Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Ukraine Ticket - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ukraine Ticket (13998 Views)

Who Else Is Travelling To Ukraine By September / Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? / Life In Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine Ticket by guseman(m): 2:24am On May 20, 2010
@all

Please i will like to know how much is the cost of a year round trip ticket from Nigeria to Ukraine as requested as one of the Visa criteria ?

I need honest answers pls,

Thanks.
Re: Ukraine Ticket by guseman(m): 11:54pm On May 20, 2010
guys please i need your honest response.

Thx.
Re: Ukraine Ticket by suxes2005(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2010
Where in Ukraine r u goin?

SHALOM
Re: Ukraine Ticket by sklinks(m): 3:22pm On May 21, 2010
@ poster, u need to compare price with turkish airline (www.thy.com) turkish operate to five destionation in Ukraine ( Kiev-Simferopol- Donetsk-Dnepropetrovsk and Odessa)the last one i bought was 1870$ during december 2009.
Re: Ukraine Ticket by suxes2005(m): 6:44pm On May 21, 2010
@poster, dont try to take turkish airline.

IT is not advisable at all.

Anyways, i check B.A but wil check l8a
for you and give u price and itinerary.

SHALOM
Re: Ukraine Ticket by suxes2005(m): 7:01pm On May 21, 2010
@ poster, klm is 1233.64 from lagos
to Kiev, Ukraine on a return tkt.

SHALOM
Re: Ukraine Ticket by bbwollex(m): 10:37pm On May 21, 2010
Hello
PLZ after the completion of all documents required,but no tuition and accomodation fee paid.would the ukrainian consular gives out VISA to the student?

PLS hope to hear a vital information,
Re: Ukraine Ticket by suxes2005(m): 4:15am On May 22, 2010
^^^^^^ Were you asked to pay for
accomodation and school fees before you
can submit your documents?

SHALOM
Re: Ukraine Ticket by bbwollex(m): 10:00am On May 22, 2010
Noo but i was told by some one to pay for the course fee bfore applying for visa.but i'm afriad may be they will refused some one if no payment for tuition fee.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Ticket by guseman(m): 5:41am On May 23, 2010
@suxes,sklinks
Thanks so much.

@pixxon
i will see what i can do.

@all
Thanks so much the info is helpful

@bbwollex
U dont need to pay accommodation and tuition fees to secure d insurance of visa. It is not a MUST, u pay on arrival.
Re: Ukraine Ticket by bbwollex(m): 4:03pm On May 23, 2010
@guseman
thanx very much for ur contribution, it really helps alot.
Re: Ukraine Ticket by guseman(m): 12:29pm On May 24, 2010
@pixxon
U claimed that your students' left for Ukraine last week and the week b4? But on the Ukrainian embassy in Nigeria, it is clearly stated that

"Be advised that students are allowed to enter the territory of Ukraine between 15 August and 15 November only. Visa interviews are being conducted between 1 July and 11 November".

So can you justify your claims cos i understand that they offer only one set of admission in a year. i stand to be corrected!

@bbwolex

U a welcome.

INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS

AND INTERMEDIARY COMPANIES

Please read all the information carefully. If you do not follow the instructions described below your application will not be accepted or you will be denied visa. This page will be updated periodically.

Check the following recourses if you need general information about educational system of Ukraine, to review the list of higher educational institutions in Ukraine, to choose a school and a course of study:

http://www.osvitainfo.com.ua/files/HE.rar

http://www.ednu.kiev.ua/index_e.htm

http://en.study-ua.com

http://www.intered.gov.ua/site/home/about

It is advisable that a prospective student personally makes basic research on Ukraine, its traditions and lifestyle, a city where s/he is going to stay, his/her school and the course of study. To live and study abroad, in a different part of the world is the experience of life and an advantage in itself. Ukraine is a large European country with rich history and culture worthwhile to explore and understand, but for someone unprepared such a change can cause major culture shock and frustration, and lead to quitting studies. Hence young people travelling from West Africa to East Europe are expected to have some basic familiarity with the country of destination.

To apply for student visa a prospective student has to obtain an original of an invitation valid for a particular school. According to the Ukrainian legislation there are only two legal ways to obtain such an invitation: (i) directly from a school (not through friends or relatives staying in Ukraine), which is possible only if an applicant stayed in Ukraine before and obtained the invitation during the period of his/her stay; or (ii) through intermediary companies (not private persons, but companies) which signed an agreement either with the Ukrainian Centre for International Education of the Ministry of Education of Ukraine or with a particular school. If an agreement is signed with a school the latter must send a copy of such an agreement to the Ukrainian Centre for International Education for registration. The reverse side of each invitation should be filled by an inviting school stating name of an intermediary company and its certificate number. Invitations with empty space on the reverse side WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, unless they were received by an applicant directly from a school (not by mail, not through other people).

Please be informed that intermediary companies cannot guarantee visa under any circumstances. Nobody has any influence on the decision made by a consular officer. So if you are asked to pay for positive decision you are being fleeced. An intermediary company can only consult you on a selection of a school and a course of study, receive an invitation, assist with preparation of the documents necessary for application for student visa, provide other consulting services. Refuse to pay for positive decision on your visa application, for forge of the documents with the view to comply with the requirements (on fake documents and other grounds for refusal to issue visa read on a separate sheet), for jumping the queue, for issuance of visa in your absence (personal interview is absolutely obligatory).

Be advised that students are allowed to enter the territory of Ukraine between 15 August and 15 November only. Visa interviews are being conducted between 1 July and 11 November.

Applicants for student visa have to submit the following documents:

(i) passport valid for at least one month after an expiration of visa (normally student visa is a single entry visa valid for twelve months, but if you have not extended your passport validity visa duration will be shorter where possible or application will not be accepted if passport has expired or close to expire at the date of application). Please, allow at least one empty page for a visa;

(ii) application form. It is free of charge to download an electronic version of an application form from this web-site or to obtain a paper version at the Embassy. If you choose to collect a paper application form at the Embassy and submit it on the same day, please, keep in mind that you have to fill in it carefully, clearly and precisely, so you may wish to spend some time for this purpose. Application form must be filled in and signed personally by the applicant;

(iii) original invitation with the name of an intermediary company and its certificate number on the reverse side and a photocopy of the invitation. When you receive an invitation make sure there are no mistakes and typos: your name, date of birth, passport number should be identical to those indicated in your passport you submit for visa;

(iv) copies of the educational credentials (testimonial, the grades obtained (WAEC, NECO), and if an applicant goes for the Master’s - the first degree too), each legalised by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria. Ministry does not legalise originals, hence photocopies must be legalised and submitted WITH the originals. All the documents must be translated into Ukrainian*;

(v) eligibility letter issued by the Ministry of Education of Nigeria stating that an applicant has completed secondary education at a recognised school in Nigeria and s/he is entitled to pursue his/her Bachelor’s degree at any higher educational institution in Nigeria. If an applicant intends to go for the Master’s the letter should state that an applicant obtained his/her Bachelor’s degree at a recognised higher educational institution in Nigeria and is entitled to pursue his/her Master’s degree at any higher educational institution in Nigeria. The letter must be legalised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria. The letter must be translated into Ukrainian*;

(vi) medical certificates** of general fitness and of HIV negative status of an applicant (can be one medical certificate or two separate certificates, but HIV negative status must be stated directly and easily identified, no expressions like “Retroviral test –” or “ART test” should be used). This certificate must be legalised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria. It must be also translated into Ukrainian*. Medical certificates are valid for TWO MONTHS, which means an applicant has to enrol to his/her institution within two months since medical certificates were issued;

(vii) original of birth certificate and a copy legalised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria. Birth certificate must be translated into Ukrainian*;

(viii) receipts from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria for payment for legalisation of the documents mentioned above;

(ix) original and a photocopy of medical insurance covering medical aid and repatriation of the body, valid until the end of November 2009. No need for legalisation or translation of medical insurance;

(x) original of a sponsorship letter in a form of a court affidavit, which must include a full name of a sponsor, his/her address, landline and mobile telephone number, email (if any), and obligation of a sponsor to cover expenses of an applicant (amount of money needed for tuition fees and daily expenses should be stated in US dollars);

(xi) a photocopy of good quality of a data page of the sponsor’s passport or his/her National Identity Card or driving license;

(xiii) original of recent bank statements of a sponsor (for the past six months);

(xiv) open return ticket valid for one year and its photocopy;

(xv) any other documents which can strengthen an application (if there is a gap after applicant’s last study exhaustive evidence of what an applicant did during that period must be submitted. If an applicant continued his/her studies but have not graduated, was employed, or did charity, or travelled or was involved in self education or the like, STRONG proofs should be presented (transcripts from university, letter of appointment, letter from employer, payslips, ID cards, photographs, receipts etc etc). This is an applicant’s responsibility to prove by any means his/her genuine intentions to study, to finish his/her course of study and not to breach immigration rules of Ukraine. So bring to the interview any documents you can suggest can strengthen your application.

Prospective students from Ghana, Benin and other countries applying for student visa at the Embassy of Ukraine in Nigeria, submit the same documents listed above issued by appropriate authorities of their countries and legalised by the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of their countries AND by the embassies or high commissions of their countries in Nigeria.

Fees and terms:

Visa applications are processed and visas are issued within TEN workdays (days when the Embassy is open and do not include weekends and holidays) from a date when ALL obligatory documents are submitted and consular fees are paid. Expedient processing is within THREE workdays and cost is doubled (except for certification of translations and copies).

Visa application processing fees

Normal (4 to 10 workdays, depending on workload)

Express (1 to 3 workdays, depending on workload)

Application processing fee (is non-refundable)

$45 / N6750

$90 / N13500

Visa

$20 / N3000

$40 / N6000

Legalisation (per document)

$30 / N4500

$60 / N9000

Certification of translation (per page)

$40 / N6000

$40 / N6000

Certification of a copy (per page)

$25 / N3750

$25 / N3750

Calculation of total cost for a “standard” set of six documents (testimonial, exams results, eligibility letter, two medical certificates (general fitness and HIV status) and birth certificate):

N6750 + N3000 + N4500x6 + N6000x6 + N3750x3 = N84000 or

$45 + $20 + $30x6 + $40x6 + $25x3 = $560 – 4 to 10 workdays

N13500 + N6000 + N9000x6 + N6000x6 + N3750x3 = N120750 or

$90 + $40 + $60x6 + $40x6 + $25x3 = $805 – 1 to 3 workdays

Costs may vary depending on the number of the documents submitted and number of pages the documents consist of.

* Machine (computer) translations from English into Ukrainian are NOT ACCEPTED. For translation services we recommend the following companies (these are just suggestions and if an applicant has access to any other translator either in Nigeria, Ukraine or any other country whose translations are of good quality an applicant can use that translator’s services):

(i) Citadel Education International

Suite 1.19, Oyibo Odinamadu Block, National Centre for Women Development

Central Area, opp. CBN, Garki, Abuja

Tel. 08038249687, 07057907176

email: citadel_edu@ymail.com

(ii) Taikin Logistics Services NIG LTD

Plot 1165, Adetokunbo Ademola, opposite Pirelli Tyres, Wuse II, Abuja

Tel. 08023385472, 07028401979

(ii) In the Republic of Benin (translation from French into Ukrainian):

carré No 242, rue du Dahomey, quartier Zongo, 01 BP 8122, Cotonou

Tel. 00 229 97 380200

email: mariakoukp@mail.ru

** Medical check up and HIV status test should be made at the following clinics:

(i) Plot 643, Gimbiya street, Area 11, Garki, Abuja

Tel. 093149224, 08044115848

(iii) Kings Care Hospital Ltd, Head Office

Plot 2181, Ibrahim Babangida Way, Wuse II, Abuja

Web-site http://kingscarehospital.org/contactus.html

(iv) Natafod Consultants Hospital
104 Cemetery Road, NEPA bus stop, Mosafejo Amukoko, through Ijora or Boundry, Lagos
Re: Ukraine Ticket by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 24, 2010
Turkish to ukraine 126,786 Iberiaair 125,400
Re: Ukraine Ticket by suxes2005(m): 3:35pm On May 25, 2010
Pls dont fly with Turkish airline oo

I dont fink its gud!

SHALOM
Re: Ukraine Ticket by OtunbaGm: 11:33pm On May 27, 2010
@ Pixxon

U said ur students traveled two weeks ago, how ? when it is stated on Ukraine embassy in Nigeria that

'Be advised that students are allowed to enter the territory of Ukraine between 15 August and 15 November only. Visa interviews are being conducted between 1 July and 11 November.
Re: Ukraine Ticket by taitee(f): 1:28pm On May 31, 2010
pls it is compoulsory to go thru an agent b4 u can study in ukraine? I AV MY ADMISN LETTR N IM ABOUT GOIN 2 PROCESS VISA N SOME SAY I AV TO GO THRU AN AGENT. WHAT IS D TRUTH
Re: Ukraine Ticket by DrKitaun(m): 2:56pm On May 31, 2010
How did u get ur admission letter in d 1st place ? What schl ?

Can u translate ur docs into Russian by urself?

Do u know what it entails from d period u depart till when u must have paid ur sch fees and settling down.

Best, go thru a reliable agent . . .
Re: Ukraine Ticket by DrKitaun(m): 2:58pm On May 31, 2010
Suxes2005

whats ur qualms with Turkish airlines ?
Re: Ukraine Ticket by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 31, 2010
Are you sure you wish to go to Ukraine,  My advise to you is to do your research very well before deciding to go to that part of the world.

9 and a half years ago, I travelled to Russia because my cousin was murdered there, by the police , although they tried to claim it was other Nigerians that killed him.

I arrived to find that most oyibo in the country were dirt poor and africans are highly oppressed and discriminated against. To the extent that it was impossible for them to even get lowly paid menial jobs.

The result of this is that Africans in Russia who do not have financial support from home were unable to sustain themselves without having to resort to dealing drugs.

many were trapped and could not even raise the money to buy a plane ticket home.

Please if you do not have some one to finance your stay in these countries, do you research very well before deciding to travel to any country in eastern Europe.
Re: Ukraine Ticket by DrKitaun(m): 10:53pm On May 31, 2010
^nice post.

However, I do warn anyone that cares to listen that WORK & STUDY SCHEME aint available in Ukraine, yet some of d students over there are wise enuff to delve into little biz like getting weaveon from here to sell, sadly a few of our Naija boys do yahoo over there, but largely students over there depend on their parents 4 dere upkeep.

If you must study in Ukraine, ur papa must hold pay!
Re: Ukraine Ticket by DANTE4LIFE(m): 8:28am On Jun 01, 2010
@OtunbaGm
Be advised that students are allowed to enter the territory of Ukraine between 15 August and 15 November only. Visa interviews are being conducted between 1 July and 11 November.
I strongly support that statement but what you said 15 August and 15 November means only two days which has a different meaning to some people its meant to be from 15 August to 15 November but as of last year some came in till 7th January if your invitation and visa still reads.
@Dr Kitaun 
Insert Quote
How did u get your admission letter in d 1st place ? What schl ?
Can u translate your docs into Russian by urself?
Also supported schools start to issue admission/invitation letters May, confirmation gets to the embassy from 1st of June. Which means that PIXXONS or whatever is just looking for those to scam. Also documents for Ukraine are translated into Ukrainian language but if you do not know you will think its Russian language
Re: Ukraine Ticket by DrKitaun(m): 9:06am On Jun 01, 2010
^LOL. Very accurate
Re: Ukraine Ticket by suxes2005(m): 11:33am On Jun 01, 2010
@Dr. Kitaun

Not me but a friend whose brother was deported
from Turkey, heard some fw pple talked about
it also. So i dnt fink its gud to fly wiv dem

SHALOM
Re: Ukraine Ticket by OtunbaGm: 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2010
@dante4life
Your response is noted

@Dr Kitaun
are u saying there are no Nigerian student working and schooling in Ukraine?
Re: Ukraine Ticket by DrKitaun(m): 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2010
OtunbaGM

Students work for and by themselves, especially those who can braid or plait hair.
Re: Ukraine Ticket by carteriv20: 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2010
@DANTE4LIFE
plzzz i'll like to know if a student who has got his visa can travel by the end of july,, and i'll like to know if the visa can be issued outside ur home country
Re: Ukraine Ticket by taitee(f): 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
hi dr kitaun sori i dint gt ur mail cud u resend it. 10x.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Living In Suleja? / FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line / Charles, A Christian From Nigeria Beaten, Abducted By Armed Gangs In Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.