Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,721 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 (33313 Views)

Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks / Payment Of $462m For Fighter Jets, Impeachable Offence, Reps Tell Buhari / Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
THE United States (U.S.) has confirmed that the Federal Government had paid for the war planes. It said the 12 Super Tucano fighter jets and other weapons it agreed to sell to the Nigerian to combat Boko Haram insurgents and other extremist groups would be delivered in 2020.

A News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) report at the weekend said a senior U.S. Department of State official made the disclosure during a background briefing with ‘selected reporters’ at the U.S. Consul-General’s Residence on Sunday in Ikoyi, Lagos, the.

The official, who confirmed that the Federal Government had paid for the war planes, said sale of the aircraft with weapons and services worth over $400 million included bombs and rockets.

The NAN report said that the propeller-driven plane with reconnaissance, surveillance and attack capabilities is made by Brazil’s Embraer.

Embraer’s second production line is in Florida in a partnership between Embraer and privately held Sierra Nevada Corp of Sparks, Nevada

The Super Tucano is said to cost more than $10 million each and the price could go much higher depending on the configuration. It is powered by a Pratt & Whitney Canada PT 6 engine

http://thenationonlineng.net/u-s-govt-confirms-payment-fighter-jets/

6 Likes

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
God bless Mr President...
For those bitter clowns that thought this is the era where funds are approved for election purposes or where Dansuki just orders CBN to release money for special duties, or for some useless reason because of election, that era is dead and buried with the last administration.

And those intellectually lazy youths who thought $10mil is the actual cost not considering that it depends on config, and that is the lowest possible amount, Garba Shehu was not wrong. You clowns forgot that, rockets and bombs including training and other military hardware/weapons are included in the contract.

Shame on the enemies of Nigeria...

Buhari till 2023 after which Osinbajo will take over

185 Likes 22 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by SalamRushdie: 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
This doesn't absolve the fact that financial laws of our country as regard such deduction were broken by the Buhari govt and this is tantamount to theft . No amount of bickering and spinning by evil zombies can change the facts that Buhari committed an impeachable offence

89 Likes 10 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 1:15pm On Apr 30, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:
This doesn't absolve the fact that financial laws of our country as regard such deduction were broken by the Buhari govt and this is tantamount to theft . No amount of bickering and spinning by evil zombies van change the facts that Buhari committed an impeachable offence
[/s]

The country is at war and the President can do anything to save the nation. Tell the rogues in the national assembly who are playing with your future if u even have one to sign the budget. Thank u

142 Likes 17 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2018
The onus lies in the breach of the constitution..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:
[s][/s]

The country is at war and the President can do anything to save the nation. Tell the rogues in the national assembly who are playing with your future if u even have one to sign the budget. Thank u

You seem learned to make such a useless argument regards the constitution of a nation.

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2018
Esseite:

You seem learned to make such a useless argument regards the constitution of a nation.

I.dont care about desperate measure for desperate times. Let the NASS take action against the government if they want to. For now I stand with the president. There was a deadline that had to be met, the NASS till date have not passed the budget into law despite being submitted to them since 2017. The only thing they are.good at is suspending percieved enemies which clowns like u hail, or going on recess. I dont care what u think.of me

131 Likes 13 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Amirullaha(m): 1:23pm On Apr 30, 2018
2019 shall tell... #PVC LOADED!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by 9jaArea: 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
Most people in high places are angry about this transaction just because money was paid directly to the US government, hence, eliminating middle men. Thank you baba.

126 Likes 14 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2018
9jaArea:
Most people in high places are angry about this transaction just because money was paid directly to the US government, hence, eliminating middle men. Thank you baba.

Exactly, you are a patriot

73 Likes 12 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by ArmedRobber: 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
Lols sai baba be given them nightmaresgrin.

Whether constitution was breached or not . Let Nass do their job and stop foaming in the mouth like epileptic patient.

The fact that the useless nass members Don't have opportunity to inflate and approve bogus prices. is like a dagger in their heart.

Sorry people that want the money to go dasuki way but disappointed .
can go and withdraw the money from USA treasury.

tonguetonguetongue

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by SalamRushdie: 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:
[s][/s]

When will he do anything to save Nigerians from Fulani terrorist? I am asking for a friend

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by docadams: 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:
This doesn't absolve the fact that financial laws of our country as regard such deduction were broken by the Buhari govt and this is tantamount to theft . No amount of bickering and spinning by evil zombies van change the facts that Buhari committed an impeachable offence

This is the only option you have on this issue, by law. Whatever else you chose to engage in(wailing, lamentation, jumping into the ocean committing suicide,) is solely your responsibility-OYO.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

When will he do anything to save Nigerians from Fulani terrorist? I am asking for a friend

Whatever he does, u choose to be blind to it. U only see what you want to see. The enemies of the state using killer heards men will b3 exposed, and as usual, u will support them and call it witch hunting. That is your configuration!

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
[s]
progress69:

I.dont care about desperate measure for desperate times. Let the NASS take action against the government if they want to. For now I stand with the president. There was a deadline that had to be met, the NASS till date have not passed the budget into law despite being submitted to them since 2017. The only thing they are.good at is suspending percieved enemies which clowns like u hail, or going on recess. I dont care what u think.of me
[/s]
Only an intellectually lazy, semi illiterate with a warped thinking of ur ilk will support executive high handedness over the rule of law.

When a corrupt laden, financially rogue government like this APC government starts dipping it's thieving fingers to withdraw huge sums of money from the country's Excess Crude Account without notifying the legislature and commiting constitutional breaches in the name of an imaginary deadline, and yet the said military hardware won't be delivered into the country soon but in the next 2 years then you ask yourself why the rush in the first place.

Well i know APC media zombies are brainless and definitely don't have the capacity to think outside what they've been programmed to, and like their chief zombie said and i quote "I will happily jump into burning fire if President Buhari tells me to jump into it" ---Gov. Yahaya Bello 2018. There's nothing much to be expected from a destitute who screams sai baba allover the media space.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:

But the senate said the bulk falls on the Ministries whom have declined or refused to defend their submitted budgets...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
[s]
FreddyKruger:

Only an intellectually lazy, semi illiterate with a warped thinking of ur ilk will support executive high handedness over the rule of law.

When a corrupt laden, financially rogue government like this APC government starts dipping it's thieving fingers to withdraw huge sums of money from the country's Excess Crude Account without notifying the legislature and commiting constitutional breaches in the name of an imaginary deadline, and yet the said military hardware won't be delivered into the country soon but in the next 2 years then you ask yourself why the rush in the first place.

Well i know APC media zombies are brainless and definitely don't have the capacity to think outside what they've been programmed to, and like their chief zombie said and i quote "I will happily jump into burning fire if President Buhari tells me to jump into it" ---Gov. Yahaya Bello 2018. There's nothing much to be expected from a destitute who screams sai baba allover the media space.[/s]

All governors apprpved that the money be released from ECA, that included PDP governors. Clowns like u who dont see beyond their nose will rather love to hear news about people being killed so u can have an excuse to attack the president. If the previous government had spent money on what it was meant for like this government is currently doing BH would have been a thing of the past, rather ATM Dansuki was using arms money for enrich and bless friends of the president, PDP and personal gains. Have u ever asked how a rag tag militant group that we know started with bows and arrows, petrol bombs and sticks grew into an organized army capable of launching high level offensive even against military barracks and formations under the previous government. Clowns like u will rather sit with your fone talking BS about things u know nothing about. Now excuse me!

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by CSTR1003: 2:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:
For those bitter clowns that thought this is the era where funds are approved for election purposes or where Dansuki just orders CBN to release money for special duties, or for some useless reason because of election, that era is dead and buries with the last administration.

And those intellectually lazy youths who thought $10mil is the actual cost not considering that it depends on config, and that is the lowest possible amount, Garba Shehu was not wrong. You clowns forgot that, rockets and bombs including training and other military hardware/weapons are included in the contract.

I hope you have the votes to bring osibanjo to power, because he is going to lose the south.

There is a difference between sai buhari and osibanjo in terms of electoral value.

No be for mouth o.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
CSTR1003:

I hope you have the votes to bring osibanjo to power, because he is going to lose the south.

There is a difference between sai buhari and osibanjo in terms of electoral value.

No be for mouth o.

Wait till remains VP for the next 4 years. You will no his electoral value then. Thanks

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by CSTR1003: 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:

Wait till remains VP for the next 4 years. You will no his electoral value then. Thanks
Buhari is almost certain to lose. Even if he doesn't, it is going to be through a combined cocktail of northern zombies and massive rigging.

He is never going to be liked by the majority.

Now osibanjo who has been adjudged a coward by even his own people is the VP in such a calamitous government.

So where are you exactly are you hoping to get votes from for osibanjo?

Note that I am only humoring you. APC would be stupid to give osibanjo their ticket.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
[s]
progress69:
[s]

All governors apprpved that the money be released from ECA, that included PDP governors. Clowns like u who dont see beyond their nose will rather love to hear news about people being killed so u can have an excuse to attack the president. If the previous government had spent money on what it was meant for like this government is currently doing BH would have been a thing of the past, rather ATM Dansuki was using arms money for enrich and bless friends of the president, PDP and personal gains. Have u ever asked how a rag tag militant group that we know started with bows and arrows, petrol bombs and sticks grew into an organized army capable of launching high level offensive even against military barracks and formations under the previous government. Clowns like u will rather sit with your fone talking BS about things u know nothing about. Now excuse me!
[/s]
—And how will military equipment scheduled to be supplied to nigeria by the US in 2020 help the present security situation of the country? In saner climes, this corruption laden thieving government and your likes who support them would have been arrested and given long jail sentences for constitutional breaches and financial crimes.
zom-bies like you with inferior IQ capacity will always support this dullaard's highhandedness and disregard for the rule of law.
2019 is around the corner...be ready to be disgraced back to daura...you and your cluelessly inept, dumb, retarde'd president. Now pls get lost!

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 2:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
FreddyKruger:

—And how will military equipment scheduled to be supplied to nigeria by the US in 2020 help the present security situation of the country? In saner climes, this corruption laden thieving government and your likes who support them would have been arrested and given long jail sentences for constitutional breaches and financial crimes.
zom-bies like you with inferior IQ capacity will always support this dullaard's highhandedness and disregard for the rule of law.
2019 is around the corner...be ready to be disgraced back to daura...you and your cluelessly inept, dumb, retarde'd president. Now pls get lost!
Stop this deliberate folly. Can u forsee the challenges we will have as a nation in 2020? Do u think they just pick planes from ware house and ship. Despite the confirmation by US the money was paid, u are still shouting theiving...u see why i deliberately ignore clowns like u who have proven over time that educating clowns like u is always an Elephant white project.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 2:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
CSTR1003:

Buhari is almost certain to lose. Even if he doesn't, it is going to be through a combined cocktail of northern zombies and massive rigging.

He is never going to be liked by the majority.

Now osibanjo who has been adjudged a coward by even his own people is the VP in such a calamitous government.

So where are you exactly are you hoping to get votes from for osibanjo?

Note that I am only humoring you. APC would be stupid to give osibanjo their ticket.

U are still repeating the same BS! 1 month is enough in Nigeria to spin a political tide around not to talk of years.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by buhariguy(m): 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
OK
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Our5k(m): 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
[s]
progress69:
For those bitter clowns that thought this is the era where funds are approved for election purposes or where Dansuki just orders CBN to release money for special duties, or for some useless reason because of election, that era is dead and buries with the last administration.

[/s]

First class zombie.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by justtoodark: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
buhari still broke the law....their is no coming around that fact....

he did his job protecting his people,but he still broke the law....

we all know how slow the nigerian goverment is....but he still bypassed laws.... undecided......thats facts.... undecided

the deal should be forgoten and the money returned....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by justtoodark: 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
and why are we even buying anything from america sef..??....russians wouldnt put such silly clause in their deals.....
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by SirLakes: 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
La La la
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by whitebeard(m): 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
2020 reason pls
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by buhariguy(m): 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:
This doesn't absolve the fact that financial laws of our country as regard such deduction were broken by the Buhari govt and this is tantamount to theft . No amount of bickering and spinning by evil zombies van change the facts that Buhari committed an impeachable offence [/quote)

I want the best intellectually lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra to tell where money from excess crude account amount to offence[quote author=justtoodark post=67157249]buhari still broke the law....their is no coming around that fact....

he did his job protecting his people,but he still broke the law....

we all know how slow the nigerian goverment is....but he still bypassed laws.... undecided......thats facts.... undecided

the deal should be forgoten and the money returned....
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by HMZi: 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
Silly Bubu wont be around to recieve them. ...Hoho

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by lonlytroy(m): 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
Tomorrow you will hear them saying don't make upfront payment but Nigeria just made advance paymenr to secure weapon which they are yet to receive

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

USA Barred Buhari In 2001 Over Plan To Islamize Nigeria - Atiku / Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov / Thousands Of Commuters Stranded As Ipob Blocks Major Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.