Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,799 members, 7,806,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification (3139 Views)

The Dilemma Of An Accountant / The Dilemma Of A Family man with mouth to Feed And Unpaid Bills / The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Stopcomplaining(m): 8:49am On May 03, 2018
Hello Nairalanders I need honest opinion pls:

It is very common that people do false declaration of age, for age advantage, to get Government job in Nigeria. My father did that, if not for his age reduction during his recruitment, he would have been retired by now, because he is already 60 but still in the service, where as, the law says that civil servant are to be retired by age 60, either 35 years service is reached or not. Or you can only spend 35 years in service before age 60.

My Dad, who is also a senior ranked officer in Nigeria Prison Service, is of the strong opinion that I must reduce my age in this prison recruitment. He says at my age, I will have been retired(clock 60) before spending 35 years service. As a result he expects me to cut my age by 5

The issue is I don't give a Bleep about working in Nigeria civil service for 35 years for personal reasons and ambitions. Nigeria should give me accolade if I can endure 30 years in their system, my opinion though.

Besides, by principle, I don't believe in falsification just to gain advantage of 5 more years in service. Moreover, I have this fear that I might be caught if I follow Dad's order because all of my documents have age synchrony. For example

1. My WAEC certificate has my age boldly written on it. (I told dad, he said I shd use NECO result that has no age inscription)

2 My degree Certificate has my date of birth boldly inscribed on it.

3. Nigeria of today has BVN and NIN, of which i used my normal age, and since NIN number is asked for the registration, i'm afraid one might not be able to circumvent.

My Dad is stern, highly opinionated, believes he's always right at all time, you don't dare argue with him, he knows also I can be stubborn as well, so he has been on my neck, calling me everyday to remind me that i must reduce my age. (Meanwhile i'm a medical graduate going for the Supretendent cadre)

What should i do? I need suggestions and advice, as i'm in a dilemma of offending my Dad for life cos he hardly forgives offence. or can I falsify age without being caught in my situation? Or am i Just being stupid and childish? I need help and and mature contribution pls.
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Nobody: 9:33am On May 03, 2018
Stopcomplaining:
Hello Nairalanders I need honest opinion pls:

It is very common that people do false declaration of age, for age advantage, to get Government job in Nigeria. My father did that, if not for his age reduction during his recruitment, he would have been retired by now, because he is already 60 but still in the service, where as, the law says that civil servant are to be retired by age 60, either 35 years service is reached or not. Or you can only spend 35 years in service before age 60.

My Dad, who is also a senior ranked officer in Nigeria Prison Service, is of the strong opinion that I must reduce my age in this prison recruitment. He says at my age, I will have been retired(clock 60) before spending 35 years service. As a result he expects me to cut my age by 5

The issue is I don't give a Bleep about working in Nigeria civil service for 35 years for personal reasons and ambitions. Nigeria should give me accolade if I can endure 30 years in their system, my opinion though.

Besides, by principle, I don't believe in falsification just to gain advantage of 5 more years in service. Moreover, I have this fear that I might be caught if I follow Dad's order because all of my documents have age synchrony. For example

1. My WAEC certificate has my age boldly written on it. (I told dad, he said I shd use NECO result that has no age inscription)

2 My degree Certificate has my date of birth boldly inscribed on it.

3. Nigeria of today has BVN and NIN, of which i used my normal age, and since NIN number is asked for the registration, i'm afraid one might not be able to circumvent.

My Dad is stern, highly opinionated, believes he's always right at all time, you don't dare argue with him, he knows also I can be stubborn as well, so he has been on my neck, calling me everyday to remind me that i must reduce my age. (Meanwhile i'm a medical graduate going for the Supretendent cadre)

What should i do? I need suggestions and advice, as i'm in a dilemma of offending my Dad for life cos he hardly forgives offence. or can I falsify age without being caught in my situation? Or am i Just being stupid and childish? I need help and and mature contribution pls.

Please follow your medical dream and Dont falsify your age. As much as you want to please your father or not to upset him, Dont do falsify your age because it will bounce back at you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by neolboy(m): 9:44am On May 03, 2018
Wise decision do not falsify your age for whatsoever reasons

I believe you are not a small boy who is being directed on what to do by your father, they can be sterned sometimes but just stick to your stand and whenever he asked you just tell him working for 5yrs or retiring earlier won't affect your future.

Let him know you represent a better nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Stopcomplaining(m): 10:12am On May 03, 2018
neolboy:
Wise decision do not falsify your age for whatsoever reasons

I believe you are not a small boy who is being directed on what to do by your father, they can be sterned sometimes but just stick to your stand and whenever he asked you just tell him working for 5yrs or retiring earlier won't affect your future.

Let him know you represent a better nigeria

Thanks for the response...I wish i could let him know i represent better Nigeria though he will take offence. Thanks for the input
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by damiBJ: 11:01am On May 03, 2018
Stopcomplaining:

Thanks for the response...I wish i could let him know i represent better Nigeria though he will take offence. Thanks for the input

Just be grateful to God and ur dad.....tank God u already hv a promising career...a medical doctor....if not for dat.....ask me I go jist u beta
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Mustay(m): 11:33am On May 03, 2018
Do you want to feature in a drama called scandals? There's a way that falsification will get back at you. Whatever you enjoy now will just be brought-forward gratification.

You know Nigeria has bad belle people. Even when you do legit stuff, they look for holes. You now want to feed the troll with these actions. Mba
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Uzosaint(m): 11:54am On May 03, 2018
My broda in as much as I will advice u to follow ur dreams,still pray about it seriously cos its a major decision u re abt taking, I d love to have ur contact cos am also applying with the prisons on a Graduate Cadre(First degree).Good luck in ur endeavors.

1 Like

Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Stopcomplaining(m): 2:13pm On May 03, 2018
Mustay:
Do you want to feature in a drama called scandals? There's a way that falsification will get back at you. Whatever you enjoy now will just be brought-forward gratification.

You know Nigeria has bad belle people. Even when you do legit stuff, they look for holes. You now want to feed the troll with these actions. Mba

Thank you Sir. But how is it that many people do it in civil service today and seem to go scot free?
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Ifakiland(m): 2:21pm On May 03, 2018
What's this wan saying?
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by AgentGoat: 2:24pm On May 03, 2018
I'm sorry to say your father is one of the problems of this country undecided

1 Like

Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by MVLOX(m): 2:28pm On May 03, 2018
My guy no do ooo.... No go use Nigeria prison service jab way u neva sure say u go get even get spoil Matters for u ooo... I rest my case
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 03, 2018
I will be 31 by Oct. Can i apply please?
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Stopcomplaining(m): 3:07pm On May 03, 2018
AgentGoat:
I'm sorry to say your father is one of the problems of this country undecided
You may say but not easily. How many politicians today use their real age? Same applies to most senior civil servants especially in the military and paramilitary. Even Buhari, we dont know his age, I think its the problem of the system that allows loopholes which citizens love to exploit. In the U.S or Europe it is not easy to falsify age if you were born there cos of their data capture system. To me anyway, these are petty reasons to be dishonest, life is more than spending more time in civil service.
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Stopcomplaining(m): 3:08pm On May 03, 2018
Ifakiland:
What's this wan saying?
if you have no idea to contribute, u can pass bro. U know?
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Mustay(m): 4:47pm On May 03, 2018
Stopcomplaining:

Thank you Sir. But how is it that many people do it in civil service today and seem to go scot free?

Because corruption is pervasive and the whistle-blower is not yet to blow. Those who want to snitch will snitch when they want to. Not everyone is interested in your progress which is why I said it's better not to feed the trolls. Falsify and you'll give them enough to latch on to. Don't you observe the way our bloggers dig up rubbish and make it look meaningful and our people jump into conclusions? That's the society we are in today.

1 Like

Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by obaataaokpaewu: 5:54pm On May 03, 2018
Age falsification! This reminds of my social studies teacher in school. He died like less than 10 years after retirement but I was shocked when I saw the age on his obituary poster, 81years shocked shocked
There was a time his family members came to the school complaining to the principal that the man ought to have retired but he was still in service then embarassed embarassed
Keep resting in peace Panku

1 Like

Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Generaloluseye: 8:58pm On May 03, 2018
@orangedream. I sigh u
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Generaloluseye: 8:59pm On May 03, 2018
OrangeDream:
I will be 31 by Oct. Can i apply please?
Pls chat me up. I have lost your contact
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Dallazday(m): 10:03pm On May 03, 2018
please I am having difficulty accessing the form, how did you go about it
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Stopcomplaining(m): 11:04pm On May 03, 2018
Dallazday:
please I am having difficulty accessing the form, how did you go about it
i havent completed my application too. I think the best idea is to do it in the midnight cos the site is suffering from heavy traffic
Re: Prison Recruitment: Dilemma Of Age Falsification by Dallazday(m): 11:19pm On May 03, 2018
Stopcomplaining:
i havent completed my application too. I think the best idea is to do it in the midnight cos the site is suffering from heavy traffic
ok. thank you

(1) (Reply)

Nondera Energy Oil & Gas Graduate Trainee Programme 2020 / Npower,successful Applicant In Imo State Let Meet Here / Which Transport Company Is The Best In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.