or bad, comes back to you in multiple folds. The interesting part is that you don't even need to believe in the authenticity of this "law" to have it's effect in your life... Never get tired of doing good. For in due season...
Nice one @ OP

True Talk.

I love this.

1 Like

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
tegamarro:
God bless you blood for putting a smile on someone's face I always say this to do good or make some happy actually costs us nothing help someone today life would be a better place.

word....nice

cc: lalasticlala
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
simplebb:
God bless your good heart @op
Life is simple, we humans make it complicated and difficult.
we all must learn from this.

You have said it all Bro.

1 Like

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by presidential: 9:15pm On Apr 30, 2018
Our action and inaction determine the kind of Nation and society we get. We abuse our leaders and accuse them of being the cause of our challenges, but we forgot that leaders are recruited from among the followers.

The wicked, abusive, inconsiderate, ethnic and religious bigot we see today as a follower, will one day be a leader and the cycle continues.

We must make effort to be good human beings for the world to be a better place. Nigeria is what it is today because of we The people.
Stop pointing fingers at others and try to make your Society better yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by YorubaAssasin: 10:25pm On Apr 30, 2018
God bless you, my guy!

We as a people have a problem NOT necessarily our leaders or government. We're all the same! Just imagine such behavior over an ordinary gala. cry undecided

1 Like

Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by AyamConfidence(m): 10:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
prisiluv:
Nice one @ OP
the exact truth

That's why I try to live by the Golden rule....."all things that you want men to do to you, this you must also do to them"

Most people do not understand this....I love this comment
Re: My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:43am On May 01, 2018
True talk my brother. @AyamConfidence

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Move To Sweden And Become A Swedish Citizen / Please Advise Me Which Country Can I Start A Good Hustle / Europe's First Underwater Restaurant Opened In Norway (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.