Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? (49313 Views)

Single Mothers' Household Produce The Worst Kids — American Lady(vid,pix) / 'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 11:28am On May 04, 2018
princfred:
Of course i agree but a woman has to know that the man is his lord not to start dragging position with the man based on earning this or that. Now woman call their men my baby instead of my lord. Overtime and intermittently, the man has to reinstate his "manhood" and lordship as the case may be.

cheesy

Calling a man "baby" is not an insult. And who calls her husband "my lord". Is it Lord and personal Saviour?

There is nothing like reinstating manhood or Lordship. A tiger does not proclaim its tigritude

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 11:31am On May 04, 2018
ImaIma1:

cheesy

Calling a man "baby" is not an insult. And who calls her husband "my lord". Is it Lord and personal Saviour?

There is nothing like reinstating manhood or Lordship. A tiger does not proclaim its tigritude
That last part na lie. If a goat does not respect the tiger........ Not an insult until she translates it to her attitude which is often the case. Also will you faint if you call your man "my lord"? But you love him to call you "my queen" abi?- That woman selfishness i talk about.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by edoman2016: 11:37am On May 04, 2018
libertyfather:

God bless you bro, please I need just one thing from you....that verse in bible that quote what u stated above
Proverbs 25:24
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 11:48am On May 04, 2018
princfred:
Now you want us to go down that slippery road of insults. I bet you wont find it lovely with me down that path. I dont think i have used any derogatory word since just note i dont shy away when challenged. If the facts i espoused is paining your brain or too heavy for it, why not tell me. I bet you are one of those ladies who will question calling her man my lord just because you sabi write Obi is a boy. ��

K
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 12:01pm On May 04, 2018
princfred:
That last part na lie. If a goat does not respect the tiger........ Not an insult until she translates it to her attitude which is often the case. Also will you faint if you call your man "my lord"? But you love him to call you "my queen" abi?- That woman selfishness i talk about.

If a man has to keep emphasizing that he is a man...saying "i am the man...i am the head..." then he needs to check himself.

I cannot faint but calling him lord has never crossed my mind neither has it captured what i feel for him. And we don't even roll like that. Calling him lord will just be awkward and backward

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Geesaintagape: 12:14pm On May 04, 2018
It is sign of failed society.
No job no marriage but procreation continue with feminism as a contributor.
Children are not being raised with moral value.
Sex is no longer sacred

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 12:34pm On May 04, 2018
ImaIma1:

If a man has to keep emphasizing that he is a man...saying "i am the man...i am the head..." then he needs to check himself.

I cannot faint but calling him lord has never crossed my mind neither has it captured what i feel for him. And we don't even roll like that. Calling him lord will just be awkward and backward
A man does not necessarily go about calling himself lord but usually resorts to that when the wife gives him attitude to suggest the opposite or starts pushing the equality mantra probably because of what she earns not knowing that the man also reserves the right to push her off the equality footing when/if she ever encounters financial problems if respect is based solely on who earns what.

There is nothing awkward about it just like i don't believe its awkward or backward for me to call you "my queen". Make your man feel like your lord as much as you would love him to make you feel like his queen. And if calling him that will help, why hold back? This is why there werent much baby mamas during our forefathers days. The mans place as captain and lord wasn't under much threat or questioning as the women didn't hold back on eulogizing men by calling them elevating names. There is nothing bad and everything to gain by giving your man that extra blown head by calling your man big names. Try it. As e go sweet make or if i call you my queen of queens na so e good sweet the man too. Instead the concentration now is on blowjobs. All blow*job should not be directed down there but up there. Try mental blow*job, it works. ��
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by CaptainFM1: 12:35pm On May 04, 2018
PrecisionFx:

No.
It is not.

What is it? Regional or National?
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Jeferious: 1:01pm On May 04, 2018
Some people already have very negative vibes and energy, filled to the brim and ready to cause calamity. What I don't understand is why these people won't make themselves ideally useful to the society by joining the military, which would consequently afford them the opportunity to put this negative energy into action by going to warfront to cause better trouble for their country's enemies?...or if you really hate your country, why not join a terrorist group like ISIS or Boko Haram and express your negative vibes in the best way you can against humanity? Why pretend to be a normal human being when you're a personification of Pandora's box? What even makes you think marriage is an ideal battlefield where each person test wits, strength and will against their mate?

Marriage is not for everyone. If you hate peace, look around you- there are wars to fight. Choose your favorite and expend your energy. By the time you're done, you might finally understand the value of peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by kunleweb: 1:12pm On May 04, 2018
Jeferious:
Some people already have very negative vibes and energy, filled to the brim and ready to cause calamity. What I don't understand is why these people won't make themselves ideally useful to the society by joining the military, which would consequently afford them the opportunity to put this negative energy into action by going to warfront to cause better trouble for their country's enemies?...or if you really hate your country, why not join a terrorist group like ISIS or Boko Haram and express your negative vibes in the best way you can against humanity? Why pretend to be a normal human being when you're a personification of Pandora's box? What even makes you think marriage is an ideal battlefield where each person test wits, strength and will against their mate?

Marriage is not for everyone. If you hate peace, look around you- there are wars to fight. Choose your favorite and expend your energy. By the time you're done, you might finally understand the value of peace.

cheesy
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 1:15pm On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

smh. ..

Bride price should be abolished

The money to build a house should be funded by both spouses. if it's rent then both spouses should pay

If that happens will you still be saying men and women aren't equal?
In a case one party is not capable or loses such capability (maybe lose of job or something) somehow later in the marriage would that imply he or she has to be kicked out the equality footing and no longer should be treated nicely since they cant afford nor deserve it anymore? Is that how places and rights are going to be continually swapped based on who is earning what? Will that not lead to insecurity, unhealthy competition and antagonism between couples? Awesome marital relationships are not built on empirical laws my friend.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by kunleweb: 1:22pm On May 04, 2018
princfred:
In a case one party is not capable or loses such capability (maybe lose of job or something) somehow later in the marriage would that imply he or she has to be kicked out the equality footing and no longer should be treated nicely since they cant afford nor deserve it anymore? Is that how places and rights are going to be continually swapped bases on who is earning what? Will that not lead to insecurity and unhealthy competition and antagonism between couples? Awesome marital relationships are not built on empirical laws my friend.

They won't listen, they are doomed to learn the hard way !
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 1:38pm On May 04, 2018
princfred:
A man does not necessarily go about calling himself lord but usually resorts to that when the wife gives him attitude to suggest the opposite or starts pushing the equality mantra probably because of what she earns not knowing that the man also reserves the right to push her off the equality footing when/if she ever encounters financial problems if respect is based solely on who earns what.

There is nothing awkward about it just like i don't believe its awkward or backward for me to call you "my queen". Make your man feel like your lord as much as you would love him to make you feel like his queen. And if calling him that will help, why hold back? This is why there werent much baby mamas during our forefathers days. The mans place as captain and lord wasn't under much threat or questioning as the women didn't hold back on eulogizing men by calling them elevating names. There is nothing bad and everything to gain by giving your man that extra blown head by calling your man big names. Try it. As e go sweet make or if i call you my queen of queens na so e good sweet the man too. Instead the concentration now is on blowjobs. All blow*job should not be directed down there but up there. Try mental blow*job, it works. ��

Then my king is better and less archaic.

No one should should go into marriage with the mind of fighting for supremacy

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 1:38pm On May 04, 2018
kunleweb:

They won't listen, they are doomed to learn the hard way !
lipsrsealed My brother no be small thing. Read Bible people no go gree na to dey do try and luck dey find other alternative orientation even when the evidence of the negative results of these alternative orientation is in their face. Well.....it is written.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by kunleweb: 1:42pm On May 04, 2018
princfred:
grin My brother no be small thing. Read Bible people no go gree na to dey do try and luck dey find other alternative orientation even when the evidence of the negative results of these alternative orientation is in their face. Well.....it is written.

To many the bible is a mere ornament, lots just carry it around, many here ate atheists, few bible readers are sound. It's the precursor to the psychological pain that awaits them in the future, don't try too hard, let them carry the mind of a fighter into their relationships, heartbreak awaits them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 1:51pm On May 04, 2018
ImaIma1:

Then my king is better and less archaic.

No one should should go into marriage with the mind of fighting for supremacy
What ever that gets his mind blown. "Headmaster", "Chief of chiefs", "Lord of the forest", "Captain Dickson". Even if its playfully, just be humble and nice enough to call him that. Its his mind being blown that matters not if whatever is archaic or futuristic. What if you call him my king and that doesn't freak him? Same goes with a lady. Whatever turns her on. "My queen of the seven seas", "my angel from second to last heaven", "My Chocolate from the milky way", "My pumpkin from the garden of Eden". Whatever, just blow minds. Cuz you are doing it for them not for your self - thats selfless-love. For me its "my lord of the rings" grin . After all, they dey call judges lord, who complain?.

That last part is a good one- the summary.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 2:02pm On May 04, 2018
kunleweb:

To many the bible is a mere ornament, lots just carry it around, many here ate atheists, few bible readers are sound. It's the precursor to the psychological pain that awaits them in the future, don't try too hard, let them carry the mind of a fighter into their relationships, heartbreak awaits them.
Sure. Its their call finally. Ours is to share the good news and pray we are saved too. So no one will say "i didnt hear"
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by kunleweb: 2:18pm On May 04, 2018
princfred:
Sure. Its their call finally. Ours is to share the good news and pray we are saved too. So no one will say "i didnt hear"

You're cracking me up. This is rubbin me in a hilarious way, you're making me laugh my head off , my colleagues at work are beginning to suspect me.

Well, you're spot on, when you say our job is to spread the news, conversion is left to the hearer, ours is to sow the seed, and trust the Holyspirit the do His work, and the hearer to yield when they hear, the rest is left to them. Glad to meet a like-minded fellow. What a rare opportunity !

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 2:24pm On May 04, 2018
kunleweb:

You're cracking me up. This is rubbin me in a hilarious way, you're making me laugh my head off , my colleagues at work are beginning to suspect me.

Well, you're spot on, when you say our job is to spread the news, conversion is left to the hearer, ours is to sow the seed, and trust the Holyspirit the do His work, and the hearer to yield when they hear, the rest is left to them. Glad to meet a like-minded fellow. What a rare opportunity !
Am honored to be a part of your fun filled day. Always a pleasure to hear and be heard by a like-mind.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 2:37pm On May 04, 2018
princfred:
What ever that gets his mind blown. "Headmaster", "Chief of chiefs", "Lord of the forest", "Captain Dickson". Even if its playfully, just be humble and nice enough to call him that. Its his mind being blown that matters not if whatever is archaic or futuristic. What if you call him my king and that doesn't freak him? Same goes with a lady. Whatever turns her on. "My queen of the seven seas", "my angel from second to last heaven", "My Chocolate from the milky way", "My pumpkin from the garden of Eden". Whatever, just blow minds. Cuz you are doing it for them not for your self - thats selfless-love. For me its "my lord of the rings" grin . After all, they dey call judges lord, who complain?.

Thats last part is a good one- the summary.

cheesy

Whatever gives you joy
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 3:04pm On May 04, 2018
ImaIma1:

cheesy

Whatever gives you joy

Yeah. Then there is one last one,* come close make i tell you for ear * so another person no go hear. If you call your man his favorite names, blowing his head enough, he will be more "agile" as he will have a better tool to do his "manly duty" i.e perform well. Conversely, if he feels his place as Captain of Jupiter is being slighted upon, it will affect something, yes that thing, that will affect you. Then he has to defend his manhood literally. Believe me grin
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by laudate: 4:13pm On May 04, 2018
princfred:

That last part is a good one- the summary.

Warris dis? "My pumpkin from the garden of Eden??" shocked shocked Chai!
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 4:14pm On May 04, 2018
princfred:

Yeah. Then there is one last one,* come close make i tell you for ear * so another person no go hear. If you call your man his favorite names, blowing his head enough, he will be more "agile" as he will have a better tool to do his "manly duty" i.e perform well. Conversely, if he feels his place as Captain of Jupiter is being slighted upon, it will affect something, yes that thing, that will affect you. Then he has to defend his manhood literally. Believe me grin

Naaah those names don't work for everyone. Some prefer endearing and more romantic names. Not every man is old school and traditional. Some are liberal but it doesn't reduce the respect.

Besides, never a time has any man had to defend his manhood or Lordship to me.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 5:01pm On May 04, 2018
ImaIma1:

Naaah those names don't work for everyone. Some prefer endearing and more romantic names. Not every man is old school and traditional. Some are liberal but it doesn't reduce the respect.

Besides, never a time has any man had to defend his manhood or Lordship to me.
For the bolded, Of course thats why i said " favorite " as in FAVOR+RITE name. Do i need to paste the Wikipedia definition of favorite? The examples i gave above are meant to be sarcastic jokes Of course any guy whose favorite any of them is can claim it. Again personally i take "lord of the ring" cool . Sure every dog has his whistle.

For the second part, just something for the rainy day.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 7:33pm On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
True but there is this belief that it is every man for himself and some people may see it as a competition with others hence the inability for some people to exhibit some of the things you highlighted.That would be a nice world.Good morning.
hmm,every man for himself? but many are religious,and all religious groups are clannish,degree may differ tho.when people of like passion come together,ego flies away(it may come bak sha when d goal is achieved).jesus had his group of twelve,muhamed had his group of followers,adolf hitler had his group of occultist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 04, 2018
felaismyhero:
maybe equatin d presidency wit marriage was not so apt,but the point am making is in any relationship,people are nt equal by virtue of human nature,temperaments etc.the status does not have to be written or spoken,but its there.its possible dat the woman can be d boss in the home,all am saying is sumone has to take d lead or assume responsibility,and its usually d man

People might not be equal in riches and money but all in all na the same six feet we dey enter. I have seen families that the woman does the work of a man as you put it. All I'm saying is that two people enter a marriage as an equal. They make decisions as an equal... A man should perform his duties and a woman should perform hers too.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 04, 2018
princfred:
It depends on your definition of equal rights. A man did not spend his money, time and energy to marry a lady to come and drag right up and down with him while he is taking responsibility of her upkeep or will gladly do if she can't. Those white ladies who invented feminism etc take responsibilities of expenses right from the dating process, even can house and polish even Africans just to be their wife. Also a ship cant have two captains.

Low man mentality. Was the woman begging the man to marry her? Infact who the hell does wedding all by himself these days. When my sister married we did the white wedding and the groom did the Traditional. So be cause your father did your upkeep that means that it's the same for all families right? Succesful men knows that wives are very important that's why they leave decision making to the woman. Na only ogolo poor man dey drag right with wife.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 9:11pm On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Low man mentality. Was the woman begging the man to marry her? Infact who the hell does wedding all by himself these days. When my sister married we did the white wedding and the groom did the Traditional. So be cause your father did your upkeep that means that it's the same for all families right? Succesful men knows that wives are very important that's why they leave decision making to the woman. Na only ogolo poor man dey drag right with wife.
Where this goat come out from dey bleat chaff? How will a ship with two captains or country with two presidents with equal rights function well? Tell your sister to go drag right with her husband then...id*ot.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 9:15pm On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

People might not be equal in riches and money but all in all na the same six feet we dey enter. I have seen families that the woman does the work of a man as you put it. All I'm saying is that two people enter a marriage as an equal. They make decisions as an equal... A man should perform his duties and a woman should perform hers too.
there is no human relationship where both partners are equal,its nt possible.if they really both want to be equals,then they wud fight and separate.d day u find a relationship among equals lasting more than a year,then god must be real! thats how we humans are,not so wit nature that is lifeless
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 04, 2018
princfred:
Where this goat come out from dey bleat chaff? How will a ship with two captain or country with two presidents with equal rights function well? Tell your sister to go drag right with her husband then...id*ot.

What do you mean by Captain sef? So your father made all decision without consulting your mom? If you have a controlling prick as a dad doesn't mean that everybody has that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ifakiland(m): 10:29pm On May 04, 2018
Adamummya:

idiot..shut that hole u call a mouth
Oponu come and shut it na...forking hoe
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 12:43am On May 05, 2018
Because they made the wrong choice with their partners

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Mom Of 5 Dies After Falling Off Party Bus While Celebrating Her 30th Birthday / This Little Girl Got Married In Northern Nigeria (Unconfirmed) / How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.