Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,519 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Please Recommend A Good Gynecologist - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Recommend A Good Gynecologist (8280 Views)

Pls Doctors And Gynecologist In The House Am In Dire Need Of Help!! / How To Keep Your Vagina Smelling Fresh By Gynecologist / Gynecologist In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend A Good Gynecologist by Cruisez: 8:41am On May 20, 2010
Good morning all

A friend is about 7 weeks pregnant and her gyn. suggested abortion due to complications i can't understand. Problem is, she does not trust the gyn. to do the D&C accurately. I strongly suspect she wants one that will assure her she is at no risk and that she can keep the pregnancy. Pls, ladies that has been in such situation, can you recommend a gyn. she can consult? One that can investigate appropriately and if D&C remains the only way out, will do the job professionally so she can get pregnant again without delay.

Thank you all in anticipation,
Re: Please Recommend A Good Gynecologist by Romeo4real(m): 12:05pm On May 20, 2010
A friend isĀ  about 7 weeks pregnant and her gyn. suggested abortion due to complications i can't understand.

If she does not trust the GYNE to do the D&C, why does she trust him when he says she needs an abortion? I may be wrong, but your friend seems less bothered about losing the baby, but more bothered about the efficiency of the D&C procedure.
What EXACTLY were the reasons the OBG suggested abortion? What complications? To the mother, or the foetus? Also there is an advisory waiting period of 6mths before another conception after a D&C procedure, so im not sure about getting pregnant without "delay"

There are not many health reasons for the abortion of a 7 week old fetus. Amongst the important reasons would be a tubal pregnancy/ectopic pregnancy, a potentially fatal illness, such as Cancer, or even AIDS, a pre-existing pathological condition incompatible with the process of pregnancy, such as a serious cardiovascular illness.

Other viable conditions would be if the fetus has a serious malformation, such as Anencephaly or Potter's Syndrome, in which there is no possibility of life outside of the womb.

Dilation and curettage (D&C) does carry serious risks and can have major health implications. Chief amongst these are hemorrhage, infections, a perforated uterus, irregular periods - all of which can lead to an inability or difficulty in conceiving, or even result in a fatality.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Gynecologist by Lynakenz: 2:46pm On May 20, 2010
pls where do i get a good gynacology hospital in abuja, i was sent for womb x ray by a doctor friend, but he is not in the country now to see the result. i have beenn trying to concieve.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Gynecologist by darren19: 6:05pm On Nov 18, 2019
I will recommend LifeCrest Medical Services any day anytime.

Read below from their website

Our focus is to care for the whole patient, with particular emphasis on the female reproductive system, including routine primary and preventive care, pregnancy and delivery, menopause, and medical or surgical management of all gynaecological disorders.

Our doctors provide a full range of general gynaecologic services for women, from yearly examinations and screenings to highly specialized procedures. General gynaecologic problems include abnormal bleeding, chronic pelvic pain, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, loss of bladder control, pelvic floor disorders, problems with pelvic support and contraceptive counseling.

In our center, we have a full range of diagnostic tools to assist our providers in providing an accurate diagnosis at your initial visit. Services include ultrasound, endoscopic examination, laparoscopic surgery and pap tests and colposcopy to evaluate abnormal Pap tests.

Our providers can initiate comprehensive evaluation and treatment for health concerns associated with menopause, including osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease. Many problems can be managed using medication, lifestyle modification or non-invasive techniques.

https://lifecrestmedicalservices.com/gynaecological-services/

Phone: 08118160477 | 09099999680

(1) (Reply)

Miracle! Man,completly Cut In Half By Vehicle Accident Walk Again-pictures/video / The Pap Smear (Test For Cervical Cancer)! / Remarks Of Chairman, PSC On COVID-19 At the National Briefing (August 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.