Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,419 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? (49267 Views)

Single Mothers' Household Produce The Worst Kids — American Lady(vid,pix) / 'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Provabz(m): 5:08am On May 02, 2018
Please I've this thing that have been bothering me and I'll like the house to help me with some reasonable answers..
'Why do we have a lot of single mothers in our current society '?
Mods Abeg push to front page for better answers thanks

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by madridguy(m): 5:16am On May 02, 2018
1. The society need restructuring shocked

2. Ladies should stop thinking they could tie guys down with pregnancy

3. POVERTY: To me this is the leading factor. A guy at 35 years of age will still be running from responsibility, not that he's not willing to have a family of his own but Nigeria situation is not helping matter. The female counterpart at that age may not have other option than to be looking for donor ( Baby father ) when she observes time is going.

Brb

190 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ghettowriter(m): 5:17am On May 02, 2018
Because, premarital sêx for freebies.

and the worst part is that some girls don't know the real father of the kid, or they knew but are too embarrassed to point him out, because he might be a married man or a neighbor. they'll rather accuse their young boy friend who is struggling to feed himself and you know 'Paternity test' costs a damn lot of money.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 5:38am On May 02, 2018
when u rush into marriage, you rush out. This is so rampant

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Seahawk: 5:55am On May 02, 2018
We have single mothers because the sperm contributors refused to be the fathers to their children. Umm? Why is this a question?

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 6:19am On May 02, 2018
'cos some male folks toed the 'I'm not responsible' line.

...and the ladies in some cases does the right thing by keeping the innocent baby.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Olalan(m): 6:32am On May 02, 2018
Ladies are getting pregnant outside wedlock and most of the fathers aren't ready

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by epistleNow(m): 6:47am On May 02, 2018
...... because lots of boys/men were not raised right

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 6:55am On May 02, 2018
...because premarital sex has become rampant.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 7:31am On May 02, 2018
Gullible ladies

Failed or ambiguous promises/sweet mouth.

Failed marriages

Cunning ladies trying to trap a guy with pregnancy

Guys looking for baby mama

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by TSOM(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2018
epistleNow:
...... because lots of boys/men were not raised right
...Or maybe they were raised right but, being higher beings with the ability to make choices, chose to seed offsprings whose moms they are willing to make life-time partners.

Contemporary men are increasingly gamophobic and that's an issue the society isn't really addressing.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by eyinjuege: 8:18am On May 02, 2018
For almost every single mother, there is a single father.

Majority of whom have refused to stand up to their responsibility btw.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by edoman2016: 8:47am On May 02, 2018
Feminism is the major reason for increase in single mothers in our society. Most ladies nowadays have bad attitude and not ready to be submissive to their husbands. The resulting effect is divorce that produces single mothers.

150 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 1:09pm On May 02, 2018
edoman2016:
Feminism is the major reason for increase in single mothers in our society. Most ladies nowadays have bad attitude and not ready to be submissive to their husbands. The resulting effect is divorce that produces single mothers.

Most of these men are too proud and believe that submitting to a man means he has to control their lives.
Many hide under the guise of submission and treat the woman like she is nothing.
There has to be a meeting point.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by mrphysics(m): 3:13pm On May 02, 2018
ImaIma1:

Most of these men are too proud and believe that submitting to a man means he has to control their lives.
Many hide under the guise of submission and treat the woman like she is nothing.
There has to be a meeting point.
I agree with you. Can you define with specifics this meeting point?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 3:30pm On May 02, 2018
mrphysics:

I agree with you. Can you define with specifics this meeting point?

The woman should submit while the man should love just as the Bible put it.

When he loves her, he has her interest and well being at heart so she is not scared that she is under a man that is only about his selfish interests.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Papertrail11(m): 4:24pm On May 02, 2018
economy

family interference

irresponsible men

lack of dating experience of men and women into understand the basics of what it means to be together

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Pavore9: 6:06pm On May 02, 2018
edoman2016:

What is your personal definition of feminism?

A man who fathers a child and disappears from the scene because of fear of playing the role of a father to his offspring, what can you attribute that to?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by edoman2016: 9:32pm On May 02, 2018
Pavore9:

What is your personal definition of feminism?

A man who fathers a child and disappears from the scene because of fear of playing the role of a father to his offspring, what can you attribute that to?
No man will abandon a good and loving wife to become a single mother. Most single mothers are feminist. They are arrogant, rude and unsubmissive to their husbands. They are full of troubles in marriages.

Even Bible supports a man to run away from a troublesome wife and sleep peacefully on a tree.

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Pavore9: 10:55pm On May 02, 2018
edoman2016:

No man will abandon a good and loving wife to become a single mother. Most single mothers are feminist. They are arrogant, rude and unsubmissive to their husbands. They are full of troubles in marriages.

Even Bible supports a man to run away from a troublesome wife and sleep peacefully on a tree.

Forget about the "no man can abandon a good and loving wife" or haven't you seen or heard about some men who have done so to such wives and went on with other women only to come back years later with their exhausted self wanting to reconcile with the "witch" and the children he abandoned because of the hatred he had for their mother?

I don't support pregnancy being the reason for marriage but my issue here is why should a man reject to cater for a child he sired in as much he is not comfortable with the mother?

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Seahawk: 4:40am On May 03, 2018
Yep. All men are innocent. That’s why no man can abandon a loving wife. Even when it happens everyday. It must be the fault of these women that the men refused to care for their own children. One question though. Why aren’t more women who happen to be with undesirable men abandoning their children with the fathers?

edoman2016:

41 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Dirkcoyt: 9:40am On May 03, 2018
ImaIma1:
Gullible ladies

Failed or ambiguous promises/sweet mouth.

Failed marriages

Cunning ladies trying to trap a guy with pregnancy

Guys looking for baby mama

i guess you're a member of either deeper life or CAC cause you're a bit conservative. no problem about that though.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 10:42am On May 03, 2018
Dirkcoyt:

i guess you're a member of either deeper life or CAC cause you're a bit conservative. no problem about that though.

cheesy

I don't think i have ever attended any. I am more realistic than conservative.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by mrphysics(m): 11:35am On May 03, 2018
ImaIma1:

The woman should submit while the man should love just as the Bible put it.

When he loves her, he has her interest and well being at heart so she is not scared that she is under a man that is only about his selfish interests.
People should just do the right thing. We all know the right thing but need people to teach/force us to do it.

Love is required from both couples and submission is necessary for both of them too. There is no reason the woman will only 'submit' and not love and the man will 'love' and not submit.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 12:11pm On May 03, 2018
mrphysics:

People should just do the right thing. We all know the right thing but need people to teach/force us to do it.

Love is required from both couples and submission is necessary for both of them too. There is no reason the woman will only 'submit' and not love and the man will 'love' and not submit.

You are right.A woman naturally loves but submission doesn't come easy. That's probably why the submission part is emphasized.

As long as they both love each other, they should be able to work out what works for them. All these guys acting macho and demanding submission or slavery up and down don't understand yet. They haven't got the memo.

And it is not about feminism or equality but about a woman also being a human being with a mind of her own, dreams,ambitions, strong will,etc.

18 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by mrphysics(m): 12:20pm On May 03, 2018
ImaIma1:

You are right.A woman naturally loves but submission doesn't come easy. That's probably why the submission part is emphasized.

As long as they both love each other, they should be able to work out what works for them. All these guys acting macho and demanding submission or slavery up and down don't understand yet. They haven't got the memo.

And it is not about feminism or equality but about a woman also being a human being with a mind of her own, dreams,ambitions, strong will,etc.

You are right. To me, women submits easily than men. Men loves easily than women. I don't know why its the other way round to you shaaa.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by YourCoffin: 4:01pm On May 03, 2018
Pavore9:

Forget about the "no man can abandon a good and loving wife" or haven't you seen or heard about some men who have done so to such wives and went on with other women only to come back years later with their exhausted self wanting to reconcile with the "witch" and the children he abandoned because of the hatred he had for their mother?

I don't support pregnancy being the reason for marriage but my issue here is why should a man reject to cater for a child he sired in as much he is not comfortable with the mother?

When a woman is using their child as a weapon against a man and in conjunction with the judiciary system prevents the man from having access to his kid, what should the man do?

8 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Pavore9: 4:10pm On May 03, 2018
YourCoffin:

When a woman is using their child as a weapon against a man and in conjunction with the judiciary system prevents the man from having access to his kid, what should the man do?

The judiciary system do give a man right to have access to his kid, depending on the presenting issue shared custody do come in and in some instance a man can get sole custody if he can prove beyond reasonable doubt that the woman's active presence in the child's life is detrimental to the child's well-being.

This is if they are married o because where I come from, s child born out of wedlock (in this case, the father of the child never paid dowry) the child belongs to the mother's family.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by YourCoffin: 4:44pm On May 03, 2018
Pavore9:

The judiciary system do give a man right to have access to his kid, depending on the presenting issue shared custody do come in and in some instance a man can get sole custody if he can prove beyond reasonable doubt that the woman's active presence in the child's life is detrimental to the child's well-being.

You didn't answer my question. You just gave an utopian description of the court process, which is very far from reality especially when aggrieved and vindictive women are abound.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Pavore9: 4:56pm On May 03, 2018
YourCoffin:

You didn't answer my question. You just gave an utopian description of the court process, which is very far from reality especially when aggrieved and vindictive women are abound.

I answered. Many men don't utilize the right to get the court to mandate the woman to undergo psychological assessment if she is being irrational even where the man has made genuine effort to be a father to their child(ren) Also get the child to be independently assessed by a child psychologist, I tell you a lot will be revealed. The report from a child psychologist swings custodial rights.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 03, 2018
Pavore9:

I answered. Many men don't utilize the right to get the court to mandate the woman to undergo psychological assessment if she is being irrational even where the man has made genuine effort to be a father to their child(ren) Also get the child to be independently assessed by a child psychologist, I tell you a lot will be revealed. The report from a child psychologist swings custodial rights.

Unless the man has £100k for court fees... The system in the west favours the mother. Where is all this money for psychology assessments coming from?

The reason we have more single mums is because it is sometimes EASIER to be a single mum than to be in a relationship that doesn't work for YOU, not the child But the MUM. It is expensive and soul shattering for the man so to save his money and health, many walk away.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 03, 2018
I don't know how the law works in nigeria...

In the UK, the mother makes the decision of whether the Father gets to see his children. The mother is the driving force, simple allegations of abuse and she wins. Even if the father is a good father... if she wants the house and his money, it's hers.

Then there are deadbeat dads, like there are deadbeat mums...

Mums and Dads are only human and they don't change by being a parent so they are the cause of their broken homes..

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend Because He Took His Daughter Out For Christmas / Cute Abiola: Navy Gives Reason For Refusing To Release Comedian After 10 Days / Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.