Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! (4052 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police / See What A Nigerian Man Bought For His Naija Girl For Valentine Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by 2sexy(m): 5:18pm On May 19, 2010
Rule 1. There are different culture at different places. What may apply to American dating sphere may not apply in Naija. So forget all the American romance movie you watch
Rule 2 .Dont be too soft with any Naija girl/lady. If you do,alot of them wont take you serious. Learn to be aggressive sometime but appropriately.
Rule 3. If you are just starting out in the dating game, dont date a girl who might have dated over 3 guys in the past and you become the 4th. Chances are that you wont enjoy the relationship. She already know what you dont and might take advantage of you.
Rule 4. Never start a relationship by spending money on her. Doing so is like digging your own grave
Rule 5. If your girlfriend is having too many male friends than female friends,there is a probability that she is dating one. So keep your eyes peeled
Rule 6. Dont always agree to everything she tells you to do for her. She might take you to the cleaners.
Rule 7. Test her to see if she is submissive and co-operative by telling to do certain things for you.
Rule 8. Excessive calls should be reduced. Dont call too often. Most of them dont like it and dont appreciate it, I dont know why.
Rule 9. Dont say "am sorry" often,especially when you know you are not at fault.
Rule 10. The ratio of girls to boys in the world is like 2:1. This mean that there are more females than males in the world. Dont kill yourself because one girl just dont care about you. Besides,if you die, another guy will come after her. Why? Ladies are like products in the market!
Rule 11. Love her but dont over do it,

1 Like

Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by Onchedu(m): 5:25pm On May 19, 2010
This is sooo true. Most of it anyway. wink
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by Onchedu(m): 5:28pm On May 19, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=448198.0;num_replies=1

Especially that not saying sorry part. Infact don't say sorry until she has sulked and whined and done the whole cute look then say it, once. Hehehehehe

1 Like

Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by odiaero3(m): 5:52pm On May 19, 2010
nice one anyway wink
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by odiaero3(m): 5:54pm On May 19, 2010
@onchendu, how far?
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by Tigerlilly(f): 6:37pm On May 19, 2010
Not cool sad
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by pweetyme1: 7:01pm On May 19, 2010
i like no. 9, n dis is useful 4 d gals 2, cuz i dnt like sayin sorry, 'specially wen i knw im not wrong!!!

1 Like

Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by tkb417(m): 7:10pm On May 19, 2010
hehe

someone has been banned
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by Onchedu(m): 7:20pm On May 19, 2010
odiaero_:

@onchendu, how far?

I dey
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 19, 2010
i was very close to a sec. school girl when i was in nigeria,she lives close to my house, though we never had intimacy.I was helping her out financially because she came from a dead poor family. At the said time,i had feelings for her. Am now 25 and she is 20
later,i left Nigeria and was still very well in touch with her and was still helping her financially.Now she is in her second year in the university, am still taking care of her and we talk almost everyday. Other things equal, i intend to marry her. i strongly think she has feelings for me and i really love her. I intend to come back this year after 5 years and see things myself. Am I doing the right thing, or just being a mug? is she hanging on just because of the help she gets from me?

1 Like

Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by Caparzo(m): 12:45am On May 20, 2010
Dont say "am sorry" often,especially when you know you are not at fault.

so true. i barely use that word.
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by Faher(m): 1:04am On May 20, 2010
@OP

You're absolutely correct. I never say sorry in a relationship, never. It's better to find a way to appease the lady than say sorry.
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by snthesis(m): 3:10pm On May 20, 2010
nayef:

i was very close to a sec. school girl when i was in nigeria,she lives close to my house, though we never had intimacy.I was helping her out financially because she came from a dead poor family. At the said time,i had feelings for her. Am now 25 and she is 20
later,i left Nigeria and was still very well in touch with her and was still helping her financially.Now she is in her second year in the university, am still taking care of her and we talk almost everyday. Other things equal, i intend to marry her. i strongly think she has feelings for me and i really love her. I intend to come back this year after 5 years and see things myself. Am I doing the right thing, or just being a mug? is she hanging on just because of the help she gets from me?

been nice to the oppste s"ex doesnt make u a mugu, pretendin to be nice(spending cash) to get s"ex/attn makes u a mugu-if it doesnt clique.
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 20, 2010
snthesis:

been nice to the oppste s"ex doesnt make u a mugu, pretendin to be nice(spending cash) to get s"ex/attn makes u a mugu-if it doesnt clique.

What is the difference? The motive(s) behind the act is irrelevant. It is the very act itself that makes one a mugu. For real, these love-peddling girls don't deserve such 'niceness'.
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by violent(m): 3:40pm On May 20, 2010
nayef:

It depends, does she ask you for money, or do you dish it out to her willingly?
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by madakiya(m): 4:07pm On May 20, 2010
You are right, but too hash.
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by sammy6(m): 4:14pm On May 20, 2010
I agree with all except 8. 9 ja girls like attention. She wants you to call her & when you do, talk for long with your credit. She'll go crazy. Ive used this approach a hundred times and it has never failed me
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by KAYD007(m): 4:15pm On May 20, 2010
embarassed cry : am learning! shall print it out and attached it ma mirror.
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by kobikwelu(m): 4:35pm On May 20, 2010
i agree on all,

the most  is never say sorry excessively!!!!!!

sometimes, women purposely pick up a fight even when they are wrong just to know your will power.

they would try and give u the cold treatment inorder to see if u would bend.

stand your ground at all cost, if not, your finished
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by 190: 4:37pm On May 20, 2010
sent all links 2 my fb~
i'll get used 2 it~
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by odiaero3(m): 5:43pm On May 20, 2010
KAYD007:

embarassed cry : am learning! shall print it out and attached it ma mirror.
cool cool
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by dbigrod(m): 10:44am On May 21, 2010
[size=16pt]
2sexy:

Rule 1. There are different culture at different places. What may apply to American dating sphere may not apply in Naija. So forget all the American romance movie you watch
Rule 2 .Dont be too soft with any Naija girl/lady. If you do,alot of them wont take you serious. Learn to be aggressive sometime but appropriately.
Rule 3. If you are just starting out in the dating game, dont date a girl who might have dated over 3 guys in the past and you become the 4th. Chances are that you wont enjoy the relationship. She already know what you dont and might take advantage of you.
Rule 4. Never start a relationship by spending money on her. Doing so is like digging your own grave
Rule 5. If your girlfriend is having too many male friends than female friends,there is a probability that she is dating one. So keep your eyes peeled
Rule 6. Dont always agree to everything she tells you to do for her. She might take you to the cleaners.
Rule 7. Test her to see if she is submissive and co-operative by telling to do certain things for you.
Rule 8. Excessive calls should be reduced. Dont call too often. Most of them dont like it and dont appreciate it, I dont know why.
Rule 9. Dont say "am sorry" often,especially when you know you are not at fault.
Rule 10. The ratio of girls to boys in the world is like 2:1. This mean that there are more females than males in the world. Dont kill yourself because one girl just dont care about you. Besides,if you die, another guy will come after her. Why? Ladies are like products in the market!
Rule 11. Love her but dont over do it,

i agree with that
[/size]
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by skfa1: 10:48am On May 21, 2010
Nice one poster
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by nairaner(m): 1:50pm On May 21, 2010
80% i concur
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 21, 2010
@topic
these rules are so true especially the sorry part
but they don't apply to all relationship

i for one don't like the word i'm sorry
i think people use it to get at your soft side and just keep on doing trash
i told my fiancee not to use that word unless she really means it
my rule is, do the right thing and don't bother about being sorry,
for instance what on earth will make a man beat his woman and then start saying i'm sorry

or a lady insults her man and comes with their face like what i don't know saying i'm sorry honey , ewwwww
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 21, 2010
2sexy:

Bro women all over d world have 99.9999999% xteristics than differences. I hv dated an American gal,a british one and a botswanan gal minus d 9ja 1s. nva had 2 change modus 4 any of them. same modus works 4 them all.
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by rapstar: 3:35pm On May 21, 2010
broda, dats gud, 2 4 7 9 I0 II are the bomb
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by Faher(m): 7:26pm On May 21, 2010
georgeiyke009:

Bro women all over d world have 99.9999999% xteristics than differences. I hv dated an American gal,a british one and a botswanan gal minus d 9ja 1s. nva had 2 change modus 4 any of them. same modus works 4 them all.

Very true grin

I've dated an American and a Latino apart from the Naija chics

Same rules apply

Don't forget to be yourself too
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by 2sexy(m): 8:37am On May 24, 2010
I am glad that my post is appreciated.
Dear NL,I am thinking of increasing rules to 101 and then put it in an electronic book form. With all the tears guy at NL are shedding,the floor is over flowing and eyes are tired of this mishap.I thought it would be good to have the rule in a book.What do guy thimk? I must confess that this rules are based on my personal experience. I have had my own share of heart break more than once and I would advice anybody to avoid it like plague. it is better imagined than experienced!
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by iice(f): 10:37am On May 24, 2010
2sexy:

appreciate it, I dont know why.

Hammer it for the dense one jare. True talk

2sexy:

I must be dating 20 then grin
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by vivaladiva(f): 10:40am On May 24, 2010
same rule applies to guys, always threat them mean to keep them keen
never date a gal who has been out with more than four guys my fcking foot
Re: 11 Ultimate Rules For Dating A Naija Girl: Revealed! by sevule(m): 2:08pm On May 24, 2010
11 Rules continued,

Rule 12. If you spend too much money on her, you are a mugu and if you spend too little you have araldite hands. Learn the fine line.
Rule 13. Better start loving home videos even if you hate them cos that is what she watches 80% of the time
Rule 14. Put a lock on your phone messages cos believe you me she would read your messages.
Rule 15. Forget roses, poems and all that s***. If you think it is the thought that counts then you are so wrong as Naija babes have no idea what romance is. You can not go wrong with Recharge cards,jewelry,perfumes etc
Rule 16. Hint at the fact that there are other chics waiting in the wings(even if there is nobody). That would keep her on her toes.
Rule 17. Avoid students at all costs!! They expect that you would make their father jobless and provide all their needs. And you can never know which "small boy" is servicing them. This rule only applies if you are not a fellow broke ass student as well.
Rule 18. Naija babes dey form DIE!!! So be ready for a lot of rejections but be very persistent.

Got to run off to work before my boss gives me query ohhh!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Lies Women Tell Men / Why Is It That It Is Broke Girls That Always Say They Can't Date Broke Guyz? / How A Female Nairalander Scam Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.