Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. (41283 Views)

Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 / Why Saraki Cannot Be Nigeria’s President – APC / I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by DrSidney: 12:47am On May 07, 2018
He's irritating simply because he is not dancing to your tribal based choice]

Now you are beginning to sound irritating...i presume you are a youth and i expected something more objective without derogatory remarks.[/quote]
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by CosmicJames(m): 12:48am On May 07, 2018
authority2006:

When we're still searching for your own glory under the ocean, you are talking about an accomplished scholar and clergy losing his glory. Mentally deranged people everywhere!

Mentally deranged?
You must be leaving in another country. Not Nigeria. Or you want to tell me that you don't know what is happening in Nigeria especially how the VP started behaving lately?

Maybe you don't know that people do loose their glory and be reduced to practically nothing no matter how far they've gone in life and how highly placed once they begins to misbehave and start taking people forgranted.

Nebuchadnezzar king of babylon with all his glory was reduced to a mere animal, a beast.

Who doesn't know that APC is a party of lies?
And the VP, instead of him to stand up for the truth, and speak against most of their (APC) lies, he decided to join them and he is fast loosing value. Most people including me no longer respect him as before.

That's how he lost the glory if you don't get it.
I'm not against his personality. No. But I'm definitely against him joining the APC in their lies.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by famosh: 12:51am On May 07, 2018
sorry1:
Donald Duke is no longer in the picture after okonjo iweala showed us who he truly is.

Okonjo showed you nothing, Jonathan sycophant! Duke only advised her for her own good & was proven right at the end!

1 Like

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:52am On May 07, 2018
DynasTee:

You are right though
If you read my other comments on this thread I have pointed out the same thing you said to his supporters (cause I am not one).
The reason he was selected was because he is loyal but his loyalty has portrayed him as a coward and part of failure.
Some Christians voted Buhari because of him thinking he will never allow Christians to suffer but he has failed to do so.

My point is if he is the president his loyalty will move the country forward because being the one in charge he won't want to destroy his image as a pastor.
The only thing Atiku did as vice-president was opposing OBJ's third term ambition because he wanted to become the president himself and not in the interest of Nigeria as you mentioned.
[b]Many Christians voted Buhari because of Oshibanjo remember that PDP before the general elections in 2015 had reminded the public of PMB's fanaticism undecided

So they believe that with Oshibanjo at his side, he would help to checkmate Buhari if the need arises

But they were shocked by his silence and complacency undecided

Need I remind you that Prof Yemi Oshibanjo had assured the people that his own VP will not be silenced but will be actively involved in the government even as a SAN, I guess that might have convinced the public further

You see, Oshibanjo took an oath to serve the people and not Buhari and his interest undecided

whichever way you looked at it, Prof had let so many people down! Even I
inclusive

Atleast Atiku did Atiku did something historical no matter his reason for doing it undecided but what has Osinbanjo done to deserve a VP not to talk of presidency undecided

Someone is destroying the citizens to swore to protect and you call that loyalty undecided

Then I ask you again, if Oshibanjo or his family were affected or killed (I do not wish him that) will he still be silent or loyal as you put it

Finally any candidate that cannot speak for his people but is waiting to become a president before he can do that, for me is a NO, NO
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by famosh: 1:02am On May 07, 2018
Cretaceous:
The same Osinbajo making excuses for the incompetence and failures of the government he belongs to.

Are some you just daft or plainly stupid to the extent of wanting to vote APC again?

You left out the brilliant, intelligent young ones (Fela, Sowore, Moghalu) but want to vote those who have blood of innocent ones on their hands.

a great fool you are.

So mean you weren't daft or plainly stupid for wanting to vote Ebelemi again in 2015 after his failures?

1 Like

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:14am On May 07, 2018
Toks2008:

The quoted word says it al...so if as i earlier reiterated that he can only go as far as his constituted power can let him so why not just understand this? when Buhari was out of the country we all saw what he did.

I have never met him before and i was not paid a kobo to write this and infact i am not even writing this from Nigeria but GOD just laid it in my heart to write this and hope lalasticlala beams it.

We are the youths of Nigeria and the power belongs to us..we have the power to choose who leads us and here i am expressing my unbiased opinion that i see Yemi Osinbanjo taking Nigeria forward.

This is not the time to attack ourselves as youths but to wake up and take back this country from hijackers.
Please, please and please leave GOD out of Oshibanjo matter

God can only approve him if He is still angry with us (NIGERIANS) and choose to punish us further!

3 Likes

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Harrynight(m): 1:20am On May 07, 2018
angry Bring back our colonial masters cry

1 Like

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by justtoodark: 3:11am On May 07, 2018
CSTR1003:

By the time your terrible osibanjo runs against a popular northerner and then need to win the south to have a chance however Slim, you will know if the south east have the power or not.

Political illiterates that thinks politics started in 2015.

I don't blame you. It is the sai buhari phenomenon of 2015 I blame.

abegi park well....you easterners are not that complicated to understand....you try to play united in front of others,but we know you are not that united....even if una deceide to unite,only the votes of igbos will still not be enough....

you still have to go into an alliance with either the yorubas or hausas....just the way it is.....

and we none igbo tribes in the delta realy dont care about you igbos....we only care about our oyel........

what do you igbos realy understand sef....??....finance,you dont understand.....politics,you dont understand.....

what do you people realy understand sef.........am starting to ask myself..... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by jefy(m): 4:14am On May 07, 2018
Simply, DONALD DUKE...
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by 2016v2017: 4:21am On May 07, 2018
BankeSmalls:

What did he do when Christians are killed? Nothing.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Nobody: 4:41am On May 07, 2018
sammydirectly:

What is his constitutional power to do something? Let's start from there.

We are not asking him to do anything drastic. We just want him to talk. Call out APC on their fraud, he's a pastor. Like someone said, Atiku was a VP. Al Gore was a very strong VP in the USA. Morality and Constitution are two different things

1 Like

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by whirlwind7(m): 4:52am On May 07, 2018
Toks2008:

Banke you still don't get it..He cant do much at this point cos his ability is limited by the constitution.

At least he has a prompt response to tragic situations like the bomb blast in Maiduguri.
http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/08/osinbajo%E2%80%8E-maiduguri-visits-bomb-blast-victims-umth/

Your definition of prompt response is what, in this case? Visiting victims in the hospital?
Classic!
While I agree the constitution hinders him from undertaking certain duties when his principal was away, it doesn't prevent him to be vocal, or be seen as proactive.
Can you count on the fingers of one hand how many times this VP has in no terms openly condemned the wanton killing by herdsmen? Instead, all the short abobaku likes to do is to call out the past administration and talk about how GEJ and his men looted the treasury. You'd think that being a lawyer, he would be more discerning than this. You would think he shouldn't be making such empty noise if he isn't willing to back it up with hard facts and prosecute the crime.

Him working with an illiterate dullard has rubbed off on him. Iron sharpeneth iron. But in this case, Bubu's rubber has dulled the VP's iron. I wouldn't vote Osibanjo. He's become a retard like his principal. Whatever makes him think he needed to forget his education, his training, his upbringing and his calling, just to pander to a relic like Buhari has made him a write off in my file. Next!
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Nobody: 5:07am On May 07, 2018
Atiku is cool
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:22am On May 07, 2018
Alariiwo:

I'm not opposing anyone.. only inconsequential Ipob miscreants think they can unseat PMB.

Hope you're aware GEJ (a Southerner) completed Yaradua (Northerner) tenure. The Northern cabals didn't want GEJ sworn in but Yorubas like Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare, Femi Falana and all our media houses fought for GEJ.
The Easterners hid in their shells, afraid to speak up against the North. But when food done, they hikacked the buffoon's govt.

The bastard GEJ entered and sidelined Yorubas that fought for him. The same Igbos are now running erands for PMB, his perceived enemy.

Noone is defeated, that's just the reality on ground.
So Dora Akunyili that single handedly fought for Gej to be sworn in is Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by azimibraun: 5:37am On May 07, 2018
It isn't about whom i prefer but who will be. This is him. Adamu Garba II the next president of the federal republic of Nigeria

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by MdRabx(m): 5:51am On May 07, 2018
I just feel bad when i see certain comments from people i see as very educated and vibrant Nigerian youth here imprisoned by religious sentiments, the elite class ll continue to brainwash this prisoners and use religion to divide us via this people till it's too late to unite and ve uniform voice, some were even talking about how the very noble and respected VP didn't visit christians and he visited muslims, am just disappointed in some people with no brains that put everything along religious sentiments.. Osinbajo is the best man for the job and if he is not given the ticket come 2023, i don't think there's anybody i can cast my vote for
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by whirlwind7(m): 5:55am On May 07, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So Dora Akunyili that single handedly fought for Gej to be sworn in is Yoruba?

You know, I have been trying to get myself to reply that bigot with this same answer. I convinced myself he isn't worth it.
There are certain people on this forum who can never hide their hate or their parochial nature for certain tribes, no matter what.
He is one of them.
I've clicked on many threads in the front page to read or post comments, and more than half of the time, when I see some venomous or outrageous comments, his happen to be one of them.

Some people are hopelessly lost when they have nothing or no one to hate on.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Pylony(m): 6:35am On May 07, 2018
Sai Dankwambo we're tired of Mr Analog.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:04am On May 07, 2018
whirlwind7:

You know, I have been trying to get myself to reply that bigot with this same answer. I convinced myself he isn't worth it.
There are certain people on this forum who can never hide their hate or their parochial nature for certain tribes, no matter what.
He is one of them.
I've clicked on many threads in the front page to read or post comments, and more than half of the time, when I see some venomous or outrageous comments, his happen to be one of them.

Some people are hopelessly lost when they have nothing or no one to hate on.
The guy is a typical afonja
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Wizaugpet(m): 7:35am On May 07, 2018
Myself undecided
Or, A Philosopher...
Until Philosophers becomes Kings, and Kings Philosophers, a society can never be better...
I'd love someone to ask me a Question...
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Nobody: 7:44am On May 07, 2018
Fashblonder:
You seem like an educated person and I expect you to know everyone has an entitlement to his/her opinion...so shut the Bleep up!!

you appear like a m0ron who cannot mind their own fucccking business.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Nobody: 7:50am On May 07, 2018
my honest opinion it would be PMB , osibanjo is not qualified, he could not even handle commissioner work.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Nobody: 7:52am On May 07, 2018
MdRabx:
I just feel bad when i see certain comments from people i see as very educated and vibrant Nigerian youth here imprisoned by religious sentiments, the elite class ll continue to brainwash this prisoners and use religion to divide us via this people till it's too late to unite and ve uniform voice, some were even talking about how the very noble and respected VP didn't visit christians and he visited muslims, am just disappointed in some people with no brains that put everything along religious sentiments.. Osinbajo is the best man for the job and if he is not given the ticket come 2023, i don't think there's an8
ybody i can cast my vote for

thats your opinion, there are those who differ.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Ikpongiton: 7:57am On May 07, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Hypocrite!

You see this ineffectual houseboy as a presidency material in a country of nearly 200 million?

What an insult.
who are they talking about,i hope it is not that one, they called a mere commisioner.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by trillville(m): 8:09am On May 07, 2018
Wizaugpet:
Myself undecided
Or, A Philosopher...
Until Philosophers becomes Kings, and Kings Philosophers, a society can never be better...
I'd love someone to ask me a Question...

What is a Question?

1 Like

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Printerscanner: 8:10am On May 07, 2018
DynasTee:
A loyal servant can never disobey his master even though the master is a dullard

The tribes of the servant and the master both used for sisters, mothers, nieces and cousins as sex slaves after slaughtering over 3,000,000. And you still have the audacity to call them names?
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by omoharry(f): 8:32am On May 07, 2018
BankeSmalls:

What did he do when Christians are killed? Nothing.
abeg help me ask am..he was rather hiding his head in the sand as if nothing happened..what kind of leader is that?...the one that lack human sympathy just because of his political ambition and yet they said this same man is a man of God..Osibanjo and PMB are bad product..he is a Fulani loyalist and a coward and definitely not a man of the people in times of tribulation...
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by MrHenri: 8:35am On May 07, 2018
Sowore 2019

2 Likes

Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by omoharry(f): 8:48am On May 07, 2018
rebranded:

I am not sure you understand the role of the vice president banke.

It's sounds more like you have a personal beef with this man..can you hold your deputy governor for the bad primary school in your state?

A VP is basically controlled by the President and directed by him. A VP naturally is a support/assistant role not a leading role. I feel bad seeing all you have said about this man, that has tried immensely in spite of his role
Osibanjo did well when Buhari was away for the first time before his wings were clipped..what we are saying is that Osibanjo watched as Nigerians/ Christians were being slaughtered like chicken but he choose to say nothing because he is loyal to his party and therefore must not offend the power that be..what kind of leader is that...A Coward and a weakling..I used to like him and though he should contest for presidency when the time comes but not anymore..we dont need his kind...we need a man of the people that would not stand by in silence while his power are being slaughtered by the Fulanis...they know what they are doing so do not defend them..
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by Toks2008(m): 8:56am On May 07, 2018
omoharry:
abeg help me ask am..he was rather hiding his head in the sand as if nothing happened..what kind of leader is that?...the one that lack human sympathy just because of his political ambition and yet they said this same man is a man of God..Osibanjo and PMB are bad product..he is a Fulani loyalist and a coward and definitely not a man of the people in times of tribulation...
Anytime i read this type of comments i get more convinced that the so-called youths of this country is not yet ready to take the helm of affairs...

Like seriously! so if you happen to be the VP i guess you would have ignited a religious war that would have seen more lives wasted...Odiegwu
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by omoharry(f): 9:00am On May 07, 2018
Toks2008:

Habba! why don't you still understand that any aggressive move by him coud spark religious wars? were muslims not also killed? lets be objective biko.
there are ways he can condemn this killing without bringing in religion..after all it is call the fulani headers/framers clash..he can condemn it,sympathize and help pressure his boss to put an end to the endless killing..An honorable man would resign his position to protest the continues killings of his fellow citizen because it is happening under his watch without a genuine solution to stopping it. because the aggressors are the kinsmen of Mr president...I thought the way he is aggressive in lambasting PDP and GEJ Government failure in the face of daily killings, he would use that same energy in addressing the crisis rocking the middle belt..but is could not and cannot...Osibanjo is not brave enough to be our leader..he is a coward.
Re: Who Would you prefer to be Nigeria next president?. by omoharry(f): 9:09am On May 07, 2018
Toks2008:

Anytime i read this type of comments i get more convinced that the so-called youths of this country is not yet ready to take the helm of affairs...

Like seriously! so if you happen to be the VP i guess you would have ignited a religious war that would have seen more lives wasted...Odiegwu
I would not have ignited a religious war but would have acknowledge and conderm the killing all together..is his apron tied to Aso rock..? If he is not so comfortable with with what is happening under his watch cant he resign for the sake of his good name and the church he represent ? what kind of christian is he, he man that would speak pretend as if all is well while in the face of evil?It is people like you that would continue to see nothing wrong with our leaders just because they belong to your tribe or church,...open you eyes Mr man..People are being killing( Men, women and children) and your so called Osibanjo is still busy talking about GEJ and PDP because he has nothing to say.he is a coward and we dont need a leader like that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Now U.S. Citizen / Nnamdi Kanu Ordered The Assassination Of Anthony Nwoko - Asari Dokubo / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.