Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Boko Haram: Nigeria Did Not Get Required Support From Obama – Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Nigeria Did Not Get Required Support From Obama – Presidency (8976 Views)

Oshiomhole’s Camp Switches Support From Ize-iyamu To Obazee / Boko Haram:Nigeria Police To Replace Military In Fight Against Insurgency . / Boko Haram: Nigeria Appeals For Earlier Delivery Of Tucano Aircraft By U.S. Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Did Not Get Required Support From Obama – Presidency by aloeman15(m): 2:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
blackpanda:
What a load of horsecrap. Even jonathan himself knew he was dumb
and useless. How can a President open his mouth to support "common
stealing" and u think US will support such a corrupt individual Stop
dreaming. Jonathan has no one to blame but himself
sir,
kindly pick up a dictionary to discover the difference between stealing and corruption- a statement made by a former cjn.
if you lack access to a dictionary, Google is your friend.
Tnx sir.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Did Not Get Required Support From Obama – Presidency by blackpanda: 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2018
aloeman15:
sir,
kindly pick up a dictionary to discover the difference between stealing and corruption- a statement made by a former cjn.
if you lack access to a dictionary, Google is your friend.
Tnx sir.

Kindly visit the nearest psychiatric home
You need urgent help

thank you, sir
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Did Not Get Required Support From Obama – Presidency by ojlifa: 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
God has nothing to do with it.Nigeria need patriotic people running it,nothing happens in Nigeria that Nigerians cant solve equally that Nigerians are not involved

CofOLandOfPeace:

I think NIGERIA needs to have a sober reflection to get to the root of all these killing evils and ask God to forgive and guide us. Enough of this blood cleansing here and there,.

Check my signature in blue below and contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Did Not Get Required Support From Obama – Presidency by realborn(m): 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
Saintmary:

Those people won't lift a finger until the sitting Nigerian president meets their demands. And for all we know, given the incumbent president's disposition, he could be pushing his personal or regional ambitions!

I concur absolutely!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Did Not Get Required Support From Obama – Presidency by gameaddict(m): 7:15pm On May 06, 2018
ojlifa:
who told you Nigeria need forgiveness for a national interest decision.so we should side one religion against another abi ??

If you remember, Trump’s ambassador to the UN threatened nations that didn’t support their vote with withdrawal of aid. That is what I was making reference to.

We may not need it but Trump’s number one interest isn’t our national interest, it’s his country’s and their policies.

So my thinking is one way or the other, Buhari’s team was trying to win him over - and if it ever came to that, get him in the mood to forgive the vote and negotiate over supporting such policies or worst come to worst, explain why they couldn’t and won’t support. It’s normal diplomacy.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Did Not Get Required Support From Obama – Presidency by ojlifa: 10:23am On May 11, 2018
first of all the aid given ,i dear say is pea nut for Nigeria especially when we do not need it,in fact if you look at the aid properly you quickly discover that the aid in itself is designed to help american business as some kind of subsidy to allow them sell things like vaccines .

Secondly it is the duty of Trump to worry about American interest while it is the duty of Buhari to worry about Nigerian interest,we work together when our interest ally and take different sides when our interest defer. eg when america bombed Libya ,Nigerian went along rather than looking out for its interest ,today all the weapon in Libya are now what are been used to kill Nigerians.if we had refused Americas request then Nigerians wouldn't have been dying now.so my brother the hole idea of diplomacy is the ability to look out for the interest of your people

gameaddict:

If you remember, Trump’s ambassador to the UN threatened nations that didn’t support their vote with withdrawal of aid. That is what I was making reference to.

We may not need it but Trump’s number one interest isn’t our national interest, it’s his country’s and their policies.

So my thinking is one way or the other, Buhari’s team was trying to win him over - and if it ever came to that, get him in the mood to forgive the vote and negotiate over supporting such policies or worst come to worst, explain why they couldn’t and won’t support. It’s normal diplomacy.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Did Not Get Required Support From Obama – Presidency by gameaddict(m): 9:03pm On May 11, 2018
ojlifa:
first of all the aid given ,i dear say is pea nut for Nigeria especially when we do not need it,in fact if you look at the aid properly you quickly discover that the aid in itself is designed to help american business as some kind of subsidy to allow them sell things like vaccines .

Secondly it is the duty of Trump to worry about American interest while it is the duty of Buhari to worry about Nigerian interest,we work together when our interest ally and take different sides when our interest defer. eg when america bombed Libya ,Nigerian went along rather than looking out for its interest ,today all the weapon in Libya are now what are been used to kill Nigerians.if we had refused Americas request then Nigerians wouldn't have been dying now.so my brother the hole idea of diplomacy is the ability to look out for the interest of your people

I wouldn’t call any aid peanuts, especially since some of them go towards helping the underserved. And sometimes, there are transfers of knowledge and technical capacity associated with it.

I also don’t know how you decided that we don’t need their aid - maybe you need to see the remote areas of Nigeria to see how people are impacted by aid efforts especially those ignored by our leaders.

Sure, it helps American businesses but the core questions involve whether lives are being impacted positively and whether we want to and can do it ourselves.

As to the outcome of diplomacy especially with regards to Libya, that’s a discussion for another day.

I’m just looking at the rationale behind their comments on the Obama administration and given the state of affairs, I’m still certain that the comments were aimed at winning Trump over.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigeria Did Not Get Required Support From Obama – Presidency by ojlifa: 1:52pm On May 12, 2018
name one aid that helps you,is it does from sorrors that is designed to change government to there suiting,or those that are designed to encourage gay-ism claiming human right or let me guess it should be bill gates own which is design to bring in G.M.Os .my friend you here the good talk,you actually think the white man likes you.you better wake up fast

gameaddict:

I wouldn’t call any aid peanuts, especially since some of them go towards helping the underserved. And sometimes, there are transfers of knowledge and technical capacity associated with it.

I also don’t know how you decided that we don’t need their aid - maybe you need to see the remote areas of Nigeria to see how people are impacted by aid efforts especially those ignored by our leaders.

Sure, it helps American businesses but the core questions involve whether lives are being impacted positively and whether we want to and can do it ourselves.

As to the outcome of diplomacy especially with regards to Libya, that’s a discussion for another day.

I’m just looking at the rationale behind their comments on the Obama administration and given the state of affairs, I’m still certain that the comments were aimed at winning Trump over.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo Feeds Daniel In A ''Ritualistic'' Manner / PDP Chieftain, “Papa Nsukka” Assassinated In Enugu / Nigeria Exports Power To Republic Of Benin: Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.