Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Healthy Relationship Advice - How To Have A Happy Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Healthy Relationship Advice - How To Have A Happy Marriage (398 Views)

Please Help I Need Advice!!! How Do I Ask My Father For Forgiveness From This / Do U Want A Happy Marriage U Must Submit To Hubby / Women Submit To Ur Husband For Happy Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Healthy Relationship Advice - How To Have A Happy Marriage by nollycomedy: 12:49pm On May 05, 2018
Healthy Relationship Advice - How to Have a Happy Marriage
Healthy Relationship Advice - How to Have a Happy Marriage - how to have a happy marriage without sex, how to have a happy husband, tips on how to have a happy marriage how to have a happy marriage spouse, how to have a happy marriage life, how to keep a happy marriage, how to have a happy marriage with kids, how to be happily married.

Similarly, whether you are engaged and about to be wed or you are already married and looking to bring to life your marriage once more, there are many things that you can do to create and maintain a happy marriage.

First and fore most, the honeymoon period in most marriages has a shelf life. But does that mean you can’t bring back those fluttery butterfly feelings of happiness and anticipation everyone experiences at the beginning of a relationship? Absolutely not. All marriages maneuver through rough patches. Some don’t survive long enough to come out the other side unscathed. But many do. Here are s0me ways to keep your marriage fresh.

Remind your partner (and yourself) that you appreciate them- After you’ve been married for many, many years, that passionate kiss when your partner walks in the door can easily morph into a peck on the check that can then morph into an inability even to look up from your computer. Over the course of my 23-year marriage, there are times when I’ve felt my own husband and I were starting to become so familiar with each other that we were settling into a stultifying — albeit comfortable — routine. But there’s a real danger in that. Studies show that nearly half of men who have cheated say it was because of emotional dissatisfaction — and not sex.

Say thank you for the little things - I’have been guilty of keeping score, constantly calculating who had done what. “I cleaned out the kids’ closets, so you have to clean the basement.” “I moved for your job when we first got married, so now you need to move for mine.” “I initiated sex last time, so now it’s your turn.” But playing tit for tat is childish and will do nothing but chip away at the trust and connection you’ve built with your spouse.

Practice honesty, even when you’re ashamed - If you have maxed out a credit card or two and find yourself hiding the bills each month, you can bet it’s going to come back to bite you. Eventually, whether you’re applying for a home loan or simply talking about the costs of summer vacation, these kinds of money issues will either be brought to light by a credit report or by the simple fact you can’t afford a trip away. Although infidelity usually happens in bed, it also can happen with money.

Along that same vein, if you feel you aren’t connecting with your partner the way you used to, you need to say something — now. I’ve learned this lesson the hard way. I once let communication issues fester for months on end, failing to verbalize my displeasure, and my husband and I wound up in marriage counseling for nearly a year. It took a third party — and a real investment on our part — to get us back on track.

Be Honest With Your Partner - Yes, it can be quite embarrassing @ times, but if you want to share your life with your man or your woman, learn how, to be realistic with him or her about everything. You may feel that it is okay not to discuss certain things, or just brush off and make do with an excuse. However, coming out clean is the best way you can show your partner that he is important to you and that you choose not to have any secrets with him.

Once you start discussing things more honestly with your spouse, it will encourage him to open up to you. Most marriages go through a rough patch when there is a lack of honesty, and couples often tend to doubt each other when they feel their partners are not honest with them.
If you are not honest with your partner, it can make it difficult for him to trust you in situations where you are honest. If you do feel uncomfortable talking to your partner and opening up about certain things, try to bring it up at a time when you are both in a good mood and are in a private setting.

To see more marriage tips Visit --http://www.happyolderage.com/2018/05/healthy-relationship-advice-how-to-have.html

Healthy Relationship Advice - How to Have a Happy Marriage

Avoid Being Angry At The Same Time - Even though it is easier said than done, try and abolish expressing your anger when your spouse is already in a rough mood. When you are married, having arguments can be a common occurrence. However, if you want to avoid the small arguments from turning into snowballs of fights, make sure you know how to keep your cool.

Also, let your partner vent out his anger and say everything that is there to say. You do not have to listen to it all without putting forth your point, but make sure you do not turn this into a screaming match. Speak in a calm and controlled voice and do not throw accusations on him.

While your partner is already angry, your shouting and name-calling will only aggravate the matter, without helping the already heated up situation. A better way to work around your argument is to let your better half vent out all the anger, and later, when you feel he is past the shouting stage and is calmer, discuss your point with him.

Resolve Issues Before They Become Too Big - meanwhile one thing that most couples do is to fight and go to sleep angry at each other. At the time, it may seem the best thing to do, especially as you feel you do not want to talk to your partner at all.

Unfortunately, if you do not resolve your issues right then and there, chances are, you never will.

in addition, for instance, you have a fight with your husband, and both of you end up feeling angry and hurt. For the time being, you do not want to talk to him and feel the only thing you want to do is get away from him and tell him about your anger and hurt the next day. You both go off to sleep without talking to each other. But next day you get caught up in your daily routine, and there is never a chance to pick up the argument where you left it.
When you leave your resentment unattended, it will only turn into a bigger issue. Your partner may not even be aware that you are hurt by his comments or his actions. You will continue thinking about it, and the issue will continue to hurt you. As a result, your pain and anger will erupt another day in another argument.
Talk to your partner and tell him that you want to resolve issues before both of you end the day. It is good to give a fresh start to a new day. If you find it difficult to talk to your partner or feel that you are still too angry and talking may not be such a good idea, give him a hug and tell him that you love him and that you want the fights to be fewer.

Stay Groomed - You may think it is in vain to be concerned about how you look, but wasn’t it one of the first things that you noticed about your spouse and vice versa?

It is possible that you have been married for many years now and have too much to handle – work responsibilities, kids and their lives, home chores, financial bills and so on. In the rush that you go through each day, it may be hard to take out time for yourself and look after your appearance, but it is important.

One of the reasons why many marriages tend to break and spouses end up cheating is because they do not find their partners attractive anymore. Once you take care of your appearance and dress up for your spouse, he will realize that you value the time you spend with him and want to look good for him.

You do not have to spend hours and a small fortune at a salon, but you can still make sure that you look presentable and elegant. Start by following a healthy eating and exercise routine so that you can take care of your overall appearance and your weight stays within a healthy range.

while choosing clothes, do not go for what is on trend at the moment, but choose those that suit your body type. The idea is to be comfortable in whatever you are wearing and not feel awkward or uncomfortable, which will show up in your appearance. Add a little bit of makeup and a spritz of perfume to keep you fresh and classy.

(1) (Reply)

Infertility Solved!!! / Dna Tests In Nigeria !!! / My Husband Planted `magun’ On Me, Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.