Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:34 PM

Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (97392 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / What Can A Young Lawyer Do In Canada, The USA, Newzealand Or Australia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 07, 2018
Firgemachar:

Thank you my sister.

The only people who should be travelling abroad are those who have nothing doing here.

But how can a 6-digit per month earner just decide to quit their job for a potential 'paradise' Isn't that first class folly
Honestly it baffles me. Nigerians just think that abroad is automatically better. Honestly if you're not working a job that pays 2,000 pounds or dollars plus a month, you'll litterally have little to nothing to enjoy after paying tax, rent, bills, buying fuel and car insurance if you drive and if you don't, public transport fares. Life isn't easy anywhere

4 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by ernecy(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2018
Well!!..enjoy your life in Nigeria, while I make move to my greener pastures (it's always greener on the other side).
Netanyahu1:
The last thing I will do is to advice anyone not to go, experience is the best teacher, even if you are not better off in Canada you will never know because the fake life in USA and Canada looks real for life. For me I will create my own little Canada here in Nigeria free of credit card debt, and unending bills.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/08/02/if-you-have-10-and-no-debt-you-are-richer-than-15-of-american-households-put-together/amp/

4 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by northvietnam(m): 6:25pm On May 07, 2018
HeWrites:

I'm also leaving this country in 2019
Though not to Canada but South Korea
if not yahoo yahoo... or Drugs, my brother get ready for the worst.
no b say u no go make am Ooo...
but if u reach abeg try everything possible to enter japan..
Atlanta Gorgia on my mind... (AD Nurse loading)
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 07, 2018
ernecy:
Well!!..enjoy your life in Nigeria, while I make move to my greener pastures (it's always greener on the other side).
goodluck.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by HeWrites(m): 6:43pm On May 07, 2018
northvietnam:

if not yahoo yahoo... or Drugs, my brother get ready for the worst.
no b say u no go make am Ooo...
but if u reach abeg try everything possible to enter japan..
Atlanta Gorgia on my mind... (AD Nurse loading)
Lol, Ain't staying there permanently, Just for study then ama relocate to US
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by MumJJJ(f): 6:50pm On May 07, 2018
fairfora:
Pamela, thank you very much for telling them the truth but hey! The will neva listen ooo. Aja to ba maa sonu, ko ni gbo fere olode layeee( a dog that would go missing would always defer the sound of his master's whistle). My friend, a branch manager in a first generation bank resigned, sold his landed property and jetted out to canada with the whole family 5 years ago yet, no jobs. He keeps amassing canadian paali yet, no sign of getting a paying job anytime soon. The country would build a standard for you, provide gas, heater and washing machine in your home(same with yankee). You dare not say you're not gonna use it because whether it's used or not, the bill is fixed and you must pay monthly. What is left is meager. Meanwhile as a branch manager, he was earning 700k, with an official car. This guy had access to fat loan facilities with ridiculously low interest rates, which he could have invested in farming, almost free money oo. Now, he's spent 5 years already with no hope of making ends meet. He can't even think of coming back sef. His colleagues back home are now directors and deputy directors. Nigeria is the most fertile land on earth unfortunately, our people are too blind to see the opportunities inherent in the land. An indian or a chinese would come to nigeria with one shirt and a trouser but in a few years, he's a millionaire in dollars. What is wrong with naija peeps sef. Canada that nigerians who have become grandpa, who relocated when things were good are now planning to leave because of their dwindling economy, is where nigerians are rushing into, all in the name of greener pasture that does not exist anywhere, SMH. Had Seun Osewa relocated to canada with his vast IT experience, I doubt if he would be smiling to the bank the way he's doing today. Abi I lie Seun? grin . seriously, we need to think deeply before taking a decision so we don't shoot ourselves in the leg. I'm yet to see such a fertile land as Nigeria.

You are talking about your friend who was making it here in Nigeria. What of other people who doesn't have hope of getting that bank job here in Nigeria as it is now. You mean if they get the opportunity they should not leave. That Lady up there is complaining not getting a proper job after three months off arrival because she had proper job here before leaving. An average Nigerian youth doesn't have hope in this country.
If have the opportunity please leave, do improper job, upgrade yourself and getting the proper job will be easy.

9 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by northvietnam(m): 7:16pm On May 07, 2018
HeWrites:

Lol, Ain't staying there permanently, Just for study then ama relocate to US

sharp...
very sharp...
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by steroid: 7:36pm On May 07, 2018
Nigeria is a failed state, even those acting patriotic know the truth. Canada is the way forward for anyone who really wants to live and Nigeria is

for people who think that they are actually living when they are merely existing. I am very sure that people who are saying Nigeria is a fertile

ground have never lived abroad for at least 2 years, if they had, they will understand why Nigerians travel abroad and never want to come back.

Even Pamela that is tweeting all that garbage will prefer 'suffering' there to untold riches in Nigeria.

I have tasted both worlds and I can confidently tell you that Nigeria is in a coma with no signs of gaining consciousness anytime soon.

Pamela is just a failed detractor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by temmytanny(m): 7:51pm On May 07, 2018
Trustme2:

But I learnt they don't recognise degrees and work experience acquired outside Canada? Is it true or just to discourage one

Pure lies. I have engineering degree but working in a financial institution. The only thing i noticed is they may consider their citizen ahead of you. US and Canada really need skilled workers. With your degree and relevant certification, you can get jobs.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Obi4gboy: 8:10pm On May 07, 2018
Exactly. When my sister and her husband landed, thier earnings were below $45k a year cos they were new. The government paid her $500 for each of her children and she has 4. She didn't need any daycare cos my mum was helping out to look after them. This was in 2016. In 2017, my sister and her husband had a combined earning of $121,000. My sister used to work as an accountant in Nigeria but she is working as a social worker here. Her husband was also a contract Staff in Shell earning 400,000 naira in Nigeria. He is here working as a mechanic earning about than 3 times his pay in Nigeria. Government doesn't pay for their kids anymore cos thier household earnings is now greater than $70k.Nigerians here find ways to spend way less on expenses than people think. Trust, if you work hard here, you will succeed.
Trustme2:

That may not be true if they live withing their means and the wife is not a spendthrift. Moreover achhola are free for children from primary school to secondary school. Govt also pays $500 per child per month as children upkeep allowance

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Shalomc(f): 8:10pm On May 07, 2018
temmytanny:

Pure lies. I have engineering degree but working in a financial institution. The only thing i noticed is they may consider their citizen ahead of you. US and Canada really need skilled workers. With your degree and relevant certification, you can get jobs.
Engineer working in a financial institution? What do you do there? Just curious.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Shalomc(f): 8:13pm On May 07, 2018
steroid:
Nigeria is a failed state, even those acting patriotic know the truth. Canada is the way forward for anyone who really wants to live and Nigeria is

for people who think that they are actually living when they are merely existing. I am very sure that people who aresaying Nigeria is a fertile

ground have never lived abroad for at least 2 years, if they had, they will understand why Nigerians travel abroad and never want to come back.

Even Pamela that is tweeting all that garbage will prefer 'suffering' there to untold riches in Nigeria.

I have tasted both worlds and I can confidently tell you that Nigeria is in a coma with no signs of gaining consciousness anytime soon.

Pamela is just a failed detractor

You are right. But you should travel with plans not just travel just because of traveling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Shalomc(f): 8:15pm On May 07, 2018
trustyshoess:

Honestly it baffles me. Nigerians just think that abroad is automatically better. Honestly if you're not working a job that pays 2,000 pounds or dollars plus a month, you'll litterally have little to nothing to enjoy after paying tax, rent, bills, buying fuel and car insurance if you drive and if you don't, public transport fares. Life isn't easy anywhere
But the structural support yonder are nonexistent in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Obi4gboy: 8:29pm On May 07, 2018
I am not an advocate for leaving a comfortable life in Nigeria and coming here to Canada, it's a matter of choice. Assuming I was working as a full staff in Shell, I would not even consider leaving. Imagine working in a multinational, you do all the work, write all the reports and somebody else takes the glory and uses it for thier promotion, just because you are a contract Staff and they are full staff it's disheartening. And then your boss tells you that it is easier to employ a new person as a full staff than to convert you from a contract Staff to full staff when you are the one that knows all the stuff.
My pay was 400k naira a month in Shell without any benefits and a fresh graduate who is a full staff that I am showing the ropes is been paid 1.3 million naira and getting all the benefits. It's not really a good feeling. So I am happy being in Canada earning a good pay, and funny enough the company I work as a security guard has also promised me a job as a Network security engineer when I am done with my masters degree. This is the kind of hope you get here.
The secret is simple, no matter the job you are doing here, work as though there is no God and pray as though there is only God.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by pegger: 8:32pm On May 07, 2018
This is Pamela's point of view or experience. Incidentally, experiences are peculiar and not universal in nature. Haven said that, What Pamela has said is true but not necessarily the truth. I live in Canada and work professionally in my line of career. This took me a year but after 2years of doing this consistently, it think it is REALLY worth it and would not have been able to achieve same in Nigeria. I also know a lot of Nigerian professionals excelling in various careers across industries such as Aerospace, Technology, Teaching, Healthcare and so on. Getting into a desired career in Canada might take time but you must desire it and be willing to put in the work and compete daily with other professionals. Are you surprised? Nobody can guarantee you a date but it's sure achievable. I see people who excel and I see people who don't and they complain (Take them back to Nigeria, they will still complain)

I don't know what version of Canada Pamela as experienced but for me, I WILL DO IT AGAIN.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by steroid: 9:02pm On May 07, 2018
Shalomc:

You are right. But you should travel with plans not just travel just because of traveling.

When I was abroad, it was for studies. No one just hops into a plane without a destination in mind or a purpose. Visas are given based on reason.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by emelda86(f): 9:20pm On May 07, 2018
Ufemia26:

Hello babe.. You will make it there

Thanks dear
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Shalomc(f): 9:23pm On May 07, 2018
steroid:

When I was abroad, it was for studies. No one just hops into a plane without a destination in mind or a purpose. Visas are given based on reason.
Speak for yourself bro.... speak for yourself. I can't recount the number of Nigerians that I have seen abroad without... purpose just "hustling"....
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 07, 2018
Shalomc:

But the structural support yonder are nonexistent in Nigeria.
Unless you're a citizen, have a working visa or are a permanent resident, you're really not entitled to support from the government tbh. Its all well and good going there to struggle if you have absolutely nothing going for you in Nigeria but if you have a job, it would be dumb of you to quit it to move there. Trust me.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Shalomc(f): 9:26pm On May 07, 2018
trustyshoess:

Unless you're a citizen, have a working visa or are a permanent resident, you're really not entitled to support from the government tbh. Its all well and good going there to struggle if you have absolutely nothing going for you in Nigeria but if you have a job, it would be dumb of you to quit it to move there. Trust me.
I agree. Several times I have asked myself for what purpose will I leave Nigeria to go and hustle without defined parameters in a foreign land.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Ejadike(m): 9:44pm On May 07, 2018
Riversides2003:

But really a doctor that makes $180k a year in Canada is a failure. Am not a medical doctor nor Engineer but I make close to that amount operating heavy equipments. Have seen Nigerian Doctors that makes upward of $500 here in Fort McMurray easily.
bro, does one needs to learn this before leaving the shores of this country?
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Ejadike(m): 9:46pm On May 07, 2018
Obi4gboy:
Exactly. When my sister and her husband landed, thier earnings were below $45k a year cos they were new. The government paid her $500 for each of her children and she has 4. She didn't need any daycare cos my mum was helping out to look after them. This was in 2016. In 2017, my sister and her husband had a combined earning of $121,000. My sister used to work as an accountant in Nigeria but she is working as a social worker here. Her husband was also a contract Staff in Shell earning 400,000 naira in Nigeria. He is here working as a mechanic earning about than 3 times his pay in Nigeria. Government doesn't pay for their kids anymore cos thier household earnings is now greater than $70k.Nigerians here find ways to spend way less on expenses than people think. Trust, if you work hard here, you will succeed.
Bro, how can I go about processing a visa? I'm a polytechnic graduate, and can I gain admission or scholarship for Masters with an HND?
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 07, 2018
Shalomc:

Engineer working in a financial institution? What do you do there? Just curious.
shows how naive u are. Most engineers and other science students are in banks and audit firms thriving in nigeria and abroad. Any tom dick and harry can be a banker

3 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Shalomc(f): 10:03pm On May 07, 2018
yeyerolling:
shows how naive u are. Most engineers and other science students are in banks and audit firms thriving in nigeria and abroad. Any tom dick and harry can be a banker
Mockeryrolling did I call you? Please stay in your arochukwu and maintain your lane
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Grupo(m): 10:31pm On May 07, 2018
Firgemachar:

How long can you do what you are doing? I am happy you are doing something back home you can fall back to.
But trust me, when you become a family man, your expenses and responsibilities will skyrocket so much so that you may end up on credit cards. God forbid!

Did you read where he said he was preparing for a master's program? When he gets a masters in CA, is he still going to be a security guard?
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by kenevision(m): 10:44pm On May 07, 2018
TOPCRUISE:
Alakoba Post. Enemy of progress. After all she will get paid for writing this. She is the kind of person that encourage a master degree holder who lives in sango otta to consider a job of N20,000 per month in Ajah and says experience in the job is key

Bet why you savage like this nau cheesy grin
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by eniolorunfe: 11:26pm On May 07, 2018
Ejadike:
Bro, how can I go about processing a visa? I'm a polytechnic graduate, and can I gain admission or scholarship for Masters with an HND?

Use WES to evaluate your HND degree and then you can apply for admission for Masters.

To get more information about WES evaluation, search via Google & the USA student visa thread in nairaland etc etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Truck Loaded With Live Bullets Falls In Onitsha, Spills Content (Photo) / CMS Lagos Without Keke And Okada, Looks Like This (Photos) / I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.