Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label (9369 Views)

Ford Issues Safety Compliance And Recalls For 2020-21 Ford F-Series / $2.5million Lamborghini Centenario CAUSES CHAOS In London! / Man Crashes Rented Lamborghini As He Tries To Impress Woman He Met At A Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by naijacarlovers: 8:22am On May 08, 2018
In the recent years, there has been a lot of recalls in the auto industry due to several reasons like faulty airbags, sticking accelerator pedals, faulty brakes etc.

Well those seem to be for the ‘lesser’cars for the ‘lesser’mortals.

Courtesy of WSupercars.

Lamborghini just separated the “boys from the men” as they issued a recall on their new Special Edition Centenario for a very, very, very, major, important incorrect label. Can you beat that?

They say that the label has an incorrect weight limit on it and this ‘anomaly’can cause the car to be overloaded, the recall states, as released by the USA’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Owners of this car will be notified by Lamborghini about this recall and dealers will install the correct certification label, free of charge.

Point to note is that only 40 of these cars were made so contacting the owners and effecting this ‘repair’should be relatively a breeze.

I know you need a quick data of its performance that can justify this special care:

770 horsepower.
V12.
2.8 seconds from 0-60 mph.

Do you think this reason is worth it or silly?

http://naijacarlovers.com/index.php/2018/05/08/lamborghini-recalls-the-centenario-to-repair-an-overweight-label/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by cyborg123(m): 9:38am On May 08, 2018
[s]This is plain silly. The weight of the logo is inconsequential to the horses in the monstrous engine. I think the company is hiding the real reason for the recall, perhaps its too embarrassing or disappointing[/s]

Modified: This is a step in the right direction. Labels should supply users the right information.

I was way off in my previous line of thought. grin Maybe the OP edited the post. grin

17 Likes

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:19am On May 09, 2018
Need a website design? Get started without advanced payments. Check my signature
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by drunkpunk(m): 7:20am On May 09, 2018
odikwa very egwu

2 Likes

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by beewhy009(m): 7:21am On May 09, 2018
It can't be just for the label... Sth is fishy. I will be waiting for their call / mail sad

2 Likes

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by Nobody: 7:22am On May 09, 2018
cyborg123:
This is plain silly. The weight of the logo is inconsequential to the horses in the monstrous engine. I think the company is hiding the real reason for the recall, perhaps its too embarrassing or disappointing.

You don't understand the article at all. Take a deep breath & read it all over again grin

5 Likes

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by Harmored(m): 7:22am On May 09, 2018
angry

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by tenmariner: 7:25am On May 09, 2018
A practical example of "Not compromising standard"

2 Likes

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by Gten(m): 7:28am On May 09, 2018
So that was why they called me, this people are not serious.

14 Likes

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by Ipfreely: 7:28am On May 09, 2018
This is false information.

I don't know how this thread got this far with this completely inaccurate interpretation.

The label itself wasn't overweight.

The figures on the label indicated wrong weight figures for the Centenario, creating the possibility of these vehicles being overloaded.

It would be like an item of clothing being produced with an XXL tag instead of an XL tag.

There's nothing wrong with the vehicle itself , or the label itself, but the information printed on the label.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by CodeBrain110039: 7:29am On May 09, 2018
programmer

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by Nonnyflex(m): 7:36am On May 09, 2018
Leave my car for me like that biko
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by jaxxy(m): 7:39am On May 09, 2018
Weight limit issue ok great
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by don4real18(m): 7:49am On May 09, 2018
Something isn't right... I won't return my Lamborghini grin They should better stop sending me emails
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by QTEST007(m): 7:53am On May 09, 2018
I THINK I SHOULD RETURN MINE ASAP.
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by Kobicove(m): 7:54am On May 09, 2018
Really? undecided
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by Nobody: 7:56am On May 09, 2018
Sleek ride
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by tygar(m): 8:02am On May 09, 2018
Ipfreely:

I don't know how this thread got this far with this completely inaccurate interpretation.

The figures on the label indicated wrong weight figures for the Centenario, creating the possibility of these vehicles being overloaded.

It would be like an item of clothing being produced with an XXL tag instead of an XL tag.

There's nothing wrong with the vehicle itself , or the label itself, but the information printed on the label.
he forgot to put space btw d over and weight

1 Like

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by InteriorDecors: 8:09am On May 09, 2018
grin
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by deepwater(f): 8:23am On May 09, 2018
kai

As little as it may appear, that is a fatal error in engineering design.

If a modification/error has been made that alters the gross weight of the equipment (vehicle in this case), the loadline is as well affected. With consideration to other factors such as air density and temp. The whole calculations of that vehicle is flawed thereby misleading any information per dimension on the users manual.

Something tells me this error is really larger than what is portrayed, they are trying to appear caring and having attention to details.
However, i am not buying that as there exist what is called safety factor in design. If all safety factor limits and ranges cannot accommodate the label overweight, then it is more than what actually meets the eyes.

Return the car asap.

1 Like

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by SalamRushdie: 8:31am On May 09, 2018
Only a few previously Lamborghini customers where ever allowed to own the centinario and believe me they won't have problem with the recall
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by Nobody: 8:32am On May 09, 2018
It's not the weight of the label. It's the weight on the label, which could lead to someone overloading the car. They are justified, in trying to avoid legal liability.

1 Like

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by ogbiwa: 8:43am On May 09, 2018
Ipfreely:

Thank you for this. It takes common sense to know that what the OP spent time conjuring is absolutely false. Saying a car's label weight can lead to overload: labels that at the most don't weigh more than a plastic cup and that it is basis for a total recall. He thinks he's writing to sheep?
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by twicenoni(m): 8:53am On May 09, 2018
Make una talk truth we no go beat una... You have everlasting object inside it that u need to remove that's why you guys are recalling it back... I pray make the owner for this beast for Nigeria pick una call sha. Moi moi wey enter inside agidi no go come outside again
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by Fixed: 10:56am On May 09, 2018
ogbiwa:

Thank you for this. It takes common sense to know that what the OP spent time conjuring is absolutely false. Saying a car's label weight can lead to overload: labels that at the most don't weigh more than a plastic cup and that it is basis for a total recall. He thinks he's writing to sheep?

The title is very misleading and to make matter worse, people are just commenting without reading.

The article talked about incorrect load limits engraved on the Lambo's label. An owner will be misguided and overload the car if he relies on the info on the current label. The recall is aimed at detaching the current label and affixing the label with the correct load specs. End of story.

1 Like

Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:00am On May 09, 2018
CodeBrain110039:
hmmm

Nairaland is a website - specifically a forum.
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 09, 2018
Gten:
So that was why they called me, this people are not serious.

to come wash the ones engineers have worked on....
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by emwye(m): 2:38pm On May 09, 2018
Please reread the article and edit your comment accordingly. Thanks

cyborg123:
This is plain silly. The weight of the logo is inconsequential to the horses in the monstrous engine. I think the company is hiding the real reason for the recall, perhaps its too embarrassing or disappointing.
Re: Lamborghini Recalls The Centenario To ‘repair’ An Overweight Label by cyborg123(m): 2:49pm On May 09, 2018
emwye:
Please reread the article and edit your comment accordingly. Thanks

GidiWoodsMan:

You don't understand the article at all. Take a deep breath & read it all over again grin
I misunderstood the article. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

How Long Have You Been Using Your Current Vehicle / FRSC ICE Number Initiative (In Case Of Emergency) / What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.