Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

I Am Looking For Someone To Teach Me Edo/bini Language- I Am Willing To Pay - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am Looking For Someone To Teach Me Edo/bini Language- I Am Willing To Pay (1786 Views)

"Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Voice-recording Of People Speaking Igbo And Bini in 1911 / Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Looking For Someone To Teach Me Edo/bini Language- I Am Willing To Pay by matty4eva: 3:10am On May 21, 2010
Hi my name is Matty and I am 20 about to be 21 year old. My parents are Nigerian and have refused to teach me my native language. Edo language/bini language. I would really like to learn my native language desperately and I am willing to pay for weekly lessons this summer holiday. I don't know about £10 for about 45 minutes a week starting in June. We would go somewhere public, like a library for example.or if it was sunny a park. I am willing to travel. I would prefer a female teacher but if there are males then I wont mind. I would prefer someone around my age but it isn't a deal breaker.

Please not judgemental crap about how disgraceful it is to not know my own language. Anyone that emails me with all that stuff I will just ignore

If you want to contact me then contact me at:
10yeargoals@googlemail.com
Re: I Am Looking For Someone To Teach Me Edo/bini Language- I Am Willing To Pay by Ikengawo: 3:19am On May 21, 2010
good luck on your search. a lot of nigerian parents like the foresight to teach their children their language. then when your 26 they'll try to get you to go to nigeria and find a wife that can't understand your english lol.

it's a sad reality. good luck.
Re: I Am Looking For Someone To Teach Me Edo/bini Language- I Am Willing To Pay by MissyB1(m): 11:11pm On May 21, 2010
I'm willing to teach You [Even though it would be a case of a blind man leading anatha blind man]. grin

This thread will be our classroom and it's free. Yes, thank me. grin grin
Re: I Am Looking For Someone To Teach Me Edo/bini Language- I Am Willing To Pay by matty4eva: 3:45am On May 26, 2010
Can someone translate the following words from English to Bini language

A/An-
After-
Again-
Almost-
Always-
Because-
Before-
Come (as in I come)-
Either-
Or-
Find (as in I find)-
From-
Go (as in I go)-
Goodbye-
Happy-
I am-
If-
In-
I know-

If possible translate the words literally and it would also be helpful if someone could also have the phonetic spelling as well. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Polyglot Shares His Experience / Short History Of Eruku In Kwara State / Ijebu People, Stinginess And Juju: The Alare Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.