Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,797 members, 7,802,548 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (97671 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / What Can A Young Lawyer Do In Canada, The USA, Newzealand Or Australia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by pansophist(m): 8:01pm On May 14, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Spot on, this has always been my position always, Nigeria is beyond redemption, those who want to be patriotic can continue and they should enjoy the shithole it offers, nonsense sad
\

You smart.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by authority2006(m): 8:04am On May 15, 2018
SalamRushdie:

For his doctor friend to complain of too much money inthis pocket says a lot about the character of his friend

Actually, there was a protest about two or three weeks ago where doctors were complaining of too much pay. What da heck!

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by authority2006(m): 8:15am On May 15, 2018
Tonymansupanova:
Lol what a thread. Quiet deceitfully for someone who hasn't done enough research to know that Canada is not beans, but with hard work and a bit of re-education (2years max) , and networking, you can live free and happy for the rest of your life. So what if you flip burgers or wait tables in the interim? As long as you develop yourself and build up your skillset in whatever professional you had previously, you should be able to make something of your life. Its not hard, but its not so easy either. 2, sometimes, 3 jobs, but eventually you can get the much needed "Canadian work experience" which most employers in your field might require. A further advice for those recent graduates considering this move, learn a trade, examples are, pipefitting, long distance truck driving, carpentry, mechanic even, they get paid a lot in Canada. Its not always about "white collar job" Imagine a carpenter earning more than a full shell staff. That's a reality over here. Work on yourself. And change your mindset about your so called hard earned degrees and experience, they don't mean anything because you got them in a shithole country. All the best to all involved eh.

You made it look like Canada discriminates against only the certificates obtained in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 18, 2018
authority2006:

You made it look like Canada discriminates against only the certificates obtained in Nigeria.

How many other countries have their citizens flooding to Canada?
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by BossLaifay(f): 2:36pm On May 18, 2018
TOPCRUISE:
Alakoba Post. Enemy of progress. After all she will get paid for writing this. She is the kind of person that encourage a master degree holder who lives in sango otta to consider a job of N20,000 per month in Ajah and says experience in the job is key
Msheww! Do you mind them? What has Nigeria got to offer any sane human being?

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Trustme2(m): 4:39pm On May 18, 2018
SnowJay92:

They don't accept our degree for the purpose of employment but they accept it as a basis for postgraduate studies! Why? Am just curious

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by TheCongo2: 4:45pm On May 18, 2018
SnowJay92:

So many ... Haiti, Jamaica, Congo, India, China, Korea ... citizens of most of those countries started flooding Canada long time ago. The Haitians had started in the 60s. The Nigerians have just started.

4 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 18, 2018
Trustme2:

They don't accept our degree for the purpose of employment but they accept it as a basis for postgraduate studies! Why? Am just curious

I wouldn't know let's hope the people with the knowledge of how that works tell us.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by onatisi(m): 9:34pm On May 18, 2018
If anyone has the chance and opportunity to leave Nigeria ,do it fast. When one even travel to Ghana ,Ivory coast and even many African countries,one will see how saner and normal a society and system should be. Most African countries have light as normal basic things while in Nigeria power supply is still largely seen as a luxury by many because it isn't available. Value for human life ,security of life and property. Majority of those leaving the nation just want to live in peace without having to say prayers before having light in their homes and etc

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by maternal: 12:00am On May 19, 2018
Trustme2:

With money and toto any idiot can obtain a Nigerian degree. No sane employer would take the risk on a Nigerian graduate in Canada. School is big business. A school has no issues admitting you if you're ready to pay the fees. And if you fail ? You repeat the class and pay the fees again. Understand?

3 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Trustme2(m): 2:06am On May 19, 2018
maternal:

With money and toto any idiot can obtain a Nigerian degree. No sane employer would take the risk on a Nigerian graduate in Canada. School is big business. A school has no issues admitting you if you're ready to pay the fees. And if you fail ? You repeat the class and pay the fees again. Understand?
Hmmmm. Bros I weak o. So where do we start from sef
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by AngelicBeing: 10:32am On May 19, 2018
maternal:

Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, chai, lol at money and toto, you hit the nail on the head grin

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by sanmibukunmi: 5:48pm On May 19, 2018
pegger:
This is Pamela's point of view or experience. Incidentally, experiences are peculiar and not universal in nature. Haven said that, What Pamela has said is true but not necessarily the truth. I live in Canada and work professionally in my line of career. This took me a year but after 2years of doing this consistently, it think it is REALLY worth it and would not have been able to achieve same in Nigeria. I also know a lot of Nigerian professionals excelling in various careers across industries such as Aerospace, Technology, Teaching, Healthcare and so on. Getting into a desired career in Canada might take time but you must desire it and be willing to put in the work and compete daily with other professionals. Are you surprised? Nobody can guarantee you a date but it's sure achievable. I see people who excel and I see people who don't and they complain (Take them back to Nigeria, they will still complain)

I don't know what version of Canada Pamela as experienced but for me, I WILL DO IT AGAIN.

Hello sorry to bother you, I have been following threads about traveling out of Nigeria and a lot of people advice you have skill. Well I don't mind getting skill but I wanna ask, are there no opportunities for farmers there? Like can't someone who has good skills in agricultural field make it there. The thing is all my life, I ha ẹ preference for agriculture, health and little bit for IT. Just wanna know if some one like me who has agricultural preferences can have an opportunity there without having to change

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by peterdaniels: 6:40pm On May 19, 2018
[quote author=steroid post=67364115]Nigeria is a failed state, even those acting patriotic know the truth. Canada is the way forward for anyone who really wants to live and Nigeria is

for people who think that they are actually living when they are merely existing. I am very sure that people who aresaying Nigeria is a fertile

ground have never lived abroad for at least 2 years, if they had, they will understand why Nigerians travel abroad and never want to come back.

Even Pamela that is tweeting all that garbage will prefer 'suffering' there to untold riches in Nigeria.

I have tasted both worlds and I can confidently tell you that [b]Nigeria is in a coma [/b]with no signs of gaining consciousness anytime soon.

Pamela is just a failed detractor

The bolded got me laughing..�
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by wiseworld: 7:27pm On May 19, 2018
hmm bad belle,alright Canada is no go area,Dubai is hell,State no job,Ireland is hell hoe,and Nigeria ? and you are there in canada! She deserve a dirty slap!
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by onatisi(m): 8:24pm On May 19, 2018
wiseworld:
hmm bad belle,alright Canada is no go area,Dubai is hell,State no job,Ireland is hell hoe,and Nigeria ? and you are there in canada! She deserve a dirty slap!
Ironically I am yet to see someone who is in Nigeria say that Nigeria is better than Canada or usa ,it is only those who are living in those countries and the funniest part is they have decided to die there rather than spend even 6 months in Nigeria and yet they keep saying the place isn't good ,when they come to Nigeria for 2months vacation after the 2 week they are already complaining and can't wait to jump back into the plane

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by stacyadams: 1:11am On May 20, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, I am suffering with the goodies in the West, deal with it and enjoy your shithole jungle, it seems my post struck a nerve on your miserable life in your shithole, let me head to Starbucks and take a cup of coffee, I don't have your time, my last response to you zombie, a lazy, demented, frustrated and hopeless Nigerian youth grin
....u don Keee person.....

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 22, 2018
Quality of living, 2018.

1. Vienna
2. Zurich
3. Munich (tied)
3. Auckland (tied)
5. Vancouver
6. Dusseldorf
7. Frankfurt
8. Geneva
9. Copenhagen
10. Basel (tied)
10. Sydney (tied)

39. Paris
41. London
50. Tokyo
134. Istanbul
165. Riyadh
167. Moscow
212. Lagos

(Mercer)
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by hammed71(m): 9:24pm On May 22, 2018
At least we sha dey the list

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by nanora: 7:33am On May 23, 2018
I'll just stay here. Even when they said going abroad helps you earn more money, better life... but I will be happy for what I got.
company search

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 23, 2018
Canadian route is being blocked gradually.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by pegger: 8:53pm On May 24, 2018
sanmibukunmi:

Hello sorry to bother you, I have been following threads about traveling out of Nigeria and a lot of people advice you have skill. Well I don't mind getting skill but I wanna ask, are there no opportunities for farmers there? Like can't someone who has good skills in agricultural field make it there. The thing is all my life, I ha ẹ preference for agriculture, health and little bit for IT. Just wanna know if some one like me who has agricultural preferences can have an opportunity there without having to change

There are opportunities here for everyone regardless of your field or interests. Canada is very agrarian. The first step is to apply for your permanent residency or work permit.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by nowpresence(f): 11:02pm On May 24, 2018
Tonymansupanova:
Lol what a thread. Quiet deceitfully for someone who hasn't done enough research to know that Canada is not beans, but with hard work and a bit of re-education (2years max) , and networking, you can live free and happy for the rest of your life. So what if you flip burgers or wait tables in the interim? As long as you develop yourself and build up your skillset in whatever professional you had previously, you should be able to make something of your life. Its not hard, but its not so easy either. 2, sometimes, 3 jobs, but eventually you can get the much needed "Canadian work experience" which most employers in your field might require. A further advice for those recent graduates considering this move, learn a trade, examples are, pipefitting, long distance truck driving, carpentry, mechanic even, they get paid a lot in Canada. Its not always about "white collar job" Imagine a carpenter earning more than a full shell staff. That's a reality over here. Work on yourself. And change your mindset about your so called hard earned degrees and experience, they don't mean anything because you got them in a shithole country. All the best to all involved eh.
please what kind of skills should a female learn that's lucrative in Canada.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by TheCongo2: 11:06pm On May 24, 2018
nowpresence:

please what kind of skills should a female learn that's lucrative in Canada.

Wow... this is the 21st century mom ... there is no longer such a thing as male or female in the business world.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by nowpresence(f): 11:23pm On May 24, 2018
Obi4gboy:
I am not an advocate for leaving a comfortable life in Nigeria and coming here to Canada, it's a matter of choice. Assuming I was working as a full staff in Shell, I would not even consider leaving. Imagine working in a multinational, you do all the work, write all the reports and somebody else takes the glory and uses it for thier promotion, just because you are a contract Staff and they are full staff it's disheartening. And then your boss tells you that it is easier to employ a new person as a full staff than to convert you from a contract Staff to full staff when you are the one that knows all the stuff.
My pay was 400k naira a month in Shell without any benefits and a fresh graduate who is a full staff that I am showing the ropes is been paid 1.3 million naira and getting all the benefits. It's not really a good feeling. So I am happy being in Canada earning a good pay, and funny enough the company I work as a security guard has also promised me a job as a Network security engineer when I am done with my masters degree. This is the kind of hope you get here.
The secret is simple, no matter the job you are doing here, work as though there is no God and pray as though there is only God.
what course are you undergoing for your masters
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 26, 2018
Stallion93:
Don't know why Nigerians are like this, we hate to help each other to have a better life, How.can someone, full grown woman with adult brain Come online and attempt to discourage Her own people from coming to Canada, saying they should stay back in this Matrydom hopeless country? She probably wants to reduce to number of Nigerians coming so as to create a less competitive environment for her to get a job and invite her household only to come and enjoy available chances and a wonderful life in general. The Chinese have been migrating to Canada since ages ago and are still migrating, if Chinese can encourage themselves to leave wonderful China to Canada then what is there to talk about us? Likewise the Arabs and the Arabs always inform their people back home on what country to migrate to immediately they get accepted and start surviving in that place. Please let's begin to love ourselves o! Since our gods(politicians) have sworn to make life miserable for us. Nigeria is a place for dead people, Life does not exist here.
I tell you bro. The population of Arabs in Canada is quite alarming. I have worked with many Canadian on Upwork and was surprised to know that they are all of Arab extraction

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Stallion93(m): 5:58pm On May 26, 2018
papiforreal:

I tell you bro. The population of Arabs in Canada is quite alarming. I have worked with many Canadian on Upwork and was surprised to know that they are all of Arab extraction
bro plz I need to come to Canada but I dont have enough money. Help a brother

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by gees101(m): 2:14pm On May 29, 2018
maternal:

hahaha keee me my broda keee me #money&toto
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by sanmibukunmi: 7:54am On Jun 02, 2018
pegger:

There are opportunities here for everyone regardless of your field or interests. Canada is very agrarian. The first step is to apply for your permanent residency or work permit.
Thank you
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by kingralu: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
emelda86:
My heart is doing me somehow,,,how can she say such after I've submitted my passport & information's abeg o...Canada better pass naija by far if I reach there I go work 18hours as an Igbo blood wey I be I rebuke every false news about Canada in Jesus name Amen.
ma'am please how much did you budget for this and how are you going about it? Is anybody or firm helping you? Please help me with answers cos I don't wanna be in Nigeria by the middle of next year.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Ojolfc(m): 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2018
Seniors in the house.
With #1.3m which country can i migrate to as a hustler.
I wants to be an economic migrant. Advice pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Tolulope Arotile Was Mistakenly Killed By Her Ex Schoolmate - NAF / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.