Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,884 members, 7,798,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? (49213 Views)

Single Mothers' Household Produce The Worst Kids — American Lady(vid,pix) / 'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 03, 2018
Simply because guys are failing to take responsibility for their kids, it takes 2 people to make a baby

6 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 03, 2018
Provabz:
Please I've this thing that have been bothering me and I'll like the house to help me with some reasonable answers..
'Why do we have a lot of single mothers in our current society '?
Mods Abeg push to front page for better answers thanks

And who is "We"

Single mother issue isn't isn't national problem, Rather its a regional problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Espada10: 11:47pm On May 03, 2018
Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers?

Speaking from a male perspective

It is alot easier and affordable with less headache and wahala.

If you play your cards well...It is like eating your cake and having it

Baby mama is the new wife

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Where did you get such statistics?(your first statement)Well I am liberal and progressive in ideology so I won't pretend to form African.I am African by race does not mean I behave like an African in person and can never support or be a part of any African tradition that treats women like second class citizens.So I am grateful to the people who brought in the idea of democracy,liberalism and the age of enlightenment.

The statistics though might not be accurate but it is verifiable. We all know where feminism is rampant and we know the divorce rate and single parent statistics in those places. This is Africa, where we are guided with morals and traditions. Submisiveness and respect is something that can't be wiped out of African morals and traditions. We are product of these things and changing it might hinder our relationships with one another.

Meanwhile, back to the subject at hand, feminism is not the only problem militating against harmonious relationship but then, feminism is a bane

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 11:49pm On May 03, 2018
laudate:

Erm... I believe you wanted to say that most men are chauvinistic?

So now you are in my mind abi
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by softprick: 11:51pm On May 03, 2018
Like I always say WOMEN AINT NOTHING BUT HOS AND TRICKS,they try to get brothers hitched by any means necessary but when it backfires and it turns out the babies ain’t he’s then they end up single mums,women are the cause of their own problems,if only they will toughen up and earn decent money than spreading STI,STD and babies all over the place.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 11:53pm On May 03, 2018
mrphysics:

People should just do the right thing. We all know the right thing but need people to teach/force us to do it.

Love is required from both couples and submission is necessary for both of them too. There is no reason the woman will only 'submit' and not love and the man will 'love' and not submit.
ceriously?,do we all know the 'right thing'? if as a muslim,my wife offends me and i beat her (maybe not too seriously sha),and she reports to u(assumption),am sure i wud have done a 'wrong thing' to u,but have i judging by the quran?i dont think so
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Adamummya(f): 11:54pm On May 03, 2018
Neyoor:

1. Feminism!

They don't want to be submissive to their husbands again. They want to have equal right with their husbands.

Our African culture of submissiveness and respect to one's husband is now archaic to them.

2. Laziness, Greediness and Covectiousness

They don't want to work for their riches, they want to go after anything that can give them money and they keep ending up with the wrong person in the process.

Before you know it, the relationship is over and they become Single mother.

They don't even call it single mother again, they've modernised it to Baba Mama.

Feminism you say ??

what happened to men who are only sperm donors ?

what happened to violent and abusive partners ?

what happened to men who lost interest in the women who gave birth to their kids and decided to call it quits ?

brother biko...for a relationship or marriage to work, it takes both partners not one .... one cannot continue to be fool all in the name of protecting marriage or making a relationship work ...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Shugavee(f): 11:54pm On May 03, 2018
[quote author=Ladyhippolyta88 post=67261742]Let us hear word are the men themselves ready to love their wives.Why the blame game so men do not contribute to the divorce rate abi? because na only women marry And it is only women that make a marriage work or is it only feminist that divorce?Coming with baseless statistics that majority of our single mothers are feminist.[/quotei] school him girllll

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 11:55pm On May 03, 2018
Plusstreet:
Spotted. God did not see the meeting point while making the arrangement for a peaceful home.Na una go tire.

He talked about the man loving the woman. And you know how a man who loves behaves...
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:57pm On May 03, 2018
Neyoor:

The statistics though might not be accurate but it is verifiable. We all know where feminism is rampant and we know the divorce rate and single parent statistics in those places. This is Africa, where we are guided with morals and traditions. Submisiveness and respect is something that can't be wiped out of African morals and traditions. We are product of these things and changing it might hinder our relationship and
Where was your africanism when you were introduced to foreign cultures and ideas like democracy,religion and so on.We are always quick to call ourselves Africans when it suits our view point.Submissiveness and respect is a human attribute and has nothing to do with Africa alone even morals and traditions every human out there have their own definition it is not a gender thing not everyone out there wants society to define their person or individual.Personally speaking you must earn my respect and submission and I won't give it to you because of a joystick.As for feminism and divorce there may be some truth in that because some women are now financially independent now have choices and are not ready to take nonsense from some men.Although I don'tthink it is a feminist thing to be precise some women are not feminist and still end up divorced.The only constant thing in life is change and every human or man made Philosophy/laws would always be subject to change. Feminism cannot only be the bane of harmonious relationships what happened to male chauvinism,misogyny and discrimination against women based on gender?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:58pm On May 03, 2018
[quote author=Shugavee post=67262390][/quote]Already on it sis.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by ImaIma1(f): 12:01am On May 04, 2018
felaismyhero:
wow,you really are realistic nd sensible.let me add to wat u typed.i think a man must show himself worthy of respect;its a useless man dat wud be telling his wife 'why dont u respect me'.our fathers in d past married as many women as they desired and they still got them all to respect them! thats being a man.

He is meant to earn the respect, rather than using it as a punctuation in his sentences everytime.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by eniorisha(m): 12:02am On May 04, 2018
Main reasons are Ladies greed & stupidity. Our society too shld do more to help people see more reasons while they shld settle down. Our churches & govt shld make marriage institutions attractive to our youths. Like d Church helping with 50% of d wedding expenses for d struggling couples & government shld do similar things for them too. Rather, our clergymen preach "bed undefiled" or "wait till marriage" to a 37 yrs old men & 35 years old ladies In d churches. Most time cluelessness & financial struggles make people shy away from responsibility & settling down

My 2 kobo.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 12:12am On May 04, 2018
LivingFree:
I don't know how the law works in nigeria...

In the UK, the mother makes the decision of whether the Father gets to see his children. The mother is the driving force, simple allegations of abuse and she wins. Even if the father is a good father... if she wants the house and his money, it's hers.

Then there are deadbeat dads, like there are deadbeat mums...

Mums and Dads are only human and they don't change by being a parent so they are the cause of their broken homes..

She get's his house and money exactly for what?? divorce or for the false simple abuse accusations that can't be proved like you just said?
who still need evidence??

when I said men are treated like dogs in the UK some people didn't believe.

I don't even see any reason why the woman should decide when the man should be seeing his kids and still ask for child support..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 12:14am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Where was your africanism when you were introduced to foreign cultures and ideas like democracy,religion and so on.We are always quick to call ourselves Africans when it suits our view point.Submissiveness and respect is a human attribute and has nothing to do with Africa alone even morals and traditions every human out there have their own definition it is not a gender thing not everyone out there wants society to define their person or individual.Personally speaking you must earn my respect and submission and I won't give it to you because of a joystick.As for feminism and divorce there may be some truth in that because some women are now financially independent now have choices and are not ready to take nonsense from some men.Although I don'tthink it is a feminist thing to be precise some women are not feminist and still end up divorced.The only constant thing in life is change and every human or man made Philosophy/laws would always be subject to change. Feminism cannot only be the bane of harmonious relationships what happened to male chauvinism,misogyny and discrimination against women based on gender?

Although, change is normal and constant in all facet of lives but yet, Africa will never denigrated to the extent of openly admitting some things, same sex marriage is an example. Yes, we are bond to learn and acquire knowledge but toxic ones will always be refuted. Just as misogyny, chauvinism and some other factors remain the key to single parenthood and failed relationship, feminism is also included.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by rolams(m): 12:15am On May 04, 2018
BECAUSE THERE IS TECHNICAL PROBLEM!
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 12:17am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

you're right.
but Africans will surely resist certain changes.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 12:19am On May 04, 2018
Neyoor:

The statistics though might not be accurate but it is verifiable. We all know where feminism is rampant and we know the divorce rate and single parent statistics in those places. This is Africa, where we are guided with morals and traditions. Submisiveness and respect is something that can't be wiped out of African morals and traditions. We are product of these things and changing it might hinder our relationships with one another.

Meanwhile, back to the subject at hand, feminism is not the only problem militating against harmonious relationship but then, feminism is a bane

point of correction

EVERY SOCIETY IS GUIDED BY MORALS AND TRADITIONS, not just Africa.

It's just that different societies are guided by different traditions, that's it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:20am On May 04, 2018
Neyoor:

Although, change is normal and constant in all facet of lives but yet, Africa will never denigrated to the extent of openly admitting some things, same sex marriage is an example. Yes, we are bond to learn and acquire knowledge but toxic ones will always be refuted. Just as misogyny, chauvinism and some other factors remain the key to single parenthood and failed relationship, feminism is also included.
Well maybe when we start putting ourselves into the shoes of others and stop discrimination of all kinds and love ourselves like siblings then the aforementioned would end.As for same sex marriage.You and I know Nigeria does not play ideological politics and when we start playing such believe me you there would be a chance for such to happen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by mkoabiola: 12:20am On May 04, 2018
Hmmmm serious question with a serious answer

Most of all ds babes are jus too arrogant and unsubmissive

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Shugavee(f): 12:21am On May 04, 2018
eniorisha:
Main reasons are Ladies greed & stupidity. Our society too shld do more to help people see more reasons while they shld settle down. Our churches & govt shld make marriage institutions attractive to our youths. Like d Church helping with 50% of d wedding expenses for d struggling couples & government shld do similar things for them too. Rather, our clergymen preach "bed undefiled" or "wait till marriage" to a 37 yrs old men & 35 years old ladies In d churches. Most time cluelessness & financial struggles make people shy away from responsibility & settling down

My 2 kobo.
lol
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 12:21am On May 04, 2018
DonPiiko:
Simply because guys are failing to take responsibility for their kids, it takes 2 people to make a baby

take responsibility as in??
if the guys are providing foodstuffs and other necessities for the kids must they get married to the ladies??

or when did marrying a lady becomes a man's responsibility?

as long as he's providing for the kid then he's fulfilling his responsibility!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by NairaMaster1(m): 12:23am On May 04, 2018
airmirthd1:
when u rush into marriage, you rush out. This is so rampant

That's wrong dear.

1. Lack of submission due to advancement in civilization and wealth eg Nigeria female celebrities.

2.Women are after money and dick now.

There is no happiness in immorality dear.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Shugavee(f): 12:24am On May 04, 2018
mkoabiola:
Hmmmm serious question with a serious answer

Most of all ds babes are jus too arrogant and unsubmissive
when most guys don't know to treat a woman?? No one is falling on that primitive hole with you !! We wiser now

7 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 12:27am On May 04, 2018
chillychill:

You just said my mind... U'll see dem arguing with you now cos dey it's d true. Y would a female think she has equal rights with her husband

yes a woman has equal rights with her husband.

saying you don't have equal rights with your husband is a quote being used by lazy dependent ladies
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 12:27am On May 04, 2018
[quote author=Ladyhippolyta88 post=67262421]Where was your africanism when you were introduced to foreign cultures and ideas like democracy,religion and so on.We are always quick to call ourselves Africans when it suits our view point. wow,such clear headed thinking! u are so on point labeling submissiveness a human attribute not a cultural or a religious attribute.so it is wit every other positive attributes,they are human not religious or cultural.so its up to us as humans to fan the flames of positive attributes and water down the negative ones(all are in us).u dont need god or culture
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 12:27am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Well maybe when we start putting ourselves into the shoes of others and stop discrimination of all kinds and love ourselves like siblings then the aforementioned would end.As for same sex marriage.You and I know Nigeria does not play ideological politics and when we start playing such believe me you there would be a chance for such to happen.

I pray that will happen in years to come even amidst of several factors tearing us apart. Love is losing its value on daily basis and relationships hardly work again. Although some are still working but I'm sure the reason for this thread is also a pointer to the level and stage we are now.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:28am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

take responsibility as in??
if the guys are providing foodstuffs and other necessities for the kids must they get married to the ladies??

or when did marrying a lady becomes a man's responsibility?

as long as he's providing for the kid then he's fulfilling his responsibility!!

cc ladyhippolyta88
Why the mention?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Shugavee(f): 12:30am On May 04, 2018
NairaMaster1:

That's wrong dear.

1. Lack of submission due to advancement in civilization and wealth eg Nigeria female celebrities.

2.Women are after money and dick now.

There is no happiness in immorality dear.

gone are the days women go after dickks alone we r after money, wealth then a dikkk!!

Its happiness to them,

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Shugavee(f): 12:31am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Why the mention?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by omogin(f): 12:31am On May 04, 2018
Seahawk:
We have single mothers because the sperm contributors refused to be the fathers to their children. Umm? Why is this a question?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy really, where do they contribute the sperms abeg? I have many aging sisters that need to visit them. Anyways when ladies lie or pretend or use juju to marry a man, it won't last. Ladies I don advise una again o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Brings Home His 11yr Old Secret Son To His Wife Of 13yrs (pics/video) / Married Ex / Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.