Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List (81976 Views)

2023 Headies Award Winners (Full List) / BET Awards 2021 Winners (Full List) / BET Awards 2019 Winners (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by SirBunky85(m): 12:46pm On May 06, 2018
Zceesneh:
I voted for playmaker bro
playmaker ko,strike partner ni,most of phynos songs are no longer rap.evn eriga raps more dan phyno now.reminisce deserves his award.d only person dt didnt deserve any award was tuface cuz evn timaya hs beta dancehall&raggae songs dan him.
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by SirBunky85(m): 12:51pm On May 06, 2018
Mrokaykay:

Compare SoundCity MVP Awards to Headies you would understand Headies is meant for Yorubas
why not tell our igbo brothers to stop submitting dia songs to headies for nomination?

3 Likes

Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by nonye6194: 12:53pm On May 06, 2018
KingLennon:
I thought Air boy will win Rookie of the year. Ayepo was on a repeat on all radio stations. MI won the lyricist on the roll with a song he used to pass a message to all rappers. Hip-hop is dead in Nigeria

hip hop is all about passing a message like NAS and Lamar does, telling a story like J. Cole does.

So Jude abaga winning a plaque for his message isn't new. he went hard in the song and it shook the table all this mumble ass commercial rappers are standing on in Nigeria.

I agree with you, rap is dead in Nigeria. Even Panshak is now fully RnB
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by tonididdy(m): 1:09pm On May 06, 2018
Best video director of the year was without a contest...That DAPS dude is top notch. He nailed David's like that video ... Then closer by wizkid ( I just got to know he was same director) and I am not surprised.

BIG FAN OF HIS WORK HENCEFORTH not that igbo director that will go and shoot video inside refuse bin aka Clarence mtchwww
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by Sagay212: 1:09pm On May 06, 2018
TellMeNothing:
All i know is - The Best Rap Album of the year is A Trip to The South- Erigga

They said El haj ' -Reminisce....Elhaj was released mid 2016 over two years now and its still being nominated for award?Fine, even at that it still doesnt win!dah...

A trip to the south - Erigga ...was released mid last year and in a period were the hiphop culture is virtually dead in scene in the industry the album comes as a 'Moses'......So much wordplays, deliveries, content, creativity and sporadicism all delivered using pidgin english...
in a time when you can rarely find a dope track in the airwaves with good raps that will make you marvel at the punchlines, wordplays and creativity......

Mtchew, i dont blame headies... MI na baba sha, but if its a song he used to pass a message to Nigerian Rappers , which was released just around November last year - that is winning lyricist on the roll then this should even comfirm it more that Hiphop is dead in Nigeria

Mediocrity ti take over

nonsense

who is erriga or erika? please stop calling names that people don't know. M.I and reminisce are common names. who be erika?

4 Likes

Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by Ojemedad: 1:10pm On May 06, 2018
SirBunky85:
mr man,IF was a bigger hit dan MAD OVER U.

Davido is a bigger artist than Eazi but mad over you is a bigger song and IF
Rate the song not the artist
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by Sagay212: 1:12pm On May 06, 2018
Ojemedad:

naaa! mad over you was great but not than IF....IF was phucking everywhere that even R.kelly had to jump on it. Davido is really good when it comes to music. the guy has sang hits upon hits..na him and wizkid dey in charge now.
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by Tundeobama(m): 1:27pm On May 06, 2018
most of the people that rant here are fools,in awards the best man wins just like election your best man might not be best for others.if you have a song in your village and it's not hit in Lagos is that a song.just like Grammy in new York.
All the winners are the best they can't reward all at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by calculator123(m): 1:29pm On May 06, 2018
tonididdy:
Best video director of the year was without a contest...That DAPS dude is top notch. He nailed David's like that video ... Then closer by wizkid ( I just got to know he was same director) and I am not surprised.

BIG FAN OF HIS WORK HENCEFORTH not that igbo director that will go and shoot video inside refuse bin aka Clarence mtchwww
Clarance peters is a king when it comes to video shooting..Stop the disrespect.
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by KingLennon(m): 1:48pm On May 06, 2018
Kaylexzy:
Really? Make i go download am. I'm a huge Burna fan too. In fact, these days i prefer to listen to a selected few of Nigerian artistes e.g Burna, Reekado, Kiss Daniel, Simi, Adekunle, Airboy, Dice Ailies.
Download it and come buy me satzenbrau grin. You can add wande coal to that list

2 Likes

Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by KingLennon(m): 1:53pm On May 06, 2018
nonye6194:

hip hop is all about passing a message like NAS and Lamar does, telling a story like J. Cole does.

So Jude abaga winning a plaque for his message isn't new. he went hard in the song and it shook the table all this mumble ass commercial rappers are standing on in Nigeria.

I agree with you, rap is dead in Nigeria. Even Panshak is now fully RnB
But Jesse jagz is still making me proud. Listen to God on the mic by jesse jagz and compare it to the song that won MI that award...

1 Like

Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by nonye6194: 1:57pm On May 06, 2018
KingLennon:

But Jesse jagz is still making me proud. Listen to God on the mic by jesse jagz and compare it to the song that won MI that award...

The sad thing sometimes is everyone can't win the award. So far your song and or artist was nominated for a category should be satisfying enough. Because sometimes the nominees could be so fierce in competition because they put out such a good work, making choosing very hard.

I'm currently listening to the Jagz of all trades album. Jagz remains one of the few good ones remaining, the emperor!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by KingLennon(m): 2:01pm On May 06, 2018
nonye6194:

The sad thing sometimes is everyone can't win the award. So far your song and or artist was nominated for a category should be satisfying enough. Because sometimes the nominees could be so fierce in competition because they put out such a good work, making choosing very hard.

I'm currently listening to the Jagz of all trades album. Jagz remains one of the few good ones remaining, the emperor!
Yea bro
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by jaxxy(m): 2:13pm On May 06, 2018
EsotericMonk:
Naija shaaa, how does Simi win Album of the year and then another artiste wins Best RnB album when the same album that won best overall is among the nominees for best RnB album.
Is that how they use to do it? Abi they sha wantu compensate wizkid.

Disclaimer: I don't root for any artiste.

Ur album can be best generally bt not best by r&b genre standards. She may hv won best album for non r&b songs or mixtures

Bt simi has no business winning 3 headies. Wat does she sing?

Runtown shud hv gotten smtn
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by ab11baddo(m): 2:15pm On May 06, 2018
Mrokaykay:
Headies Award of the Yorubas by the Yorubas and for the Yorubas
so I saw this usual victim card played by these set of people....apart from phyno rap album....I don't see anyone able to compete with those given the award..

3 Likes

Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 06, 2018
jaxxy:

> Bt simi has no business winning 3 headies. Wat does she sing?

> Runtown shud hv gotten smtn

At least we agree on these two points. cheesy
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by Goodnuel: 2:26pm On May 06, 2018
KingLennon:
I thought Air boy will win Rookie of the year. Ayepo was on a repeat on all radio stations. MI won the lyricist on the roll with a song he used to pass a message to all rappers. Hip-hop is dead in Nigeria
I tell you... Boogey should have won though..
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by Kaylexzy(m): 2:30pm On May 06, 2018
KingLennon:

Download it and come buy me satzenbrau grin. You can add wande coal to that list
Lol. In fact, how many bottles you want? BTW, Wande and Brymo have always been evergreen to me. Been big fans of their music same way I'm a 2baba freak.

2 Likes

Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by jaxxy(m): 2:35pm On May 06, 2018
EsotericMonk:

At least we agree on these two points. cheesy

Lol I guess we do
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by youngbest(m): 2:45pm On May 06, 2018
Releasing songs in January is a No No in the Nigerian music industry. Sorry Runtown.
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by ObaAdebola(m): 2:48pm On May 06, 2018
Timoleon:

is WizKid a video director? best video goes to the director Daps.

It’s his song
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by cocoboss(m): 2:54pm On May 06, 2018
so bitter my nigga, fucking afojans grin grin
tishbite41:
oga, d truth is bitter.
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by cocoboss(m): 3:01pm On May 06, 2018
abeg shut up u wan compare fish to catfish...use your head ny niqqa...aunty tiwa na queen
Jaytecq:

Dats because she is doing well in Music, Make i no hear Tiwa from anybody mouth o
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by Fabulous7(m): 3:01pm On May 06, 2018
sunnykaka1:
grin like for Davido(ọkọ chioma) share for Wizkid
This pole clearly shows that davido is still in the shadow of wizkid.
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by cocoboss(m): 3:02pm On May 06, 2018
supported... cool cool cool cool cool
Zceesneh:
mad over you by runtown is bigger than the whole songs there, argue with your keyboard
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by iphanyi10(m): 3:03pm On May 06, 2018
DonjazzyPikin:
As long as ma gal Simi worn big with Joromi, I'm ok ��

Simisola the album is just pure gold, I rep good music all the way

#GoodMusikFan

seriously, she deserves all the accolades. I'm not a big Nigerian music fan, but anytime I'm in the mood to listen to something Nigerian, i play simi's album on repeat.

#goodmusicfan
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by enonche85(m): 3:04pm On May 06, 2018
Eyah!...what did Mr. Eazy win?.
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by raziboi(m): 3:04pm On May 06, 2018
Vinstel:
Wizkid also won three awards but there are two things I can't understand

1. How mad over you didn't win anything
2. How Aramide won best alternative song

Can someone who knows better explain these to me please? Because I am still not understanding it

don't mind them mtcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by Ihsan6(m): 3:09pm On May 06, 2018
EsotericMonk:
Naija shaaa, how does Simi win Album of the year and then another artiste wins Best RnB album when the same album that won best overall is among the nominees for best RnB album.
Is that how they use to do it? Abi they sha wantu compensate wizkid.

Disclaimer: I don't root for any artiste.
God bless u o, I tot of this immediately I saw d trash...how can an overall best album of the year loose in another album(RnB) category...e no make sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by pussywounder: 3:13pm On May 06, 2018
PataAlhaja:

You sure say na "streetz" you dey abi na GRA for one state capital for East? grin

don't be ignorant. penalty never popped in the east. why argue blindly?
Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by SirBunky85(m): 3:48pm On May 06, 2018
Ojemedad:

na u and who dey talk abt mr eazi?mama 2018 would soon come,I will see how many awards ur MAD OVER YOU go win.mad over u ko,craze under u ni.

2 Likes

Re: Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List by jrerico1(m): 3:51pm On May 06, 2018
PataAlhaja:

E pain am! grin

Are you just noticing that Yorubas are the Kings and Queens of the Nigerian music industry?

... just because Erigga did not win in just one category, you labelled the awards "Yoruba award".

Mumu like you!
you're a biased idiot. How on earth did Erigga not win best rap album? What's on reminisce album?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) / DOWNLOAD Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don’t Care / Tupac Is Alive- Evidence N Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.