Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

How Can I Secure My Facebook Account From Hackers? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Can I Secure My Facebook Account From Hackers? (316 Views)

How To Prevent Phone Hacking And Protect Your Cell Phone From Hackers / Office 365 Professional Plus Lifetime Account From 7,000 Naira Only / Recover & Secure Your Yahoo Mail Account From Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Secure My Facebook Account From Hackers? by MICIBAMA(m): 12:20pm On May 07, 2018
How can I secure my Facebook account? Learning about general security for Facebook profiles and pages generally involves working with advanced security settings and features, and understanding the basic settings of this very popular social media platform.

For a basic look at securing Facebook profiles, start with some basic suggestions from the Facebook site itself.

http://www.belmadeng.com/2018/05/Secure-Facebook-account-hackers.html

These include picking a strong password that can’t be guessed by someone else, and being careful to log out of Facebook when you access it on shared computers. Users should also run anti-virus software on their computers and use firewalls to secure the local network.

In addition, users can look at optional security features offered by the Facebook platform. Users can opt for "active sessions" to make sure they are properly logged out after Facebook use. They can also access "login notifications," which show the user any access to his or her profile.

Similarly, "login approvals" can be set up to determine the kinds of input required to access a particular Facebook account. Another, more basic, tip is to change privacy settings to make sure that only friends see personal content, where the default may allow some data to remain public.

SOURCE: http://www.belmadeng.com/2018/05/Secure-Facebook-account-hackers.html
Re: How Can I Secure My Facebook Account From Hackers? by Lilusm: 4:56pm On May 07, 2018
I do not use FB because of this.

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Acknowledges Bug That Was Causing Android App To Crash,it's Been Fixed / Nigerian Teacher Wins US Space Academy Scholarship / Mozilla Firefox Just Got More Secure And Faster.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.