Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World (14837 Views)

Is A Car Glass Window That Hard To Break? / Innoson Develops Multi-level Car Park In Anambra To Meet Demand- PICS & VIDEO / This Toyota iQ Smart Car Has An Aston Martin V8 Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Automotive1(m): 11:41pm On May 01, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDfqPMmNmmk?t=8

Ford of italy with Aedo (a startup that develops products for the visually impaired) and agency GTB Roma has developed a new prototype technology called Feel The View that uses vibrations in a vehicle's side glass to give the visually impaired people a feel of what's outside. 

It has a built-in external-facing camera that sits at the top of a car window. Pressing a button on the device takes a picture of the current view ,which is then displayed on the window as a black and white image using special LEDs.

When the image is touched, the different shades of grey in it vibrate with 255 different intensity levels, allowing the blind passengers to rebuild it in their mind's eye - just like braille.

An on-board vocal assistant will also talk through what is happening in the snapshot to put the view into context.

Although it's still a concept at this stage, Ford said it creates a whole new language which would help blind passengers experience a great aspect of driving.

Source https://autojosh.com/ford-develops-smart-car-window-that-lets-the-blind-feel-the-outside-world-when-touched/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by YhubieIsidore(m): 12:49am On May 02, 2018
This is what I call innovation

BTW... Space booking make sense die

6 Likes

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Acidosis(m): 7:12am On May 02, 2018
This is good

2 Likes

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 7:13am On May 02, 2018
cheesy
Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Franzinni: 7:13am On May 02, 2018
Africa... We are waiting for the thing to reach us so we can buy and use it to oppress our fellow Africans that can not afford it....

Wetin we sabi self?
Apart from jazz, greed, born children, religion, fake life... And the list goes on...while we perfect our negativity, oyinbo dey do miracles...

Millions of graduates in building, engineering, medicine, technology etc but to build comon road we need to call Chinese...it's a big pity... Then one idiot will buy a range Rover and be feeling like his melanin just vanished... black man go always be black man... Unless you open your mind and realize we are living the script some other people wrote for us... Until then we will always be the laughing stock of the world...

Imagine people in America still believe that Africans live on trees... In 2018 ooo.... Well sha... Let me come and go from here...

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by kwyllancy: 7:13am On May 02, 2018
Wow, this is innovative

1 Like

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Mutemenot(m): 7:13am On May 02, 2018
One need to be blind to confirm it grin just like someone wants a woman to test rat poison to ascertain if it's original

2 Likes

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Brendaniel: 7:13am On May 02, 2018
Cool

1 Like

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by ogilivictor: 7:14am On May 02, 2018
I no go surprise d day oyibo go create der own heaven..... 9ja whc way

2 Likes

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Liveair: 7:16am On May 02, 2018
This is how humans will make gods look small.
Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Bondesniger(m): 7:18am On May 02, 2018
nice

1 Like

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Nobody: 7:18am On May 02, 2018
White people are really trying

4 Likes

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Demogorgon(m): 7:18am On May 02, 2018
Nice one... Taking technology to the next level

1 Like

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by arixsto2(m): 7:21am On May 02, 2018
awesome

1 Like

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by justi4jesu(f): 7:21am On May 02, 2018
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Nobody: 7:21am On May 02, 2018
innovative

1 Like

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by uyplus(m): 7:26am On May 02, 2018
Yet we are still developing church buildings!

1 Like

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by maberry(m): 7:27am On May 02, 2018
Being blind is one of the worst kind of deformity

1 Like

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by alacantra: 7:37am On May 02, 2018
oyibo!!! wen will Africa get to dis stage
Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Nobody: 7:38am On May 02, 2018
Was expecting to read how the image will be reflected on the cornea/iris of the eye which will be interpreted sensory nerves going to the Brain.
Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Simeony007(m): 7:41am On May 02, 2018
I think say the blind go fit drive?
Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by engrasd(m): 8:03am On May 02, 2018
This is an example of internet of things.
Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by cuteboimillz(m): 8:06am On May 02, 2018
1mb gone just like dat..i still blame buhari! angry
Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by GURION: 10:52am On May 02, 2018
Great. Hopefully, live video conversion to braille will be achieved.
Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by abeloureal(m): 10:58am On May 02, 2018
I don't even know what we are doing in this Africa Sef. Nigerians will be like education education and nothing to show for it. We just dey go school ni. Nothing nothing. Even awa Profs gan are useless. We need practical approach to solve human problems not one yeye jamb score, 10 years of PhD or sex for marks.

2 Likes

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Psoul(m): 11:34am On May 02, 2018
Buhari, you see am...you see am? Not this nonsense you are doing here.
Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by EuroBoy007(m): 1:21pm On May 02, 2018
abeloureal:
I don't even know what we are doing in this Africa Sef. Nigerians will be like education education and nothing to show for it. We just dey go school ni. Nothing nothing. Even awa Profs gan are useless. We need practical approach to solve human problems not one yeye jamb score, 10 years of PhD or sex for marks.

I dey tell u bro...
I'm a graduate don become tittle for some of us in Africa. Na naija I com see sey if u speak fluent English, U're considered literate and pesin wey stop sch @ secondary level no go sch grin grin(after 5-6yrs in primary sch and another 5-6yrs in secondary school) grin. One madman once told me he would like to go to the university cos he wants to be a graduate grin...no doubts, some people just wan go university just to be called a graduate nothing more.
Make we dey busy dey learn English everyday when other people dey very proud of their language n dey make things happen.
Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by Galactico1(m): 6:30pm On May 02, 2018
Franzinni:
Africa... We are waiting for the thing to reach us so we can buy and use it to oppress our fellow Africans that can not afford it....

Wetin we sabi self?
Apart from jazz, greed, born children, religion, fake life... And the list goes on...while we perfect our negativity, oyinbo dey do miracles...

Millions of graduates in building, engineering, medicine, technology etc but to build comon road we need to call Chinese...it's a big pity... Then one idiot will buy a range Rover and be feeling like his melanin just vanished... black man go always be black man... Unless you open your mind and realize we are living the script some other people wrote for us... Until then we will always be the laughing stock of the world...

Imagine people in America still believe that Africans live on trees... In 2018 ooo.... Well sha... Let me come and go from here...

You have said well my brother... We Africans lived on white man's ideas.. we enjoyed their innovations and inventions.. name them.. let's imagine that white did not explore Africa... all those blacks africa claiming to be wiser or more intelligent than the whites are foolish and myopic...

If not for d intuition of d white.. i wonder how Africa for be by now... mostly Nigeria...

White have done blacks well.. so always thumbs up for the whites...

1 Like

Re: Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World by tck2000(m): 11:37pm On Oct 10, 2019
technology

(1) (Reply)

5 Common Signs Of A Failing Car Fuel Pump / Check Out The Most Popular Sports Car In The World / Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.