Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo (19795 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / 10 Ethical Traits Of A Writer - By Jimson Jaat Taofik / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 5:10pm On May 06, 2018
THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - MIRACLE MISTRESS

So jejely I’m just sitting at Iya Bode’s bar sipping my beer. I kuku don’t have any runs for this weekend. Bimpe had told me earlier today that her dog was not feeling fine and she would be taking her to the vet this weekend. But that Bimpe girl sha! With her sexy figure 8! After all these years of secret office dating with nothing to show for it (No kissing, No Hugging), I finally managed to convince her to spend the weekend at my place this weekend but that’s when her yeye dog knows she is going to be sick (that's her excuse). Kunle my roommate thinks she is playing me but i disagree, that girl loves me too much and i don't want anything bad to happen to her dog because of me. The yeye Kunle must be feeling like one winner now that he has the main room to himself after we had argued for almost like forever about whose turn it is to use the main room this weekend. The thought of going to Lucky our usual ashawo joint crossed my mind but the way I was beginning to have feelings for that Belinda girl is getting me scared. I mean how can a whole me Taofik shakitibobo himself be having feelings for a call girl? L’aye! Kole wek! So that brings me to why I settled for Iya Bode’s place. At least after my regular 2 bottles of beer and maybe one or two plates of pepper soup (depending on how the night goes) I will go and sleep in peace on the couch in the other room.

I was thinking of how boring this weekend is going to be and how to face Kunle when I get home, I’m sure he will definitely want to rob it in (I too make mouth about my Bimpe runs). I was so caught up in my thought I didn’t notice a lady collapsing into the chair beside me. ‘What are you drinking?’ her voice brought me out of my thought. ‘Sorry, you said’ I replied. She then looked at me more closely the way a medical doctor would his patient ‘good evening, is everything ok? You don’t seem to be here at all’ she quizzed, I’m like ‘I’m ok jare, just a little tired after the day’s work, at least thank God today is Friday, I’ll have enough time to rest’, she smiled and said ‘eeya sorry, so what’s the name of your drink, your bottle has no label’. That’s true my bottles usually has no label, I peel them off almost immediately after opening the crown cock on it, meanwhile in my mind I’m like who is this JJC girl at a bar all by herself asking me for the name of my drink, she wan pay for me? ‘Eagle….that’s the name of my drink’ I tried to pay more attention to her face, I mean, if I’m going to be chatting with a stranger- a girl for that matter- I should at least know what she looks like. She looks like an omo butter kind of girl but damn, this babe fine sha! Dark skinned, plumb body, not plumb like fat oo, like Omotola Jolade kind of plumb, big Ghana weaving hair style, her age should be between 23 and 25 and to make matter worse she even has a dimple to match her flawless dentition, omo-boy gass try his luck on this one.

Sharperly I decided to be friendlier, but then, I need to play it cool so she will not think I’m desperate. I will talk to her only when she talks to me, then I’ll take it up from there, like she was in accordance with my thoughts; she asked ‘why is it that Ibadan guys like cheap things, cheap bars, cheap, drinks, even cheap girls.’ Mogbe oo! See this JJC girl falling my hand right here in my presence. She wasn’t done ‘ since I came in this evening I’ve been moving around and I’m not in any way impressed, the one that even baffles me most is the way their girls dress and do make-up………’ ‘Hold up, hold up! Where are you from?’ I cut in, ‘Lagos’ she replied. ‘all these Lagos people sha’ I thought to myself before addressing her issues; ‘first of all if you haven’t seen any impressive place in Ibadan since you arrived, that’s because you’ve been looking at the wrong places, and FYI I’m drinking Eagle because I really do enjoy the taste of the beer, not because it’s cheap and my dear, your conclusion about Ibadan girls gives me the impression that you have been shuttling between Beere and Molete’. That’s when she started laughing; laughing so hard like Basket Mouth just cracked his biggest joke ever. At this point I was getting pissed, really pissed. I just wanted to finish my drink and go; this girl is going to be a serious work I can’t deal with. She finally stopped as if she could feel my countenance had changed. ‘Sorry, sorry, sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you like that, but seriously who drinks an Eagle of N120 (one hundred and twenty naira) because he “really do enjoy the taste” seriously who?’ ‘Me!’ I half screamed back at her. ‘listen I’m a fun guy alright, on days that I’m in the mood, I go to a nice lounge, pop Champaign, Hennessey, or the least I manage Red Label, that’s the kind of guy I am’ at this point ehn, my ‘A’ game in bragging and mouth making was beginning to take over my attitude, I was pumping, ready to say anything to redeem myself from this falling hand. I continued to rave about the different clubs, bars, lounges and hotels I’ve rocked I was raving on and on and on……..i didn’t know when I told her “shey e dey your body? Because e dey my body oo. Make we just enter Switch’. By this time she has her elbow to the table and her hands to her jaw. She just looked at me as if she was neither impressed nor fazed by me asking to take her to a lounge she just said ‘ok, my car is parked outside’.

Ghen ghen! What the foil! I have just over played my hands here! See ehn, Switch is a lounge where if you don’t hold it, as in really boxed up, you are just going there to disgrace yourself. The least amount of beer you can get there is N500. Yes, to an average guy that’s pretty cool, but for a guy that drinks for N120 per bottle like me, that’s like a huge gap. The worst part of it is that a plate of anything there costs at least N1, 500. So by calculation I should have not less than N6, 000 if we can catch any groove (that is I’m assuming if she stops at two plates and maybe 3 or 4 bottles of a N500 beer and I will just respect myself and take 2 bottles for the sake of disgrace) and I pray she doesn’t want to club because that will be like the final blow that will send me to ‘Broke Island’. We will be talking about at least N15, 000. ‘I hope they have a club close by oo, cos I’m in the mood to parrtey’. This girl must be a witch sent from the pit of hell to torment me!

As we step out of Iya Bode’s bar, I was looking around to see which car she was talking about. She came from behind me through the door and led us to one 2013 Lexus X330 SUV. I could not believe it until she unlocked the doors with the remote, gave me the keys and said ‘you drive’. See groove! Today na today. We hopped into the car, I put the keys in the ignition and a thought crossed my mind, I said ‘babe if you’re going to club tonight that might probably take us till very late in the night oo, you’ll need a place to crash till morning’ she replied ‘what’s wrong with sleeping at your place? Or are you shy?’ me! Shakitibobo, why will I be shy? ‘I’m not shy oo, I’m just trying to be a gentle man’ ‘well don’t be. I like them rough rugged and raw’. Oh my! This girl is definitely sent to me but I’m not sure from where anymore. I looked at the fuel gauge of the car and noticed the light is on, so I drove us straight to a filling station, bought some fuel, then to the First Bank ATM machine at Oke-Ado to make some withdrawals, before negotiating our way to Switch.

Let’s not lie, Switch is full of life, you need to see their chairs, it’s like one of those chairs we see in first class sections on planes in films or pictures, their staff are always at alert, as you are coming in from the gate where we parked outside to their bar, you need to see the way they were greeting me, I was trying to hide my excitement as if it was not my first time of going there. It’s a storey building lounge so we decided to go upstairs where the view is magnificent, you could almost see the whole of Ring Road from the top. Emi Taofik flexing with an SUV and a very beautiful girl, chai, life is good sha.

They took our orders, we started eating and drinking, dancing from the lounge to the club. It was lit and we drank enough, while we were at it, I had already called Kunle about the change of plans but it was Kike his 18 year old girl friend that picked the call (I’ve always warned him about the day her father will catch them together), in other words, road block on that end so I decided I was going to book us a hotel not far off. To cut the long story short, we left the club and started driving towards our hotel, this girl just started praising me, ‘I used to think I like them rough before but the way you have been gentle and kind to me melts my heart, I can’t believe that there are guys like you out there, don’t make me fall in love with you oo, I might not go back to Lagos because of you’. I don’t know if it was the alcohol that was talking in her but she seemed drunk. though to me it was a little surprising because she kept feeding me her beer at the bar, she did not finish a single bottle all by herself, I always drank out of each bottle she took. Then again, I thought to myself “maybe she isn’t cut out for heavy drinking, she was just making her mouth”, well I’m glad I could show her shege after all her mouth making (but omo-boy lost N20, 000 and still counting to the adventure). By this time we had already arrived at our hotel, I switched off the ignition, ready to come down from the vehicle when she held me back by my hands, I looked back at her, she placed her left hand on my right shoulder and started robbing the back of my head, she bit her lips and winked at me- the light at the front of the hotel ensured I could see this. I sat back properly but this time I was facing her. I thought to myself ‘Taofik! You are definitely going to get it all the way tonight’. I was about to kiss her when she shushed me with her finger to my lips. She said ‘na, na, be the gentleman that you are and wait until we get inside’ (See me see trouble oo, was that not what I wanted to do before you started this your parole?) She then said ‘there’s nothing a gentleman cannot achieve if he is patient enough’. I didn’t understand what she meant though until later.

I came down from the car, opened her door for her and helped her down, I noticed she was staggering, drunk and sleepy, so I systematically placed her right hand across my shoulder and walked with her into the hotel lobby but you can still notice that she was drunk. I managed to place her on a chair by the entrance of the lobby to the left, got us a room and we proceeded to room 145 upstairs. By the time we got to the door of the room my shoulders were already hurting from carrying her, it was like she was sleepwalking but she was still talking, commenting on almost everything she see as we were making our way upstairs. I managed to open the door and dumped her on the bed to shake off the pain before we go to the main menu. She asked me if the shower of the bathroom was on, I quickly went in to check and by the time I came back, my lady friend (whose name I don’t even know) was already snoring.

I started calculating, should I just UnCloth her and do the thing in proxy? Or should I wait until midnight when she will probably be awake then we will do the thing? Or maybe I should just wait till morning when she will have more energy to rock me well? I started soliloquizing;”Ooo god! Which kain thing be this na? After N28, 000 man-pikin will not now score? Ko jo men! I must do oo, I’ll UnCloth her jare and do the thing even if it’s just one round, but I too spend money for this girl than to do one round that the girl will not even participate……. No! This girl has praised me too much for me to come and sleep with her in proxy, if she claims I raped her nobody will believe it was consensual especially after almost everyone at the hotel saw that I brought her in drunk. I think the best thing will be to wait till the morning, serve her a hot nice beverage like the gentleman she says I am, and then rock her world like Michael Jackson”.

I decided to wait till morning, but meanwhile I kept checking on her all through the night to see if she was awake but to my greatest surprise this girl did not shake at all, I was even expecting her to wake up at one point to ease herself but she didn’t, she slept all through.

By 6:30 am, I was already awake watching TV while waiting for my sleeping beauty to wake up, drink the hot beverage I asked the kitchen to prepare and then we take it from there. I had imagined us in different positions. I imagined her crawling from the bed to where I was on the chair, kneeling before me, unzipping my trousers and doing stuffs with her mouth and tongue to my p***is while I grab her br***t, squeezing it gently and then frolicking with her ni***es while she let out a little moan, I imagined raising her up from her kneeling position, kissing her on the belly while she grabs my head, I imagined unzipping her jeans trousers and then taking it off as well as her pants, then I imagined kissing the entrance of her p***y and licking the outlays before spreading her on the bed and then penetrating her with my d**k. I was holding on to this thought like an undated cheque about to be cashed when her phone rang. It didn’t even ring for up to three seconds before she picked it up. ‘Hello, where are you? Are you back?, see ehn what you made me pass through today ehn, I don’t know if I can forgive you, just come to Adeoyo round about and call me from there’ that was what she said on phone to the person on the other end. I was dumbfounded, a lot of questions were running through my head; who was she talking to? She mentioned Adeoyo which means she isn’t as JJC as I thought she knows where we are, so does that mean that someone is coming to our place? Is the person a male or a female? What will happen to our parole, everything I have imagined? To make matters worse she just went straight to bed again without giving me a look, whatever happened to her lips licking and lip biting stunt of last night?

I decided to play it cool and approach her, so I went to her on the bed with the hot beverage in my one hand, ‘hey bae, you are awake, hope you slept well?’ she turned towards me and feigned a smile, she noticed the beverage I was carrying so she sat up a bit and took it from me ‘yea, thanks I’m fine, thanks’ acknowledging the beverage, she said ‘awww you her a darling’ and she blew me a kiss. I smiled, my mind came down, at least the kiss is a sign that we are still on course. I for fear oo. In order to be sure I asked ‘so who was that on the phone?’ ‘oh that?’ (pointing to the direction of her phone under the pillow)‘don’t worry it’s a surprise that will blow your mind’ ‘ah oshe, party for the culture!, really this girl is heaven sent’ I said to myself. At this point I didn’t want to rush anything again; I mean why rush over one when I can get two for the price of one. I went back to the chair with a grin twice as wide as a smiling emoji.

Few minutes later her phone rang again, she didn’t bother to pick it she just sprang up and ran out with excitement. I was excited too, the third wheel is here and the party shall begin.

Bros, sister, mama, papa, whoever it is you are that is reading this, what I saw and experienced next was and still is beyond my imagination, in my whole life I never thought this was possible until the impossible became possible.

My lady friend (who I still don’t know her name) came in with a guy! A guy!! ‘Shey na the bros be this?’ the tall, bulky, beard headed looking guy asked, she feigned a ridiculous laughter and said ‘yes oo, this is the nice bros that has been taking care of me since last night oo’ I didn’t know how to react, it all seemed like I was dragged to a cinema to watch a horror film against my wish, I had no choice than to stand and watch proceedings. The stupid guy stretch out his hands to shake me ‘bros thanks a lot for taking care of my girl for me, I really appreciate it, she wanted to come and surprise me all the way from Lagos yesterday not knowing that I had an emergency from work and had to travel to Ife, so we kinda missed each other, by the time she got here sha had no money on her and me I don’t trust the friends that I have around, so I told her to hang around and look for one Ibadan guy to take care of her, Ibadan guys are always nice like that’ turning to her, he continued ‘shey I told that Ibadan guys are nice, shey you’ve seen it now’ she let out a laughter that by now I knew surely and truly she was mocking me- the latest candidate for the most dense person on earth and said ‘yes oo they are very, very nice’. Believe me I’m still thinking of calculating the entire money my parents spent to educate me, I think I should gather everything and refund it back to them, they wasted the money. Or maybe I should donate myself to ISIS for the sake of world peace at least that way I can be seen as something other than a rubber stamped mumu.

She passed me by and went to the bed to pick hr bag, car keys which I dropped on the TV stand and they both waved me goodbye and disappeared from my sight while laughing out loud. But this girl could have simply begged me at Iya Bode’s bar to let her crash in my house without making me spend all that much and without giving me all the hope in the world and then dashing it like a politician. I have no single pride in me left, I have just been fooled, Taofik Shakitibobo, Major General of my coast has just been played. This is terrible, how did I miss all the signs that it was a bad idea right from the starts? or was I a victim of over assuming? It took me almost an hour to be able to even change my position, from the chair to the bed, I reached for the pillow to cushion my head and that was when I noticed that she had left her phone a Samsung Galaxy X8 worth at least N250,000 in the second hand market! Karma is a bitch.

**********************************************************************************************************
IF YOU WERE ME WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH THE PHONE? PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS

9 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by daviesblaze(m): 8:22pm On May 06, 2018
karma is really a bitch grin grin. guy, hope you don check out already? grin

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by anneboy02(m): 6:47am On May 07, 2018
I will still be d nice guy and sell it off

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Ann2012(f): 4:56pm On May 07, 2018
I'll sell the phone, it's a compensation for my kindness grin
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by daviesblaze(m): 5:24pm On May 07, 2018
Madera001:
@daviesblaze check out The Chronicle of TaofikShakiti - Bank Alert for the answer
you havent posted it yet
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by YINKS89(m): 8:44pm On May 07, 2018
To sell d fone dey hungry mi sef
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by sommyboi(m): 10:37pm On May 07, 2018
You're such a wonderful writer, Kudos. Oya sell it to me at 200k please. grin grin grin
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by anneboy02(m): 12:49am On May 08, 2018
Madera001:
@anneboy02 you are really a nice guy.
Wow am blushing already tnks dear � [color=#006600][/color]
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by sabbiboi: 10:03am On May 12, 2018
Fact- She did not forget the phone. she purposely left it.
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 1:53pm On May 12, 2018
HEY GUYS PLEASE NOMINATE ME FOR WRITER OF THE MONTH.....I GO SHARE THE MONEY WITH UNA OO

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by HazardMan(m): 7:56pm On May 12, 2018
Nice
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 3:39pm On May 16, 2018
HEY GUYS CHECK THIS OUT-------------------> THE COVER OF OUR STORY IS OUT

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Holluwaphlexy(m): 9:47pm On May 18, 2018
This chronicle go make sense well well but where problem go dey na when u no gree upload ooo...... Ride on i dey ur back
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by kentozybee(m): 9:15am On May 21, 2018
Sha do quick to come and update o cause I am already loving this story abi chronicles de ni..... Well as for that Samsung galaxy phone, God no dey shave person make e no replace am with beards... Compensation aye
Well u can do Ibadan guys are very nice and return the phone oo grin
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Bulcqlay(m): 2:30pm On May 22, 2018
where are u shakiti bobo,,,, or you already gone to sell the phone.... just don't forget to drop your tithe with me
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2018
Watch out for this space on Saturday 26-05-2018. The chronicle continues with THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - BANK ALERT
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by SunFlow(m): 9:11am On May 24, 2018
Madera001:
Watch out for this space on Saturday 26-05-2018. The chronicle continues with THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - BANK ALERT

I don't think this story belongs to you...

Just one update with a new nairaland account and you are shout vote for me?

Prove me wrong.

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 8:39pm On May 25, 2018
Are you ready for me to blow your mind? Well stay tuned to this space like I said earlier for the continuation of this story. But since you have challenged me now I'm launching a new story which I premiered on wattpad.com last year. THE ENEMY WITHIN please go check it out on this platform. In a couple of minutes it will be out. Thanks
SunFlow:

I don't think this story belongs to you...

Just one update with a new nairaland account and you are shout vote for me?

Prove me wrong.

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by SunFlow(m): 10:20pm On May 25, 2018
Madera001:
Are you ready for me to blow your mind? Well stay tuned to this space like I said earlier for the continuation of this story. But since you have challenged me now I'm launching a new story which I premiered on wattpad.com last year. THE ENEMY WITHIN please go check it out on this platform. In a couple of minutes it will be out. Thanks

See this one, I challenged you to update this story if it's actually yours and you are saying another thing
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 10:36pm On May 25, 2018
i thought i just said tomorrow bros. no be quarrel oo. But just in case you cannot wait for the full package biko be managing this --------> THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - BANK ALERT

Just in case you are wondering, that girl’s phone is no longer with me, it is now with the owner and in case you are still wondering too, I now know her name. Her name is Peju and she is (as a matter of fact) the daughter of a Lagos businessman and they are so damn wealthy. How did all these happen? Follow me.

After that episode where the chieftaincy title of ‘The Most Dense Dude Alive’ was conferred on me by no other than Peju (The Miracle Mistress), I quickly checked out of the hotel room. I figured they may soon realize that Peju left her phone and will definitely come back. I boarded a bike and headed home straight.

Unknown to me, another matter was already brewing at home- kike’s father has finally caught up with Kunle and his daughter. According to Mrs. Eyewitness News (Mama Nkechi), it was a serious gbege. Kunle had to jump the fence to escape from the grip of kike’s father who wanted to machete him to death, although not without some scars. The story is long; I’ll save it for another day. Meanwhile they said the man was looking for me with some Police Officers to produce Kunle. (See me see trouble oo, another man shit, na why another man go pack am? Never ko jo!) As soon as I entered the main room, I simply picked my phone and dialed Kike’s father’s number who we usually call Baba Kike. Immediately he picked the call I was saying ‘Hello Baba Kik….’ when he interrupted me with his thick Yoruba accent(much thicker than mine) “see ehn you better come to Iyaganku police station and surrender yourself or you produce your friend!’ you will think I didn’t hear a word of what he said, I ignored him and continued from where I stopped ‘baba Kike I heard you were looking for me with some police officers because of Kunle and Kike your daughter, how is that suppose to be my business? See ehn no try me oo, respect yourself unless you want me to pay a visit to Mama Kike. At least she will be interested in what is happening between you and Iya Gbogbo my Landlady……’ next thing I heard was the hang-up tone, he hung up. Case settled. The story of what happened between my landlady and Baba Kike is also for another day. One thing is for sure though; Baba Kike will not be bothering me any time soon. At the moment let us focus on how that phone got to Peju.
SunFlow:

See this one, I challenged you to update this story if it's actually yours and you are saying another thing

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 10:37pm On May 25, 2018
MEANWHILE PLEASE GO CHECK OUT 'THE ENEMY WITHIN' IT IS NOW ON NAIRALAND. THANKS
SunFlow:

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 1:42pm On May 27, 2018
HEY GUYS I,M SO, SO, SORRY FOR NOT KEEPING MY PROMISE YESTERDAY. AS A MADRID FAN, THE CELEBRATION WENT TOO DEEP INTO THE NIGHT. I'M JUST WAKING UP FROM MY SLEEP.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL MADRID FANS ONCE AGAIN #HalaMadrid

THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - BANK ALERT comes up now, stay tuned
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 1:45pm On May 27, 2018
THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - BANK ALERT

Just in case you are wondering, that girl’s phone is no longer with me, it is now with the owner and in case you are still wondering too, I now know her name. Her name is Peju and she is (as a matter of fact) the daughter of a Lagos businessman and they are so damn wealthy. How did all these happen? Follow me.
After that episode where the chieftaincy title of ‘The Most Dense Dude Alive’ was conferred on me by no other than Peju (The Miracle Mistress), I quickly checked out of the hotel room. I figured they may soon realize that Peju left her phone and will definitely come back. I boarded a bike and headed home straight.
Unknown to me, another matter was already brewing at home- kike’s father has finally caught up with Kunle and his daughter. According to Mrs. Eyewitness News (Mama Nkechi), it was a serious gbege. Kunle had to jump the fence to escape from the grip of kike’s father who wanted to machete him to death, although not without some scars. The story is long; I’ll save it for another day. Meanwhile they said the man was looking for me with some Police Officers to produce Kunle. (See me see trouble oo, another man shit, na why another man go pack am? Never ko jo!) As soon as I entered the main room, I simply picked my phone and dialed Kike’s father’s number who we usually call Baba Kike. Immediately he picked the call I was saying ‘Hello Baba Kik….’ when he interrupted me with his thick Yoruba accent(much thicker than mine) “see ehn you better come to Iyaganku police station and surrender yourself or you produce your friend!’ you will think I didn’t hear a word of what he said, I ignored him and continued from where I stopped ‘baba Kike I heard you were looking for me with some police officers because of Kunle and Kike your daughter, how is that suppose to be my business? See ehn no try me oo, respect yourself unless you want me to pay a visit to Mama Kike. At least she will be interested in what is happening between you and Iya Gbogbo my Landlady……’ next thing I heard was the hang-up tone, he hung up. Case settled. The story of what happened between my landlady and Baba Kike is also for another day. One thing is for sure though; Baba Kike will not be bothering me any time soon. At the moment let us focus on how that phone got to Peju.
As soon as he hung up, I threw my phone onto the nearest available place, collapse on the bed and continued to think about the events of the previous day. This time, my thought was all about the money I spent and the kind of hardship I’m about to face in ‘Broke Island’.
I think the thoughts somehow led me to dose off, but not for long. Peju’s phone started ringing. ‘Forever Mine’ was calling. Instinctively I picked the call
Me: hello
Peju: hello bros please where are you?
Me: I’m in my house, hope no problem?
Peju: no bros, just that I left that phone at the hotel room.
Me: which phone, you mean the one you are calling me on?
Peju: yes
Me: this phone is now mine oo, if you like go and call the Police, it will only make me hasten up about chewing your SIM card. Sho ti ye e?
Then I hung up after a long hiss.
I resumed my previous position on the bed with a mood that has now shifted from regret to anger.
How did I let this happen to me? How did I miss all those signs, her constant phone calls while we were in the club, her over friendliness, giving me signs but giving me nothing? I have been the victim of another person’s hilarious prank!
An international number kept calling and was getting on my nerves. I decided to use the volume key to reduce the volume to zero so that I can have my peace.
I was almost dozing off again when a phone rang. This time it was mine.. Kunle was calling:
Me: bastard where you dey?
Kunle: guy I dey school 2
Me: I think say den don carry you go gbobi na. mrs eyewitness news say baba kike don break your head
Kunle: guy stop that dirty play jor, see I never baff since last night oo, and I no fi come house now, dem say that man dey find me with police officers.
Me: so wetin u wan make I do, make I con baff u? abi you no see water baff for the hole wey that yeye stick between your legs carry you go?
Just as I was about to unleash more trolls on him, something crossed my mind; I need to carry Kunle along as to how I need to go about Peju’s phone.
Kunle’s talent (apart from chasing young girls around the street) has been his street connection and understanding of the street codes. This is one thing I’ve never admitted to him. Never! How Shakitibobo go dey concede superiority to anyone on my street? Ko jo!
So I decided to take a few things to Kunle so he can change and try to solve my problems.
On getting to school 2 (a local shepe joint), we quickly rushed to Wale’s place. Wale is one of our street friends; we hang out with him once in a while. Kunle must have slept there last night. I narrated my ordeal of the previous day to Kunle and believe me, he had a filled day making jest of me. He reminded me of the numerous times he warned me about getting ahead of myself and gave me a lecture on how to be street smart when it comes to girls(as if he has done better than Kike a secondary school fresh graduate). No be hin fault, na me wey go fall mugu.
I told him my first thought is to sell the phone and recoup some of the monies I spent on Peju.
His response was ‘guy no sell that phone oo, dem fi trace and track the phone to the person wey you sell am to and the girl fi claim say na steal you steal am’. That makes sense to me; last thing I want is to enter another police gbege after I don already loose my money. So i asked Kunle;
Me: so guy wetin I go do? I loose too much money to that girl na!
Kunle: why you no sell the phone wey you dey use, put your SIM inside the girl own, at least
if na you dey use am you go know how to use am in such a way wey dem no go
catch you and even if dem catch you, explanation still dey for that one.
That makes sense too, at the least my phone can still be sold for N20, 000(Twenty Thousand Naira) which will go a long way to cushion the effect of the money I lost. We were in the middle of the conversation when the phone rang again. The same ‘forever mine’ was calling. But this time it was a male’s voice – Peju’s boyfriend. I put the phone on loud speaker;
Me: what is it again?
Peju’s boyfriend: bros what’s the issue with you na? We left a phone at your place, give it back!

Me : guy e be like say something dey work you. You and your girlfriend dupe me finish you
con even get the gut to call me about any phone, see like I said, call the police and say bye bye to your girl’s line.
Peju’s Boyfriend: ok bros how much did you spend on her last night, give me the estimate, we’ll pay you back.
Me: what I spent last night was only N50, 000 (fifty thousand naira) so how am I getting the money?
Peju’s Boyfriend: bros but shey you know that you guys both enjoyed the money oo, so she should not be paying you the full money
Me: ehn ehn, ok no P, let me sell the phone and let’s see if I will need to share the proceeds with you na
Peju’s Boyfriend: ok bros just bring the phone to the hotel and come and collect your money in full right away.
Me: ok, at what time?
Peju’s Boyfriend: I said right away, we are at the hotel now.
Me: alright I’m coming.
*******************************************************************************************
please note that this is not the end of this episode. the concluding part will be updated soon. Enjoy this piece and please dont be a silent reader. air your view on the story, it helps the writer become better. THANKS

4 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Omolaiya: 7:17pm On May 27, 2018
nice one.....learning something in this your story
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Bulcqlay(m): 8:03pm On May 27, 2018
well done man,,,,, enjoying the gist

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) / Amaka The Lesbian 18+ / Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.