Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. (41287 Views)

Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 / Why Saraki Cannot Be Nigeria’s President – APC / I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Elliot2(m): 9:48pm On May 06, 2018
DynasTee:

I am not his supporter though but I honestly think only a few can perform better than him as president
To say that only few can perform better than him is an insult on the over 180million nigerians. Me think Osinbajo does not deserve any special accolades;so far,he has not done anything spectacular beyond what has been dictated to him. For example,the niger-delta militant issue that he mediated and resolved was not necessarily a product of his doing. At some point the presidency saw the futility of their refusal to negotiate,so he was eventually sent to clean the mess of his principal. This is true,because if he had a mind of his own or were influential in the govt,then the approach would have been proactive and not escalated to that extent of loosing so much oil to pipelines vandalism. I don't know if it is just me that like to assess Osinbanjo's performance based on the achievements of the whole government. Every history student knows the achievements of pres. Buhari in the '80's, and so do not expect much. But,sadly,things haven't changed. Therefore, expecting Osinbanjo to perform better when he becomes the president only shows that mental sickness we suffer as a people: expecting what is not there,and seeing that which is not there. Hallucinations!
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by humblenature: 9:50pm On May 06, 2018
Toks2008:

My point exactly...he has no blue print but when he suddenly found himself as acting president we all saw what happened so why won't he do better if he gets there?
what did he do? Even buhari did some few things too. Look that's just for the gallery. Let's face it. Nigerians really beleived buharis and osinbajos government and even gave them enough time. So pls they should give us chance. We have millions of technocrats and well prepared men and women that can deliver. Let us keep trying. But these two men have done enough .
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Toks2008(m): 9:52pm On May 06, 2018
With the comments I'm seeing from posters I'm losing hope in our youths...

Abuses,attacks,banters with very few intelligent comments fill this thread

I weep for msny Nigerian youths who only loves to come online to rant yet have no valuable suggestion let alone a viable action to move Nigeria forward.

1 Like

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Trexnemesis(m): 9:56pm On May 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
My vote will go for yemi osibanjo for president if he is made flag bearer 2019.

Me too, 100%.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by justtoodark: 9:57pm On May 06, 2018
humblenature:
what did he do? Even buhari did some few things too. Look that's just for the gallery. Let's face it. Nigerians really beleived buharis and osinbajos government and even gave them enough time. So pls they should give us chance. We have millions of technocrats and well prepared men and women that can deliver. Let us keep trying. But these two men have done enough .

una said too jonathan was the best since bread and butter....but what happened....??

we were buying petrol for over 200nairas......in the east up to 400naira....that was how bad the situation was....

buhari took over and told petrol dealers to sell at a fixed price nationwide or their stations would be closed....and it worked....

playing nice as a leader will not work with nigerians.....we are just too stubborn.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 06, 2018
[q undecideduote author=Toks2008 post=67299307]I will prefer Proffesor Yemi Osinbanjo.

I dont need to enumerate on the fantastic feat of this Amiable Proffesor while President Buhari was on medical tour to united Kingdom and asides from his level of education,i see him as the only man in political office today who deserves my vote judging from his vantage position and the not too good past records of the present politicians canvassing for a slot of Nigeria CEO..His unassuming yet sophisticated demeanour and eloquence have endeared him to the younger generation who crave a young, intelligent,vibrant and GOD fearing leader

I am of the opinion that we should start a movement #Proffyemiosinbanjo2019..we are the youths of this country and the power lies in our hands

What is your take on this Nairalanders?, who would you prefer to be the next president of Nigeria? and give reasons why..

[/quote]

I would have called you a big fool but ........

Can't you come out as a youth for president of Nigeria?

How old is the French president?
How old is the president of Austria?
How old is the president of San Marino?

Youths are the problems of this country.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by lereinter(m): 10:01pm On May 06, 2018
Toks2008:

By constitution i believe this but were you not in this country to witness how he handled the affairs while Buhari was away? and to think he was even hindered in several ways cos he was not given full autonomy of power.

you are just been hypocritical, if the fake pastor thinks he knows better then he should assist his "oga" more to rule better

if his oga isnt listening then he should resign
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by justtoodark: 10:01pm On May 06, 2018
MOGPRAISE:
[q undecideduote author=Toks2008 post=67299307]I will prefer Proffesor Yemi Osinbanjo.

I dont need to enumerate on the fantastic feat of this Amiable Proffesor while President Buhari was on medical tour to united Kingdom and asides from his level of education,i see him as the only man in political office today who deserves my vote judging from his vantage position and the not too good past records of the present politicians canvassing for a slot of Nigeria CEO..His unassuming yet sophisticated demeanour and eloquence have endeared him to the younger generation who crave a young, intelligent,vibrant and GOD fearing leader

I am of the opinion that we should start a movement #Proffyemiosinbanjo2019..we are the youths of this country and the power lies in our hands

What is your take on this Nairalanders?, who would you prefer to be the next president of Nigeria? and give reasons why..

I would have called you a big fool but ........

Can't you come out as a youth for president of Nigeria?

How old is the French president?
How old is the president of Austria?
How old is the president of San Marino?

Youths are the problems of this country.

which youths....??...you mean the bbn generation....??

when you try it then nigeria will be at war sooner than you think.....
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by humblenature: 10:04pm On May 06, 2018
justtoodark:

una said too jonathan was the best since bread and butter....but what happened....??

we were buying petrol for over 200nairas......in the east up to 400naira....that was how bad the situation was....

buhari took over and told petrol dealers to sell at a fixed price nationwide or their stations would be closed....and it worked....

playing nice as a leader will not work with nigerians.....we are just too stubborn.....
I guess this reply was meant for the op. I do not support osinbanjo or buhari. Read up
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by justtoodark: 10:06pm On May 06, 2018
una are playing into the hands of the military.....nigerian military dont see nigeria as part of the world.....

if una fvck up,they will remind una quick quick what nigeria is........
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by justtoodark: 10:07pm On May 06, 2018
humblenature:
I guess this reply was meant for the op. I do not support osinbanjo or buhari. Read up

then lets use our votes then.....no need arguing online who is better.....
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Elliot2(m): 10:07pm On May 06, 2018
DynasTee:

A vice-president's has little or no power to make decisions for the country except If the president is not on ground

ok tell me the vice-president of US or France even South Africa or Ghana I bet you don't know tell without consulting Google

Why?
Because they have little or no say in government.
I will take u serious on ur submission if only we were like ghana,South africa or America. We have very unique issues that involve the lives of Nigerians: people are dying in their numbers to herdsmen attacts,boko haram,e.t.c. A vice president whose loyalty lies with the people and constitution,will not have his voice silent in crucial matters despite his portfolio. He has an option of resigning if his voice is not heard in important issues. But, we can not hear that voice in Benue State where people are being killed, we can not hear that voice in the dying economy, e.t.c. Osibanjo's voice and action is not heard or seen--or frankly,we do hear and see an Osibanjo whose loyalty lies with the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by citizen202(m): 10:10pm On May 06, 2018
im pretty sure...you must b a yoruba man
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by faithfull18(f): 10:17pm On May 06, 2018
Dr. Goodluck.

See below

wink
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by justtoodark: 10:18pm On May 06, 2018
youths take over...?...that sounds like a bad joke to me....internet scam,nudity,perversions,bleaching their skins,selling drugs,fake hair,and many disturbing things is what they specialized in......

you go confront the nigerian military with that nonesense,then good night democracy in nigeria.....

they didnt learnt any meaningful skills....only skills to please the pleasures of this world.....
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by citizen202(m): 10:18pm On May 06, 2018
bro 4get it ..yemi osibanjos presidency is dead on arrival....thrs so much distrust ryt nw on anytin yoruba frm my region d south south....i wonder if d ibos will vote for him....so u see
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Toks2008(m): 10:18pm On May 06, 2018
citizen202:
im pretty sure...you must b a yoruba man

Soro niyen...awon ta n wi.. see comments...sorry I just forgot this is not BBnaija thread...smh!
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Kaetoh: 10:19pm On May 06, 2018
Professor Charles Soludo
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 06, 2018
This is the only man that has convinced me among them.

3 Likes

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by malachytochukwu(m): 10:26pm On May 06, 2018
Donald Duke.

Atiku & Donald Duke

Atiku & Peter Obi

My personal opinion.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Habibatuley23: 10:35pm On May 06, 2018
BUBU for real no mixing it
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by CSTR1003: 10:35pm On May 06, 2018
justtoodark:
many igbos want nigeria to break up,so that they can have their biafra....

arguing with them brings nothing....

presenting them osibanjo als altenative to buhari will not help....

i say,we let them keep on wailing in the east and not listen to them no more....

is not that they have that much vote power to change anything in nigeria anyways.........
By the time your terrible osibanjo runs against a popular northerner and then need to win the south to have a chance however Slim, you will know if the south east have the power or not.

Political illiterates that thinks politics started in 2015.

I don't blame you. It is the sai buhari phenomenon of 2015 I blame.

3 Likes

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by nwosunnanenye(m): 10:36pm On May 06, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Sure his hands are tied when Christians are killed, but when mozlems are killed, they flog him to run to Borno to represent his slave driver.

He doesn't have VISA to Benue state grin
Babe sincerely your replies r wonderful and amazing I wish I could know more about you sincerely speaking ...could you be my teacher someday Am already a fan
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Iyajison: 10:37pm On May 06, 2018
My vote 4 ...Donald DUKE.....come 2019 weda he wins or not
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by CSTR1003: 10:40pm On May 06, 2018
citizen202:
bro 4get it ..yemi osibanjos presidency is dead on arrival....thrs so much distrust ryt nw on anytin yoruba frm my region d south south....i wonder if d ibos will vote for him....so u see
Igbos will not vote for him.

Apart from the fact he is a shitty candidate, his people claim they don't need our vote and they will not get it.

Let them go to the north For their votes. The south will reject their candidate .

1 Like

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Belleflame: 10:42pm On May 06, 2018
[quote author=BankeSmalls post=67299864]

"What did he do when Christians are killed? Nothing"
He is nt the President bt only a vice President nd doesn't have much say in d affairs of d country besides nt only Christians were killed.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by MyChoice1: 10:42pm On May 06, 2018
DabELLs:
This is the only man that has convinced me among them.

Mee too ooo. Although I am an Easterner, but this guy won my heart! You can feel the sincerity in his speeches... Professors have failed us, no certificate holders have failed us, let us give this fighter a chance! Sahara Reporters opened our eyes/ears to a lot of happenings in this country and beyond.. He wasn't intimidated one bit! We need a fearless and sound minded personality who isn't a military man biko.
Sowere Omoyele ka anyi ma 2019!

1 Like

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Belleflame: 10:46pm On May 06, 2018
I can't say
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by chris31(m): 10:48pm On May 06, 2018
Alariiwo:

I'm not opposing anyone.. only inconsequential Ipob miscreants think they can unseat PMB.

Hope you're aware GEJ (a Southerner) completed Yaradua (Northerner) tenure. The Northern cabals didn't want GEJ sworn in but Yorubas like Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare, Femi Falana and all our media houses fought for GEJ.
The Easterners hid in their shells, afraid to speak up against the North. But when food done, they hikacked the buffoon's govt.

The bastard GEJ entered and sidelined Yorubas that fought for him. The same Igbos are now running erands for PMB, his perceived enemy.

Noone is defeated, that's just the reality on ground.
U claimed that the Easterners hide their shells
So u have forgotten the role played then by minister of information Mrs Dora Akunyili?
I see hatred in ur right ups

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by piagetskinner(m): 11:51pm On May 06, 2018
that what Nigerians know best...talk talk talk

put them in that same position and see them fail woefully

do u know what can happen to osibanjo if he resigns...the northern elites will go to any length to make sure he pays for it
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Starke(m): 12:36am On May 07, 2018
Naija youths why. Months to the elections and we still haven't made up our minds on who will lead this country. Na so we go dey confused and undecided until we split votes of the young and competent and hand power to that old and senile goat running this Country into the ground.

Are we not tired of the suffering?

Those of you thinking they will run away to Canada when push comes to shove, bear in mind that agaracha must come back.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Ayomideadesoye(m): 12:45am On May 07, 2018
sammydirectly:

What is his constitutional power to do something? Let's start from there.
Just Think Of What He Wil Do If His Dotter/son Z Among Does Killed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We’ll Not Allow Meddling Into Our Affairs – FG Warns US Others / IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu Of 2023 Presidency / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's EASTER Message To Christians Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.