Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:36 AM

You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio (55403 Views)

Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. / The Favourite Who Loved Me (18+) / The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 6:28pm On May 02, 2018
Hi friends and fans! Angelsss is back with a new story. Follow back to back. It is short and Sweet. Let's have fun!

1 Like

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 6:28pm On May 02, 2018
YOU FIRST LOVED ME BY ROSE AKPABIO
The Island Country of Carida...
The waves of the seas bellowed and tumbled on each other; cool air wafted over the beach; the sand cooled the back of the two lovers as they lay in each other’s arms watching the beauty of the deep blue sea.
They had just finished a round of passionate lovemaking. They were fatigued and satiated. They enjoyed their afterglow by gazing at the raging sea.

Julia’s brown eyes clouded as her phone beeped.
‘Who’s this?’ She placed the phone against her ear.
‘The Phoenix.’ A cold tenor voice replied.
Her blood pumped; her heart danced as she realized whom she was speaking with.
‘Master.’ She licked her lips nervously.
‘Your next job will take you to the Republic of Dania, find Gavin Adediran and kill me. Leave no traces. Make it a neat job.’
Julia nodded to the instructions given, ‘I will master.’

Her lover, Delilah had been watching her face this whole time. She noticed how Julia’s face had travelled from cheerful to dark and unreadable.
‘What’s the problem honey?’ She sat up.
‘Nothing. I’m fine.’ Julia gritted her teeth.
‘No you’re not!’ Delilah knew she was hiding something.
‘Suit yourself.’ Julia rose to her feet and walked far away from the spot where they had laid on.
‘Julia!’ Delilah called her, but she shut her ears to the calls.
She knew how important this job was to her; The Phoenix had catered for her all her life since she had lost contact with her family.
They had taken her up, cleaned her and trained her and now they were making her pay for their services.
She had gone to the best schools, toured different countries; Julia was equally multilingual, efficient in three European languages and two major African languages. So it was easy for her to blend anyway.
She had to do this job neatly, in no time, her target, Gavin Adediran would be reported dead.
She needed to travel to the Republic of Dania, a neighbouring country to the Island of Carida. She needed to blend and find her target before.
Dania Republic...
‘Anything else?’ The bartender asked while drumming his fingers on the table slab.
‘Another bottle.’ Ore replied with a grin.
‘Okay.’ He shrugged, two minutes later, he returned with a bottle scotch.

Tears stung her eyes as the memories of Paul flashed in her mind. He was getting married in two weeks time, still she had not gotten over him.
‘Where are you Lord? Where are you now? She sneered, then laughed.
Ore’s parents had died early, leaving her with her younger sister, Oye who got missing many years back. They had been taken to the orphanage by their relatives who were not willing to take up the responsibility of catering for two kids.
Her lips shivered as she remembered the horrors she had gone through in the orphanage.
From the rapes by the male staff, the starvation and the verbal abuse; she had succeeded in leaving the orphanage at eighteen; she had given her life to Christ and everything seemed to work out well...
‘I hate him.’ she cried.
Paul had been one of the Christian brothers in her local church and they had fallen in love with each other. Everyone knew about their relationship, everyone had expected them to get married, but he had dumped her when she least expected it.
“You are too broken for me, and I don’t think I can get over the stories you told me. I can’t be with a woman who has been raped before, I can’t be with a non-virgin.”
Those were the words he had spoken to her.
All the pain from her sexual abuse she thought were healed resurrected; her heart bled as the painful memories returned.
She had prayed and fasted, begging God to take away those memories; praying to him to heal her, but it seemed God had abandoned her at her time of greatest need.
‘You’re just like the others...’ she whispered to God, people always walked out of her life and he had just become part of that group.
‘Me?’
She froze as she heard a man’s voice.
Her tipsiness paved a little way and she was able to see the man clearly.
‘You look unhappy, drinking won’t solve the problem; it will make the pain bigger. It will make the memories more vivid.’ He said to her.
Ore’s brows furrowed as she looked into the handsome stranger’s beautiful eyes; they were bold and obsidian; broody and neutral. She couldn’t tell what his true intentions were.
And his face really did seem familiar; she had seen this man somewhere but she couldn’t place it.
She opened her mouth to speak but words fled her.
‘Gavin Adediran.’ The stranger stretched his hand and offered her his sweetest smile.
‘Ugh?’ Her eyes grew wide as she recognized the youngest billionaire in Dania Republic.
‘Um...Ore.’ she stuttered and pushed the bottle of scotch away.
‘Nice name.’ He looked straight into her eyes.
Ore had heard many things about the man, she heard he was a womanizer and at the same time a Pastor, she didn’t know what to believe.
‘Can I ask you a question?’ She drawled, the liquor was still working on her.
‘Go ahead...Ore.’ He encouraged her.
‘Are you a womanizer or a Pastor?’ she blurted out.
He chuckled for a few seconds, this lady had a sense of humour but the problems of life tried to steal that joy away.
‘I know you’re wondering why I am in a bar, but I didn’t come on my own. I was sent by someone.’ Gavin replied and he was being truthful.
‘Who?’ She arched a brow.
‘The Holy Spirit. He told me to come here. He said I will meet my destiny.’

9 Likes

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by laraemi(f): 6:35pm On May 02, 2018
You are lifted ma
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 6:49pm On May 02, 2018
laraemi:
You are lifted ma
Thank you Ma
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 02, 2018
Nice one... Following
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 11:02pm On May 02, 2018
Simi69:
Nice one... Following
Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by teanumi(f): 11:11pm On May 02, 2018
am a lover of your stories
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 11:58pm On May 02, 2018
teanumi:
am a lover of your stories
Thank you, keep following dear
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by linobrown9(m): 6:56pm On May 03, 2018
Wow... interesting
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 9:26pm On May 03, 2018
linobrown9:
Wow... interesting
Thank you
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by ayusco85(m): 6:53am On May 04, 2018
Following a fallen angel grin
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Crying4NIGERIA(m): 6:57am On May 04, 2018
Nice One Rose ,u Always A Smart Girl Right From Your Time In Bauchi Keep It Up.
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by GeoSilYe(f): 7:22am On May 04, 2018
Yeeee she's back
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 9:59am On May 04, 2018
Hello. I design ebook covers for only one hundred naira ₦100. PM me or check my signature. https:///2348027329239

I will design your cover in 12-24 hours flat or it's free. Satisfaction guaranteed.

I can design covers for the following:
•Amazon
•Barnes and Noble
•Kobo
•Apple Store
•Draft2digital
•SmashWords
•Okadabooks
•Inkitt
•Blurb

https:///2348027329239

Payment can be made through any of the following:
•Bank transfer.
•Airtime credit. VTU and pin
•Payoneer
•Skrill
•Neteller
•Perfect Money
•Bitcoin or any crypto currency of any kind.

If you would like to see my portfolio, check my nairaland thread on my signature. If you want to chat on WhatsApp, my number is in my signature. https:///2348027329239

You can also quote me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by oluangelkay(f): 10:53am On May 04, 2018
nice story. patiently waiting for more updates. please continue.

1 Like

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by rapulu4: 4:47pm On May 04, 2018
Still waiting. Come and finish what you started.
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 6:43pm On May 04, 2018
Good evening people! Who missed me?
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 6:44pm On May 04, 2018
YOU FIRST LOVED ME- Episode 2
Republic of Dania...

TWO days later...
It was a beautiful Tuesday morning, the sun was mild and friendly, the azure clouds displayed their loveliness, even Ore couldn’t deny how relaxed she was feeling.
She kept thinking about him. The man she had met at the bar who’d come on time, else she would’ve drank herself to stupor! Her eyes were on his complimentary card. He had left her abruptly after receiving a phone call from one of his church members.
‘What was I thinking?’ She rolled her eyes and returned the card in her purse.
He had not said much to her, but from the little, she felt remorseful for her actions. Yes, Paul had ended things with her and was about to wed another woman in a fortnight.
Yes, he had called her broken and made her feel shamed for the past she had no control over.
“I don’t know what you’re passing through Ore, but God wants you to be happy. He wants you to open up yourself, so your healing may be complete.” Those were his words to her.
She found herself smiling sheepishly as she thought about the handsome Pastor Billionaire, Gavin Adediran, the C.E.O of Spice, a multibillion phone producing empire.
He seemed so different from what she had heard about him. Maybe he was a true man of God after all.
‘Excuse me Madam...’
Ore snapped out of her thoughts and turned her attention to one of her students. She was a teacher in one of the best secondary schools on Dania Republic, Little Springs High.
She took off her medicated glasses that shielded her large chestnut eyes from the student who was the most notorious in her class.
‘How may I help you young woman?’ She smiled at the rude girl.
Bella Sebastin was mature than most of her classmates. She was fifteen years old. She was arrogant to both students and teachers. Most teachers had reported her to the school authority but no solid action had been taken, she was from a very wealthy home.
Ore had resolved within to stay away from Bella’s troubles. She decided to ignore her totally.
‘I was not able to submit my home work, here it is.’ She tossed a note on Ore’s desk.
Ore scoffed not believing what had just taken place, ‘Are you okay? I gave this assignment two weeks ago. Why are you just submitting it now?’
Bella rolled her eyes, ‘You better keep your voice down before I get you fired.’
Indignation welled up in Ore as she ran her eyes over the silly girl, her fingers curled into a fist, ready for punching but she held herself as she remembered that Anger was one of the fruits of the flesh.
‘You will not lead me to temptation.’ Ore waved a finger across her face.
‘Whatever, we both know you are the devil.’ Bella hissed loudly before walking away.
The rest of her mates stared open mouthed, with great shock while some giggled mischievously.
Tears welled up in Ore’s eyes as she stared at the faces of her students who were giggling. It brought back memories of her painful childhood. She had no friends in school except Oye her sister, most girls avoided her like plague simply because she came from the orphanage. And orphanage kids were considered a bad omen.

‘Bella...’ she yelled, her chestnut eyes darkening as rage sizzled in her.
Bella continued walking, like she heard nothing.
Ore drew in a deep breath like it was her last, about to call her name the second time when she heard a gentle whisper: “Be calm.”
‘What?’ She swallowed.
“For the fruits of the Holy Spirit are love, joy, peace, PATIENCE...” the gentle voice whispered.
Ore closed her eyes, she bit her lips as she realized who was talking to her. She shut her mind to everything else, just to hear more from him.
“Bella needs your love. It is your love that would bring her joy and peace. It is your patience that would draw her to me.”
‘Lord why? She is rude and annoying! She just insulted me in front of the whole class!’ Ore’s mind whispered back to the third person in the trinity.
But there was no answer, silence clouded her mind. A freezing quietness filled her.
Only then, did her anger flee.
The beep of her phone unsettled her, then her eyes cracked open.
‘Gavin...’ she smiled and rushed to fetch her phone.
Gavin Adediran was many things. A pastor. A billionaire. An obedient son.
He loved his family with everything in him and could sacrifice his life just to keep them happy. Theirs was a close knitted family. He had just one sibling, Lily, his young and pretty sister. They lost their father at a very young age, but with the help and supervision of their mother, they were able to come out achievers.

The Adedirans always had breakfast together.
The dining hall was large; chandeliers dripped from the ceiling, even the walls too. They showered off their majesty in the splash of silver lights that fell on the marble floor.
‘Where is your sister honey?’ Mrs. Adediran asked Gavin.
The servants had served them a delicious Caribbean meal as breakfast; Poudin and Souce; a marriage of mashed sweet potatoes and pork chops.
‘Painting her face as usual.’ Gavin laughed.
‘That girl would not be the end of me.’ The woman chuckled.
She was so proud to have them as kids, the joy of every mother was to have successful children and her darlings were successful.
‘I am sorry, a bit late!’ Lily trotted into the dining hall.
‘Whatever, say Grace Gavin.’ Mrs. Adediran turned to her son who sat directly opposite her.
In a few seconds the prayer was over and they were all busy with their forks and knives.
‘Someone wants to work in my department.’ Lily announced as she chewed on her food.
She chaired the advertising department of the family business empire.
‘Nice, you’ve been looking for assistant for so long.’ Gabriel nodded.
‘Yes, she actually wants to be my Personal Assistant.’ Lily replied.
‘Okay, cool.’ Gavin returned.
They ate in silence for a few more minutes.
Mrs. Adediran would stare at Gavin for some moments then smile, unknown to her he had been watching her out of the corner of his eyes.
‘What is it mum? Spit it.’ He knew she was up to something.
‘Um...there is this special girl I want you to meet. She comes from a prominent family in the Island of Carida...her parents are serious minded Christians and I am sure she would make a good wife for you.’ She smiled, knowing that her son would buy the idea.
Gavin laughed it off, he felt his mother was joking.
‘Her name is Delilah Badkins. She is super cute and you will love her.’
Gabriel could see she was determined to match make him with some strange woman; he didn’t want to argue with her, he simply let her wallow in her early morning reverie of finding him a wife.
‘Mum, I don’t think Gavin is interested in this Delilah, look at his face, it’s grim and lacklustre. Maybe he has found himself a wife.’ Lily winked.
Mrs. Adediran impatiently cut in, ‘Tell me Gavin, have you found a wife? Have you?’
The Island of Carida...

‘Where are you off to baby?’ Delilah wrapped her slender arms round her lover, Julia.
Julia had been acting really strange since their fight at the beach. She was reserved and dull. She was always on her computer doing god knows what.
‘Somewhere.’ Julia’s reply was taut, unwelcoming.
‘Look, I am tired of you shutting me out. What’s your problem? Since that weird phone call at the beach, you have been acting weird. Are you cheating on me?’ Delilah released her immediately.

Julia kissed her teeth. Why couldn’t Delilah give her some space? She needed all the focus to succeed in this operation which was the easiest she would do and yet seemed the toughest.
‘I have to travel Delilah, it’s really important. I am not cheating on you. If I were, I’d let you know.’ Julia closed the box and moved towards the bed.
She had done some research on her target. He was a simple man, good looking too, it was a shame that he would die in her arms. She had been given two weeks ultimatum for the job, that was time enough. The longest she had been given by The Phoenix.
‘You’re leaving me for someone else?’ Delilah’s voice was broken.
‘Hell no, can you just stop?’ Julia too out a cig from her pocket and lit it.
Her heart was beating fast, like that of a drum on a bonfire night. She couldn’t believe she would set foot on Dania republic after all these years. She thought of the beautiful water birds; the bright face of the sun whenever it was summer; the scent of nutmeg bread which was her favourite in the mornings.
‘Sister...’ she murmured, was she still alive?
‘Take me with you.’ Delilah cried.
Julia’s mind was made up, she would slaughter Gavin Adediran just like the rest of her victims.
She drew out the cigarette from her tiny lips, rings of smoke danced out of her mouth.
‘Take...’ she offered Delilah the cig.
‘What for?’ Delilah asked.
‘Whenever you think of me, light one. As the smoke flows out, think of me. I am always there with you Dee. I love you.’ She dropped a light kiss on her lover’s forehead.
Those were her last words to Delilah, before she stormed out of their little house, determined to bring justice to the Phoenix.

Rose Akpabio@2018

7 Likes

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Ann2012(f): 7:47pm On May 04, 2018
I'm following all through ma'am, keep the updates coming
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 04, 2018
Hmmmm... I think Julia is Ore's sister
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 5:19pm On May 08, 2018
YOU FIRST LOVED ME – EPISODE 3
REPUBLIC of Dania....
‘How are you today Ore?’ Gavin asked.
‘I am fine sir.’ She replied with a beating heart. She couldn’t believe he’d actually call. Gavin Adediran had called her!
He chuckled, ‘Can you just stop with the formality, call me Gavin and I’ll call you Ore.’
She rolled her eyes, ‘And if I don’t?’
‘I’ll call you darling.’ His voice was low and incredibly deep.
Blood tweaked her cheeks, she felt shy, ‘So how are you doing today?’
‘Um, nothing much, just in the office.’ Gavin replied.
They’d been speaking to each other for some days. Discussing random topics, but nothing personal. She wished they could go deeper, she really enjoyed his company but she was scared to go there, what if he just wanted to keep her at arm’s length. She didn’t want to seem clingy or desperate.
‘Are you free tonight?’ Gavin asked, he’d missed her so much and he couldn’t wait to set eyes on her again.
‘Yes. Yes. Why?’ She stuttered.
‘Let’s have dinner tonight, I’ll text you details.’
‘Alright, that would be cool.’
‘Have a nice day Ore, and remember that Jesus is with you no matter what you’re going through.’
‘Thanks Si...Gavin.’
She peeled the phone from the side of her face and dropped it on the desk before her.
‘Wow.’ She closed her eyes, talking to Gavin always made her feel better.
She was so excited about dinner later that night. It meant so much that a man of his standing would want to go out with her, a teacher!
‘Breathe Ore, breathe, you can handle this.’ She inhaled deeply.
‘It’s time for you class Madam.’
Immediately her eyes cracked open, she had lost herself in an early morning reverie of Gavin and herself being something more than friends.
That was very silly of you, she thought. She realized that she had a crush on Gavin. Well who wouldn’t? He was very handsome and God fearing. Now, that was the kind of man most ladies wanted.
‘Thank you Tigris.’ She smiled at the class representative.
She carried her textbook and a marker then marched towards the blackboard. Ore enjoyed teaching her students; she loved sharing the little knowledge that God had given to her.
‘Good morning class.’ She smiled as she scanned their little faces.
“Good morning Madam.” They chorused.
‘Today, we’ll be considering Hormones.’ She scribbled swiftly on the board. Her ears fluttered as the students began to giggle. She ignored them at first, reminding herself that they were teenagers and needed to be treated with patience and a high level of tolerance.
But when the giggle protruded into full blown laughter, she swirled round.
‘Ego, are you alright?’
She was surprised to see the girl looking so dirty and unkempt. Her dress was torn in many places and her hair was obviously not combed for some days.
‘Talk to me, what’s wrong?’ She walked towards her.
Ego’s eyes were bloodshot, her lips were cracked and she was shivering all over.
‘Stay away from me bitch! I hate all of you!’ she yelled angrily, before Ore could react, the girl scurried out of the class like a scared rabbit.
The pupils laughed loudly and jeered as she ran.
‘Silence! Silence all of you.’ Ore cautioned them.
There was something wrong with Ego, something off about her behaviour today.
She closed her eyes, hoping to gain focus but she found herself trapped in a trance.
She was in another world, one of eeriness and darkness; a path that was murky, one that led nowhere. Wild shrubs grew by the side, the cries of crows made the atmosphere thick.
‘Where am I?’ She wondered.
But there was no answer, for she was alone.
She tried to move fast, but it seemed her feet was being dragged by something. Suddenly she felt a cold hand by her shoulder, when she opened her eyes, she found her ex standing right before her with a crooked smile.
‘Hello darling, how are you?’
‘Jesus!’ Ore gasped and opened her eyes. What did this mean?
‘It seems somebody is in love.’ Lila winked at her brother.
She’d watched his whole face the entire time he made the call. She had never seen her brother being so excited about a woman.
‘Don’t put a label on it yet. I don’t even know if she is the one.’ Gavin replied.
He had gone to that bar to find someone, but he had left ten minutes after because of the urgent call he received from a member. The Holy Spirit had not yet revealed who his destiny was.
But one thing was for sure, he liked Ore. He loved her meek and kind spirit. She was very beautiful too.
He loved how radiant her dark skin was. It was smooth and flawless. Her hair flowed to her back and it was natural. Her brown eyes were pools of serenity, welcoming and trusting. Ore was not just a dove, she was a beautiful one.
‘Tell me a little about her.’ Lily was curious.
‘Well, her name is Ore Martins. She teaches in a High School. She is born again. Humble and caring. She is a black beauty.’ He replied.
Gavin noticed a slight change in his sister, her smile faded, her brows wrinkled and deep frown settled over her features.
‘Are you alright?’ He watched her closely.
‘Not really, there was this girl in my Secondary school, her name was Ore Martins.’ Lily returned.
‘And?’ Gavin raised a brow.
‘She had a mental problem. From the stories I heard, she was into prostitution and drug addiction. Most of the girls didn’t mix with her.’ Lily said.
Gavin felt bad for the person his sister had just told him about, but he was quite sure that was not his Ore.
‘Too bad, this Ore is different.’ He shook his head.
‘I hope so.’ She replied.
‘There’s someone I’d love for you to meet. The applicant that I told you about. I like her already; she is quiet and knows her place. I just want you to take a look, maybe ask her a few questions.’ Lily needed her brother’s approval before employing the lady.
‘Nice, send her in.’ Gavin affirmed with a nod.
‘You may go in.’ The receptionist motioned her to the door just as she dropped her phone.
‘Thanks.’ Julia smiled at the young woman.
She couldn’t believe it would be this easy to gain access to such a huge empire. Her heart raced as she grabbed the door knob, she always felt this blood lust, this excitement whenever she was about to meet her prey for the first time.
She pushed open the door and stepped inside.
‘Good morning Sir.’ She bowed her head politely as she spotted the man she was to eliminate in fourteen days.
One word, “hot.” Julia felt pity that such a handsome man would go to waste. He was tall. Caramel skinned. Jet black eyes, and curly hair. He welcomed her with a smile that would’ve melted her heart if she were into men. Too bad she wasn’t.
‘Welcome Irene, I hope you don’t mind me using your first name?’ Gabriel rose to his feet to receive her.
‘No problem sir. Thank you.’ She took his hands.
‘My sister Lily has told me much about you. She thinks you are very good, hence suitable for the job.’ His hands were still bound to hers in a handshake.
‘Yes.’ Irene smiled, trying her best to win his attention.
She knew deep down, that it wouldn’t be easy assassinating a man like Gavin Adediran and this was the reason she had been given two weeks.
Irene was a fair complexioned lady. She had light brown eyes and full red lips. But there was something about her; Gavin couldn’t place a finger on it. Her eyes reminded him of Ore, but he quickly pushed the thoughts aside.
Julia could feel Gavin’s eyes boring into her, did he like her? Was she attracted to her? She hoped he was, that would be the fastest way to eliminate him.
He was still looking into her eyes when a vision flashed right before him.
Gavin was immediately transported to another realm. He found a man on a hill, dressed in black clothes.
‘I know you are Gavin Adediran.’ The man bellowed at him from the top of the hill.
‘Who are you and why are you there?’ Gavin asked.
‘My name is Paul.’ The strange man replied.
Then he began to laugh, a wicked gleam filled his eyes, before Gavin could respond the vision faded.
‘So do you have any experience at this kind of work?’ He asked Irene.
Though he looked composed, the strange vision troubled his mind. Was Paul a demon? Was he human?
Who was Paul and what did he want with him?
The Island of Carida...
Delilah was not happy with the way Julia left her, she suspected that her partner was cheating on her, but she was not too sure. She decided to pay her parents a visit for the few days Julia was out of town.
She came from one of the wealthiest families in the Island. Her family had a goldmine, so they would never be poor. They were very religious people, this was the reason she had not opened up about her sexual orientation.
Delilah was bisexual. She was attracted to both men and women, though she had fallen for Julia. If her family ever got to know about her dark side, they would be so disappointed.
‘Welcome home mistress.’ One of the maids greeted as she brought her convertible to a halt.
‘Harra, how are you?’ She winked at the girl.
‘Fine thank you mistress.’ Harra replied.
‘Where’s everyone? The compound seems empty.’ Delilah noticed how quiet the place was.
‘Um, a visitor came, an important one.’ Harra informed Delilah of an unfamiliar person who’d been openly welcomed by her parents.
‘Okay, get my stuff from the boot, see you later.’ Delilah walked briskly towards the mansion, wondering what her parents were up to.
She found them laughing and dining with a middle aged woman who was very beautiful. She had never seen this woman before.
Delilah took a deep breath and stepped out of the shadows, into the fluorescent.
‘Good evening everyone.’ She announced her presence.
‘Darling! I was about to call you, how have you been?’ Her mother rose to welcome her.
‘Jesus has been faithful mother. He has been with me this whole time.’ Delilah did a little acting, if her parents knew she was no longer religious they’d really be unhappy with her and she didn’t want that.
‘Praise God!’ her father waved his hands.
‘Meet our guest, Mrs. Adediran, all the way from Dania Republic.’ Her mother pushed her gently towards the woman.
‘Hello Delilah’ Mrs. Adediran was very sure she had found the perfect wife for Gavin, her son.

TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW...
Written by Rose Akpabio.

8 Likes

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by temzei(f): 5:58pm On May 08, 2018
Interesting
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by FortunateB(f): 2:04pm On May 09, 2018
Following you bumper to bumper, no leaving your side oooo, your really nailing it here. More Wisdom
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 4:54am On May 16, 2018
YOU FIRST LOVED ME –EPISODE 4
The Island of Carida
Delilah was a very attractive young woman. Her most striking figure was her sleepy brown eyes, they reminded Mrs. Adediran of walnuts. She had a beautiful figure, her firm hips rested on a pair of slender legs. She had a creamy and flawless complexion, as if she had never stepped into the face of the sun.
‘You have a very pretty daughter.’ She turned to her friend, Mrs. Badkins, whom she hoped would become her in-law soon enough.
‘A well bred one too. My daughter is among the few young women who are ardent followers of Christ on this Island.’ Mrs. Badkins confessed, praising her child in the process as well.
‘I am very pleased to meet with you Delilah.’ Mrs. Adediran offered her a chair next to her.
Delilah was all smiles as she took a seat next to the woman.
She was yet to know the reason for the woman’s visit, but she wouldn’t pry. She knew her parents were up to something. Whenever her mother served her best dishes and added an extra polish to her behaviour just to impress someone, something fishy always happened after.
Her mother poured a bottle of grape wine into her glass and served her some honey cakes and raisins.
Delilah was not really hungry, all she could think of was Julia and the reason she had not returned any of her calls. Julia was hiding something from her, she could feel it strongly. Why couldn’t she give her a detailed information about her trip to Dania republic? What was so special about her trip that needed to be confidential?
‘So tell me a little about yourself.’ Mrs. Adediran inquired.
‘Um...’ Delilah licked her lips nervously. First, she didn’t know how to begin. Secondly, she wondered why the woman was so eager to know about her.
‘I don’t have much to tell.’ She started.
‘Come off it darling, don’t be modest or do you want me to help out?’ Her mother cut in.
‘Honey, I think we should leave them both, they need this time together so they can bond.’ Her father took her mother’s hands, and led them both away from the table.
Things were happening quite fast, and confusing. Why would they leave her on the table to dine with a total stranger?
‘I was born and bred here. I studied accounting in the Federal University of Carida. I work with my father’s company but I am on a four month leave now.’ Delilah said.
Mrs. Adediran was pleased with her profile. She was not only from a wealthy background, but she was ambitious and serious minded, just like her son, Gavin.
‘So you have lived all your life in Carida Island?’ Mrs. Adediran was curious.
Delilah laughed, ‘Not at all, I go on vacations when I am free. I have travelled to five different countries in Africa. South Africa being the first, Zambia, Senegal, Mauritania and Angola. These places have a rich cultural heritage. Then internationally, I’ve been to the United States a couple of times, I’ve been to London thrice and I have set foot in Asia once.’
‘What took you to Asia?’ Mrs. Adediran was already satisfied with her choice for Gavin.
‘Dubai. I went shopping for someone.’ Delilah blushed as she remembered that particular trip. She had gone to Dubai on a Christmas Holiday with her lover Julia and they had spent all their nights making out and drinking wine.
Mrs. Adediran spotted the glitter in her eyes as she spoke of Dubai.
‘Can I ask you a rather personal question?’
‘Yes Madam, go ahead.’
‘Are you in a relationship with someone currently?’ The woman inquired.
Delilah dropped the fork she held, her heart was beating fast. She knew she was a terrible liar and she didn’t want to mess things up with her parents who knew she was not seeing anyone at the moment.
‘We just broke up.’ She lied.
‘Perfect.’ A smile warmed Mrs. Adediran’s face.
‘Huh?’ Delilah was confused.
Mrs. Adediran warmed her shoulder with a touch, ‘You see Delilah, I have been on a little search for a suitable wife for my son, Gavin Adediran. You come from a powerful home, a Christian family, a perfect match for my own family. I have already discussed with your parents and they like the idea of you and Gavin being together.’ she released Delilah’s shoulder and pulled out Gavin’s picture from her hand bag.
‘Here...that is Gavin.’
Delilah’s heart dropped at the sight of his dark eyes.
‘Your parents have agreed. Everything rests on you now.’ Mrs. Adediran smiled, she could see a flame of admiration glowing in Delilah’s eyes.
The man was very attractive. He looked tame yet powerful. He looked kind yet commanding and autocratic. There were many things about this man, many sides to him. He was different from the other men she had seen, his looks were rather too wild to be tamed with a word as ‘Handsome’. Gavin Adediran was not handsome, he surpassed it.
She thought of Julia and how much she loved her. But what if Julia had gone to Carida to see another woman? Or man? What if she was cheating?
Delilah closed her eyes, she was confused! She knew very well that she could never come out as a bi, her parents would disown her, she would become an outcast in her family and community.
She planned to get married one day, but not this soon, everything depended on Julia.
‘I’ll think about it Madam.’ Delilah smiled.
‘Perfect, please call me when you have made a decision. I cannot wait to see you in Dania republic.’ Madam Adediran bustled with joy, Delilah was smitten with Gavin’s look it was that obvious.
Her phone buzzed five minutes later, it was Julia.
‘Excuse me Ma, I need to take this call.’ Delilah left the dining room immediately.
‘Julia, where the hell have you been and why have you been ignoring my calls?’ She fired at her lover.
‘Can you just stop raising your voice bitch?’ Julia snapped at her.
‘What? What did you just call me?’ Delilah fumed.
‘I called to tell you something important, but your bitchy attitude won’t let me. Goodbye.’ Julia ended the call abruptly.
Delilah peeled the phone from her ears and stared at it.
‘Okay, that didn’t just happen.’
Tears stung her eyes as she went back on their conversation. Julia was with someone else, she was quite sure of this.
‘There’s no need of wasting my time on you.’ She wiped her face with the back of her hands, straightened her skirt and walked back to the dining.
‘I think I am ready.’ She announced.
‘For what dear?’ Mrs. Adediran asked.
‘To meet with your son, Gavin.’
Dania Republic...
‘Shit.’ Julia cursed as she dropped the phone in her purse. She was in a terrible mood today. She felt choked by the images of her life in Dania that kept flashing through her mind.
This was not good for the job. She wished she could’ve told the Phoenix about her inability to carry out the job, but that would have meant her death. With the Phoenix, there was no refusal, all you had to do was obey.
She had never experienced any fear whenever she came close to her victims. But something strange happened to her earlier, while she’d shaken hands with her new boss, Gavin Adediran, she had felt a cold sensation all over her body. That was nothing but fear, raw fear.
There was something strange about the man. She was scared of Gavin Adediran.
‘I need to get my shit right.’ She murmured as she stared at the bathroom mirror.
She needed to get her act together and study her new environment. First, she would forget everything that would get her distracted, first on that list was Delilah, and her sister...
She took out the picture she had always kept close to her heart, that of her and her sister hugging each other. She walked straight to the nearest open cistern and tossed it in.
‘I am sorry sister, but I have to let you go. I have to get this job done.’ She flushed the toilet hurriedly and returned to her bag.
She took out a vial containing some wraps of cocaine, the drug was her favourite, it calmed her nerves always, made her feel relaxed and on top of the world.
She hummed Kendrick’s Bitch don’t kill my vibe before sniffing the white powder into her nostrils. The powder tickled her a bit, then dissolved into her nostrils, melting away into the river of her blood.
A fire started in her brain, an ecstatic feeling waved over her.
As she lifted her eyes to her reflection on the mirror, she met a woman with hollow eyes and a confident smile. This was all she needed to get rid of Gavin Adediran.
She repeated this sniffing process till she was satiated.
Her body stilled as her phone rang, it was The Phoenix.
‘Shit.’ She exhaled sharply and gathered the other paper wraps back into the vial.
‘Master.’ She whispered.
‘How far have you gone?’
‘I’ve gotten a job. I shook hands with him today.’ She replied.
‘Good.’
A portentous silence hung over the phone. Then the master said, ‘Very good. Check your mail, I’ve sent you more details about Gavin. His church, his family and...the dinner.’
‘What dinner master?’ Julia asked.
‘Weeks back, one of your sisters was sent to trail Gavin Adediran. He walked into a bar and spoke with a drunk lady whose phone we tapped. We have been watching these two closely and they would be having dinner tonight.’
‘That’s wonderful.’ Julia smiled, this would make her job easier.
‘Why can’t I just kill him at once?’ She was getting impatient.
‘Be careful, Gavin is a dangerous man. You are the tenth assassin to go after him. The others either ran away or died mysteriously.’ The master warned.
‘You must meet a certain man tomorrow by the Central Dania Park. His name is Paul and he is a master too.’
‘As you wish master.’ Julia held her breath, releasing it immediately the call was over.
She quickly took out her jotter, and scribbled down all the points.
Why did The Phoenix want Gavin Adediran dead? From the little she knew about him, his money was clean, so were his records. The man was not a shady person, so why did the Phoenix want him dead?
She was never told the reason why the organisation wanted a particular person, but she was curious about Gavin, the man seemed really different from the other people she had been assigned to kill.
She couldn’t wait to see him dine with his woman. Maybe she could trail his girlfriend or whoever she was, maybe she could find out more.
Gavin had called Ore ten minutes earlier, asking for her address as he meant to pick her up for their dinner. His mind was troubled still, he had prayed and asked the Holy Spirit to help him understand the vision about the strange man. But there had been no other revelation or answer from him.
‘Be with me tonight Jesus.’ Gavin kissed his mini bible and dropped it in his pocket, he never left home without it.
He was dressed simply in a deep blue denim and a black jacket. He couldn’t wait to see Ore again, he was very excited about this dinner.
‘Someone is going on a date.’ Lily who’d been watching a soap opera turned her attention towards him.
‘Seriously?’ He laughed.
‘I can’t wait to tell mum about this, so she could stop fishing for a wife’ Lily winked.
‘By the way, where is mother? I have not set eyes on her the whole of today.’ Gavin asked.
Lily was about to respond when the door flew wide open and their mother walked in with a blazingly attractive light skinned woman.
‘Gavin, please meet Delilah.’ His mother led the lady towards him.
Written by Rose AKPABIO.
To be continued....
Picture source:black love art.com

2 Likes

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by laraemi(f): 5:55am On May 16, 2018
Well done ma
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Nmaglit: 9:06am On May 16, 2018
weldone nice story
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Temperance7(f): 9:24am On May 16, 2018
This is really awesome Angelsss. I'm enjoying every bit of it. More updates please
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by temzei(f): 3:50pm On May 23, 2018
Well done ma
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Ann2012(f): 8:14pm On May 23, 2018
Tnx for the update.... More pls
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by chrysan(f): 11:31am On May 24, 2018
Nice story, angelsss
Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 10:11am On May 26, 2018
Dania Republic...
Gavin couldn’t take his eyes off the pretty lady. She had a beautiful face and an inviting smile, but the moment he looked into her eyes, he found a well of emptiness and loneliness settling there.
‘Nice to meet you Delilah.’ He tore his eyes away from hers and moved towards her.
Mrs. Adediran was all smiles, she read Gavin’s warm reception of Delilah as progress. She just couldn’t wait to make this girl her daughter- in-law, she was the perfect woman for Gavin.
‘I’ve heard so many things about you too Gavin. You’re such an amazing person.’ Delilah’s voice was excited and full of expectation. She realized the picture of him that his mother had shown him back in the Island of Carida was a lie. Gavin was more handsome in reality.
She took in his leather jacket and his denim, he had a good dress sense too. His sexy black eyes were all consuming, he exuded a kind of energy, an authority that she didn’t understand, yet she yearned to be a part of it.
‘Really? Am I that popular?’ He winked and offered her his hand which she took without hesitation.
Delilah laughed, ‘That would be a story for another day.’
‘I see you two are getting along perfectly, why don’t I make some tea or cabbage soup?’ Mrs. Adediran walked up to them.
Gavin sighed as his eyes fell on the clock, he was already thirty minutes late. Ore would feel bad or think he wouldn’t show up again, but he was determined to see her...to look into her angelic eyes once more.
‘I am sorry mum, I think you should take good care of Delilah, I have an important meeting to get to.’ Gavin apologized, but he was smart not to tell his mother about the nature of this meeting.
‘Oh...’ Delilah arched a brow, she ran her eyes over his clothes once more. Whatever meeting he had was not a business meeting, else he would’ve been dressed formally. Her heart missed a beat as she imagined him being with another woman.
She pushed the thoughts aside as he placed a warm hand on her shoulder, ‘I’ll be back for you Delilah, mum and Lily can take good care of you.’ Gavin said to her.
His words made her feel special. It made her feel like a horse with wings and she would soar this new skies like the victor that she was. Already, her heart was fastened to Gavin Adediran and nothing was going to tear them apart.
‘Don’t be sad Delilah, Gavin is also a pastor. He is a very busy person, but he keeps to his promise. He would be back soon.’ His mother cut in, feeling confident that her son had accepted her choice for him.
‘Very well then, see you people later.’ Gavin waved at the women before strolling out.
Delilah couldn’t take her eyes off him, she liked hi already! She had put Julia behind her and she would move on like nothing ever happened between them.
She threw her phone on the bed and sat dejectedly, why had Gavin abandoned her? She had not asked him for a date, he had been the one to suggest it, why had he forgotten her now?
Ore felt slightly foolish as she stared at the clothes sprawled at the foot of her wardrobe. She had tried on different clothes, tossing each aside after staring at her mirror. She had wanted to look her best for him, after trying out ten dresses she had settled for something simple.
She wore a black skirt on a peach cashmere top. She packed her long black hair in a bun and wore a pair of diamond studs as earrings. Her lips were adorned with a nude lip wear, but her eyes and brows were left untouched.
She hummed a song as she stared at her ceiling, it was happening all over again.
Tears splashed in her eyes as she remembered the evening that her ex had dumped her. She thought of the vision of him she had earlier in school...she straightened up immediately as she heard a knock on the door, the thought of Paul vanishing from her mind immediately.
‘Who’s there?’ She waited for an answer before pulling open her door.
‘It’s me...Gavin.’
She couldn’t hide the excitement that coursed through her the moment she set her eyes on him. He had not abandoned her after all!
‘Um, come on in...’ her palms suddenly felt wet, as they did whenever she was nervous or anxious about something.
Her breathing became fast as he walked closer to her, no man had ever made her feel this way.
‘I am sorry Ore...’ Gavin stood just a stone throw away from her.
Her heart fluttered as he apologized, no man had ever apologized to her, not even her ex Paul. She swallowed and took a deep breath, not knowing how to respond, so she simply smiled.
‘Thank you.’
‘You have a beautiful place.’ Gavin’s eyes roamed the cosy and warm apartment, it was small but neat and well arranged.
A picture caught his eyes, it was on her centre table.
‘Looks familiar...’ he pointed at the photo.
‘Really? Those are my classmates, we took a group picture once.’ Ore replied, the smile she wore fading slowly from her face as she remembered how she had been treated as an outcast back in school.
Some of the girls knew she came from the orphanage and they knew how girls from the orphanage always got raped and sexually abused, she had confided in one of the girls, sharing the pain she experienced on daily basis, only for the girl to share her secrets with others.
From her secret grew lies and rumours, one that spread through the whole school.
‘Cute picture.’ Gavin remarked, the uniform of the pupils seemed quite familiar but he soon lost interest. All he wanted was to get to a fancy place, drink some wine and eat good food with Ore close to him.
‘Are you ready to go now?’ He asked.
‘Yes. Yes.’ She nodded, her excitement returning soon after.
Julia was highly prudent in her job. She decided to meet up with the other master as directed by The Phoenix, there was no point of waiting. Time was a luxury, that she could not afford.
Gavin Adediran intrigued her, how could a man withstand ten assassins before her? What was so special about this man? She couldn’t wait to place her finger on that mirage.
She had waited at the Dania Central Park as directed, hoping to see the new master that would give her instructions.
She took in the clean smell of the air, loving the way the breeze danced with her hair. It was night, so the sun had divorced the clouds, sending the moon to do battle with the stars that multiplied each minute.
A smile curled her beautiful lips as he basked in the gloriousness of nature...
‘Dania with the beautiful sky.’ She murmured and closed her eyes.
Dania Republic was just as beautiful as she remembered. It was less industrialized than Carida, the people were much more friendly and it’s cities were not as heavily populated as Carida’s.
Julia missed her home. She missed the sister, whose reflection she had flushed down the toilet earlier.
She felt sorry for her actions, for shutting her lover Delilah out, but it was important for her to make those sacrifices, all she wanted was a special place at the Phoenix and she knew how she could gain that spot.
Killing Gavin would make her a hero, it would make her the most successful assassin that ever lived and she wanted that more than anything. It was not like she enjoyed killing people, but she had been trained to do so from an early age. Blood was the language she understood. Death was her culture. Taking lives was her pleasure. Guns were her gods and she worshipped them with her heart.
Her skin tingled, the hairs on her nape arose as she felt a presence. Julia reached out for her pistol immediately, knowing that she was no longer alone.
‘You can put your gun now Julia...relax.’ an unfamiliar baritone announced.
She rose to her feet immediately and swirled round to face him.
He was a tall and dark man. He was handsome too but his eyes were cold and held no humour, not that she needed it, but she felt uncomfortable with him. She didn’t like him one bit.
‘Master...’ she bowed her head immediately as she recognized the tattoo of a phoenix on his neck.
‘Rise...’ The master said to her.
‘I know that I am supposed to tell you more about Gavin Adediran, that would be another day. There is a project I am working on...’ he paused and looked towards his car.
‘What project master?’ Julia bowed her head.
‘Come with me.’
Julia fell behind his shadow as he led them towards his convertible.
The master pulled open his car immediately, Julia felt shocked as he spotted a teenage girl whose hands and feet were tied up. She wore nothing but her panties and her bra...
‘Is this the project?’ Julia swallowed, feeling sympathy for the girl, she was even surprised at her own project.
‘Yes, her name is Ego and I want to train her to be like you’ The master grinned wickedly.
‘Oh...’ Julia arched her brow.
‘It is called Operation wild the dove. Ten girls are selected, raped and tortured. The strongest that survive are trained into assassins, but they would be more ruthless and dangerous than your type.’ The master winked.
His description of what was done to these girls already weakened her, but she tried so much not to show this.
‘They will be better assassins because their tongue would be cut off, they will live underground for the rest of their lives. Stepping out of the establishment of the Phoenix only when they have to assassinate someone.’ The master explained.
Julia felt sick as she stared at the innocent eyes of the girl. Her body was covered with wounds and scratches and her lips were swollen.
Julia peeled her eyes from the girl and settled it on the ground.
‘The reason we want Gavin Adediran dead is because of a prophecy he made some months back.’ The master replied.
Gavin had stood in his altar prophesying about an evil organisation that would make use of young girls to wreck havoc to the whole world.
‘So killing him would also kill this prophecy?’ Julia pondered.
‘Yes...you must go now Julia...the lovers must have reached the restaurant now.’ The master said.
Julia bowed, she had a spying job to do.
‘Make sure you get as close as possible. I want to hear about everything being discussed.’ The master gave her further instructions.
‘Yes master.’ Julia nodded.
‘You may call me Paul, I have not yet reached the level of master. I am aiming towards it.’
TO BE CONTINUED....
Jesus saves. He can take your pain away. Kill that bad habit you’re struggling with. Provide your needs. Give you peace! Give your life to him today!

12 Likes

Re: You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio by Ann2012(f): 12:17pm On May 26, 2018
Tnx for the update ma'am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mom's New Boyfriend / Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / Funny 40 Alleged Quotes From President ROBERT MUGABE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.