Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

"Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (46272 Views)

Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / After 14 Days Of Marriage, Nigerian Man Shares His Experience / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by folabounce: 10:50am On May 06, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Thank you. The exact thing I wanted to write. While people all over the world are coming up with life changing inventions, we remain basic. Discussing mundane things. Like who cooked and who didn’t cook. Rubbish country! Too bad I can’t choose where I am from. Nigeria won’t have been my choice.

Am sure if you had the opportunity to pick, you would have picked Canada or USA but with this your negative style of thinking you might end up being one of Drake's security guards.

3 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 10:51am On May 06, 2018
biacan:
It's true ooooo but most girls don't want to lower their ego and learn how to cook because they think it's making them look like a maid in their husbands house..........Ehmmm future hubby no need to go for a maid I can pound fufu well........ Just hope it's enough embarassed men are never satisfy lipsrsealed

No need to worry. I love pounding as well. My mom saw to it.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Jman06(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2018
Xisnin:

You will come here to lament about your marital life under an anonymous handle.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Lament about what??
Maids are usually better trained on how to manage their homes than all these mummy's girls that know nothing else than run their mouths and watch telemundo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by nahzyla: 10:53am On May 06, 2018
Lol

These are the types of threads men love to masturbait on.

Iranu abasha

3 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by folabounce: 10:53am On May 06, 2018
gr8tone:
I am glad I marry a maid and she is giving me what I want. I bet you if marry a maid, you will be king

All you desire is someone you can control and rule. You don't have a wife sir, you have a loyal subject. Thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:53am On May 06, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Thank you. The exact thing I wanted to write. While people all over the world are coming up with life changing inventions, we remain basic. Discussing mundane things. Like who cooked and who didn’t cook. Rubbish country! Too bad I can’t choose where I am from. Nigeria won’t have been my choice.

Please o, What life changing invention have you yourself thought of or come up with?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by gentleguy1975: 10:54am On May 06, 2018
biacan:
It's true ooooo but most girls don't want to lower their ego and learn how to cook because they think it's making them look like a maid in their husbands house..........Ehmmm future hubby no need to go for a maid I can pound fufu well........ Just hope it's enough embarassed men are never satisfy lipsrsealed
grin
biacan:
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by DeRay98(m): 10:54am On May 06, 2018
biacan:

You're sincere with yourself my dear and you'll get the right man.
Leave the rest make them dey form big girls until maid takeover all the good men.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by DeRay98(m): 10:56am On May 06, 2018
JeffreyJamez:

Please o, What life changing invention have you yourself thought of or come up with?

Good question!
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Slikbae: 10:56am On May 06, 2018
I must say you are one of the few sane people in Nigeria.

Some men even say they can't marry a woman who would wash their clothes with washing machines.
Just imagine such backward reasoning.
OldBeer:
This thread will get to front page and reach 72 pages.
This is the only type of topic the blacks are well versed in.
Pounding yam.
Washing plate.
Cooking food.
In an age where people nay women are conquering space, the blacks only see their worth in domestic affairs.
Custodians of traditions that have made them the laughingstock of the entire human race.
Tueh!

Thank God my countdown to leaving the shithole is almost nigh.
Father, I thank you once again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Sunnymatey(m): 10:57am On May 06, 2018
Women dat asigned house chores to their maid without involving their children are automatically paving way for marital wores especially for the daughters. Hw then wuld u correct or teach ur own maid if u lack knowledge of how things ought to be done at home?
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by ocholawealth(m): 10:57am On May 06, 2018
[quote author=OldBeer post=67319388]This thread will get to front page and reach 72 pages.
Pounding yam.
Washing plate.
Cooking food.
In an age where people nay women are conquering space, the blacks only see their worth in domestic affairs.
Custodians of traditions that have made them the laughingstock of the entire human race.
Tueh!

bros, we cannot abandon who we are for anything copied or borrowed.. we are tired of you sef, try enter Lybia na

5 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by XhosaNostra(f): 10:58am On May 06, 2018
Nothing is more strange to me than a woman who claims she can't cook or clean. Like really, what can you do? IMO, learning those things is not about a man, but for your own upkeep.

Back to the topic: well maids are people too, I don't see what is the big deal here if they're attracting men. It just proves that this life is unpredictable & no situation is permanent, provided that the men they're marrying are of course, wealthy grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 10:58am On May 06, 2018
DeRay98:

You're sincere with yourself my dear and you'll get the right man.
Leave the rest make them dey form big girls until maid takeover all the good men.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Slikbae: 10:59am On May 06, 2018
No one has stronger traditions than Africans.
femu:

Asians have even more stronger traditions than us and they are more developed.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Slikbae: 10:59am On May 06, 2018
No one has "stronger" traditions than Africans.
femu:

Asians have even more stronger traditions than us and they are more developed.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Dreydoe(m): 10:59am On May 06, 2018
biacan:
True talk . one of the disadvantages of female education, most of y'all turn out to see urslef's as lords too in the home thus cooking,cleaning, home chores etc becomes a burden..

Feminisms enters into play which is total bullshit to me.. Both predominant religions in the world xtain and Muslim disagree with the Feminism concept but NO they wont hear that one..They are deir own lords who created themselves.. I repeat the concept of feminism is bullshit. They can never b Two kings in the home. Its a King and a Queen

NOTE AM NOT AGAINST FEMALE EDUCATION NEITHER AM I AGAINST HUSBANDs GIVING RESPECT AND MUCH LOVE TO THEIR WIFE..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Xisnin(m): 11:03am On May 06, 2018
Jman06:
Lament about what??
Maids are usually better trained on how to manage their homes than all these mummy's girls that know nothing else than run their mouths and watch telemundo.

I guess you are still very young. There is more to marriage than training or manners
and I can assure you that your logic will fade with time.

If you 45years and above ignore my post.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Saintmary(f): 11:04am On May 06, 2018
OldBeer:
This thread will get to front page and reach 72 pages.
Pounding yam.
Washing plate.
Cooking food.
Tueh!

The perfect woman is the one who can conquer space and still dominate in the home front.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by DeRay98(m): 11:06am On May 06, 2018
nahzyla:
Lol

These are the types of threads men love to masturbait on.

Iranu abasha

Cry me a river!
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Gerrard59(m): 11:06am On May 06, 2018
It's important to know that majority of the time, the quality of the suitors differ.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Saintmary(f): 11:06am On May 06, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Inventions can only become products when someone is willing to invest in it. So many things are wrong in this aspect.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by ocholawealth(m): 11:07am On May 06, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

by the power conferred on me as the president of this thread, you are hereby banished from Africa.

2 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by FakoMaybach1: 11:08am On May 06, 2018
This post so hit me. My mother lives with my eldest sister, and she has a maid.
Now just imagine the maid learning how to cook from my mother (a maestro of traditional dish) and my eldest sister you and i know that first borns saby cook wella

If that girl is smart her cooking skills go mad gan, her husband go enjoy am no be small
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Saintmary(f): 11:08am On May 06, 2018
GrammarNazi1:
...husbands' houses... ...men are never satisfied.
Nasty Nazi
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by DeRay98(m): 11:11am On May 06, 2018
Slikbae:
No one has "stronger" traditions than Africans.

You need to be familiar with Arabs, Koreans, Japanese, Indians then you'll know those cultures withstood the European brainwash and cultural dilution that Africans and particularly Nigerians fell for.

2 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:11am On May 06, 2018
That's why some husbands sleep with their maid, eventually she starts to become your 'wife'
You eat her food,
You smell her all over the house EVERYDAY
She takes care of the house while your wife screams directions at her
And then at the end of the day the woman brings home N50k a month ?? Warrisdat?
Nothing wrong with a maid coming to clean the home on weekends but a live in maid? doesn't compute
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by blakky97(m): 11:12am On May 06, 2018
biacan:
i hope thats not you on the dp
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by DeRay98(m): 11:14am On May 06, 2018
fuckupnation:

I already want her for marriage but she don't want to reply me
Take easy na, no be by fire by force o.
Steady and patient progress always wins in this kind matter. Se o gbo? Inu go? grin
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Gerrard59(m): 11:19am On May 06, 2018
Slikbae:
I must say you are one of the few sane people in Nigeria.

Some men even say they can't marry a woman who would wash their clothes with washing machines.
Just imagine such backward reasoning.

shocked shocked shocked.

You don't mean it!

3 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by blakky97(m): 11:20am On May 06, 2018
DeRay98:

You need to be familiar with Arabs, Koreans, Japanese, Indians then you'll know those cultures withstood the European brainwash and cultural dilution that Africans and particularly Nigerians fell for.
i agree with you on this. but i think the hausas have a touch of that too. they are strong when it comes to conservatism. the igbos are the worst hit according to bbc. yorubas look to me like the next on line
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by yemi15(m): 11:21am On May 06, 2018
KingMicky3286:
A Nigerian woman lamented on facebook that has since gone viral on the internet that house maids are getting ssuitors and their daughters are been rejected.

She further stated that after training Maids on how to clean, good cooks and do good things. men will leave their daughters and marry the maids.

What do you think of our girls manners these days?

https://questionnigeria.com/question/nigerian-woman-laments-over-house-maids-getting-good-husbands/

Because most of your girls are rude and disrespectful, that is why smh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tee Nsofor: Nigerian Intersex Lady Receives Support As She Comes Out / American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test / Man Weds His Beautiful Japanese Bride ( See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.