Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Ramsey Nouah Speaks On 2019 Election, Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ramsey Nouah Speaks On 2019 Election, Nollywood (376 Views)

Regina Askia Plays Ramsey Nouah’s Wife In WEB. Gives Details Of Sex Scene / Louisa Ejenavbo: Ramsey Nouah & 'living In Bondage' Team Didn't Pay Me / 'Living In Bondage' Sequel, The Ramsey Nouah Connection. Fans Excited! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ramsey Nouah Speaks On 2019 Election, Nollywood by themomentng: 11:38pm On May 01, 2018
Nollywood star, Ramsey Nouah, has accused President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration of failing to keep Nigerians updated on its plans.

The actor barred his mind in a chat recently at the screening of his latest movie titled Crazy People in Lagos.

He said: “I always shy away from discussing politics in Nigeria because it is a sensitive subject but right now it’s hard to tell where Nigeria is headed.

“Most importantly, the government is making a huge mistake of not divulging enough information with the polity. They are so fixated in the old way of passing information oblivious of the fact that these days everything is open. The presidency should come out and deem it to talk about its daily, weekly and even monthly plans with the citizenry.

“They need to thoroughly address issues that affect Nigerians. But they don’t do that and then they just assume that we know they would work on it (issues). It is only when there is so much public outcry and criticism that the president’s offices will come out once in a while and to say “we are working on it.”

While some of his colleagues have ventured into politics, perhaps leveraging on their fame, the 47-year-old actor says he is not cut out for politics.

He noted: “I never say never but delving into politics is going to be a tough one for me because I am not a very diplomatic person. I don’t know how to call white black I say it as it is; I don’t think politics in Nigeria really embraces that.”

When ask to give an assessment of the present administration’s recognition and support for Nollywood thus far he said: “Buhari’s administration came into power to wipe out corruption and they had a stronger focus. In the course of doing that a lot of industries were affected and suffered, Nollywood inclusive. It’s work in progress and I know that when everything stabilises they (Buhari’s government) will still come back to Nollywood.

“Some people make it look as though we (Nollywood) are getting freebies from the government but its not so. Some people also think our industry is for ‘play’ forgetting the job opportunities we create.”

Asked to share his thoughts on Mr Buhari’s second term bid, Ramsey said: “It’s a dicey question but I like to ask who the other presidential candidates who are coming on board are. I don’t know what they are going to bring to the table. Will they be game changers?

“We hear the same things from politicians all the time but when the time comes we will know whom we will vote for. With so many things befalling us in the country, it’s hard to tell who is the best candidate for now. In 2019, our youth need to get their voters card and vote wisely. As only then can they hold the leaders accountable.”

Re: Ramsey Nouah Speaks On 2019 Election, Nollywood by DAVIDMOE(m): 11:57pm On May 01, 2018
one girl we are all managing in our street one stupid guy just impregnated her

(1) (Reply)

5 Writing Tips Of A Successful Hollywood Screenplay That May Not Succeed In Noll / CHARMING LOVE |l Latest Nollywood Movies Ll New Trending Nigerian Movie / Grand Comedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.