Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers (12815 Views)

I Was Asked To Pay N300k Plus "Spreading Legs" For UNICAL Job Offer - Lady Says / Professional CV and Cover Letter Templates For Job Seekers / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by hypergig(m): 8:37am On May 07, 2018
Yeah I know, it doesn't only ring a bell, it strikes a chord, we all wish we had long legs or tentacles, then our job hunting days would be over long before it even got started.

I was all jeered up, I knew I was the perfect pitch for the job, I had my sterling qualities all lined up, bullets points well rallied around my achievements as a content writer and copywriter, the finer part of my professional experience was well chronicled in my CV, I took a good look at my CV and give a side smirk, a reassuring nod of how good I am at what I do.

We were ushered into a conference room, generic questions were rolled out, a brief history and bio of the company was relayed out, a company personel was right behind me and in came another, they let out small whispers and what I heard left me helpless,
The Blob employee : "I get Candidate for this post oh and na him we go pick"

The other blob employee: " why u come let them waste time come here"
He waved him aside and said "Choi forget that side"..

Oladejo Mayowa

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Nobody: 8:43am On May 07, 2018
LOL imagine, and person go run borrow to go for interview. Man need connect.

2 Likes

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by nabegibeg: 10:19am On May 07, 2018
hypergig:

Yeah I know, it doesn't only ring a bell, it strikes a chord, we all wish we had long legs or tentacles, then our job hunting days would be over long before it even got started.

I was all jeered up, I knew I was the perfect pitch for the job, I had my sterling qualities all lined up, bullets points well rallied around my achievements as a content writer and copywriter, the finer part of my professional experience was well chronicled in my CV, I took a good look at my CV and give a side smirk, a reassuring nod of how good I am at what I do.

We were ushered into a conference room, generic questions were rolled out, a brief history and bio of the company was relayed out, a company personel was right behind me and in came another, they let out small whispers and what I heard left me helpless,

Oladejo Mayowa

It can be hurting

5 Likes

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Benjom(m): 10:20am On May 07, 2018
Quite unfortunate

Don't submit your CV anywhere until you've seen these samples. They're recruiters' choice:
https://www..com/cv-samples

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Nackzy: 10:21am On May 07, 2018
Op u sef. U dh make us feel bad the more

4 Likes

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by begwong: 10:21am On May 07, 2018
Long legs/tentacles, godfatherism and God. You need one to scale through!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Jessica555: 10:21am On May 07, 2018
Wickedness. Why waste the t.fare of non lazy youth

10 Likes

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Nobody: 10:22am On May 07, 2018
Una don start again. I have worked for 2 banks, 2 big four audit firms, and a consulting firm. I no sabi anybody. The so called pple wey say mk i bring cv after nysc failed me. With this mindset u no fit progress o. Go to nairaland job section pple are getting jobs in kpmg,pwc,access bank, etc. Dey der

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Benjom(m): 10:23am On May 07, 2018
That's wickedness on there part angry
Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by begwong: 10:23am On May 07, 2018
Benjom:
cool
Y booking space 2hours after the post na?
Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Sheuns(m): 10:23am On May 07, 2018
shocked

People will just cool down and waste people's time and t.fare.
Everything for this country na connection, even in the most ridiculous places. Na real wa for we country.

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Nobody: 10:24am On May 07, 2018
hmm..... very unfortunate though, but then many people made it in life without no long legs. Prepare yourself, then trust God for opportunities so that when it comes, you won't fumble.

2 Likes

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by savio93(m): 10:25am On May 07, 2018
Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Kalapizim(m): 10:26am On May 07, 2018
hmmm indeed evil, i thank God for his grace cos i have never known anyone before getting a job, admission etc. i have also lost opportunities to this menace also. just Gods grace.
OP worry not, a better offer awaits you.

2 Likes

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Nobody: 10:26am On May 07, 2018
fuckerstard:
LOL imagine, and person go run borrow to go for interview. Man need connect.
Bro, just try connect to God, and do your best.... the rest go be history

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by jeeqaa7(m): 10:27am On May 07, 2018
Ok
Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by HAH: 10:27am On May 07, 2018
99% of government work in Nigeria is through long leg this days

Unless jobs like npower and may be police recruitment which are reserved for the children of the poor., merit works largely in the private sector but in the public sector agencies is who know man

Sometimes innocent people will be invited for interview not with intention of being employed but to justify employment of some few with long legs, sadly I have to mention this has been taken to an extreme level in this Buhari government, jobs like those in nnpc,CBN. Firs,nimasa, boi, ncc etc are exclusive reserve of family and friends of those in high places

4 Likes

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Christane: 10:27am On May 07, 2018
long legs is neccessary in nigeria 4 u to be employ in any government or federal government agency even in any sector of d economy u need long leg even to get party rice 4 party u need long leg ..

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Jaytecq(m): 10:27am On May 07, 2018
Job hunting without leg nah scam. Except u Get BIG GOD
Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Benjom(m): 10:28am On May 07, 2018
begwong:

Y booking space 2hours after the post na?

2 hours? Have you eaten this morning? You should have at least looked at the time I dropped that in comparison to yours clearly before quoting me.
Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by GavelSlam: 10:28am On May 07, 2018
yeyerolling:
Una don start again. I have worked for 2 banks, 2 big four audit firms, and a consulting firm. I no sabi anybody. The so called pple wey say mk i bring cv after nysc failed me. With this mindset u no fit progress o. Go to nairaland job section pple are getting jobs in kpmg,pwc,access bank, etc. Dey der

The same set of people that got involved in examination malpractice at WAEC and UME level graduated with the same strategy at university.

Unfortunately for them, the top coys prefer you show your working.

They end up going to smaller organisations where the Nigerian way functions and they complain again.
Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by ZirdoRoray(m): 10:28am On May 07, 2018
Send (DM) your cv (portfolio) if you're a graphic designer and need a job. You can work from anywhere.
Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator and Adobe In design required.
Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Trendy247: 10:29am On May 07, 2018
U mean I fit get job like dis? grin grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Mhorlaitan: 10:29am On May 07, 2018
OMG!! where is Nigeria going to?? Corrupting everyday... The name Nigeria isn't bad but people made it to be... Everything now is Long leg and that's why Nigeria isn't moving forward... Because those people employed aren't qualified and they tend to mess up the whole place... Leaving every pace scattered shattered battered.... When is this country going to grow?? so many qualified youth graduate every year without a definite job and they're the ones fit in for the job

But No!! They won't employ them.. what the employer is after is money... you can imagine extorting money from those who need job... using money to get money or what do we call that??..
it high time this country got to a level that Youth with good results will be appreciated and not with "Long Leg"..

2 Likes

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Ugosample(m): 10:33am On May 07, 2018
yeyerolling:

Your experience notwithstanding, the op has a point, and except we want to lie to ourselves, this practice is quite rampant in Nigeria.

Though people through persistence, still get ahead, they are in the minority

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by xynerise: 10:34am On May 07, 2018
I was once the HR in one telecom firm and I did the opposite. People came under connection but after the interview, I disappointed a lot of them and went for the best candidates

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Unlimited22: 10:35am On May 07, 2018
Trendy247:
grin
Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Jaytecq(m): 10:37am On May 07, 2018
Trendy247:
sure
Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Mhorlaitan: 10:38am On May 07, 2018
xynerise:
I was once the HR in one telecom firm and I did the opposite. People came under connection but after the interview, I disappointed a lot of them and went for the best candidates

you disappointed all of them cox it wasn't d boss that brought those candidates and cox you are in a high position more than those peeps.. Cox even you sef they will av to put another person in place for you..

anyways kudos to you

4 Likes

Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Spicycat(f): 10:41am On May 07, 2018
Trendy247:

You no well walai grin grin grin grin
Re: The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers by Nobody: 10:44am On May 07, 2018
A content and copy writer that doesn't know the difference between geared and jeered. You truly did not deserve the job bro

hypergig:

Oladejo Mayowa

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teach For Nigeria Scheme (just Like Npower) Recruitment 2020 - #80,000 Salary / Apply For Sabmiller Plc Fresh Job Recruitment (11 Positions) / Finally Proven: Your Social Media Life Might Render You Jobless.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.