Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Why Wike Is At War With His Conscience, Says Senator Uchendu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Wike Is At War With His Conscience, Says Senator Uchendu (377 Views)

Hotel Demolition: Sowore Reacts "Wike Is Mad, He’ll Pay For His Sins One Day!" / Why Wike Was Rejected By Rivers People / Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Wike Is At War With His Conscience, Says Senator Uchendu by Nobody: 7:34am On May 04, 2018
http://thenationonlineng.net/why-wike-is-at-war-with-his-conscience-says-senator-uchendu/

The lawmaker representing Rivers East Senatorial District, Senator Andrew Uchendu, has stated that Governor Nyesom Wike is at war with his conscience, because he (Wike) betrayed his benefactor, Rotimi Amaechi, a former Rivers governor and current Minister of Transportation.

Uchendu, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), on Wednesday in Port Harcourt, through his Special Assistant on Media, Solomon Okocha, described as shocking, the decision of Wike of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to work against Amaechi who facilitated his re-election as chairman of Obio/Akpor Local Government council, made him chief of staff, Government House, Port Harcourt in 2007 and recommended him to the then President Goodluck Jonathan for ministerial appointment in 2011.

Wike, through Rivers Commissioner for Information and Communications, Chief Emma Okah, a lawyer, earlier alleged that Uchendu, a three-term former member of the House of Representatives, was at war with his conscience over the sack of Senator George Sekibo of PDP by the Court of Appeal.

Uchendu said: “I am not at war with my conscience over my electoral victory, because the same judiciary that ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), to withdraw the certificate of return from George Sekibo of the PDP, and immediately give it to me, having won majority of the lawful votes cast during the December 10, 2016 Re-run Election, was the same institution that declared Wike governor of Rivers, even after the Supreme Court described the 2015 governorship election in the state as a theatre of war.

“If there is anybody who is fighting with his conscience, then it should be Wike, who after so many years of eating from the same plate with his former master, Amaechi, turned around and betrayed him like the Biblical Judas Iscariot, simply because of inordinate political ambition. After treating the former Rivers governor in such a manner, Wike has no moral right to talk about who has conscience or not.

“Wike’s conscience is also troubling him, because the six police officers, who he used to invade the Rivers East collation centre, to make sure that I was not declared the winner of the re-run election, have all been dismissed from service. The sack of the 23 INEC officials, who confessed to have received N360 million from Wike to rig the polls must be a terrible burden on Rivers governor’s conscience.

“It is unfortunate that Wike, who did not contest any election with me, has continued to wail on behalf of my opponent. This is simply a case of one crying more than the bereaved. If Wike is not satisfied with the judgment of the appellate court, he should get ready to meet me in the field, if I eventually get the ticket of my party to run in 2019.”

The Rivers governor, while also speaking, condemned the decision of Uchendu not to accept his gift of a brand new, 2017 model of Toyota Land Cruiser Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV), which other members of the National Assembly from Rivers state recently accepted, to facilitate their jobs and positively project the image of the Niger Delta state.

The representative of Rivers East Senatorial District stated that he had not been officially informed of the allocation of SUV by Wike’s administration.

He said: “As at today, no official of the Rivers State government has informed me of any vehicle allocated to me by Wike’s government. My written request to the Rivers governor over four months ago for a courtesy visit and a reminder a month ago were met with cold silence. So, saying that I refused to accept the SUV from Wike is an attempt to blackmail me.

“I wish to advise Wike to stop fighting me, because I believe that the time is ripe to make peace for the greater good of Rivers State. Wike knows that I have the capacity to make peace happen. Fortunately, Rt. Hon. Amaechi has consented to my proposal for reconciliation, peace and development in Rivers State. Wike should take a cue from the Transportation Minister, by first responding positively to my request for a courtesy visit.”

Uchendu also described as a huge success, last Saturday’s thanksgiving service in Port Harcourt, which was organised by his family to honour God for his electoral victory, but expressed surprise that Wike, out of hatred for him, declared a “special” sanitation exercise for the first time this year, to frustrate the programme, insisting that God, however, took control.
Re: Why Wike Is At War With His Conscience, Says Senator Uchendu by Dawax: 7:52am On May 04, 2018
It is high time these politicians from Rivers State regardless of their party affiliations come to the round table and make peace for the development of the state. Enough of playing politics of bitterness and hatred... May God help us

(1) (Reply)

WATCH VIDEO: Young Nigerians Say It Is Their Turn To Lead / The 'lying Beast' In Alhaji Lai Mohammed / Rivers APC Congress: Senator Abe Speaks On Involvement In Secretariat Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.