Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors (1273 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Mia Amor Mottley, The Prime Minister Of Barbados (Photo) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Buhari Meet At The AU 31st Meeting In Mauritania / Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by mrrights: 10:52am On May 07, 2018
Okonjo-Iweala and Aso Villa Prayer Warriors By Simbo Olorunfemi
https://mrrightsng..com.ng/2018/05/okonjo-iweala-and-aso-villa-prayer.html

I do not know what Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala set out to achieve with her book,‘Fighting Corruption is Dangerous: The Story Behind the Headlines’ but if it is to help repair the damage done to her image on account of her last stint in public service, I doubt that some of the excerpts from the book in the public domain will help in that regard.

Her own account:

"I was privileged that part of my daily routine was to join the President and his family and his few close friends in Christian fellowship and morning prayers in the Residential Complex of the Villa. It was a way to gain strength for each difficult day. The prayer normally began at 6am so by 5:45am every day..."

Prayer is the master-key, someone sings. But the Minister of Finance having to be a part of daily routine of prayers with the President at 6 a.m?

Was that really about the prayer or a yearning to be a part of a kitchen cabinet, masquerading as prayer warriors?

Madam had to be in a prayer session with the President on daily basis to gain strength for each difficult day?

How did someone who negotiated herself into a specially- created, all-powerful title "Coordinating Minister of the Economy" become someone who had to become a 'set-forth-at-dawn' prayer warrior to maintain her influence?

So important was the daily prayer session to the Minister that even when she was denied entry on the first day, she didn't shrug it off and move on to gaining strength for the day through other means. She had to come back over the next three days to face the 'humiliation' of being turned back at the gate?

Was it really about the prayer? She had to call one of the go-to men at that time, Mr. John Kenny Opara who promised to discuss this with the villa pastor so they could intercede on her behalf! What was it about this early-morning prayer that Madam Okonjo-Iweala had to be there?

And her presence was so important that for a daily routine which was only for the President, his family and his few close friends, the President would not notice the absence of this his 'close friend' for all of 3 days to be able to bring it up with her?

Could it be that the President knew that, as with a lot of these things, many of the prayer warriors were not necessarily there for the prayers, but for other things?

How did the all-powerful "Coordinating Minister of the Economy" become someone a Presidential aide would block her access simply for doing her duty? How petty can it get that she would be barred from a 'private' prayer session? How disorganised can the Villa be that protocol will be blatantly breached such that the MD of IMF usually accorded the Head of State status would be denied entry through the proper gate, just to spite Dr Okonjo-Iweala?

And Madam who knows about protocol, having once served as Foreign Affairs Minister, did not deem it fit to bring up this embarrassing breach of protocol with the President! She chose not to rock the boat?

To think that this incident reported by Madam happened in as early as 2011. So, how did she cope as Coordinating Minister of the Economy over the next 4 years? How did she cope without the daily prayer session?

Prayer warriors as palace courtiers

So influential have prayer warriors become, over the years, that Chaplains, Diviners and Alfas have become powerful men who opened doors of access to people in power.

Some do not even have official titles but they make things happen as powerful palace courtiers. Those who know, know them.

Who would have known that a Minister has to grovel to be a part of prayer sessions to be able to 'function'?

Power is good. Even for some who never let us forget how they were doing us a favour by opting for public service.

The things people have to put up with just to remain in office.

Who would have known that Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was also one of the Prayer Warriors?

Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by OlujobaSamuel: 11:42am On May 07, 2018
awon afi adura jagun ninu yara oke. kikiikii
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by ronketemi: 1:12pm On May 08, 2018
What are this chaps up to this time?
I can see you don't have anything to write about that's why you are making up stories about an innocent woman.
What an article!

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by ronketemi: 1:46pm On May 08, 2018
Dear Mr. Right,
Can you please back up your accusations with rel event proves?
I don't believe a good citizen could write such thing about a woman who had sacrificed all her life for the growth of the organization.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by HiddenShadow: 1:50pm On May 08, 2018
Buhari & Adeosun who don't pray have landed us in trouble.

See hunger everywhere.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by ronketemi: 1:55pm On May 08, 2018
What have you also achieved with your credentials? Nothing; because if you have, you won’t be soiling peoples name especially those that did their very best for this country.
I don't know what's wrong with us in this country, we keep finding fault in everything.
People just wake up, think of innocent names and include in their write up to gain the masses attention.
Must you write what you don't know?
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by ronketemi: 2:03pm On May 08, 2018
I think it’s time we stop thrashing our leaders and start giving viable solutions on how to make Nigeria better. Enough with all of these biased opinions.
This won't take us anywhere.
Since the day you have been mentioning her name in your article, did it change anything about NOI, did it change her name, did you see any changes?
Why not let us focus at the present issue rather than the past, we don't know what the future has in stock for us. Let's be positive at least for once and stop all these biased opinions.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by ronketemi: 2:09pm On May 08, 2018
Let’s imagine you don’t have an inkling about the achievements of this great woman and I began to spell it out for you, I’m sure you would call back your mis-guided words. She is standing on strong and still a major decision-maker on the boards of various charitable institutions and financial corporations the world over. Her works speaks for her, she is holding her head high, with her gele fashionably adorn and her shoulder squared. You’ve got nothing on this great woman.
Prayer or no prayer.
What happen to today's economy, are you trying to tell me that since you are appointed as the minister, you don't have the right to talk to your God because you are now a civil servant or what because I still don't get it.
I think you have to explain better.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by loladetemi: 2:34pm On May 08, 2018
All of these allegations are usually an excuse to spoil people’s reputations. This is really uncalled for!
After all, it’s clear from the story that Okonjo-Iweala documented the movement from her end and it’s also evident that she followed directions.
What else do you guys want.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by loladetemi: 2:37pm On May 08, 2018
I hope it’s not because ‘Corruption’ is fighting back that this government has decided to shift focus and choose a different and supposed softer-target for its anti-corruption crusade. We want to see the government as up and doing, but also, we also demand efficiency and effectiveness.
Election is drawing near so you are trying to win people on your side with your cheap talks right.
Ko le work.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by loladetemi: 2:50pm On May 08, 2018
Mr Writer, why must you involve NOI into this matter? Them they follow you abi what exactly has she personally done to you?
Is like you are been paid to do this right.
Because I know people like you, its when you've been bribe with chicken change that's when you start writing/saying nonsense.
Writers like you need to be taught a lesson.
When you become the minister of finance which I know you can never become, then don't pray infact don't go to church. Nonsense
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by loladetemi: 2:57pm On May 08, 2018
I don’t know why this writer conveniently attacks Okonjo Iweala, I guess he was sponsored by the enemies of Nigeria and Okonjo Iweala to write this article.
This is nothing but a witch hunt against Dr Okonjo Iweala and it is totally unfair and uncalled for.
Don't be sentimental.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by loladetemi: 3:05pm On May 08, 2018
Time and again, she has proved her honesty by being transparent in all her dealings, but people who have no integrity are the first to cast the first stone always.
Am very sure if you were in her position, things will be very worst to the extent that even the masses will be crying for help.
What a writer!
I shake my head for you ooo.
You think you can just pick up your pen to write rubbish and you think people will be on your side, no never, it is very impossible, people like you are meant to be taught a good lesson for dragging her NOI's name into the mud.
We are just too much in this country.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by NaijaPatron: 3:32pm On May 08, 2018
So you read the whole bookand this was the only point you held on to? Or you just read excerpts and rush to give your 'informed opinion'?

That book contains a lot of hard truths about the inner workings of govts in this country and it's so sad how they take Nigeria for granted.

I really admire her for all she went through and still continued in her drive to better the nigerian economy
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by emoched: 3:39pm On May 08, 2018
This is the most stupid and senseless article I've ever read. Whether it's about your sense of judgment or your decision to simply trade sense for hatred, I still can't figure out but, I'm sure you need help. You just picked up a sentence or two which she mentioned in passing to castigate Okonjo-Iweala. She only mentioned the prayer to situate her narrative in context. Must you be like this?

mrrights:
Okonjo-Iweala and Aso Villa Prayer Warriors By Simbo Olorunfemi

I do not know what Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala set out to achieve with her book,‘Fighting Corruption is Dangerous: The Story Behind the Headlines’ but if it is to help repair the damage done to her image on account of her last stint in public service, I doubt that some of the excerpts from the book in the public domain will help in that regard.

Her own account:

"I was privileged that part of my daily routine was to join the President and his family and his few close friends in Christian fellowship and morning prayers in the Residential Complex of the Villa. It was a way to gain strength for each difficult day. The prayer normally began at 6am so by 5:45am every day..."

Prayer is the master-key, someone sings. But the Minister of Finance having to be a part of daily routine of prayers with the President at 6 a.m?

Was that really about the prayer or a yearning to be a part of a kitchen cabinet, masquerading as prayer warriors?

Madam had to be in a prayer session with the President on daily basis to gain strength for each difficult day?

How did someone who negotiated herself into a specially- created, all-powerful title "Coordinating Minister of the Economy" become someone who had to become a 'set-forth-at-dawn' prayer warrior to maintain her influence?

So important was the daily prayer session to the Minister that even when she was denied entry on the first day, she didn't shrug it off and move on to gaining strength for the day through other means. She had to come back over the next three days to face the 'humiliation' of being turned back at the gate?

Was it really about the prayer? She had to call one of the go-to men at that time, Mr. John Kenny Opara who promised to discuss this with the villa pastor so they could intercede on her behalf! What was it about this early-morning prayer that Madam Okonjo-Iweala had to be there?

And her presence was so important that for a daily routine which was only for the President, his family and his few close friends, the President would not notice the absence of this his 'close friend' for all of 3 days to be able to bring it up with her?

Could it be that the President knew that, as with a lot of these things, many of the prayer warriors were not necessarily there for the prayers, but for other things?

How did the all-powerful "Coordinating Minister of the Economy" become someone a Presidential aide would block her access simply for doing her duty? How petty can it get that she would be barred from a 'private' prayer session? How disorganised can the Villa be that protocol will be blatantly breached such that the MD of IMF usually accorded the Head of State status would be denied entry through the proper gate, just to spite Dr Okonjo-Iweala?

And Madam who knows about protocol, having once served as Foreign Affairs Minister, did not deem it fit to bring up this embarrassing breach of protocol with the President! She chose not to rock the boat?

To think that this incident reported by Madam happened in as early as 2011. So, how did she cope as Coordinating Minister of the Economy over the next 4 years? How did she cope without the daily prayer session?

Prayer warriors as palace courtiers

So influential have prayer warriors become, over the years, that Chaplains, Diviners and Alfas have become powerful men who opened doors of access to people in power.

Some do not even have official titles but they make things happen as powerful palace courtiers. Those who know, know them.

Who would have known that a Minister has to grovel to be a part of prayer sessions to be able to 'function'?

Power is good. Even for some who never let us forget how they were doing us a favour by opting for public service.

The things people have to put up with just to remain in office.

Who would have known that Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was also one of the Prayer Warriors?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by emoched: 3:43pm On May 08, 2018
The fact that she mentioned, which you also pointed our attention to, that the president did not notice her for the days she was absent is enough evidence the debunk your irrational and nonsensical allegation that the solemn time of worship was a "kitchen cabinet, masquerading as prayer warriors?"

if you have nothing to write, just shut the hell up.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by emoched: 3:51pm On May 08, 2018
How did the all-powerful "Coordinating Minister of the Economy" become someone a Presidential aide would block her access simply for doing her duty?

This is to tell you she is not all-powerful in any way. She is humble, and her servant-leadership is exceptional. Just as Okonjo-Iweala had her territory, the presidential aide had his too, which was what she respected. Do you know what due-process or protocol is? If you've ever got a chance to work, you would have understood the bureaucracy of workplace better. I'd advise you to go find a job and learn. I wonder what you would have done if you were in Okonjo-Iweala's shoes. Probably maim the aide alive.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by NaijaPatron: 4:41pm On May 08, 2018
Another sycophant attacking NOI. Nigerians like you truly deserve the kind of political leaders you have. Shame.
Someone like NOI that tried her best to save for the future, brought accountability and traparencey practices to governance, whats she getting from the likes of you? Ridicule. Shebi she don leave for una, una go go dey alright.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Budwyde: 4:44pm On May 08, 2018
This same woman you are trying to malign aimlessly is still being reputed the world over; she is still a board member of the Rockerfeller Foundation & Centre for Global Development, senior adviser at Lazard, Head of Gavi and so many other sensitive positions she stills holds that cater to developmental issues in and around the African continent. Our dear nation is in a mess right now, but to get out of it we need more people like her. We need their expertise and a socio-political system that enables them to thrive and bring their lofty ideas to fruition.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Budwyde: 4:48pm On May 08, 2018
That she is allowed into such a private meeting tells you how much value the president placed on her and her cordial relationship with the first family. Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala made her name ever before she came into public office. She never lobbied for the post, her experience and expertise in global economics made the Obasanjo administration to insist on bringing her on board. And she delivered to the degree the existing political environment at the time allowed. No matter how petty you descend and foul-mouthed you try to be, you’ve got nothing on this woman.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Budwyde: 4:50pm On May 08, 2018
Disparaging and attacking people unjustly won’t get you far I promise you. If you dissipate a measure of the energy you expended on this silly piece to something worthwhile and objective, you won’t be dishing out this vitriol at the whistle of your current pay-masters. You would have out-grown them.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Balogun1992: 4:53pm On May 08, 2018
This one has nothing to write about. Why not just keep this ignorance to yourself.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Budwyde: 4:56pm On May 08, 2018
Your agenda is very clear from the get-go. You saw a portion of the book, probably on social-media and garbage thoughts started spewing out of your garbage mind. My advice for you: go get the book and read, probably your petty mind can get a kick and perceive a bit of what people like her did and still doing to repair the carnage our nation has become.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Budwyde: 4:57pm On May 08, 2018
She didn’t make herself Coordinating Minister of the Economy, the president did. Her track-record is so over-whelming that the president couldn’t think of a better role for her. But people of vile character and darkened imagination-just like you- were all out to upset the apple cart. Nevertheless, hope is yet rising and we able to see the silver lining yet again.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Budwyde: 5:00pm On May 08, 2018
Even if you don’t believe in prayers some of us still do. To out-wit these current power-brokers and power-mongers holding our nation to ransom, we need divine intervention.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Budwyde: 5:01pm On May 08, 2018
God answers prayer, doubt that at your own peril. The Divine Being is ever ready to help, but we have a responsibility to ourselves and also to God: to get our acts together and forge a solid path to development, progress and prosperity as a nation.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Budwyde: 5:06pm On May 08, 2018
I’m glad Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala seeks strength and motivation from the right channel. What would have become of her if she did otherwise? Despite the mud-slinging and the terrible things that happens in the corridor of power, she still stands tall today; unscathed. Thank God she prayed.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Budwyde: 5:07pm On May 08, 2018
How can you ever suggest someone like Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala ranting about her enemies? She handled the episode maturely and came out better for it. If you find yourself in such situation you can go ahead and stoke the fire and bring down the whole structure on yourself like Samson did in the Bible.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Budwyde: 5:19pm On May 08, 2018
Good-luck with your stone throwing mission, let see how far you go with this hatchet job you have undertaken.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Balogun1992: 6:32pm On May 08, 2018
So because she was the minister, does that stop her from practising her religion?
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Balogun1992: 6:33pm On May 08, 2018
This article is meaningless on many fronts. Of the whole issues explored by Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala that are relevant to this nation, look at what someone is busy talking about.
Re: Okonjo-iweala And Aso Villa Prayer Warriors by Balogun1992: 6:34pm On May 08, 2018
Who even gave you the right to police other people’s faith?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Somebody Explain Senator Abaribe's Case For Me Please / BREAKING: NASS Resumes, APC Moves To Impeach Saraki / Buhari Can Win This Elections Easily With One Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.